Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 08:31 PM   #121
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Would a SB VET tell me which one of these are not SB friendly please.
The pictures didn't copy.

Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
Milled to the same strict specifications since 1896, this flour is our best seller. Milled solely from hard red winter wheat grown in Kansas, it has the strength to make high-rising bread dough, yet is mellow enough for tender, flaky piecrusts, moist brownies, and perfect scones. Users everywhere praise its consistent protein level, which guarantees you baking success every time you light the oven.

Unbleached Bread Flour
If the bread machine or heavy-duty mixer is a heavily used tool in your kitchen, then you'll love King Arthur's Unbleached Bread Flour. Our bread flour thrives under the rigors of mechanical kneading. Milled from hard red spring wheat grown in the northern Great Plains, its 12.7% protein is higher than ordinary bread flours. This enables a vigorous rise for all yeast breads, and gives breads containing whole grains, seeds, or other low-gluten ingredients a welcome boost.

Traditional Whole Wheat Flour
When the recipe calls for the bold flavor and extra nutrition of whole wheat, you need a hearty, robust flour like King Arthur's unbleached Traditional Whole Wheat Flour, America's top-selling whole wheat flour. Milled from hard red spring wheat from the northern Great Plains, this flour includes 100% of the wheat berry, giving you the full goodness of the bran and germ in everything you bake with it, be it pancakes, breads, pizza, or brownies. Use it in all of your recipes calling for whole wheat; or try substituting Traditional Whole Wheat Flour for 1/4 to 1/3 of the all-purpose flour in any favorite recipe, increasing the amount of whole wheat as you become more familiar with it.

White Whole Wheat Flour
Milled from white whole wheat, rather than red, unbleached King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour has all the fiber and nutrition of traditional whole wheat, with milder flavor and lighter color. Thus, white whole wheat is a great way to add whole grains to your family's diet. Start by replacing 1/3 of the all-purpose flour in your favorite recipe with white whole wheat flour; gradually increase the percentage of whole wheat until your baked good's flavor and texture are just the way you like them. We find that in cookies, muffins, pancakes and quick breads, using white whole wheat flour in place of the entire amount of all-purpose flour yields a baked treat that's just as tasty as the original, with the benefit of increased fiber, vitamins and minerals.

100% Organic All-Purpose Flour
Milled from hard red winter and spring wheats, this unbleached flour is ideal for all of your baking, from cake, pie, and cookies to yeast bread and pizza. It mirrors the slightly lower protein level of European all-purpose flours, and thus is perfect for baguettes, ciabatta, sourdough, and other artisan hearth breads, as well.

100% Organic Whole Wheat Flour
America’s top-selling organic whole wheat flour! This unbleached hard red spring wheat flour includes 100% of the bran and germ of the wheat berry, adding hearty flavor and whole grain nutrition to everything you bake, be it pancakes, yeast breads, muffins, or brownies. Try substituting 100% Organic Whole Wheat Flour for 1/3 to 1/2 of the all-purpose flour in your cookie, muffin, bread, piecrust, or other favorite recipes.

100% Organic White Whole Wheat Flour

This unbleached organic whole grain flour, [B]milled from hard white wheat, [/B]is lighter in color and flavor than traditional red wheat, but still has all the fiber and nutrition. Our test kitchen bakers say this whole grain flour comes closer to looking, acting and tasting like “white” flour than any other they've tested. Use King Arthur 100% Organic White Whole Wheat Flour in place of traditional whole wheat flour, or substitute it for the all-purpose flour in many of your favorite recipes. Start by replacing 1/3 of the all-purpose flour with organic white whole wheat flour; gradually increase the percentage until your baked good's flavor and texture are just the way you like them.

Last edited by Berta48; 01-15-2011 at 08:33 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2011, 03:24 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
Off to work, todays menu:

spinach crustless quiche

nuts

salad with scoop of tuna, rf ranch dressing

yogurt

chicken parm (its phase 1 crusted in egg and parmesean ch, and baked in Low sugar tomato sauce with rf mozarella), some more salad with rf dressing

Have a good day everyone!
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jlieb62
Roberta hopefully someone will come along and help you out with the flour sitch. I don't consider myself a SB veteran... I've just been here a really long time. I'm down another two pounds today. For some reason I just don't have much of an appetite lately. Look forward to getting back into the 50-pound club and moving past it. Hope everyone is well!
jlieb62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #124
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlieb62 View Post
Roberta hopefully someone will come along and help you out with the flour sitch. I don't consider myself a SB veteran... I've just been here a really long time. I'm down another two pounds today. For some reason I just don't have much of an appetite lately. Look forward to getting back into the 50-pound club and moving past it. Hope everyone is well!
Hi Jim
Yes someone will let me know. I really think all the whole wheat is ok. But not so sure about the others.

