Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 06:31 AM   #121
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hey gang...the weeklong challenge is working for me too!! It's amazing what kind of results you get when you string together a whole week of completely OP days. No nibbles of this or bites of that.

Although I was going to wait until Friday, I had to take a peek at the scale this morning. I felt good vibes and took the plunge. I'll be darned, but I am down 3 lbs from last Thursday's St Patrick's debacle. (By the way, it was a great night out, but between the beer, nachos, wings, etc. it was clearly not an OP evening. :blush

Now the true test comes...Munich on Saturday. The only good thing about business travel is I do not snack. I'm stuck in a hotel room, an airplane or a conference room most of the time, so whatever food is served to me at that particular meal is all I have. I'll bring my sneakers and hopefully get some exercise in while there.

Elaine, nice to see you back. I don't like most fish myself, so I'm the wrong one to ask. I only do shellfish - except for tuna out of a can, no regular fish. But I do love shrimp, scallops, crab, lobster, etc. As my husband would say, of course I love those - they are expensive fish

Later gang!

2014 Running Miles: 390
2014 Walking Miles: 313
2014 Biking Miles: 513
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2011, 07:11 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Laniemargaret
Stats: 181/154/135
WOE: SB, Sugarbusters
Start Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post

Elaine, nice to see you back. I don't like most fish myself, so I'm the wrong one to ask. I only do shellfish - except for tuna out of a can, no regular fish. But I do love shrimp, scallops, crab, lobster, etc. As my husband would say, of course I love those - they are expensive fish

Later gang!
Thank you WIZ-- I know you travel ALOT for your employment.. and I'm sure it gets tiring.. but WOW!! It would be so cool for awhile I think!

I LOVE shrimp myself.. coconut to be exact.. bad stuff! I never cook it at HOME... I feel like I don't know HOW to cook it or buy the right thing that will taste good. Have bought some that tasted REALLY STRONG!

I wish I liked TUNA!! I can't stand the SMELL of it! I know FISH is HEALTHY, but hard to stomach.

Did ok yesterday...
Breakfast- fiber one cerela no sugar/ fruit/ greek yogurt

salad for lunch/ mix greens/ SALMON w yogurt & light mayo/ boiled egg
turkey patty for dinner with green beans/
DH made me an AWESOME smoothie after HOT YOGA.. was soooooooo TIRED!
Laniemargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jlieb62
Elaine, did you end up selling the bike or did you keep it?
jlieb62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

For those of you who eat cottage cheese... which kind do you usually buy? The fat-free seemed kinda scary to me so I went for the 1%. Have you found much difference in taste between the various kinds? Thanks!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #125
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cottage Cheese...blech.

Guess I can't be more helpful on that question, Jim.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlieb62 View Post
For those of you who eat cottage cheese... which kind do you usually buy? The fat-free seemed kinda scary to me so I went for the 1%. Have you found much difference in taste between the various kinds? Thanks!
I can't eat it unless it is 2%. Breakstones is good.

Michele
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:16 AM   #127
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning all,

This is a quick check-in. I've got a million things to do for work and at home before I head to Germany tomorrow afternoon. I'm so bummed, it's 63 degrees and sunny in Munich today...when I arrive on Sunday? 45 and rainy. I was hoping to do a little sight-seeing Sunday afternoon. We'll see.

I hope you all have a great week, I'm not sure when I will be able to check in again. I cannot commit to continuing the challenge this weekend, but I promise to pick right back up the second I am back on US soil!!

See ya later Beachers!!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:39 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

What happens in Germany, stays in Germany.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
hello everyone! Happy Friday!! My birthday was last Friday and silly me didn't donate my birthday cake to my coworkers. I threw out the last large piece last night... My birthday is one day a year, that's it! Doesn't mean you can eat anything you want all day and for the most part, I made good choices but I need to tell my MIL I'm over cake for my birthday.
Little victories: been eating well all week and finishing week 3 of the couch25k training!
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:09 AM   #130
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
What happens in Germany, stays in Germany.
LOL! Yeah, but I better make sure I tell my husband that only pertains to FOOD!
Old 03-27-2011, 05:35 AM   #131
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Quote:
Jim, I always buy 2%......it's like a happy medium between full fat and FF. It still has great flavor. 1% is just STILL too watery to me and no flavor.
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:12 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Elaine, did you end up selling the bike or did you keep it?
HI JIM!!

I still have the bike-- I'm soooo TORN about whether to sell or keep! It's paid for... so............?? Gas prices will be an influence I think too!

