Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 12:17 AM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: danceswithpugs
Stats: 186/181/135
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 9/1/10
Hi, I'm new here. Just started South Beach on the 1st Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself a bit. I'm trying to lose quite a bit of weight, but taking it in baby-steps, and hoping that this time I can keep it off. I think at this point I've gained and lost weight more times than Oprah... and I'm only 30. I actually had lost quite a bit and kept it off for awhile, and went to school to work in the fitness industry... then right after I graduated I started going through a divorce and was extremely stressed out and gained a bunch of weight. Now that I've gotten rid of 150 pounds (my ex), it's time to lose my own excess 42 pounds, just to get back to a healthy weight, eventually I'd like to lose a bit more, but losing the first 42 is a good first goal. Fortunately I have the support of my boyfriend and I know he won't sabotage me like my ex used to

So far this diet has been relatively easy... except for the dessert options. Ricotta creme is so nasty. Apologies to those who like it! I've been sticking to SF Jello and SF fudgcicles. Those will have to suffice for now, I suppose! Now I just need to make it through the rest of phase 1, and stick to my workouts.
danceswithpugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2010, 04:49 AM   #32
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Me too!

Off on a mini vaca with DH for a few days....leaving today, back Wednesday.
Will do the best I can with food choices......definitely on the beach, but more P3 these next few days. For me I am better at an early P2!!!

Also; for those of you who enjoy a good vegetable soup (that can be made vegetarian as well), remind me to post my recipe......so simple and SO good! It's that time of year again for yummy soups, stews and chili's! I made my first pot of chili yesterday and it definitely was treat!

Be safe everyone and see you when I return!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Serena11
Stats: 172.8/164.4/128
WOE: Weight Watchers lower carb
Dances...So, does this mean you are guardian to a pug or two? Cute dogs!

Many of us have lost and regained, especially when going through something so thoroughly stressful as a divorce. How wonderful that you are now in a supportive relationship!

I agree it is hard to find sweets on P1. I like the fudgcicles, too, and I also love the sugar free dark chocolates. They are a lifesaver! After the first 2 weeks on P1 you can add low sugar fruits, like berries, for dessert. I stir sf preserves into yogurt, that is good. You might check the SBD sticky for recipes for desserts.

We had our usual Sunday lunch at the Greek restaurant today. It was mobbed with vacationers. Big families, good vibes. Stayed on plan for the weekend!

B - egg, Can bacon, sauteed mushrooms
L - Greek salad, lean meatballs
S - few nuts
D - ling cod w/green peppers, tomatoes, onions, broccoli
S - sm pc lc choc

No dessert is a good dessert!

*Serena*
Serena11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:01 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
Start Date: 1/2005
Checking in quick. I've had a lot of job stress this week. Mostly a phase 1 week; but did fall off the wagon a few times. Down a pound.

Radmom, cant wait to see your veg soup recipe.

I threw together some stuffed zucchini that would be considered PH 1. Even the kids loved it. I will try to post it later.

Hope everyone is doing well
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:25 AM   #35
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Good morning!

Well, I was MIA this weekend, which usually means I wasn't behaving myself. :blush: However, I did my 5-mile run this morning and hit the grocery store before I started work. (FYI. For those that don't know me, I work out of my house. I'm in Sales and spend about 30% of my time on business travel - so when I'm in town, it's great to actually be at home.) So, I'm back in the SB saddle!

Hope everyone has a great OP week!!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: twinmom
Stats: 190/190/150
WOE: SB
Start Date: 7/31/07; again 9/7/10
I'm back, again. Day 1 of PH 1 today. So far, so good. I know what needs to be done I just need to keep going. I picked restarting today in an effort to lose a few pounds before the end of the month. We have a vacation planned to Destin, FL. But, my long term motivation are my girls. I really, really want to be healthy for them and right now I'm not.

Rose - You're picture is the perfect inspiration for me this month.
twinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:30 AM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sassan68
Stats: 175/169/130
WOE: South beach
Start Date: Sept 2 2010
New to the beach

Hello , I recently on Sept 6 started the S.b.diet , I'm really loving the fact that I'm not hungry , I felt like I was so deprived on weight watchers even with the variety of foods allowed I stayed hungry. Now at my highest weight I have researched and purchased the south beach diet book and five days into I've lost 6 pds. Water weight loss? Maybe but it's now off my scale. I'm so glad I've found this site , we are each others support . I'm so excited I'm going to discover a new and improved me in my 40's. Does anyone know how long I can stay on phase one and if its beneficial to do so for longer than the 2weeks?
Sassan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Serena, I have one pug myself, and in my family, my parents have two and my youngest brother and his fiance have four. We're definitely a pug family In addition to my puggy I also have a chihuahua-basenji mix. He's my "honorary pug"