Hows is everything going for you? It won't be long now and you will have your schooling behind you.Then you have to WORK

I am glad I am old and retired cause I am tired

I had a great 1st week of PH1 lost 5lbs now this 2nd week have been really bad. Guess I should go on for another PH1 for a week. But am thinkng just to go on with PH2. Don't know what I should do.Guess my weigh in tomorrow will tell me

Stick with plan for one thing would be good!!!

Last edited by Berta48; 01-16-2011 at 01:42 PM..
Old 01-16-2011, 05:50 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mlmagic
Stats: Over 60 lbs gone on SB...The journey continues!
WOE: SBD/Organic/Whole Food
Start Date: SB in 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmagic View Post
Awwwww....HERE I am Berta!!!
What a sweet thing to say.
Cindy went all the way over to FB land to find me... Seems I just end up there these days and talk there! Great to see you too and I will try and remember to pop in more often. Since you all "saw" me last, I have lost another 14 lbs and am working very hard on my final goal. I will do it in 2011!
I had just kind of been staying steady, not gaining, losing a tad here and there and then 12/1 came, the holidays scared the HE## outta me and I just thought I better start now! I LOVE the holidays, but I tend to struggle and then gain a few and I did NOT want that to happen, so I stayed very tight on my WOE with a few holiday bites here and there, but no major damage!!

Looks like you all are well...Rose, love your looking out to the water from the deck! Is that you with those beautiful legs?
Berta, you keep going, looks like you are well into PH 2 now and doing great! Cindy, I will pop over to the vet's too...Thanks for thinking of me and hi to everyone else!
Let's make 2011 SB's be THE year!
Bump...Think Berta missed me!
mlmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #126
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Would a SB VET tell me which one of these are not SB friendly please.
The pictures didn't copy.

Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
Milled to the same strict specifications since 1896, this flour is our best seller. Milled solely from hard red winter wheat grown in Kansas, it has the strength to make high-rising bread dough, yet is mellow enough for tender, flaky piecrusts, moist brownies, and perfect scones. Users everywhere praise its consistent protein level, which guarantees you baking success every time you light the oven.
NO
Unbleached Bread Flour
If the bread machine or heavy-duty mixer is a heavily used tool in your kitchen, then you'll love King Arthur's Unbleached Bread Flour. Our bread flour thrives under the rigors of mechanical kneading. Milled from hard red spring wheat grown in the northern Great Plains, its 12.7% protein is higher than ordinary bread flours. This enables a vigorous rise for all yeast breads, and gives breads containing whole grains, seeds, or other low-gluten ingredients a welcome boost.
NO
Traditional Whole Wheat Flour
When the recipe calls for the bold flavor and extra nutrition of whole wheat, you need a hearty, robust flour like King Arthur's unbleached Traditional Whole Wheat Flour, America's top-selling whole wheat flour. Milled from hard red spring wheat from the northern Great Plains, this flour includes 100% of the wheat berry, giving you the full goodness of the bran and germ in everything you bake with it, be it pancakes, breads, pizza, or brownies. Use it in all of your recipes calling for whole wheat; or try substituting Traditional Whole Wheat Flour for 1/4 to 1/3 of the all-purpose flour in any favorite recipe, increasing the amount of whole wheat as you become more familiar with it.
YES
White Whole Wheat Flour
Milled from white whole wheat, rather than red, unbleached King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour has all the fiber and nutrition of traditional whole wheat, with milder flavor and lighter color. Thus, white whole wheat is a great way to add whole grains to your family's diet. Start by replacing 1/3 of the all-purpose flour in your favorite recipe with white whole wheat flour; gradually increase the percentage of whole wheat until your baked good's flavor and texture are just the way you like them. We find that in cookies, muffins, pancakes and quick breads, using white whole wheat flour in place of the entire amount of all-purpose flour yields a baked treat that's just as tasty as the original, with the benefit of increased fiber, vitamins and minerals.
YES
100% Organic All-Purpose Flour
Milled from hard red winter and spring wheats, this unbleached flour is ideal for all of your baking, from cake, pie, and cookies to yeast bread and pizza. It mirrors the slightly lower protein level of European all-purpose flours, and thus is perfect for baguettes, ciabatta, sourdough, and other artisan hearth breads, as well.
NO
100% Organic Whole Wheat Flour
America’s top-selling organic whole wheat flour! This unbleached hard red spring wheat flour includes 100% of the bran and germ of the wheat berry, adding hearty flavor and whole grain nutrition to everything you bake, be it pancakes, yeast breads, muffins, or brownies. Try substituting 100% Organic Whole Wheat Flour for 1/3 to 1/2 of the all-purpose flour in your cookie, muffin, bread, piecrust, or other favorite recipes.
YES
100% Organic White Whole Wheat Flour