The ISSUE I have are CAGES!!! People in CARS DO NOT know how to drive! PLEASE NO OFFENSE to anyone out there!! But ppl DO NOT see bikers! Don't look for us at all.. A very dear friend of mine was on a bike - he had 40 yrs riding experience VERY CAREFUL rider.. a car pulled out RIGHT in front of him, he almost died-- he's now blind and hasn't walked in a year.. so in light of THAT- It causes me to wonder if it's worth it all... so SAD we live in an age where things are so dangerous-- ppl TEXTING while driving and LOADS of other things...

Sorry such a long reply-- but thought you may want the story.

As far as SB--- I managed to stay on track... LOTS of salads... GAINED A POUND! What's the use...sigh........... kinda went nuts last night-- brown rice- I haven't had in prob a YEAR!! POTATO!! I thought oh well... what better time to be BAD, since being GOOD it's working out too well right now.

Back on track today.. store didn't have my high fiber cereal-- all of a sudden everyone is buying it! Got UNCLE SAM'S-- WHEW HIGH CALORIE!! ate 1/2 cup w/ 1/2 greek yogurt, 1/2 1% milk.

Will go back to salads AGAIN!!!!!!!! Thinking about adding tuna to it- if I can stand it.. fish is so healthy- so I'm TRYING to like it.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

GLITTERIFIC...

HAPPY BELATED!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tconerly
Stats: 173/166/145
Start Date: restart: 1/31/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by michele777 View Post
Ok I'm not in for the weekend challenge

I caved. I have trouble figuring out what to eat because SBD equals healthy food which equals cooking and I didn't plan and I was hungry and hubby and kids wanted mexican and well I will just leave it at that...

Grrrrrrrr. I'm so annoyed. I hope you all did better that I did!

Michele
Michelle,
If I'm ever at a Mexican restaraunt, I order either a fajita salad or the taco salad and get the taco shell off the plate. I am always very satisfied!
tconerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Hey y'all! Haven't been able to post for a while. Middle school baseball has started and we've been hitting the fields. Except for the excess boiled peanuts, the games have not been that much of a challenge. Planning ahead is the key. However, I still find that if I check in here on a daily basis, I seem to do better? Sure wish I had seen the weekend challenge. Awesome idea!! Here's to a good week for everyone!

b: "french toast eggs"
s: celery and peanut butter
l: cann. bean and spinach salad
d: thinking about cookin up the beef tenderloin with horseradish sauce that was recently sent out on the SBD weekly newsletter...sounds yummy! and I know, I know, I need another vegetable here....maybe an egg, t. bacon, red onion spinach salad on the side?
d: sf fudgsicle

Have any of you had or seen any new recipes latley? I love to try new things!
Old 03-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Michele and Cindy... I've been able to stomach the 1% okay but I definitely think that I will go for the 2% next time!
Old 03-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laniemargaret View Post
I still have the bike-- I'm soooo TORN about whether to sell or keep! It's paid for... so............?? Gas prices will be an influence I think too!
I'm actually quite glad to hear that you still have it! You look totally kick*ss with that bike, Elaine. And I know what you mean about drivers not respecting bikes. I don't have a motorcycle but I do ride my mountain bike quite often on the street, always obeying the rules of the road, and not only do people not pay proper attention to us, I have had people intentionally try to run me off the road! I understand that for motorcycles it's even worse. Did you get the optional machine-gun mount on that thing? Maybe time to consider it.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:44 AM   #138

Gallery: happygal53
Good morning everyone.

Today is day 1 of South Beach for me! I have the South Beach books...and I'm prepared!

A big thank you to Rose who was kind enough to answer my question on another thread. Yes, this is the plan for me!

I was searching on amazon...Dr. Agastston will have another book coming out in September titled The South Beach Wake-up Call - Dr. Agatston's Real Life Program for Reversing our Toxic Lifestyle. It will be out this September.

Glad to join you all!
happygal53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:38 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm actually quite glad to hear that you still have it! You look totally kick*ss with that bike, Elaine. And I know what you mean about drivers not respecting bikes. I don't have a motorcycle but I do ride my mountain bike quite often on the street, always obeying the rules of the road, and not only do people not pay proper attention to us, I have had people intentionally try to run me off the road! I understand that for motorcycles it's even worse. Did you get the optional machine-gun mount on that thing? Maybe time to consider it.
HA!!! THANKS for the compliment! LOL-- LOVE the idea of machine gun mount!! WOOHOO!! THAT would work!
oooo--- BE CAREFUL out there on your mountain bike!! Wish our society as a WHOLE would be more respectful of LAWS... COURTESY.... watchful...etc.. the list could go ON! It's hard to truly enjoy things as we would like to...
Old 03-30-2011, 08:06 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

QUOTE=happygal53;14515774]Good morning everyone.

