Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Healthy Low Carb
Best SB restaurants when eating out

hey,

We are going to have a few meals out starting tonight and over the next few weeks. So, I was wondering what were the most SB friendly places?

thx!
Wendy
Its me - WENDALINA is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

anyone
Old 05-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
I'm no help; we seldom eat out. I usually take food with me if we're going to be out for a long time. However, I will say that I have never been in a restaurant where I couldn't find something appropriate to eat, even if it was a salad. Just order what you know you can eat and don't order what you can't. It might help if we knew why you were going to be eating out. Is it a necessary thing like a business dinner or is it travel? Do you have to accommodate others? I guess a steak house would always be safe.

~*~*~Proud Knitter For~*~*~
The Ships Project- Supporting America's Troops
Deployed in the War on Terror-
One stitch at a time!
http://www.theshipsproject.com
]
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #4
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hey Wendy,

Sorry not to respond (I pretty much only read the daily check-in thread, I don't read the other posts regularly...) I eat out all the time. At home, it's just the two of us - so we often don't feel like cooking. For business, I'm on the road about 2 weeks of every month. So you can imagine how many meals I spend in restaurants!

For dinner, simple is best. Grilled fish, chicken, meats are a safe bet. Try to go to places where you can get veggies instead of a starch. Big salads are good, esp. with grilled/blackened protein (shrimp, chicken, etc.) But get your dressing on the side!

One of our favorite nights out is at a local Irish pub. They do a 2 for 1 burger night. I get the burger with no roll and a big slab of tomato. They give you an option of a starch or a side salad - you can guess what I pick . Then my husband can enjoy his burger with that big nasty white roll and french fries.

Places to avoid? Mexican is tough. Too many temptations. But if you do go, get fajitas minus the tortillas. Italian is also tough, although I do sometimes get chicken saltimbocca (proscuitto, spinach, mozz cheese in a wine demi-glaze.) I ask them to not batter the chicken and to put a very light amount of sauce. It's not perfect, but it's okay for a splurge.

FYI. We live in a tiny beach town, so we don't have any chain restaurants here. It's mostly places with fresh fish literally right off the docks here, or steaks, chops, etc. I find it very easy to stay on plan when going out. One of my favorite places serves grilled chicken tenders with a side of peanut sauce that is great. No breading, no batter. Just good old chicken on the grill. I ask them for some lettuce and tomato, and I've got a nice SB dinner.

Now, I also spend a great deal of time in Europe. And there? All bets are off. I have to do the best I can, and typically it's not good. I'll be in Rome at the end of June, and heaven knows what I'll be able to eat.

Good luck and I hope that helps!

2014 Running Miles: 328
2014 Walking Miles: 278
2014 Biking Miles: 456
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

we are having some remodeling done to the house as well as we will be on the road traveling and such so I just wanted to be prepared. I can basically go for a grilled meat and veggies. The hard part is the italian, mexican, chinese etc.... Thanks Wiz for the ideas. My blood type is salsa () so that is my weakness. I would love love love to try that chicken saltimbocca the next time Italian comes up.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-31-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LisaG
WOE: Avoid wheat and sweets
Start Date: 2002
I like steakhouses. If you have a Texas Roadhouse or Longhorn Steakhouse near you, you can't go wrong!!
LisaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

As far as Mexican, I always do a chicken fajita salad at our local place, or you can get a taco salad minus the shell and tortilla strips. Chicken Tortilla soup is good minus the tortilla strips as well. Oftentimes I will order fajitas (steak, chicken, or shrimp) with all the fixings and ask them to hold the tortillas. Very yummy!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:35 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
As far as Mexican, I always do a chicken fajita salad at our local place, or you can get a taco salad minus the shell and tortilla strips. Chicken Tortilla soup is good minus the tortilla strips as well. Oftentimes I will order fajitas (steak, chicken, or shrimp) with all the fixings and ask them to hold the tortillas. Very yummy!!!

genius!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: wifey
Stats: goal is size 10
What about a Mongolian Grill?
wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its me - WENDALINA View Post

genius!!!!
Thought of this thread b/c I went out for lunch and had the chicken fajita salad, ha ha.
Sadly, I cannot eat avocadoes anymore. Since being pregnant two years ago they totally turn me off and also give me heartburn. Weird?!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: speedy
Stats: 138/136/115
WOE: atkins induction again
Start Date: april 26,2008
This is extremely helpful

I put it in my purse lol.....the south beach dining guide...makes it super easy to order has all of the phases and what itemd on menu to order on each phase
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote