Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
I'm eating OP....but feel like Im getting cravings out of boredom. Feel like Im eating the same things all the time. I know this is my poor planning and lack of motivation and imagination

Just venting...:blush:
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AvnArmyWife
I'd like to jump, but I'm not sure where to start again. It'll be aleast a few more days before I can get to the grocery store. Any suggestions?
AvnArmyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvnArmyWife View Post
I'd like to jump, but I'm not sure where to start again. It'll be aleast a few more days before I can get to the grocery store. Any suggestions?
Do you want to start right now or wait until you get to the store? What do you have available right now to put into your menus? We'll brainstorm.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:44 PM   #64
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Just stopping by to post today's menu...

B: 2-egg omelet filled with leftover sauteed zucchini, tomato, onion and some RF cheese
S: FF yogurt
L: leftover sliced pork chop over field greens with fresh mozz, sliced tomato and NSA fudgsicle
S: 2 slices RF swiss
D: stuffed red pepper (lean turkey sausage, spinach, onion, sun dried tomato, garlic, RF mozz, parm cheese) and a NSA fudgsicle

Lots of veggies today! Feeling good.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Serena11
Stats: 172.8/164.4/128
WOE: Weight Watchers lower carb
Oh my gosh, Wiz, the stuffed red pepper sounds like a winner! Your menus always sound so delicious! Glad you have nice weather for running--are you home for awhile now?

Rose, thanks for the suggestions on the wheat, bread really does instigate cravings. I never thought of tabbouleh--that would be a much better choice. I like it and it has some veggies in it! Plus, I can just go pick it up at the deli.

Lanie--you and I are going into P2 about the same time. I've been there before and had some problems adding too many carby foods at the same time. I think Wiz has a great idea to add one thing at a time and see how it affects you. I have also discovered that a small yam is a good thing and does not cause gain. Berries are great, carrots, peas and beets are OK too. Keep up the exercise--we will get to our goals!

Buckhuntress--do you like to cook? I think there are some recipes on the stickies. Sounds like you need to change things up a bit. What are you doing for exercise? Maybe change your focus to that. I got a little bored, too, so I started going for a little walk after dinner just before sunset. It's been revitalizing for me. Hang in here!

Avn...jump right in! Have you looked at the lists of P1 foods? You probably have some canned tuna on your shelves, eggs, and vegetables. Stuff for salads?

It was beautiful here today so I went for a walk in the arboretum. I love autumn--it's coming early here, some trees have yellow leaves already. I wasn't happy about summer being so cool, but now I am looking forward to Fall decorations and foods--bring on the pumpkins!

B - egg, turkey sausage, spinach, mushrooms
L - calamari salad
D - 1 pc. bread, shrimp sauteed in olive oil w/mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes, onions, and zucchini

No dessert is a good dessert!

*Serena*
Serena11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:33 AM   #66
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Just back from a great 5-mile run. It's a beautiful morning here, sunny and 53 degrees.

I don't know about you all, but I'm getting geared up for football season. I have tickets to the Philadelphia Eagles, and we've got our home opener on Sunday. I'm bringing some marinated shrimp on skewers to grill. Very OP!!

And speaking of football, Rose, did I tell you one of our neighborhoods kids is a Freshman at 'Bama? I bet you are SO geared up for this season, it's great starting out as #1. And actually, we're going out to dinner tonight with good friends whose daughter is a Freshman down your way - Tennessee. We live in such a small town, I always like to see the kids go off and experience new places.

Serena
, a lot of my potted summer flowers are really starting to droop, I was just thinking it may be time to switch over to some pumpkins and mums!! Maybe another week or so on the official first day of Fall...

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!! Go Eagles (Although I am still quite worried about my Phillies hanging onto 1st place over those pesky Braves!!!)

2014 Running Miles: 249
2014 Walking Miles: 273
2014 Biking Miles: 412
Old 09-10-2010, 06:16 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Laniemargaret
Stats: 181/154/135
WOE: SB, Sugarbusters
Start Date: May 2010
Yes, you really do lose weight in phase 2. If I may make a suggestion your menus are really lacking in vegetables. Get more veggies in there; you'll be surprised at the difference they make.