Today is day 1 of South Beach for me! I have the South Beach books...and I'm prepared!

A big thank you to Rose who was kind enough to answer my question on another thread. Yes, this is the plan for me!

I was searching on amazon...Dr. Agastston will have another book coming out in September titled The South Beach Wake-up Call - Dr. Agatston's Real Life Program for Reversing our Toxic Lifestyle. It will be out this September.

Glad to join you all![/QUOTE]

You will be very happy with this thread. The vets are great to answer any questions you might have. There are always meal ideas and people are good about sharing recipes. Good Luck on your new adventure!
Old 03-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Feeling good about my diet this week! SB is the way to go! Had a slip up with a few goldfish last night...Not too terrible, but not good to stray!

Meal Plan today:
b: egg and cheese
s: 1.5 oz peanut snack pack
l: left over beef tenderloin and cann. bean/spinach salad
s: celery sticks (no pnut butter since I am having peanuts for my a.m. snack
d: more left over beff tend. and cann bean/ salad

I am going to a jewelry party tonight. I will indulge in a glass of wine (or 2) but am going in with the mind set of only snacking on P1 snacks (if available...if not, no snack!))
Old 03-30-2011, 08:24 AM   #142

Thanks TConerly. Glad to be here!
Old 03-30-2011, 08:27 AM   #143

Breakfast: Black coffee, 1 minute micro bread made with almond meal and flax, melted jalapeno pepper cheese, sliced tomato and onion

Lunch: Lentil chicken soup with veg added

Dinner: Turkey burgers, lots of veg

Snacks: cheese stick, diet blueberry juice (5 cals per cup), maybe a bit more nuts if I'm really hungry. Just winging it today, but have plenty of P1 foods around.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygal53 View Post
Good morning everyone.

Glad to join you all!
Welcome! Thanks for the information about the book! Glad to see you found a plan that can work for you
Old 03-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

OK back on track starting tomorrow. I ate everything in sight for a whole week. I feel just awful which is probably from adding gluten back into my diet. I'm 100% sure gluten makes me sick even though I tested ok. So, back on the beach I go! Even when I am not losing weight on SBD I feel better. I just need to count those darn calories still.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OK back on track starting tomorrow. I ate everything in sight for a whole week. I feel just awful which is probably from adding gluten back into my diet. I'm 100% sure gluten makes me sick even though I tested ok. So, back on the beach I go! Even when I am not losing weight on SBD I feel better. I just need to count those darn calories still.
Just b/c you don't test positive for celiac disease doesn't mean you aren't intolerant, there just isn't a test for that! welcome back... come by often, it really helps me stay in check!
Old 03-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

I feel so sick everytime I start adding wheat back into my diet. I think I have officially concluded that it just is not for me. I guess I will just add the fruit in and maybe starchy vegetables and rice and no wheat products. I feel better without it. Maybe I will take metamucil for the fiber. Glad you are doing well Glitter! It's cold here in Jersey!!!!! When will the weather get better???
Old 03-31-2011, 05:46 AM   #148
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Still lurking, just crazy schedule right now!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:34 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I feel so sick everytime I start adding wheat back into my diet. I think I have officially concluded that it just is not for me. I guess I will just add the fruit in and maybe starchy vegetables and rice and no wheat products. I feel better without it. Maybe I will take metamucil for the fiber. Glad you are doing well Glitter! It's cold here in Jersey!!!!! When will the weather get better???
Looks like the weekend will improve after all this rain/snow madness.. I can't wait for better weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
Still lurking, just crazy schedule right now!
I hope you have a great weekend!!!

I did pretty good today considering I ended up eating out most of the day.. I also started week 4 of the couch25k program.. had to do it on the treadmill since the weather has been terrible.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:52 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Did great all week. Jewelry party was a success too. So can anyone tell me why my 3 yrs old's Captain Crunch cereal is freakin me out??? Couldn't resist any more...Grabbed 2 (okay, maybe 5) small handfuls...now wishing I could pour the rest of the box down my throat! Ughhh! Dang Captain Crunch! Do these temptations/cravings/ freak outs ever really go away???