Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2008, 01:15 PM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilymo View Post
Good morning all. Today is Easter adn I feel pretty good that I haven't had chocolate I had to buy my kids Easter candy (ok, so they are all age 16 years to 20 but I still make them little Easter baskets!) but only bought the kind I don't like lol. Phew.
Todays menu:
Brunch- scrambled eggs, bacon, 1 whole wheat pancake, cinnamon bun
L- None
D- spiral ham, cabbage, mashed cauliflower with parmesan cheese
for dessert I'm making a cake with angel food cake "frosted" with sugar free pudding, pineapple and light cool whip. I hate pineapple so that won't be too much of a problem.
Have a great day everyone!
Lily
DD 19 still likes to have a stuffed bunny for Easter. I couldn't find a good one this year, though, so I told her she could pick out a new pair of Crocs and I would pay for them. Easter Crocs. I think it's neat that even big kids still like baskets.

Dd gave each of us 3 pieces of top notch chocolate and I'm trying to decide if I want to eat it all today or spread it out over 3 days.

Hope you have a great day.

Last edited by rose1; 03-23-2008 at 01:24 PM..
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2008, 01:20 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by NenaP View Post
Hey guys, I'm just about to leave to go to my friends house, I'll be eating dinner there so i doubt it will be OP since her dads German and he usually does the cooking...i don't like to say "I'm on a diet" when I'm invited somewhere i think its rude and i hate having to say "well i can't have that or that" I'll just be OP tomorrow...anyway I'm sure it will probably be awesome whatever it is...well have a good Sunday everyone, I'll check back in tomorrow
Nena

Todays Menu so far:
B: apple
s: SF Jello
L: apple bean salad
S:none
D: ????
S: ????
We want to hear what you had when you get back!
Old 03-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: helpingrachel
Stats: 167/ 162.4/140 5ft 8
WOE: NK
[COLOR="Magenta"]Happy Easter To my fellow beachers!!
[/COLOR]

Had a great day. My son set a record for his run in his track meet yesterday. He goes to a high school of about 4,000 kids, so I was proud as i have seen him practice, practice, practice.

I stayed on plan all day today. Had an awesome game of scrabble with the kids. We went to our lake house and I fell asleep on our sun porch. The outside temperature was 45 degrees, when I woke up the temp was 98 degrees on the porch. It felt sooooo good. I thought I was a big fat cat finally finding my spot in the sun!!

My goal was to see if I could enjoy the holiday without all the sugar and fix'ins.
I had a large salad with hard boiled egg, soup with low sodium broth.
One bite of ham as It isn't my favorite. Had a few strawberries and cleaned up the big dinner dishes from my cooking. Anyway, trying to change how I view food and what I think it will do for me. My joy today is that I actually felt connected to my family, blessed without all the mindless eating or thinking that if I have this ......(off plan foods) then it will complete the holiday. Calories don't lead to happiness,

Look forward to having a good week with all of you.

Last edited by helpingrachel; 03-23-2008 at 04:01 PM..
helpingrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:55 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Doitforyou4
Stats: struggling....
WOE: pending
Start Date: Nov. 5, 2007
hello everyone! i dont have time to read everything but i'm just here to say Happy Easter!! I'm not even going to post anything i've eaten... i've had some very south beach things like the oatmeal pancakes... which were good and the pistachio chicken out of the book!! it is sooooo good i loved it . But i've also had some off plan stuff... not going to mention. but i feel gross and i can't wait to have a clean start on Tues. I will be doing phase 1 very strictly!!.. i will be posting everything and i will need someone to be telling me if they think i'm eating something wrong.. I'm also going to try to cut down on my splenda intake.. i eat way too much and i think that it may be messing up my stomach. well i hope everything is doing great!! LOVE!!

Britt

Pain is weakness leaving the body!

STAY MOTIVATED>> THINK OF YOUR GOALS!
Doitforyou4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Momangel
Stats: 181/165/140
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 10/07/07
Happy Easter all

I did well today, no chocolate for me! The Easter Bunny left baskets for everyone in my house and had lots of fun hiding chocolates all over the house! My children (DD 4, DS 2 1/2) had a hoot hunting for eggs today. We took them to a big easter egg hunt and game day today. I didn't do very well for lunch since we ate there and nothing was OP. I had a half a hot dog and a handful of fries. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and I will resist the temptation, and the chocolate bunny cake I made yesterday....

Hope everyone had a great easter. Tomorrow I am heading out shopping to find some clothes that fit!
Old 03-23-2008, 07:12 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momangel View Post
Happy Easter all

I did well today, no chocolate for me! The Easter Bunny left baskets for everyone in my house and had lots of fun hiding chocolates all over the house! My children (DD 4, DS 2 1/2) had a hoot hunting for eggs today. We took them to a big easter egg hunt and game day today. I didn't do very well for lunch since we ate there and nothing was OP. I had a half a hot dog and a handful of fries. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and I will resist the temptation, and the chocolate bunny cake I made yesterday....

Hope everyone had a great easter. Tomorrow I am heading out shopping to find some clothes that fit!
Poor you! Glad you had a fun day.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:32 PM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
We had to postpone our Easter breakfast at Bob Evans this morning because Alyssa, our little 20 month old granddaughter was sick again through the night. Kim (DD) text me this morning and said she really wanted to go with us but that alyssa had been up throwing up all night long so I called my Mom and asked her if we could do it next Sunday and she said that would actually be better because she would have gone with us but she would have been rushed when she got home to get the late lunch/early dinner on the table. So I text Kim back and said that we were going to wait for them to be able to join us and do it next Sunday. Besides, Bob Evans always has an Easter bunny walking around and Alyssa is petrified of them, so next Sunday will be better in that respect.

