Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
|♣\♣/♣| South Beach Weekly Check-In ~ March 17th - March 23rd |♣\♣/♣|

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*

Welcome to the South Beach Forum and to the Weekly South Beach Check In, where Beachers gather for support, advice, and just to chat about the South Beach diet and life in general.

Come on in and join us - whether you are brand new to the diet, switching from another plan, a long time poster, or a complete newbie, there is a place for you on this thread!

We're very friendly and supportive, and we'll never 'jump' on you about anything, unless you ask our advice or opinion. You can post as little or as often as you like - anything goes!

[/COLOR]

~*~*~Proud Knitter For~*~*~
The Ships Project- Supporting America's Troops
Deployed in the War on Terror-
One stitch at a time!
http://www.theshipsproject.com
]
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: helpingrachel
Stats: 167/ 162.4/140 5ft 8
WOE: NK
Rose: I got in big trouble going into a pub on saturday, practicing phase 100,
I need a picture of a beach not a PUB!!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!
helpingrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:56 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpingrachel View Post
Rose: I got in big trouble going into a pub on saturday, practicing phase 100,
I need a picture of a beach not a PUB!!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:21 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Rose - thanks for answering my cane juice question! It's really ticking me off! I can't find the dehydrated ones w/o sugar, and I can't find fresh ones to make them dehydrated!

I'll bbl with more, gotta get the kids ready for school.
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:17 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummyBee
Stats: 149/143/135 5'2
Start Date: Jan. 2008
Yawnnnnnnn! I am tired today! It is sunny out though and that is good! Not sure what I am doing for meals today which is dangerous. So far breakfast is a NF latte and eggs, lunch will probably be a grilled chicken salad. Picking up take out tonight. Thinking Max and Ermas. Any suggestions for SB friendly items from there?

Tina: Meant to say yesterday I loved the play pics!

Thanks to those that like my new non-stripper hair!
SummyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:12 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Hi all,

I sort of struggled this weekend. I ate on plan, but I think portion control was a problem. I know I didn't drink enough water yesterday, either. Menu for yesterday:

B - fried egg, 2 Canadian bacon, gazpacho, decaf w/splash of milk
S - decaf café con leche (espresso w/quite a bit of milk)
L - grilled chicken, big salad (mixed greens, tomato, cuke) w/Italian dressing, small apple (Pink Lady, my favorite)
S - 7 dried apricots, 5 walnuts
D - cauliflower pizza (ate almost the whole thing), 2 glasses of red wine

The good news is that the bottle of wine is finished and I don't plan to open another one for a while.

I feel like I've been beaten with a stick, after working in the garden for 3 1/2 hours yesterday, pulling weeds. Since last fall, they had practically taken over. I got most of that done but still have more work to do out there. Will try this afternoon if my sore muscles let me.

Tina - loved the photos, thanks for sharing.
Britt - I like your new photo, too. Hope things start getting easier for you.
Summy - your hair looks great. I also got a kick out of your "lucite heels and a pole" comment . Yes, I'm a Tribe fan, have been for many years. I used to have a partial season ticket package so I went to a lot of games, including playoffs and World Series in 1995 and 1997, and the All-Star game in 1997. I've been here since 1998 and don't have any plans to go back to Cleveland, unless it's on vacation. Going to games is what I miss the most, apart from my family.

Good luck to all those who are going from phase 100 (loved that one!) to phase 1 again...I think I'll be doing something like 1.5 today.

Hi to everyone , and have a great day.
luisafernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:19 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning Beachers!

Had a great weekend. Totally OP! Right now I am boiling eggs for the kids to color tonight! I am sooooo excited to be off work this week. DH took Thurs and Fri off also. Kids are off on Fri. They don't get much of a spring break this year because of all of the school they've missed because of the crazy weather. I don't know what DH has planned for us to do on Thurs. I'm thinking he needs to take me out to lunch!

My first project today is gonna be the chair for my DDs room. I'm thinking I'm going to paint it black and it's gonna have a hot pink cloth for the seat. She broke the other chair that was at her desk a few weeks ago, she's been after me to get this one done. She loves to sit and her desk and watch TV, fix her hair, eat , color.