THANK YOU for this suggestion TOO--I've been thinking I was dropping the ball in that area--- will try to do better...
Laniemargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:57 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Serena---
We will be together on PH 2!! YEA!!! You know-- you ladies HAVE BEEN THERE-- and you know what WORKS and what DOES NOT! And I'm grateful to have such 'buddies', support--- I have some friends that seem to think I'm ridiculous about my eating... at one point over the weekend-- I actually STRESSED OUT over a menu!!

Well--
This is what happened yesterday;
B 2 spinich quiche cups, V8, celery
L: turkey/ lettuce/ tomato/pickle/deli mustard/ mayo made it like a BIG salad
cheese stick
S: sf pudding
D: Taco salad/ side salad too.. ricotta cheese treat.

Have a GREAT WEEKEND beachers!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
And speaking of football, Rose, did I tell you one of our neighborhoods kids is a Freshman at 'Bama? I bet you are SO geared up for this season, it's great starting out as #1. And actually, we're going out to dinner tonight with good friends whose daughter is a Freshman down your way - Tennessee. We live in such a small town, I always like to see the kids go off and experience new places.

Serena
, a lot of my potted summer flowers are really starting to droop, I was just thinking it may be time to switch over to some pumpkins and mums!! Maybe another week or so on the official first day of Fall...

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!! Go Eagles (Although I am still quite worried about my Phillies hanging onto 1st place over those pesky Braves!!!)

No, you didn't! How on earth did NJ kids end up way down here?

I'll do the Eagles if you'll do the Bears!

Something about this time of year brings out the pumpkin eater in me. (Even if it is still hot as blazes!) I make pumpkin squares yesterday.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

What are pumpkin squares, Rose? I love the sound of them!

I am really struggling now with this gluten challenge. I haven't been to the store to get something other than bread, and now I have consumed bread and a flour tortilla. And my weight has gone up from eating bread and just a little pasta the last couple of days. It has already gotten out of control! I have got to get to the health food store tomorrow for the Uncle Sam's and the taboulleh.

Wiz, I do love all the Fall colors mums come in. They look so great with pumpkins. Can't wait to get them into my barrels. Haven't seen any in the stores yet though.

Lanie, what are you going to add for P2? I am not doing well with the bread, etc., but I promise I will get it back under control!
Old 09-11-2010, 04:05 AM   #71
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Rose; I am with you on the pumpkin!!!

We have mums all over here Serena; should I send some?

On plan this weekend!!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Texoma
Stats: 173/155/145
Start Date: 1/3/11
Cindy, Rose and Wiz I'm so glad to see you guys!

This is my fifth day of P1. With all my traveling this summer the food was not good. Apparently my food effects my mood and my mood effects my food. Now that I'm back on P1 the mood is lifting and the food is great. I did a start weight but haven't even stepped back on that scale. I feel good. Pants feel better.

Ohh I also found out how to salad. I make my own dressing! Now I'm eating giant bowls full and it's like a sacred moment for me. So weird.

The beach is good.
9/7 160 at least I caught myself!
9/21 153
October November December WTH!!!
New Years Resolution 2011
1/24/2011 163
Texoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:00 AM   #73
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hi Tex!!! Good to see you back!!!

I'm doing well and in my groove again!
Like I mentioned fall is my favorite time of year with soups, stews, chili's and pumpkin!!!
I am making soup today and a pumpkin bake.

Also Happy Anniversary to DH and I today! We will be grilling steaks since he is out of town and won't be back until later today - in time for the Packer game I hope.

Happy Sunday!
Old 09-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Cindy, it's great to hear you've got your groove back! We are both looking forward to Fall weather, decorations, and food! Yeah, send me some mums when you get some--I like the reddish brown ones....And, Happy Anniversary!!

Texoma, You are so right about mood and food! Hope we can keep it all good. And when it comes to salad, I agree with you--it's all about the dressing. How do you make yours?

Rose, thanks for the suggestion about the Uncle Sam's cereal. It's surprisingly tasty for being so low in sugar! I also got some taboulleh, which dh loves. I found a type of gluten that is called seitan, which is high protein and low in fat and carbs. This may solve my problem for my gluten challenge. I feel like I have a plan to incorporate it now and stay in control.

