Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 11:52 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
It's A New Year

What will you do with it?
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Marking my spot - Happy New Year and thanks for the new thread Rose!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jenn-jenn
Hi! Today was my first day on the SBD and it did not go as well as I had hoped but I can't beat myself up over it. My plan went out the window. Whoooopsies.

B: two egg omlette w/ ham, broccoli, salsa, yellow & red bell pepper and an itsy amount of cheddar cheese

S: 15 almonds

L: a side green salad with a small amount of chicken and about 1/2 serving of low fat ranch dressing & no fat refried beans(did not realize this was not allowed) mixed with small amount of chicken and salsa

S: hot chocolate made with NSA coco powder and hot water (i only drank about 1/2 of it tho)

D: (by this time I was feeling so badly, no energy, did not want to cook but starving) two egg omlette with ham, broccoli, salsa, red pepper.

S: starving so I just had 12 more almonds

On weekends I don't exercise as much but squeezed in a 5 mile walk on the beach. Right now, I do not feel well at all. It seems anytime I try to lose weight my body tries to sabotage me. I have a horrible headache and feel really cruddy. I even ate what seems like a lot to me to be on a "diet". Normally though I eat a lot of carbs. Tons of fruit and whole grains so maybe this is just my body going through detox? Which is what I wanted. I am determined to make this work and will go to the store tomorrow to stock up on SBD friendly foods. I realize I need a LOT more veggies but I just didn't have them and grocery shopping is on Sunday.

Really craving a bowl of cheerios w/ a banana right now but I will maintain strong.
jenn-jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #4

Jenn, beans are allowed, so no problem there. Snacks should be more like mini-meals, so protein and veggies, protein and veggies. The other meals look good except no "side" salads, eat a big salad with lots of veggies. When you go shopping load up on proteins, lots of fresh veggies, yogurt, cottage cheese, V-8 if you like it. What are you drinking? Don't forget lots of water. Follow the food lists and the menu outlines for meal ideas and you will be fine.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: graciejean
Rose1 I want to move in with you ,looks you are really living the good life
graciejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:48 PM   #6
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Happy New Year everyone
Back on PH1 Monday. Will try to post at least once a week. I have said before it's hard to get in here taking care of mom.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #7

Hi Berta. We're up late, aren't we? How is your Mom doing? Remember, if you take good care of yourself, you can take better care of everyone else!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
Rose1 I want to move in with you ,looks you are really living the good life
Life is good on the Beach! Are you going to join us?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Hi Berta. We're up late, aren't we? How is your Mom doing? Remember, if you take good care of yourself, you can take better care of everyone else!
Hi Rose
Yes, I know. It is just so hard and at my age it is even harder because of the condition I am in I can't exercise. Sooo I will just keep trying to lose without it.
Tomorrow is back to PH1.
Also is white wheat flour allowed on SB after PH1 of course?

And to answer about mom.She is pretty good physically for 92(93 in April) but her dementia is getting worse slowly each day.So her mind isn't what it should be.She gets confused really easy and crys really easy and that is really hard to see and take.She is picking up things and took my glasses one day, I didn't think I would ever find themBut when she ask what I was looking for she said OH is this them? They were on her table in her room. and I didn't put them there

Last edited by Berta48; 01-02-2011 at 07:53 PM..
Old 01-03-2011, 05:50 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Laniemargaret
Stats: 181/154/135
WOE: SB, Sugarbusters
Start Date: May 2010
HELLO Everyone!!!!!!!!

THANK GOD it's a NEW YEAR!!! Well-- the damage is DONE... lost a lb after TG-- THEN-- Christmas + 4lbs... SAD... over night added TWO MORE!!!!!! ???? I don't know...

ANYWAY-- I'm going to go back to ph 1--- maybe 1.5---

Been off line-- when I'm off work-- I don't TOUCH a computer unless I HAVE to...
Laniemargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Deer Park
Hello Folks,
I'm new to this website, but I've been doing the SB since August. As of yesterday's weight check, I am now half way to my goal! 30 down with 30 more to go. Yippee for me.