Thanks for the great comments on the pics of DS!

yesterdays eats:
brunch - can't remember, I'll come back and post it if I do, I know it was OP!
s - 1 T npb
s - taco soup
d - wings
s - nsa klondike

Summy - how's the arm? Your hair looked great! I am jelous of the length!

Rachel - back on phase 1! You can do it!

Rose - Would you happen to know of a good place to get cranberries fresh or dehydrated besides online? Do you dehydrate your own?

Luisa - we must have been posting at the same time! I can't wait for it to get warm enough here so that I can "garden". D@mn cold weather!

BBL

Last edited by tinatina; 03-17-2008 at 06:21 AM..
Old 03-17-2008, 07:03 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisafernanda View Post
Hi all,

I sort of struggled this weekend. I ate on plan, but I think portion control was a problem. I know I didn't drink enough water yesterday, either. Menu for yesterday:

B - fried egg, 2 Canadian bacon, gazpacho, decaf w/splash of milk
S - decaf café con leche (espresso w/quite a bit of milk)
L - grilled chicken, big salad (mixed greens, tomato, cuke) w/Italian dressing, small apple (Pink Lady, my favorite)
S - 7 dried apricots, 5 walnuts
D - cauliflower pizza (ate almost the whole thing), 2 glasses of red wine

The good news is that the bottle of wine is finished and I don't plan to open another one for a while.

I feel like I've been beaten with a stick, after working in the garden for 3 1/2 hours yesterday, pulling weeds. Since last fall, they had practically taken over. I got most of that done but still have more work to do out there. Will try this afternoon if my sore muscles let me.

Tina - loved the photos, thanks for sharing.
Britt - I like your new photo, too. Hope things start getting easier for you.
Summy - your hair looks great. I also got a kick out of your "lucite heels and a pole" comment . Yes, I'm a Tribe fan, have been for many years. I used to have a partial season ticket package so I went to a lot of games, including playoffs and World Series in 1995 and 1997, and the All-Star game in 1997. I've been here since 1998 and don't have any plans to go back to Cleveland, unless it's on vacation. Going to games is what I miss the most, apart from my family.

Good luck to all those who are going from phase 100 (loved that one!) to phase 1 again...I think I'll be doing something like 1.5 today.

Hi to everyone , and have a great day.

We use to have season tickets too! Before kids! We were there all the time!!! Third baseline lower level! Thanks for the compliment on my hair. I am actually growing it longer. Look in my profil and see how long it use to be! That is what I want.
Thankfully I retired the lucite heels and pole the other day when I got my lo-lights.

Last edited by SummyBee; 03-17-2008 at 07:05 AM..
Old 03-17-2008, 07:49 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mom2amh
Hi Everyone!

I'm inspired to start this week OP. I hope everybody had a great weekend.

Today is my weigh-in day. I stayed the same. UGH. My first week I lost 5 lbs, 2nd week was +2 (New Orleans), and now the third week is 0. I am a little frustrated. It's my TOM, so that may account for it. I also take a couple of medications which could be causing me to hold onto the weight. I feel like I have done pretty well with my eating. I did measure my waist the other morning and I have lost 1 inch! My clothes are fitting a bit better, too. I think I'll weigh in in a few days and see where I'm at.

It's a beautiful sunny day here. I'm planning on paying some bills and doing some work around my house.

I'll check in tomorrow. Have a fabulous day. We can do this!!!

-Nancy
mom2amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:51 AM   #10
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 178/167.8/135 ~5'10"~
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/18/2014
Good Morning Beachers and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
My usual daily menu:

B - Coffee, 3 eggs (mock french toast w/ flax), low fat chicken or turkey sausage

S - hummus

L - Large Salad (spread over lunch and dinner)

S - string cheese, V-8

D - Ricotta creme

I'm doing well..have been dealing with a lot of back pain and my exercise has been my saving grace. A co-worker of my husband's has raved to him about accupuncture. Has anyone had this done?