B - egg, spinach, small serving Uncle Sam's ww cereal
L - Greek salad, eggplant, tomatoes, lean ground beef
S - lc choc
D - salmon, crookneck squash, green beans, tomato, l pc. ww bread
Old 09-13-2010, 04:17 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ctmomm
Stats: 140/128/120 5.2
Start Date: June 1, 2010
It has been a while since I've posted, but I'm still on plan! Now that my girls are back in school I'm going to find the time to start running again. I'm hoping the weather cooperates and I can run after work today! I figured if I can't run, I will do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I need to start exercising!!!!!!! On a regular day, I'm home by 1:30 so that gives me a couple of hours for "me time"...
Cindy, Happy Anniversary!
today's menu:
coffee with skim milk and cinnamon
b: ricotta pie and v8 (pie today is filled with peppers, onions, tomatoes and broccoli)
l: salad greens topped with leftover grilled chicken
s: toasted pita with salsa or hummus
d: family wants pasta with meatballs, so I will have two meatballs on my salad

Excited about the Jet game tonight!!! Let's go Jet's!!!

Have a good day everyone...
Mary
ctmomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:24 AM   #76
Queen Bargain Shopper

Mary - take advantage of that time you are home alone.....it will pay off both physically and mentally!

Wiz....sorry for your loss yesterday!

But seriously; Vick should be the starting QB from now on.....

Not a great day for me yesterday, but a small bump in the road. Full speed ahead today!
Old 09-13-2010, 04:36 AM   #77
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Busy week ahead for me...I'm off to Miami on business for the week (and Westford, MA next week.)

Tex and Mary, glad to see you both back posting! I think it's easier to stay on track when you are "talking" about your plan with others.

Cindy, oh yeah, last night's game has definitely created a QB controversy in Philly. But I'm more concerned about all the injuries! What a terrible game in so many ways. sigh. Congrats to your Packers, they were much the best.

I hope everyone has a great week, I'm not sure when I can check in again.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:05 AM   #78

Gallery: Jenn
Start Date: Everyday!
I'm back...........

Hello my Beach Friends...........

Looks like there are a whole bunch of newbies so let me start off with a great BIG

Also looks like there's a whole lotte 'groove on'.........your ladies are the best. I seeing the menues, the suggestions, & the support that goes on here.........so glad I headed to the beach.

Was away for over a week on a bittersweet trip. My partner is away (for the past 2 months) taking care of an elderly aunt who is 'failing' at this point (84 years old & diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer). It was great to go visit with them, even if it was just for a week, but sad to see auntie not doing so well and of course to have to say so long to my partner & head back home. I will probably go down again (they are in FL) in about 4 weeks if not sooner.

And with all the emotional stress I was able to stay predominently true to the beach. I cam home 2 pounds heavier than when I left but attributed it to flying, and just out of my norm. I am already down 1 pound since returning home and feel really good about my eating plan.

I have to agree with all of you about the season and its bounty of yummy veggies and beautiful mums. I actually cooked in the crock pot the other evening and seriously contemplated lighing a fire in the fireplace this morning. I will start cleaning out some of my summer flower pots transplanting into the ground what will hopefully return next year and slowly start filling those empty pots with mums, pumpkins & gourds. Just love the crispness in the air and the mountains are starting to tease us with color.

Not sure of the whole menu today but breakfast was:

sauteed onions, red peppers & baby spinach cooked in to 1/2 cup eggbeaters sprinkled with 1 tbl grated cheese, 2 cups coffee (usually just one but as I said, its a little nippy this morning) lightened with 2 tabl FF calorie countdown milk.

Hoping everyone has a Marvelous Monday. Got to run and do some catch up.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:36 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ALL!!!!!!

Wish fall was in the air here in TX--- still in the 90's-- mid to high... GEEZ! we get about 2 wks of fall weather it seems to jump from SUMMER to WINTER..

Did 'ok' this weekend-- compared to LAST weekend! I HATE to admit it- but when that 'special monthly visitor' comes... I STARVE!!!!!! It HAS to be mental!! I'll be so GLAD when that part of my life is OVER & DONE!
SO--- I'm 'holding my own' on the scale hard to know so- I'll wait until this next weekend to determine my 'true' weight.