I'm proud of myself, even with the holiday yesterday, I managed to stay 85% on plan. Food= perfect (I ate before me and BF went to a friend's bbq so I wouldn't be tempted), I exercised in the morning when I got up, but... at the bbq I had a few drinks. Just rum and Diet Coke, BUT it's not exactly on plan. That's better than I usually do though, and surprisingly I'm not beating myself up about it like I normally would. Just back on the wagon today, making sure I drink lots of water to rehydrate myself. Still need to exercise today, but I'm waiting for my daughter to get back from visiting her dad. I hate starting a workout then having to stop to get the door, it always throws me off!

The next weight-loss obstacles coming up is my daughter's birthday next month... then Halloween. This month should be smooth sailing I think.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Laniemargaret
Stats: 181/154/135
WOE: SB, Sugarbusters
Start Date: May 2010
Hi Everyone!!!!!!

Well-- we took the "get a way weekend" to Galveston--- went w/ friends...

AND-- I slipped up some...
so here goes.

I had ONE homemade onion ring... ONE bite of ice cream--- one pc of wheat bread--- few sweet potato fries... THIS is the BIGGIE--- my FAV--- 9 shrimp-- onion strings-- they were FRIED...

everything else was ok---somewhat- I prob ate too many NUTS just to keep from eating something worse... it's HARDER to stay on track when traveling with others to me... when it's just DH and myself- I don't have THAT much trouble.

Oh well-- I'll see the result I bet.

It REALLY sucks to be on a FUN trip- and have to WORRY about what you will or won't eat.
Laniemargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #40
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey gang,

I'm playing a mental game here...I figure if I report in my menu now, I won't snack tonight!

B: spinach, sun-dried tomato, roasted red pepper, RF cheese crustless quiche
S: FF yogurt
L: tuna salad with spring mix, carrots, red pepper, celery
S: 1 slice RF cheese, 2 TB hummus
D: leftover sliced london broil with 1/2 avocado and chunky home-made salsa and NSA fudgsicle

Have a good night everyone! No snacking
Old 09-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Haven't had time to eat until now. I'm having scrambled egg whites with cheese and spinach, and a couple strips of turkey bacon. I'm proud of myself though- I passed up pizza earlier. It was back to school night at my daughters school and a local place donated pizza. My daughter had some, but I didn't. I waited till we got home to eat dinner. I also exercised earlier. I did Turbo Fire's HIIT 15. Tomorrow is a rest day, but I'm going to do yoga in the morning. I'm really liking Turbo Fire so far. I put it off for awhile thinking it would be too difficult for me, I'm really out of shape. I just modify stuff, and it's fine. I'll need to add in weight-training at some point, but I'll start with trying to increase my endurance first.

I'm really excited about how well I'm actually doing, I'm surprising myself!!
Old 09-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #42
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassan68 View Post
Hello , I recently on Sept 6 started the S.b.diet , I'm really loving the fact that I'm not hungry , I felt like I was so deprived on weight watchers even with the variety of foods allowed I stayed hungry. Now at my highest weight I have researched and purchased the south beach diet book and five days into I've lost 6 pds. Water weight loss? Maybe but it's now off my scale. I'm so glad I've found this site , we are each others support . I'm so excited I'm going to discover a new and improved me in my 40's. Does anyone know how long I can stay on phase one and if its beneficial to do so for longer than the 2weeks?
There is really no benefit to staying on phase 1 longer than two weeks. In the long run, after the initial toxic crud is gone, you will settle down to an average 1-2 pound per week loss AND you can't expect to lose that every week, be forewarned. Anything more than that and you will be likely be losing bone and muscle mass, not fat, which is counterproductive. Go ahead and move to phase 2 and take advantage of all the wonderful foods the plan allows. to the Beach!
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
I'm back, again. Day 1 of PH 1 today. So far, so good. I know what needs to be done I just need to keep going. I picked restarting today in an effort to lose a few pounds before the end of the month. We have a vacation planned to Destin, FL. But, my long term motivation are my girls. I really, really want to be healthy for them and right now I'm not.

Rose - You're picture is the perfect inspiration for me this month.
Welcome home.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Hey gang,

I'm playing a mental game here...I figure if I report in my menu now, I won't snack tonight!

B: spinach, sun-dried tomato, roasted red pepper, RF cheese crustless quiche
L: tuna salad with spring mix, carrots, red pepper, celery
S: 1 slice RF cheese, 2 TB hummus
D: leftover sliced london broil with 1/2 avocado and chunky home-made salsa and NSA fudgsicle

Have a good night everyone! No snacking
Whatever it takes.