This unbleached organic whole grain flour, [B]milled from hard white wheat, [/B]is lighter in color and flavor than traditional red wheat, but still has all the fiber and nutrition. Our test kitchen bakers say this whole grain flour comes closer to looking, acting and tasting like “white” flour than any other they've tested. Use King Arthur 100% Organic White Whole Wheat Flour in place of traditional whole wheat flour, or substitute it for the all-purpose flour in many of your favorite recipes. Start by replacing 1/3 of the all-purpose flour with organic white whole wheat flour; gradually increase the percentage until your baked good's flavor and texture are just the way you like them.
YES
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #127
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
THANKS ROSE I was right in what I thought just checkin
Old 01-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #128
Berta48

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmagic View Post
Bump...Think Berta missed me!
YES I MISSED YOU Little LYSA!!!

I am struggling AGAIN.Tommorrow is my last day on PH1 but I have been so bad this week I think I will go another week on PH1.I will decide when I weigh in the a.m.

Check in more often sounds as if you are doing GRRRReat!!!

I tried finding you on FB but didn't know your last name.
Take care
Old 01-17-2011, 05:34 AM   #129
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Good morning!

Hmmmm...I got a bit off track yesterday at a football party. There was really nothing that was OP for me except a veggie platter and the shrimp I brought. I didn't eat the chips, white bread, crackers, etc. but all the proteins were high in fat and/or had sugary sauces on them. And sadly, the scale immediately went up this morning.

So, back to the drawing board today. Phase 1, lots of water, and exercise. We'll see what tomorrow brings!

FYI. I will be gone all week in Atlanta for work and I'm not sure when I will check in again. Have a good SB week everyone!!

2014 Running Miles: 249
2014 Walking Miles: 273
2014 Biking Miles: 412
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #130
Berta48

Today is my first day of PH2.

I didn't loose like I should have, but I didn't eat like I should have. Soooo...
I am going to be really strict this week with PH2 and not eat any starches unless they are veggies and maybe a slice of WW toast once or twice this week and a fruit for snack once or twice.
I am going to continue on.This startring over all the time is for the birds

So whisper a little prayer for my self control

Last edited by Berta48; 01-17-2011 at 10:51 AM..
Old 01-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Whispering a little prayer for Berta....
And I think your approach sounds like a good plan. I think the big thing is phase 1 is to lose cravings, so if yours are gone, I dont see the problem with phase 1.5 or 2. Starting over is for the birds...I hear ya!

this is my LAST day on phase 1..havent cheated a bit! although I did sneak on the scale this morning and it hasnt moved from last week...will have to see what tomorrow brings.

menu:

spinach crustless quiche, V8

yogurt with nuts

tuna with reduced fat mayo, dill pickles, celery
2 rf cheese sticks

no snack, no time and not really hungry

leftover chicken parm
Old 01-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
And I think your approach sounds like a good plan. I think the big thing is phase 1 is to lose cravings, so if yours are gone, I dont see the problem with phase 1.5 or 2. Starting over is for the birds...I hear ya!

this is my LAST day on phase 1..havent cheated a bit! although I did sneak on the scale this morning and it hasnt moved from last week...will have to see what tomorrow brings.

menu:

yogurt with nuts

2 rf cheese sticks

leftover chicken parm
It doesn't matter what the scale shows! It doesn't matter what the scale shows!! It doesn't matter what the scale shows!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #133
Berta48

Quote:

menu:

yogurt with nuts

2 rf cheese sticks

leftover chicken parm
You hang in there too if you haven't cheated one bit it has to come off!!!!

And remember IT DOESN'T MATTER THE SCALES SHOW

Thanks for the encouraging words
Old 01-18-2011, 02:48 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

You are right Rose...and thanks for the reminder....the scale doesnt matter. But it sure does help the mind for motivation to see the numbers work in your favor!