Water for today: my usual 160 ounces, psyllium every evening, 30-minute brisk walk on my treadmill and I love my herbal tea in the evenings. I am a tea ho

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Violet_Dream; 03-17-2008 at 07:56 AM..
Violet_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:05 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstruck View Post
Good Morning Beachers and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
My usual daily menu:

B - Coffee, 3 eggs (mock french toast w/ flax), low fat chicken or turkey sausage

S - hummus

L - Large Salad (spread over lunch and dinner)

S - string cheese, V-8

D - Ricotta creme

I'm doing well..have been dealing with a lot of back pain and my exercise has been my saving grace. A co-worker of my husband's has raved to him about accupuncture. Has anyone had this done?

Water for today: my usual 160 ounces, psyllium every evening, 30-minute brisk walk on my treadmill and I love my herbal tea in the evenings. I am a tea ho

Have a great day everyone!

Tea ho! I love it!
Mynew fav is the Zen Green tea from Tazo! It's been around a while and Starbucks serves it, but I just bought my own box last month. The natural food mart has loose leaf tea that you can mix. I think I am going to get some today.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:15 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

that must make me the tea pimp! I've been raving about the flavored teas for weeks to anyone I could get to listen!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:43 AM   #13
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hi Everyone, hope you had a good weekend!

I'm in Rachel's boat, I had too good of a weekend...if you know what I mean :blush:

And sadly, I probably won't get back on track until tomorrow. One of our best friends is in town from Little Rock. We only see him about twice a year, so of course, a gang of us are meeting up for Happy Hour today to visit and have some green beer (okay, I'll probably have Chardonnay, but you know what I mean!!)

In any case, I did gain 1 lb this weekend, but will hopefully get that right off by mid-week. I certainly have been exercising enough.

Tina - loved the show pics. You must be so proud!

Rose - Love this week's photo for the thread, so festive!

Summy - I missed a day or two of posts and the whole forum is talking about your hair It's tough for us short-haired brunnettes to get that kind of reaction!!

Britt - I went through the same thing with my BF my senior year, it is so hard. Hang in there. Things happen for a reason, no matter how challenging they seem at the time. Hey, if I'd gone off to college still dating my HS BF, maybe I wouldn't have met my great husband during our sophomore year at college. We're rooting for you...

Thought you all would enjoy this recipe - I've put in my shortcuts in parentheses. It is good for Phase 2 (has wine in it.)

Baked Shrimp with Feta Cheese

(this is adapted to be SB friendly from an old Bon Appetit recipe)

2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (you can buy them frozen, uncooked but already cleaned - leave tails on. When making for company, I use the 16 to 20 count shrimp, when just for us, I use the 21 to 25 - saves $$)

3 15-oz cans diced tomatoes, lightly drained (or use 45 oz. whole tomatoes and chop into cubes)
3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 teas dried oregano (or 1 TB fresh) (or for shortcut - used diced tomatoes with garlic and oregano already added!)
1/4 teas red pepper flakes
3/4 cup dry vermouth or any dry white wine

4 oz Reduced fat feta cheese

- Saute shrimp using cooking spray in large skillet on med. high heat, until they turn pink and firm. Add garlic, cook until soft. Remove shrimp from pan, put in 9x13 casserole dish (coat with cooking spray.)
- Add vermouth to pan, stirring up any brown bits, etc. Cook until reduced by half. Add tomatoes and herbs to pan, cook for 5 minutes more. Arrange tomato mixture over shrimp, then sprinkle feta cheese on top.
- Can be made 1 day ahead, cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temp before baking.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 miuntes until cheese melts.

Very easy and very OP! I hope you enjoy it.

Happy St Patrick's Day!!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

WHiz:Thanks and believe it or not my husband always says things about brunette celebs etc.! I am like why did you marry a blonde?? LOL. That recipe looks super yum! I will try it!

Ok people I bought Tofu. What can I do with it? I have never had it before! Maybe so,ething phase one friendly???
Old 03-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ACT II
Stats: 258/238/145
Start Date: January 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinatina View Post
that must make me the tea pimp!
Holy Posters Bat Man! I'm away for a week and the boards go nuts... What is happening on these boards? Pimps and retired strippers - oh my!!!! You guys crack me up!
ACT II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
Happy St. Pats Day!

I am up 3 lbs of water weight after my bad weekend. But, I'm back to Phase 1 and drinking lots of water. I hope to be back to siggie soon.

