Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 04:12 AM   #91
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Same here on the grains; I have to wait till later in the day!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 06:21 AM   #92
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hey Beachers!

Quick check-in from Miami. It's really hot and humid here, I was melting during my 5-mile run. As always, when on the road for business, I don't have a lot of control over where (and even when) I will be eating. So, I just do the best I can.

No time for individual call-outs, but I'm very happy to see so many of you back here posting!! Cookie, Tex, Buckhuntress, Twinmom, etc.

Have a great BEACH day folks.

I'm off for my customer meetings now....
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Laniemargaret
Stats: 181/154/135
WOE: SB, Sugarbusters
Start Date: May 2010
HELLO!!!! Good morning!

JENN--- THAT muffin does sound YUMMY!!! I 'll have to give it a try...

Serena--- YES-- just adding in a couple of things I have STALLED. Not sure what to do next. I've only had 1/2 slice WW bread- 1/2 c WW pasta-- 1/2 c berries-- 1/2 banana-- 1 WW waffle TOTAL! on different days-- today for BK I will have 1/3 c oatmeal... That' not adding much at all!!!
I feel a little depressed-- but I could FEEL a slump coming - after losing 20 lbs-- I figured it would happen sooner or later... BUT if I don't see RESULTS I QUIT! That's the DANGER with me-- it's like WHAT's the POINT??? I do this for NOTHING! PLUS- I think my weekend out of town pushed me back a little too--- I didn't behave too well...

I'm thinking fruit and sweet potato will be a safer choice than any of the grains for me... ??? However- in the past, I have tolerated oatmeal pretty well.. we'll see...

Yesterday menu

B: LAST of the spinich quiche/ V8

S: 9 nuts

L: deli turkey3 oz./ lett wedge/ whole tom/pickle spear/ brown mustard mayo/ few limas thrown on top.

S: cheese stick

D: left over beef and marinara 1/2 c / 1 c cauliflower/ 1/2 c limas
Laniemargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
Start Date: 1/2005
B 2 egg omelette with RF cheese,zucchini and onion

S HF english muffin with peanut butter, coffe with skim milk and equal

L stuffed zucchini (Rf cottage cheese, lean burger, tomato, rf mozarella

packing a grilled chicken salad with RF dressing for work

Im starving for some reason today...and I feel like Im eating alot

Hello to everyone!
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ctmomm
Stats: 140/128/120 5.2
Start Date: June 1, 2010
staying on plan and lost a pound this week! I can't run today so I did Jillian Michael's 30 day shred instead. Yesterday's menu was:
coffee
b: ricotta pie, v8
l: burger with avocado, tomato, lettuce (no bun) a couple of sweet potato fries
d: 1 scrambled egg, turkey bacon, grilled tomato and asparagus

today:
coffee
b: ricotta pie(new one today! veggies were: asparagus, onions, peppers, broccoli, mushrooms; cheese was: rf sharp cheddar)
l: chicken salad over salad greens
s: small apple
d: crustless chicken pot pie

Have a great evening everybody!
Mary
ctmomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:02 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Serena11
Stats: 166.5/163.5/125
WOE: lowcarb
Congrats Mary for staying OP and getting the lb. loss!

Lanie, I understand the frustration with stalling while staying on plan, it is something I and everyone who is dieting has to deal with sooner or later. That is when I have to remind myself that I am also eating to be healthier even if the weight is not coming off quickly. Dr. A says weight loss will slow down in P2. But most people are experiencing more delays and problems with the grains. So maybe the fruit and sweet potato would be better to start and see how that goes. Hang in here!

Luisa--your dog eats tomatoes?! That is one I have never heard before! Those must be some pretty special tomatoes. And, yeah, I do think that having the bread in the morning is a big problem. Interesting that you and Cindy have also experienced a problem with that. I think I will just stick with the Uncle Sam's in the a.m. and try the bread or other grain later.

*Serena*
Serena11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:51 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Serena, yes, I had to take 3 or 4 tomatoes away from Gin yesterday. She also eats almonds; she's learned how to crack them open to get to the good part. Of course, we have 3 almond trees, and it's impossible to keep all the almonds picked up once they get ripe and start dropping. No wonder she's overweight, even though we've cut down on her food!
luisafernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:08 AM   #98
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Hi Beachers!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:16 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Texoma
Stats: 173/155/145
Start Date: 1/3/11
I'm sitting here eating a partially nuked lean turkey burger patty. I'm really not in the mood to cook. DH is getting Chinese. My salad phase is over. I bought another kind of lettuce that is soooo bitter. It's like eating weed from the yard. Blech!