What's the problem with the snacking, do you think?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:01 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

I guess we all slipped up a little this weekend--dh wanted to get ice cream and I couldn't resist. At home I have yogurt, but when you're right there in the store with it.... But now we're all getting back on track!

Dances, that is a lot of pugs! I love dogs, and have a mini poodle. Congratulations for passing up the pizza and getting with the exercise program!

Wiz, it really helps me to post my menus. I think it helps align my desires with my thinking and helps me stick to the plan.

Went to lunch with a friend today, no cheats, she's eating the same way. Exercise was walking the dog!

B - chicken jalapeno sausage, egg, steamed spinach
L - romaine salad w/prawns
D - 1/2 c. tomato basil soup, pork chop, green beans
S - few SB mix nuts

Go Beachers!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:07 AM   #46
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Hi Gang!

I'm back from my mini vaca with DH and did well with eating and getting activity in!

Welcome to the newbies!

I'm getting into my fall mode where I tend to do the best with all the fresh produce in abundance, being able to bake some OP foods and all the soups, stews, chilis's that are OP that I can make and freeze for my lunches!!!

Let's continue on the road to health and fitness!!!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:27 AM   #47
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Whatever it takes.

What's the problem with the snacking, do you think?
Rose, it's a combination of things.

First, we eat a relatively early dinner because my husband has to get up every day at 3 AM for work. So some nights, I just get hungry later on!

But also, it's boredom too. I sit around by myself every night (He's in bed no later than 7:30 PM and often earlier.) I read, I watch TV, I fool around on the PC...but sometimes I lose willpower out of sheer boredom :blush:

I am trying to do better, we'll see.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:06 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
There is really no benefit to staying on phase 1 longer than two weeks. In the long run, after the initial toxic crud is gone, you will settle down to an average 1-2 pound per week loss AND you can't expect to lose that every week, be forewarned. Anything more than that and you will be likely be losing bone and muscle mass, not fat, which is counterproductive. Go ahead and move to phase 2 and take advantage of all the wonderful foods the plan allows. to the Beach!
Rose--

THANK YOU for posting this INFO!!!!!! I "think" this is what happened to ME! on the 'other' plan I was on for only one month.. it SEEMS as if I have NO tone in my skin any more-- have been wondering about it-- this sounds like a 'logical' answer... it seemd 'balanced' but at the same time VERY restrictive. so I don't think there is any benefit. HOWEVER- I was thinking of staying in PH 1 longer myself-- now I think I'll just move on...
Old 09-08-2010, 06:14 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all!!

I had a better day yesterday-- getting back in the GROOVE.

B: FF yogurt / 1T nuts/celery
S: almonds
L: Turkey/ lettuce / tom/ pickle
S: cheese stick
D: chicken / green beans/ ff milk w flavoring
D: turkey slices

I think I'll stick to the turkey lettuce wrap all week for lunch... it's easy and tasty too... ADD some more veggies though.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone and welcome to the newbies!
Starting my new job today and eating on plan!
I made crustless quiche with jalepenos and tomatoes from the garden and rf cheddar....that will be my breakfast the next few mornings
lunch: had a chefs salad
no time really for snacks today, drinking an ice coffee with skim milk and equal while I type this
supper...going out for Mexican tonite, but will stay OP!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:30 AM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Good morning

Got the kid off to school for her first day of third grade! I haven't eaten anything yet, it's been a busy morning. I still need to exercise, too. I need to do something somewhat light since technically it's a rest day.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #52
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today's menu:

B: spinach, red pepper, sun-dried tomato crustless quiche
L: leftover sliced london broil, fresh mozz, red pepper, tomato over baby romaine, NSA fudgsicle
S: hummus, 2 slices RF swiss
D: Grilled, marinated (EVOO, red wine vinegar, lime juice, fresh cilantro, garlic) boneless pork chop and sauteed zucchini, tomato, and vidalia onion. NSA fudgsicle

And chewing some SF gum now to keep me from snacking

And I did a 10-mile bike ride this morning...hope everyone has a good evening!!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:23 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Busy day today, meetings and a Dr. appt. Dr. wants me to go on a gluten challenge now before I have some tests in 4 weeks. I told him I had been feeling so much better since not eating wheat for a few weeks, so now he wants to test me for celiac. So now that I got over my craving for bread, I have to eat it (or some form of wheat ) again! I don't know what this is going to do to my weight loss! Oh well, I guess I am moving to P2 earlier than I wanted to. I lost 4 lbs. and don't want to gain it back--wish me luck!