Berta -- I understand how tough it is to care for an ailing parent. I've took care of my mother for three years with a lot of help from my wife but with little or no help -- financial or physical -- from my two sibs or her husband of 50 years. She had Alzheimer's and passed way over Thanksgiving. Black Friday will never be the same for me. Talk about stressful. And it's doubly so because I'm a stress eater.

Anyway, you have my sympathies. I know what you're going through, and it is difficult. Just keep in mind that, if you don't take care of yourself, you won't be able to take care of Mom.

B: Hard-boiled egg and salad
S: skipped
L: Ceasar salad with some steak
S: 3 oz. Cashews (Ouch!)
D: Green beans and a Pork Chop
S: an Apple
Deer Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #12

Deer Park, to the forum.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #13
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Park View Post
Hello Folks,
I'm new to this website, but I've been doing the SB since August. As of yesterday's weight check, I am now half way to my goal! 30 down with 30 more to go. Yippee for me.

Berta -- I understand how tough it is to care for an ailing parent. I've took care of my mother for three years with a lot of help from my wife but with little or no help -- financial or physical -- from my two sibs or her husband of 50 years. She had Alzheimer's and passed way over Thanksgiving. Black Friday will never be the same for me. Talk about stressful. And it's doubly so because I'm a stress eater.

Anyway, you have my sympathies. I know what you're going through, and it is difficult. Just keep in mind that, if you don't take care of yourself, you won't be able to take care of Mom.

B: Hard-boiled egg and salad
S: skipped
L: Ceasar salad with some steak
S: 3 oz. Cashews (Ouch!)
D: Green beans and a Pork Chop
S: an Apple
Deer Park
You my have my deepest condolencesIts hard giving them up and even worse watching them every day get worse and being able to do nothing for them to really help.

No one has ever told me what to expect and at first I use to get so upset with her. Then my DD told me a bit about Dementia and now it is a wee bit easier to take when she does really silly things.

I only have one sister but she lives in Tennessee and can't be here to help she is 65 and still working full time. I am 62 and retired. My husband helps me as much as he can. He is very good to help me like with the house work and stuff. He does my grocery shopping in between pay checks and does my running for me etc.
Thank God mom has her own money and enough of it(not rich by any means) that we don't have to put out a lot.She doesnt pay anything to live here but she does help out with groceries from time to time.I am her power of attorney and she told me anytime we needed money to write a check.But I don't do it unless absolutely neccessary.

Today was my 1st day back on PH1 and I am really going to give it my best shot.Seems three or four months on any plan and I quit.But maybe this time I will make it:up
Thanks for your post.

Last edited by Berta48; 01-03-2011 at 08:37 PM..
Old 01-04-2011, 02:54 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
So glad its a new year! Time to undo all the damage that has been done. I think I have successfully eaten everything I shouldnt have and am ready to focus on eating healthy for life. I miss how I felt at my goal weight, and I miss fitting into my jeans.

Welcome Deer Park! And Happy New Year to all the familar faces!

Today:
B 2 slices crustless quiche with salsa and V8

S nuts

L 4 cups salad with rf cheese, egg, avocado

S yogurt

Supper...no clue yet..desperately need to go shopping but got called into work so making due with what is left in the house here (not much! lol)
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:09 AM   #15
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Good morning!

Well, I started off the year the same way I want to end it. 5-mile run on the beach (our boardwalk is still snow covered!) is done.

Planned menu for today:

B: egg beaters, RF cheddar jack, cilantro omelet with salsa and 1 chicken sausage
S: yogurt
L: Field greens with leftover chicken, red peppers, sundried tomatoes and EVOO/vinegar, NSA fudgsicle
S: RF cheese and celery
D: Stuffed red peppers (chicken, spinach, onion, fresh basil, etc.)