I watched the Paul McKenna show last night...I thought he had some good tips. I wrote down the "4 Golden Rules" in my journal. The eating consciously rule is something I am going to try this week. I usually eat dinner w/either a magazine or the tv and I tend to wolf down my food, so I'm going to work on both of those this week. It was kind of weird eating my salad so slowly at work....the weird thing is that it was more enjoyable though. I'm looking forward to watching next week's episode on emotional eaters.

I've set my Tax Day goal. I really want to make it this time! My last few monthy goals have been a bust.

Have a great week and let's all stay OP!

Have lost 42 pounds since April 2011.
Danipower714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:23 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GSPLover
Stats: 224/208/150
WOE: South Beach of course
Afternoon Beachers:

I did not get a chance to post this weekend. We still have all ten of our puppies, so it was a busy weekend with our buyers over to visit and play with their new babies. I did stay on plan, which was great. I just did not get enough water and with TOM here, I should have made it a priority. So now once I get hydrated, I will probably drop a little more. At weigh in this morning, I was down another half pound. That puts me at exactly 16 lbs . So, that is enough motivation to keep me going this week.

Here is my menu for today:
B: 1 scrambled egg, 2 turkey sausage link, latte
L: left over pot roast, green pepper slices and dip
S: Lf cottage cheese
D: salad with grilled chicken
I big plans for lots of water today.

Happy St. Patty's day!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ACT II
Stats: 258/238/145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danipower714 View Post
Happy St. Pats Day!...

I watched the Paul McKenna show last night...I thought he had some good tips. I wrote down the "4 Golden Rules" in my journal....
I started watching it too, but I had to turn it off. It felt like one giant info-mercial with paid audience members and he gave off "used car salesman" vibes! It's too bad because I am sure he has a good message... I just couldn't stomach the messanger!

Keep us posted on what he says about emotional eaters next week!
ACT II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

keep up the good work Vicki! I bet your puppies are adorable. Did you share already what kind they are??
'
Dani and Wiz: I watch a show on BBC called" You are what you eat..".It shows all the food on one table that these people eat in one week. I am glad to stay that "my night off is just one section of my table.There are about 20 other good meals and drinks that are good and on plan for last week. Every once in a while I think it is ok, to celebrate but back on plan cause I don't what one, to turn into 2,3, 4, and then be back at square one!!!

Went to water aerobics, very grueling today and now I am trying to find a tuna muffin recipe for lunch.
Breakfast was Uncle Sam with low carb milk, It has 10 grams of FIBER

Talk with you all later.

Tina: enjoy your day!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tea ho and tea pimp! that is SO funny

Summy, that's where my seats were, too! I think it was section 164, field boxes. I just turned the game on now and we're losing 5-0 in the 2nd inning - good thing it's still spring training!

Way to go, Vicki! I think I would have a hard time giving the puppies up, LOL--I'm way too soft where animals are concerned.

We've been missing cowboymom for the last few days, and Beth (farmerswife) and Teresa for longer than that. Hope everything is OK...
Old 03-17-2008, 11:11 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Luisa: Do you make your gazpacho yourself? Every time I see it on your menu I drool. I put in a small garden with lots of peppers, tomatoes and onions. Everything to make fresh salsa. I grew up canning vegetables from a 3 acre garden and selling corn & rubarb for summer spending money. I love love love
to garden. We are getting freezing rain today.

My oldest son is in hockey playoffs tonight. He scored the winning goal last
Thursday in the shoot off to take us to the playoffs. I am so excited!

Talk to you ladies later!!
Old 03-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpingrachel View Post
Luisa: Do you make your gazpacho yourself? Every time I see it on your menu I drool. I put in a small garden with lots of peppers, tomatoes and onions. Everything to make fresh salsa. I grew up canning vegetables from a 3 acre garden and selling corn & rubarb for summer spending money. I love love love
to garden. We are getting freezing rain today.
My oldest son is in hockey playoffs tonight. He scored the winning goal last
Thursday in the shoot off to take us to the playoffs. I am so excited!
Talk to you ladies later!!
Good luck to your son tonight!
Old 03-17-2008, 11:19 AM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GSPLover
Stats: 224/208/150
WOE: South Beach of course
Our puppies are German Shorthair Pointers. They are a hunting breed. They are so adorable and a lot of fun with a lot of work thrown in too. Sometimes I think I can't wait to have them all picked up becasue I have not slept in about 6 weeks, but when we play I adore them and I think I will be sad when they go. I keep telling myself they will be a part of my life for such a short amount of time that I need to enjoy them as much as I can while they are here.
GSPLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:29 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: veronicka
Stats: 5'5 213/171/143
WOE: South Beach Diet
Start Date: sbd 10/16/07
Hi ladies!