B - egg, spinach, Can. bacon
L - salad, lean beef burger, 1/2 bun
D - pork chop, asparagus, crookneck squash
S - few SB mix nuts
Old 09-09-2010, 05:37 AM   #54
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Oh geez, Serena, it's always something, isn't it? I know quite a few people with Celiac, it can really range in severity. Let me know what happens there!

I did a great 5-mile run this morning, it's gorgeous out. Woo Hoo!!

Scale continues to move down...I am really hoping I got my groove back.

Have a good day folks!!
Old 09-09-2010, 05:58 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Serena--

Good luck with your appt........ hope it all goes well.

I've been dragging all week since Monday... it FINALLY rained- but FLOODED! It isn't dry any longer-- several tornadoes actually touched ground yesterday all around--- thanks Hermine...

Well, here it is--

B: FF yogurt/ veggie, 1 T nuts
L: turkey/ lettuce/tom/pickle/ mustard/ mayo 1T
D: turkey sausage/ 1 c mock potatoes with cheese ff yogurt.. wish I had bacon bits on it! Even DH liked it.
Dessert: 1 c ff milk/ sf choc pudding

OH--- I will be starting PH 2 on Saturday I suppose!!! AND-- you TRULY lose weight on it????? I HOPE so!!!!!!

Last edited by Laniemargaret; 09-09-2010 at 06:01 AM..
Old 09-09-2010, 08:08 AM   #56
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laniemargaret View Post
Serena--

OH--- I will be starting PH 2 on Saturday I suppose!!! AND-- you TRULY lose weight on it????? I HOPE so!!!!!!
You will!! I was on Phase 2 for 7 months and lost 35 of my 40 lbs. It does work, just take it very slowly. Add one thing back at a time, and see how it impacts you. I found that adding some berries in was a good starter. I also found that splitting a sweet potato with my husband for dinner was satisfying, without impacting my weight loss. I waited a little while to add in the whole grains. And for a while, I would have a grain one day, a fruit another day, etc. I found that alternating helped me a lot.

Good luck to you!!

2014 Running Miles: 285
2014 Walking Miles: 278
2014 Biking Miles: 441
Old 09-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

THANK YOU Wiz-- for the advice- I will CERTAINLY do it! After all the work- I don't want to undo it all! I saw your pics-- WOW!!! You've come along way!!!!!!!!!! My total wt. loss will be 40 total-- I'm at the 1/2 way mark... I may even want a few more lbs. gone when I get there! Alternating sounds like a really good idea too... I'm SO GLAD I found this SITE!!!!!!! Everyone is soooooo HELPFUL! LOVE IT!
Old 09-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

I'm eating OP....but feel like Im getting cravings out of boredom. Feel like Im eating the same things all the time. I know this is my poor planning and lack of motivation and imagination

Just venting...:blush:
Old 09-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena11 View Post
Busy day today, meetings and a Dr. appt. Dr. wants me to go on a gluten challenge now before I have some tests in 4 weeks. I told him I had been feeling so much better since not eating wheat for a few weeks, so now he wants to test me for celiac. So now that I got over my craving for bread, I have to eat it (or some form of wheat ) again! I don't know what this is going to do to my weight loss! Oh well, I guess I am moving to P2 earlier than I wanted to. I lost 4 lbs. and don't want to gain it back--wish me luck!

B - egg, spinach, Can. bacon
L - salad, lean beef burger, 1/2 bun
D - pork chop, asparagus, crookneck squash
S - few SB mix nuts
Serena, if bread is a challenge for you, how about adding in something other than bread. How about some Uncle Sam's cereal or Shredded Wheat? Or a bulgar pilaf or tabbouleh salad? That will get some wheat in your diet without the mental baggage of bread, which is so often hard for some to resist. Taken in reasonable portions, it shouldn't affect your loss, unless you are really allergic to wheat, in which case the gain will simply be water, not fat. Good luck with your testing.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laniemargaret View Post
Serena--

Good luck with your appt........ hope it all goes well.

I've been dragging all week since Monday... it FINALLY rained- but FLOODED! It isn't dry any longer-- several tornadoes actually touched ground yesterday all around--- thanks Hermine...

Well, here it is--

B: FF yogurt/ veggie, 1 T nuts
L: turkey/ lettuce/tom/pickle/ mustard/ mayo 1T
D: turkey sausage/ 1 c mock potatoes with cheese ff yogurt.. wish I had bacon bits on it! Even DH liked it.
Dessert: 1 c ff milk/ sf choc pudding

Yes, you really do lose weight in phase 2. If I may make a suggestion your menus are really lacking in vegetables. Get more veggies in there; you'll be surprised at the difference they make.