So, down about a pound this morning. 3 1/2 pound total weight loss for phase 2. Its ok. Coming off slow and steady is what keeps it off...right? And us women are funny, could be holding on to some water for some reason and it will correct itself down the road. I DO feel much better, and have lost the cravings, and am motivated and organized to plan meals now, so just gonna carry on.

Just got called into work unexpected, so need to throw something together quick for lunch.

Menu

crustless spinach quiche (last piece..sorry, but thank God! lol, am so sick of it) V8

snack yogurt and nuts

lunch gonna whip up some tuna with celery, pickles, rf mayo. cheese sticks (that filled me up yesterday)

not sure of a snack when I get home wound up having celery and OP PB last night

baking chicken breasts tonight and will have a tossed salad

and....enjoying a glass of white wine tonight!!! woo hoo!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Laniemargaret
Stats: 181/154/135
WOE: SB, Sugarbusters
Start Date: May 2010
Every day I seem to say-- It's a NEW DAY... sigh......... and it IS... TODAY! The longer time goes... seems HARDER to stay on plan rather than get EASIER... tough to figure out.

hmmm.

B: yogurt/ 1/2 c cooked oats/ mixed fruit

L: chicken salad/ TABOULI-- (LOVE IT!!)

shared bites of a dessert... w/ friends... sigh....

D: few nuts/ triscuit lc cheese-- not much BIG LUNCH!
Laniemargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mlmagic
Stats: Over 60 lbs gone on SB...The journey continues!
WOE: SBD/Organic/Whole Food
Start Date: SB in 2004
Quote:
YES I MISSED YOU Little LYSA!!!

I am struggling AGAIN.Tommorrow is my last day on PH1 but I have been so bad this week I think I will go another week on PH1.I will decide when I weigh in the a.m.

Check in more often sounds as if you are doing GRRRReat!!!

I tried finding you on FB but didn't know your last name.
Take care
Look for me under Lysa Johnson on FB, I am there! Keep going...just keep going, that's the secret
Phase 1 is always my safety zone to stay, or get in control! Hugs Berta!
mlmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laniemargaret View Post
Every day I seem to say-- It's a NEW DAY... sigh......... and it IS... TODAY! The longer time goes... seems HARDER to stay on plan rather than get EASIER... tough to figure out.

hmmm.

B: yogurt/ 1/2 c cooked oats/ mixed fruit

L: chicken salad/ TABOULI-- (LOVE IT!!)

shared bites of a dessert... w/ friends... sigh....

D: few nuts/ triscuit lc cheese-- not much BIG LUNCH!
What you have to do is focus. At this point, people get lax and things start to go off track. Your menu doesn't look bad, but where are your snacks? A few bites of dessert isn't the end of the world, but was it really necessary? Was it that good? A few bites now and it doesn't do any damage, then a few bites here and there and you are right back where you started, KWIM? Get your focus back!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Hi Lanie,
Maybe go on Phase 1 for a few days or a week? I know for me, bites and tastes of this and that here and there made the cravings sneak back. I lost my motivation, and found myself indulging and craving things I didnt need and used to not miss.
That was my experience atleast. I learned the hard way how fast the cravings come back, and how hard it is to get back on track. When the cravings are gone, the motivation and discipline fall back into place.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:53 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrielyn
Stats: 186/177/140
WOE: SBD
Start Date: restarting 1/18/11
Rose, I looked and saw the answer to my question. lol

My menu for today is:

B- lf cottage cheeese with four grape tomatoes
S- HB egg
L- Turkey sandwich made with Joseph's pita, mustard and veggies
S- chocolate protein macaroon (I will need to learn how to make these to fit SBD)
D- It's a mystery. We are trying to clear out the freezer and I, foolishly , put something in without writing what it is on the outside.

Please let me know if this type of menu will work. Thank you very much.

Have a terrific Wednesday.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:37 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrielyn View Post
Rose, I looked and saw the answer to my question. lol

My menu for today is:

B- lf cottage cheeese with four grape tomatoes
S- HB egg
L- Turkey sandwich made with Joseph's pita, mustard and veggies
S- chocolate protein macaroon (I will need to learn how to make these to fit SBD)
D- It's a mystery. We are trying to clear out the freezer and I, foolishly , put something in without writing what it is on the outside.

Please let me know if this type of menu will work. Thank you very much.