SERENA- I added some frozen mixed berries no sugar added, just a few-- I added a Whole grain waffle.... I DID eat 1/2 a banana-- OH MY! I could've been in HEAVEN!!!
DH was going to make a PB banana sand and I said- oh! Let me have 1/2!! SO-- I used ricotta - 1T natural PB, and 1 pkt of truvia- and that 1/2 BANANA-- I haven't had a bite of banana in 3 full months! That was the 'biggy' for me!! I know it was a higher GI-- but couldn't resist!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:37 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

CINDY!!!!-- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (belated)
Old 09-13-2010, 07:09 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vfCookie
Stats: kilo 109/83.9/70
Start Date: 24 August 2007
Morning Beachy Babes.

Marking my spot. I’ve been doing kinda eh lately. Not good, but not bad either. I’ve missed checking in but got out of the habit and am struggling to get back into the habit. Weight has been pretty stable. Am up a bit from siggy weight but still fit in my clothes. Some are more snug than others but I want to start feeling better emotionally and the only place to start is with me. So…

Menu today:
B – Ham & cheese omelet, coffee, sf creamer
L – tomato stuffed with tuna, mozzarella, black olives & light Italian dressing
S – Luna bar (not SB friendly, but only have 1 left and need to get some SB friendly snacks tonight)
D – ww pasta with extra lean ground beef & marinara, salad
Dsrt – no sugar added fudgesicle

Luisa – was thinking about you last night and how much I wish I’d have gone to Madrid to see you when I had the chance. I hope you’re doing well. I miss you.

Waves to Cindy, Wiz, Serena, Rose and everyone else.

Lots of love to all.

Cookie

If stress burned calories, I'd be a size 5!

proud member of the 60 lb club!

Cookie Crumbs (journal)
vfCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ctmomm
Stats: 140/128/120 5.2
Start Date: June 1, 2010
I did it! I ran 10 minutes straight today!!! I know it isn't a lot, but I haven't run, or really exercised at all, since I ran a 5k last labor day. I have set a goal for myself to run a 5k turkey trot on Thanksgiving Day. I figured I could run 10 minutes a day for the next week or so, and slowly increase my time...

Happy Monday evening!
Mary
ctmomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #83
Queen Bargain Shopper

Jenn! to you and D......thoughts and prayers for her Aunt!

Mary - WTG!!!!

Cookie; so good to see you checking in!

Lanie - sometimes those things that were regular before all of a sudden become a treat!!!

Hi's and hugs to all the rest!

Good eating day for me!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Cindy, you rock!

Cookie, so good to see you again! It feels good emotionally to me to get my eating under control, even when everything else is out of my control! So, yeah, we have to do this for us.

Mary, congratulations on getting back into the running! I imagine it must feel really good to get out even for 10 minutes. I've been trying to get out and walk a little each day. It helps shake off the stress.

Lanie, I can see how a PB and banana sandwich could taste like heaven after 2 weeks of P1. It will be interesting to see how adding some carbs will affect us. I think I have been adding a little too much....

Jenn, I think you've done great to only be up 1 lb. after traveling, plus the additional stress. Congrats for staying true to the Beach!

Wiz, hope your travels are pleasant!

I had a really busy day, ate well, and got a beautiful walk in at the arboretum as well. Sunshine and blue skies, white wispy clouds, red tinges in the leaves, birds twittering--what a gorgeous day!

B - Can. bacon, egg, spinach, sm. bowl of Uncle Sam's ww cereal
L - chicken sauteed w/tomatoes, onions, green peppers, little cheese
D - roast chicken, small sweet potato, brussels sprouts
S - taboulleh

Last edited by Serena11; 09-13-2010 at 10:41 PM..
Old 09-14-2010, 07:18 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!! I'm so ENVIOUS of all the folks who run!! I've NEVER liked running - EVER.. so I don't do it-- but I think it's good...

I've been REALLY lazy on exercise for a long time now- I LOVED ZUMBA-- but DH got laid off job had to quit. AND I had injuries from it also.

SO------ NOW I go to a Sr. citizen center on lunch break 2X a week for LINE DANCING! HEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!!! Those ladies crack me UP! The little lady leading class has to be in 70's... she is soooooooooo CUTE!!! I just love them! SO much fun! I can actually work up a sweat! GO FIGURE!! It brightens my day!