Slept in till very late today, as it is my last day on Spring Break...waaaah! I've been feeling very weird the past two days and I began spotting and cramping yesterday. I thought this was weird, since I've already had my period this month and I'm on the pill. Well today I woke up and I guess I got my period again! This has never happened to me! Twice in one month, what a curse! I don't see what else it could be, but it sure has me worried . I might go to the docs once it's over to get checked out since my last pap came back abnormal.

[COLOR="Purple"]Summy: Thanks for helping me out I really liked the Jcrew & the Ann Taylors...I think those were the two. I'm liking that light gold color because everyone else is selling shoes in cheesy gold.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]I hope you all enjoy your St. Patty's day. All I'm doing today is preparing for school tomorrow. I have a test in my multicultural class and some lesson plans and essays to start..fun, fun .[/COLOR]

Today it's back to phase 1 and DH & I will be hitting the gym later on.

to all Beachers!

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]199 by 12/01[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]190 by 12/31 ...made goal 1 week later [/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]175-180 by Valentines Day. [/COLOR]
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]175 by 3/2/08 (my bday)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Green"]170 by 3/17/08 (St. Patty's day)[/COLOR]
veronicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:44 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Rachel, hope your son and his team win! I don't make the gazpacho myself--it's sold in every supermarket here in cartons, like orange juice or milk. There are lots of brands and it's really pretty good. I love gazpacho!

I love gardening, too!! Apart from a ton of flowers, I plant tomatoes, and I put in a herb garden last year. And I also sold veggies at a roadside stand (in front of the house) when I was a teenager!

Vero, that's awful--once is bad enough. I think I'd get it checked...
Old 03-17-2008, 01:07 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Rachel, hope your son and his team win! I don't make the gazpacho myself--it's sold in every supermarket here in cartons, like orange juice or milk. There are lots of brands and it's really pretty good. I love gazpacho!

I love gardening, too!! Apart from a ton of flowers, I plant tomatoes, and I put in a herb garden last year. And I also sold veggies at a roadside stand (in front of the house) when I was a teenager!

Vero, that's awful--once is bad enough. I think I'd get it checked...
I'm a culinary dunce, what is Gazpacho?
Old 03-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinatina View Post
I'm a culinary dunce, what is Gazpacho?
A cold soup made of tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, EVOO, vinegar and garlic. Like liquid salad.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:23 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melroseep
Stats: 215/215/less than 215:)
Start Date: 11/11/10
marking my spot for the week

I will be back later!!
melroseep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NenaP
Start Date: March 1st 2008
Hey guys,

well its not going so well for me, ,my weight has pretty much been at a stand still for the past week, I've hardly lost any weight, maybe like 2lbs, since i started 2 1/2 weeks ago,so i decided that I'm gonna kick it into high gear, workout a lot and start drinking more water, I'm gonna try to eat a lot of beans too, theres an apple bean salad i make thats awesome and i usually lose weight fast if i eat it regularly, i ate it on the G.I diet a lot,I just get burnt out on it, ugh... I hate that these last 10-15lbs are so hard to lose,
Hopefully I'll start seeing results here soon, Have a good day everybody

Today:
B: Strawberries and milk w/splenda
S: Cashews and bottle of water
L: SB pepperoni pizza
S: None
D:Tilapia, steamed veggies and rice cakes, green tea
S: ???
NenaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Tea ho and tea pimp! that is SO funny

Summy, that's where my seats were, too! I think it was section 164, field boxes. I just turned the game on now and we're losing 5-0 in the 2nd inning - good thing it's still spring training!

Way to go, Vicki! I think I would have a hard time giving the puppies up, LOL--I'm way too soft where animals are concerned.

We've been missing cowboymom for the last few days, and Beth (farmerswife) and Teresa for longer than that. Hope everything is OK...

We were section 178!