I am doing a Phase 1 bootcamp for 2 weeks. I need to completely detox from the holidays. And I'm making my husband join me

Buckhuntress, I am right with you. My jeans feel like sausage casings. Ugh.

Lanie, You are a braver woman than me...I'm not getting on the scale until Friday. I do not even want to know. :blush:

Deer Park, Welcome!! And I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.

Berta, you CAN do this!!

Hope everyone has a good week....

2014 Running Miles: 249
2014 Walking Miles: 273
2014 Biking Miles: 412
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sanaylz
just started

I just started SBD yesterday. Some things are a little confusing. Does anyone know if you can eat more than the alloted snacks per day? sometimes I am finding myself hungry between meals and snacks, am I allowed to have an additional snack?
sanaylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #17
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaylz View Post
I just started SBD yesterday. Some things are a little confusing. Does anyone know if you can eat more than the alloted snacks per day? sometimes I am finding myself hungry between meals and snacks, am I allowed to have an additional snack?
Hi! My guess is you are not eating enough (or the right things! ) at your meals and snacks. To be honest, some days I need to force myself to have a snack because I am full from my previous meal.

Can you please post your menu from yesterday and today? We'll take a look at it and let you know if there are any issues with it.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Hi! My guess is you are not eating enough (or the right things! ) at your meals and snacks. To be honest, some days I need to force myself to have a snack because I am full from my previous meal.

Can you please post your menu from yesterday and today? We'll take a look at it and let you know if there are any issues with it.
Wiz, you took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Laniemargaret
Stats: 181/154/135
WOE: SB, Sugarbusters
Start Date: May 2010
GOOD DAY ALL!!
Welcome DEER PARK!!

WELL--- after another day I weighed AGAIN... hehehe-- it BUGS until the lbs are GONE...

THREE DOWN! So that means "MAYBE" I only put on THREE!!???

I'm sticking to ONE menu ALL WEEK for BF and LUNCH---

B: plain greek yogurt/ peaches (frozen)- 1/3 c oatmeal/ coffee

L: BIG SALAD-- turkey /all kinds of veggies- topped with GREEK yogurt spinich dip for 'dressing'

D: turkey meat loaf- delish!! topped w/ grilled onions/ gr peppers/ black pepper-- SPINICH with laughing cow melted-- YUM... few bites of zuch and squash--
Laniemargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lynnejava
Can I join?

Hi! I started SBD yesterday and would love to join your group. I have lost weight before with LCing, but got frustrated when I was stalled for a year and gained some weight back. I'm going to give South Beach a try. Wish me luck!

lynnejava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnejava View Post
Hi! I started SBD yesterday and would love to join your group. I have lost weight before with LCing, but got frustrated when I was stalled for a year and gained some weight back. I'm going to give South Beach a try. Wish me luck!

Nice to have you on board.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Can we cook with beer on phase 1? I wanted to throw a roast in the crock pot when I go to work Thursday and I usually cook it in beer.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
Can we cook with beer on phase 1? I wanted to throw a roast in the crock pot when I go to work Thursday and I usually cook it in beer.
Nope. Although I probably would.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vfCookie
Stats: kilo 109/83.9/70
Start Date: 24 August 2007
Happy New Year, Beach Babes!

I'm starting out strong so far. I had the first Monday of the year off work and took full advantage of it. Cooked a ginormous pot of vegetarian veggie soup with every non starchy veg I could think of... even collard greens. Did you know that those things are amazingly delicious? Seriously, who knew? I also managed to wash the car, do laundry, get in a one hour workout, have coffee with mom and grandma, have lunch with a friend, and still ended out at the office for an hour and a half because I had nothing to do while waiting for my son to finish up soccer practice! I can be shockingly productive when I set my mind to it. I even did a half hour workout tonight! Yay me. Today was granddaughter's 2nd birthday party and so I had stuff to do after work and didn't get around to working out until 9. I've never done a workout so late in the evening before and I'm not sure if it will have me too wired to sleep or not. But I feel great!