I'm glad to see everyone's delicious menus. I need the inspiration to cook cause I know it can be yummy when you plan for it.
Texoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Texoma...I think you and I are on the same page
So tired and bored of eating the same thing...need to be motivated to plan and create...a little impossible when children and jobs consume so much of your time
But you feel so better in control charged to stay on plan
Can someone just kick me? lol
Old 09-16-2010, 08:41 PM   #101
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
Texoma...I think you and I are on the same page
So tired and bored of eating the same thing...need to be motivated to plan and create...a little impossible when children and jobs consume so much of your time
But you feel so better in control charged to stay on plan
Can someone just kick me? lol

Take a couple of hours on the weekend or whenever and pre cut, chop, cook. Make use of your crockpot, oven, freezer. Portion things out in single servings for lunches and breakfasts. Freeze soups, etc in meal size containers, pull one out and let it thaw while you are at work. Once you get a routine going, it becomes easier.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Good idea, Rose--I need to do some of that too. Dh is getting tired of cooking and I don't like to cook either, so we end up getting too much take out.

I did much better today just having the Uncle Sam's instead of toast for breakfast. It's filling and doesn't send me on a carb binge. I wasn't even that hungry for lunch or dinner.

Luisa, your dog must be a Lab, we used to have one (loved her) and she ate absolutely everything. Now we have the poodle, who is finicky about anything that is not protein. She does like cashews though and will occasionally eat an almond.

B - Uncle Sam's cereal w/blackberries, egg
L - chili, salad
D - seabass, tomato, okra
S - sf fudgcicle
Old 09-16-2010, 11:58 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Serena, Gin is a greyhound mix. She's very smart, but still a real handful since she's only 16 mos. old.

I am so tired of eating the same things that I tried something new yesterday. I sauteed some chopped green onions, garlic and Canadian bacon in a tiny bit of EVOO, mixed this with RF cottage cheese, diced sun-dried tomatoes (soaked them first), a little Grana Padano cheese, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste, and used this concoction to stuff zucchini. (The ones I used were about the size of large cucumbers; I cut them in half lengthwise, then scooped out the seeds.) I put them in the oven (I think around 375║) for about 20 minutes, then sprinkled some RF cheddar on top and baked for another 20-25 minutes, until the zucchini were softened but not mushy. They turned out great!

Hope you all have a nice Friday and a great weekend!
luisafernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:50 AM   #104
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

So nice to wake up in my own bed this morning, I got home late last night from Miami. It was pouring rain in NJ, so of course, our flight was delayed and then I had to drive the 1 hr+ home in it.

I did not get on the scale this morning, I think I'll wait until Monday (although I am traveling again next week...sigh) It seems like I don't get enough time at home to really settle into a routine before I am off again. October is looking particularly rough for business travel!

Luisa, the stuffed zucchini sound great! I stuff peppers and tomatoes, but haven't tried zucchini. I may add that to my repertoire.

For those of you getting into ruts with your food choices, I agree with Rose. Doing some stuff over the weekend really helps. At the very least, I always make something on Sunday that I can use for leftovers on Monday.

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend!!

2014 Running Miles: 125
2014 Walking Miles: 100
2014 Biking Miles: 286
Old 09-17-2010, 06:07 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

I'm back-- bummed out a day...

HOWEVER-- I LOST ANOTHER POUND-- THANK GOODNESS!!!

here's what I had;

yogurt/ 1/2 c mixed berries/ 1/3 c oatmeal

S: few nuts

L: 2 ff hot dogs (HebrewNational) no BUN! cheese stick melted over the top, Limas

D: Chicken fajita/ bell peppers/ onions

D: HOMEMADE sf ICE CREAM!!! vanilla DH made it in the vitamix- YUMMY!

THURS
B: 6 oz. yogurt/ 1/2 c celery/ 1T crushed walnuts

L: 2 T natural PB on WW flat bread-- so tired of MEAT!!! / celery

S: cheese stick - V8

D: quiche- with mushrooms/ onion/ bell pepper/ celery/ ricotta / cheddar YUMMY!