Have a terrific Wednesday.
It's a good start. You can safely add in more veggies at beakfast. Think of snacks as mini-meals, protein and some veggies at every meal. What is in those macaroons?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrielyn
Stats: 186/177/140
WOE: SBD
Start Date: restarting 1/18/11
Quote:
It's a good start. You can safely add in more veggies at beakfast. Think of snacks as mini-meals, protein and some veggies at every meal. What is in those macaroons?
Thanks, I will stop on the way home this afternoon and pick up a couple of items.

This particular batch of macaroons consists of protein powder, unsweetened coconut, coconut flour, eggs, erythritol, butter and sf dark chocolate chips. It usually depends upon what I have on hand. Sure hope I can tweak them to be SBD friendly.
carrielyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

I feel like Im just snacking all day today...going to work soon and cant really eat there, so filling up I guess so I last til a late supper. So far today:

cottage cheese with strawberries (I missed fruit!)

2 RF cheese sticks, V8

yogurt, spoonful of peanut buter

salad with RF dressing

reheated a single portion of chicken parm from the freezer

packing nuts and seltzer for work

reheating turkey vegetable soup from the freezer when I get home

hmmm...looks like maybe Im eating too much today...it has been a very snacky day for some reason
Old 01-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #143

Quote:
I feel like Im just snacking all day today...going to work soon and cant really eat there, so filling up I guess so I last til a late supper. So far today:

cottage cheese with strawberries (I missed fruit!)

2 RF cheese sticks, V8

yogurt, spoonful of peanut buter

salad with RF dressing

reheated a single portion of chicken parm from the freezer

packing nuts and seltzer for work

reheating turkey vegetable soup from the freezer when I get home

hmmm...looks like maybe Im eating too much today...it has been a very snacky day for some reason
Put that all together and you have barely two meals. Some days I eat all day long, but at the end of the day it isn't too much. What was in the salad?
Old 01-19-2011, 12:00 PM   #144
Berta48

Another question

Beets are to avoid or eat rarely on SB but we can have V8 juice.There are beets in V8 so why not eat beets?
Any answers appreciated

Was 264.4 this a.m..
Old 01-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #145

Quote:
Another question

Beets are to avoid or eat rarely on SB but we can have V8 juice.There are beets in V8 so why not eat beets?
Any answers appreciated

Was 264.4 this a.m..
There is just a teeny, weeny bit of beet juice in a serving of V-8. It's mostly tomato juice. If you ate a whole serving of beets, it would be too much at this point. Later on you can have beets now and then.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #146
Berta48

Quote:
There is just a teeny, weeny bit of beet juice in a serving of V-8. It's mostly tomato juice. If you ate a whole serving of beets, it would be too much at this point. Later on you can have beets now and then.
Thanks Rose
I like beets but nothing I can't live without. It's that baked potatoe even more than bread that gets to me
Old 01-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #147
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: healthybelle
Stats: 300/250/150
WOE: Primal/LCHF
Start Date: April 30 2012
After a full week on Phase 1 I have lost 12 pounds!

I wonder though what made this time different from other times that I've wanted to start a diet? Is this the chest pain? or maybe it was the leg pain? I'm seeing a pattern here PAIN and being unhappy about myself and actually fearing I might die... I'm an alcoholic with over 11 years sobriety and a few years back I decided to replace alcohol with sugar and gained over 100 pounds (that's how much I drank lol)...

Hope I'm on the right thread...

Thanks for listening!

Belle!
healthybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:53 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Hi Rose,

The salad was a few cups of iceberg lettuce, cucumber and cherry tomato with rf parmesean peppercorn dressing.

Just had my soup, and Im not feeling hungry. But all morning through lunch time feels like I did nothing but eat.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #149
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthybelle View Post
After a full week on Phase 1 I have lost 12 pounds!

I wonder though what made this time different from other times that I've wanted to start a diet? Is this the chest pain? or maybe it was the leg pain? I'm seeing a pattern here PAIN and being unhappy about myself and actually fearing I might die... I'm an alcoholic with over 11 years sobriety and a few years back I decided to replace alcohol with sugar and gained over 100 pounds (that's how much I drank lol)...

Hope I'm on the right thread...

Thanks for listening!

Belle!
Belle

Congratulations on your sobriety. You hang in there the cravings for sweets will disspitate and you will be on your way to a great heealty life!!

And congratulations on the great weigth loss!

I'm proud of you!
Old 01-20-2011, 03:20 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

B fried egg on HF english muffin with cheese, V8

yogurt with nuts

tuna with lettuce, celery, pickle, rf mayo. 2 cheese sticks

Probably gonna have a large salad with chick peas, cheese, and hard boiled egg

I need to go food shopping again...lol