Menu:
B - cottage cheese, 3 oz. lean ham, coffee, 1 slice whole wheat bread
L - 1 slice whole wheat bread, 3 oz. lean ham, bowl of veggie soup, ff sf yogurt
s - apple
D - grilled lean center cut pork chop, sauteed spinach, collard greens, onions, & mushrooms, ff sf yoplait black forest cake yogurt. (Oh my... don't know if it's SB friendly but it is yummy...so is the red velvet cake)

For those of you who may be trying to convert from WW, I added up the points today using the new PointsPlus system. Everything listed above totaled up to 21 points...leaving me with 10 unused points for the day. Now, to be honest, I needed a lot more veggies today, but veggies are unlimited no matter what eating plan you choose. SB is THE WAY my friends. Not hungry, no cravings. And a pretty solid phase 2 meal. I'll eat more veggie soup tomorrow Rose, I promise.

Hugs and love to all!!!

Cookie

If stress burned calories, I'd be a size 5!

proud member of the 60 lb club!

Cookie Crumbs (journal)
vfCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfCookie View Post
Happy New Year, Beach Babes!

I'm starting out strong so far. I had the first Monday of the year off work and took full advantage of it. Cooked a ginormous pot of vegetarian veggie soup with every non starchy veg I could think of... even collard greens. Did you know that those things are amazingly delicious? Seriously, who knew? I also managed to wash the car, do laundry, get in a one hour workout, have coffee with mom and grandma, have lunch with a friend, and still ended out at the office for an hour and a half because I had nothing to do while waiting for my son to finish up soccer practice! I can be shockingly productive when I set my mind to it. I even did a half hour workout tonight! Yay me. Today was granddaughter's 2nd birthday party and so I had stuff to do after work and didn't get around to working out until 9. I've never done a workout so late in the evening before and I'm not sure if it will have me too wired to sleep or not. But I feel great!

Menu:
B - cottage cheese, 3 oz. lean ham, coffee, 1 slice whole wheat bread
L - 1 slice whole wheat bread, 3 oz. lean ham, bowl of veggie soup, ff sf yogurt
s - apple
D - grilled lean center cut pork chop, sauteed spinach, collard greens, onions, & mushrooms, ff sf yoplait black forest cake yogurt. (Oh my... don't know if it's SB friendly but it is yummy...so is the red velvet cake)

For those of you who may be trying to convert from WW, I added up the points today using the new PointsPlus system. Everything listed above totaled up to 21 points...leaving me with 10 unused points for the day. Now, to be honest, I needed a lot more veggies today, but veggies are unlimited no matter what eating plan you choose. SB is THE WAY my friends. Not hungry, no cravings. And a pretty solid phase 2 meal. I'll eat more veggie soup tomorrow Rose, I promise.

Hugs and love to all!!!
Giggle!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:45 AM   #26
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!!

Day 2 of my bootcamp is underway. 5-mile run on the beach is done.

Here's my planned menu:

B: omelet with RF cheese, salsa, 1 chicken breakfast sausage
S: yogurt
L: Baby romaine with leftover chicken, red peppers, tomato with EVOO and vinegar, NSA fudgsicle
S: hummus and celery
D: Boneless pork chop sauteed with mushrooms, shallots, and rosemary topped with RF swiss, probably a salad too.

Buckhuntress, I wouldn't stress over beer in a crockpot - just use lite beer

Cookie, LOL, I got tired just reading about what you did!

Welcome Lynne!!!

Gotta get working...BBL
Old 01-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

I was thinking the bad stuff cooks out of the beer....it tenderizes and flavors the roast so nice!

Second day on phase 1: (again)

B eggs, cheese and salsa

S nuts

L large grilled chicken salad with blue cheese dressing

S yogurt

S salad with chick peas, avocado, roast beef and RF dressing
Old 01-05-2011, 09:18 AM   #28