D: HOMEMADE - BANANA ice cream!!! AWESOME!!!!!!
I used 2 small bananas/ 1c skim milk (from powdered form) - 3 pkts sweetener
3 c ice........ so easy and sooooooooo GOOD! SHOULD have added some vanilla or something-- almond? the banana made it creamy. DH ate the whole thing almost!!! Had to fight for my share!! lol! Needless to say- this was the highlight of the DAY!

everyone have a great day!!!!!!!!!
IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

I made a double batch of chili for dinner tonight and there is a lot to freeze. It's going to take a couple days before I can even smell turkey or chicken. I needed some lean ground beef baby!!!

Menu planning, routine, trying new things. I'm getting there slowly. Thanks everyone!
Old 09-17-2010, 11:00 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Texoma, the chili I had yesterday tasted so good. I think it's the cooler weather. Sometimes you just have to have some beef!

Lanie, congratulations, you lost another lb.! And after eating ice cream? It sounds like a low cal recipe. Are you exercising at all? I don't think I'm losing right now since adding in the wheat, but I am kind of happy to be staying stable while I'm adjusting to the extra carbs. I may need to adjust my portion sizes.

Luisa, Gin is sooo cute! With her legs crossed and the adorable look! The zucchini dish sounds really good.

Wiz, traveling is such a pain--hope you have a nice relaxing weekend.

Had lunch and dinner out today, but I think I did OK. I am trying to keep from ordering too much food in restaurants.

B - Uncle Sam's cereal w/blueberries, almonds, egg
L - 1/2 chicken salad sandwich, mixed green salad
D - salad, shrimp, tofu, avocado
S - lc choc
Old 09-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Today was my first time eating out on P1. I had chicken beef and shrimp fajitas with onions, tomatoes, green bell pepper, squash and zucchini. No margarita or chips.

Question
I feel like I eat well at meals and snacks when I'm hungry but I swear I have a tapeworm because I always feel empty. Even if I eat a giant bowl of chili or a whole plate of fajitas there is still an empty feeling like I need to eat more. I choose not too but it is weird to feel empty and almost hungry just after eating my food. Usually I have water or V8 and hope it goes away. Most of the times it does not. Do I just need to eat more? Or perhaps snack before I'm hungry? This is a new one for me.
9/7 160 at least I caught myself!
9/21 153
October November December WTH!!!
New Years Resolution 2011
1/24/2011 163
Old 09-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
Today was my first time eating out on P1. I had chicken beef and shrimp fajitas with onions, tomatoes, green bell pepper, squash and zucchini. No margarita or chips.

Question
I feel like I eat well at meals and snacks when I'm hungry but I swear I have a tapeworm because I always feel empty. Even if I eat a giant bowl of chili or a whole plate of fajitas there is still an empty feeling like I need to eat more. I choose not too but it is weird to feel empty and almost hungry just after eating my food. Usually I have water or V8 and hope it goes away. Most of the times it does not. Do I just need to eat more? Or perhaps snack before I'm hungry? This is a new one for me.
Can you post your menus for a few days? Be specific. Not "this is a typical day" but exactly what you ate each day and how much.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:02 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Can you post your menus for a few days? Be specific. Not "this is a typical day" but exactly what you ate each day and how much.
You caught me Rose. Most days I couldn't even tell you what I ate because it is always so rushed. My kids come first and I eat when I can. That is why I can't post yesterdays menu. Here is today.

Breakfast 2 eggs and a cup of milk followed by lots of coffee
Lunch: a bowl of chili till I was full
Snack: handful of almonds
Dinner: I'm about to dive the rest of that bowl of chili
S: probably yogurt when I get hungry

Since the chili has a ton of tomatoes and green chili I have skipped my usual V8 as a hunger buster and just had some crystal light fruit punch.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:22 AM   #111
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aaaarrrrgh. I really went off plan this weekend. Just a combination of things, but mostly just because I found myself not sucking it up and doing the right thing. :blush: I didn't get on the scale, I really don't want to know....

So back on the wagon I go! I ran 5 miles this morning, I had eggs with leftover zucchini and RF cheese in a yummy omelet. And I've got an OP game plan for the rest of the day. Of course, the problem is that once again I am on the road for business. I leave really early (ugh) tomorrow, and get back on Thursday afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great week, heaven knows I need one.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:36 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Rose, here is yesterdays full menu.

Breakfast 2 eggs and a cup of milk followed by lots of coffee
Lunch: a bowl of chili till I was full
Snack: handful of almonds
Dinner: the other 1/2 bowl of chili from lunch
S: 2 pickles and a mouthful of lf cottage cheese
Old 09-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone!!!