Here's from yesterday;

B; spinich quiche,1/2 c yogurt, celery, (V8 a little later in the AM)

L: turkey/ celery/ pickle spear/ 1c gr beans/ cheese stick/ 1/2 slice WW bread, 1 c almond milk

D: 1/2 c beef/marinara - 1/2 c WW pasta - 1/2 c cauliflower- 1/2 c lima beans
Old 09-14-2010, 07:53 AM   #86

Gallery: Jenn
Start Date: Everyday!
Good morning sweet beachers..........

A belated HaPpY AnnIvErSaRy to Cindy & Mr. Cindy

Mary 10 minute run sounds like an eternity to me

So glad Cindy you have your 'groove on'

LM --- it looks like you <ahem, pardon the pun> beefed up your menu. I have a feeling you will find it makes a good difference in your weight loss. I have found in my experience that when I eat more often and not skip my mid-meal snacks I lose better

Thanks for the kudos Serena. I was surprised to see such a small gain. The good news is that as of this morning I took off all that was gained plus one! And thanks for the idea of visiting my local Arboretum....think I may go this week for a stroll in the beginning of Autumn gardens

Made myself some "Egg Muffins" yesterday for breakfast convenience:

Sauteed okra, yellow squash, onions & tomatoes. Cooled & mixed in 7.5 oz Skim Ricotta. Divided that in 6 jumbo muffin tins. Sprinkled with FF grated parmagiana. Poured in Eggbeaters so tins were 3/4 full. Sprinkled with a little more of the Parm. Baked in oven for 35 minutes at 350. OMG.....YUMMY! Took one out of the fridge this morning & warmed it in the microwave for 45 seconds. protein & veggies in a flash.

Tonight I am going to try to make an "ALL PHASES FRIENDLY" chicken parmagiana. Easy breezy. I'll let you know how that turns out.

Got to run & do some work & then venture oute to find a bday gift for a good friend of mine that lost a bunch of weight since last fall/winter. I think I'll look for something 'fleece' in her new size.

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!

Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:33 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Cookie - I'm still around and (mostly) on the beach, although with a lot of ups and downs lately. You'll just have to come back and visit us in Madrid another time!

Serena - Hang in there; seems like you've always got a new obstacle to overcome!

Rose - How goes it? It's still hotter than blazes here, too (92º F as of 5 p.m.). I honestly think I'd welcome some snow right now!

to all the new people, and to everyone I already know!
luisafernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
Start Date: 1/2005
Hi everyone,

Well the scale seems kinda stuck...plateau I guess. Tough for the motivation though

Hi Serena...yes I LOVE to cook! I'm always looking for new recipes and playing around with ingredients to stay OP. Zucchini is in abundance right now...so I've been stuffing, slicing, dicing, shredding and baking that! lol. Made a chili tonite. And as far as exercise. Ive been struggling a bit to fit that in adjusting back to the school and activity schedule for my DD's. Usually walking, swimming, callenetics is what I do. Hunting season is soon...so it will be hiking.

today I had:

fried egg with rf cheese on HF english muffin

salad with grilled chicken and avocado

chili with onion, fresh jalepeno and sour cream

thinking of a glass of white wine to end the day, although I think for me this slows my weight loss
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Well, all the medical literature says a glass of wine a day is good for your health, Hooray! So maybe we have to cut back on something else...

Hi, Luisa--nice to see you! Hope it cools off over there soon, but hot weather is good for the tomatoes, yes?

Jenn, your vegetable muffin recipe sounds delicious! I like okra. How did the chicken parm turn out?

Lanie, line dancing sounds like a blast! I would love to do that, but my feet can't handle it, darn it. I see you've been adding back some carbs--are you experiencing any weight stalls or cravings?

Every time I eat bread, even if it is whole wheat, I am getting cravings for more carbs. This morning I had toast, and it threw me into a carb spiral for the whole day. I know I am supposed to eat some wheat, but today was ridiculous, I am not going to embarrass myself by posting my menu (head hanging down here). :blush: Tomorrow will be a better day!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:13 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Serena - The dog is getting through the tomatoes faster than we are! Every time I turn around she's filched another one right off the vines. Also: I have learned that I cannot eat grains in the morning, as it sets off a day-long carb-fest. I save them for evening. Maybe you're the same?
luisafernanda is offline   Reply With Quote