Happy Monday....

Well-- something surprising!!! I weighed SAT am--- and....(drum roll PLEASE) I went from 162 to 159!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!! I haven't seen the 150's in AGES! Can't even remember for sure how long ago!!!

I managed to stay 'pretty' good on plan for weekend-- weekends are the HARDEST! for me anyways....

I'm focusing on 155 now....
Old 09-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Great advice rose...I have some frozen chili and soups now....will admit I was off plan all weekend...but thoroughly disgusted with myself and more motivated now (why it takes this, I wish I knew)

I have the jeans I USED to fit into as my motivation...time will tell

Any good breakfast ideas that are phase 1? Im SoOOO tired of eggs

Also...I dont have the supercharged book but was reading some posts about it...what am I missing and what is different about it?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Tomorrow I start p2 and will weight myself. I think I'm going to add wild blueberries to my yogurt. Good p2 starter item?
Old 09-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Berries are usually a good thing to add first when transitioning to P2. They have a lot of fiber and are low sugar, but make you feel like you're really having a treat!

Wow, Lanie--congratulations on breaking into the 150's!! See, you can lose on P2! I'm just 2 or 3 lbs. away--hope I can join you there soon!

Weekends are so hard, Wiz. Especially with all the entertaining and traveling you do.

Buckhuntress--you could have cottage cheese, yogurt, tofu, or low fat breakfast meats like Canadian bacon, turkey bacon or sausage, and scramble them with veggies.

I went off plan with company on the weekend, but did better today. Took a nice walk in the park this evening. Monday is housecleaning day, at least it burns calories.

B - Turkey sausage, w/ spinach & mushrooms
L - chili, rf cheese
D - Roast chicken, little sweet potato, okra
S - few mixed nuts
Old 09-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Breakfast is still hard for me too... not used to eating EGGS so much.. even though I'm on PH2- I don't want to eat carbs so much in the AM- we'll see...

I do like to make the ricotta pie though- we'll have it for dinner- then I use the rest for breakfasts. V8 was REALLY hard to drink-- but it has those veggies for the AM!
Lately- I've been having the greek yogurt! FULL OF PROTEIN! used to have fruit with it every morning- but nowI have celery... with a sprinkle of nuts n it and some SF syrup like hazelnut.

Serena!!--- you'll get there SOON!!!! I can't believe I made it! Hope I stay on the downward direction! It's really kinda funny-- nobody notices that I've lost any weight-- bummer--not that ir's IMPORTANT- but it would be NICE.... maybe after 30 or 40lbs.??? It would BOOST my motivation I think.

Well--
here's for yesterday...

B: Quiche - V8
L: chicken salad/ celery/ cheese stick/ 8 triscuit thins
S: celery/ cheese stick
D: turkey with seasoning/ butter beans 1/2 c/ gr beans 1 c
D: ricotta creme
Old 09-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

B 2 egs, avocado, rf cheese

S nuts

L left over steak tips

D large salad with chicken and rf dressing

kinda a hectic day...I bought some cans of v8 juice...never tried it before. I love veggies but drinking them doesnt seem so appealing. Maybe I will break down and try one for a snack later
Old 09-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ctmomm
Stats: 140/128/120 5.2
Start Date: June 1, 2010
Texoma, congrats on the loss!

For those of you who don't really like v8, try it over lots of ice with some lemon. I love it that way...

Staying on plan and have a question about this recipe. My friend served it to me for lunch yesterday, she said the recipe makes a ton, not the four servings it states. She usually make it on the weekend and has it all week for lunch...

Curried Cauliflower and Chickpea Stew: Fast Easy Fresh Recipe : bonappetit.com

what do you think?

yesterday's menu was:
coffee
b: ricotta pie, v8
l: cauliflower and chickpea stew
d: made the family chicken taco's, so I had all the makings over salad greens

today:
coffee
b: 2 hardboiled eggs, v8
s: small handful of mixed nuts
l: tuna salad over mixed greens
d: pesto chicken over salad
I might have a half of an everything bagel for snack because we are eating dinner a little late tonight

btw, I went out for dinner over the weekend and their vegetable special was mashed cauliflower! Had that as my side instead of a starch. It was delish...

Have a good day everybody,
Mary
ctmomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #120

Mary, that recipe is fine and I agree, it would be considerably more that 4 SB servings.