Okay, I didn't do the very best, but I'm stoked because I did do MUCH better than in the past. Didn't have breakfast cuz John (DH) and I slept in and then it was too late and we had to hurry up and get ready to go to Mom's. Here's my menu for the day...

Lunch: 3 slices of spiral ham (bro had put a glaze on it though)
1 small scoop of potato salad (OMG, it was awesome)
1 small scoop of mac and cheese

Dinner: Applebees small sirloin steak, rare, cut up on my salad
salad with Ranch dressing (forgot to ask for the low fat).

I did have a Reeses egg, but in the past I would have eaten 2 or 3 of them.

Breakfast tomorrow morning, Quaker oatmeal, 1/2 cup, with splenda and maybe a scrambled egg with Alyssa
Old 03-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #188

New thread!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/so...arch-30th.html
Old 03-27-2008, 07:30 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NenaP
Start Date: March 1st 2008
Wrong board...

Last edited by NenaP; 03-27-2008 at 07:32 AM..
NenaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:26 AM   #190
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LindseyLu
Stats: 180/163/140
WOE: South Beach here I come!
Start Date: 3/17/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummyBee View Post
How'd Friday Night going???
I am checking in before watching some tivoed shoes and heading to bed. BIG Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow. Gotta get some rest to keep up with the kiddos!

Lindsay:
I checked your make-up site! Lovely work! You are very talented. I am a lover of cosmetics! I have a few train cases full. Kind fo my weakness!

Rebecca: Awesome of the 30lbs!

Nena:
I hope that the shorts get too big on you soon and you have to go buy all new Kidding. That is what happens to me and bras! I go and spend a bunch of money on 60-70$ bras and I lose 15llbs. Maybe I should just go by bras! That would be easier!!!

GSP:
How did you get a sunny day in Indy and I am here in Ohio with snow still?????

Luisa:
Awesome on the loss girl!

ActII:
20lbs!!! Way to go!!!!!! Amazing! We want pics!

Rachel:
Awesome loss sister! Cannot wait to see the new avatar. You are cute as a button!

Moonstruck:
How did the hair turn out? I know better than my stripper hair did. If not you can borrow my pole and lucite heels!

Turtle: When I need to refocus reading the book really gets me back on track and posting menus here daily.

Wiz:
Are you still here or did that wind blow you away there?

Brit: Fla???? Are you kidding? Leaving me here in the snow??? Did you get the VS bathing SUit yet???

Dani: How are you feeling now from the yoga? Maybe we car car pool to physical therapy.

Vero:
Did you decide on shoes?

Wendy: How are the headaches. Those are no fun. I get headaches called idiopathic ice pick headaches and they went away for about 6 months and then came back a few weeks ago. Not fun and I feel for you girl.

Momangel: awesome on the 30lbs! You need a new avatar to celebrate!!!!

Rose: a senior moment! Hahaaha You are a senior in High School right? I have to admit to DH I refer to you in love as the "Board Mom"! He asked where I got the culli pizza recipe and I said "Rose posted a link to it from another area of the board" He goes. "Who is Rose?" I said "oh she takes care of us and tells us stuff we need to know. Sort of like a Board Mom. Keeps up in line." He just looked at me with an odd expression!

Off to bed! I am tired! Hugs to all!!!!

Summy
Thanks Summy!! I love it too! Im obsessed...You little girl is sooo cute!!!
LindseyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:58 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momof5
Stats: 235/235/140-5"2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 8 2007 Re-start Jan 9 2012
Hi,
I will start SB tomorrow. I have been reading on it, and think this plan is more of a lifestyle change than a diet. I was just not able to stick with the Adkins. Does anyone have any advice for a new person.
Thanks
Shelly
momof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:23 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: turtle
Stats: 243/197/160
Start Date: 12/3/2007
hey Shelly, South Beach is great.... Did you move your question to the new weekly thread... this is an old thread
turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #193
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kim_R
Doing some research

I have been looking into several diets lately and have found that South Beach seems to fit my life better than all the others. I have a question though. I am lactose intolerant and need to get lactose free milk (when I have the urge to drink it). It doesn't state that this is bad on your menus seeing that lactose is what is naughty in milk. Can I have the lactose free milk?
Kim_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim_R View Post
I have been looking into several diets lately and have found that South Beach seems to fit my life better than all the others. I have a question though. I am lactose intolerant and need to get lactose free milk (when I have the urge to drink it). It doesn't state that this is bad on your menus seeing that lactose is what is naughty in milk. Can I have the lactose free milk?
It's fine.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #195
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
How funny to see this very old thread resurrected from 2008! So many of these people haven't been around in years...I wonder how they all are, if they've kept going on their weight loss journey, etc.

That's when I was just starting out! Month 3 of SB. I was so annoyed about having to fly on Easter Sunday for business. Ugh, and when I got to London - it was snowing!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:57 AM   #196
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pam0815
I am new to SBD(just started today actually lol) I am hoping to lose some weight!! I have been eating myself crazy for about a few months and its had bad side effects so I need to do something!! I was wondering if peanut butter is a good snack? If so what could I eat it with?
pam0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam0815 View Post
I am new to SBD(just started today actually lol) I am hoping to lose some weight!! I have been eating myself crazy for about a few months and its had bad side effects so I need to do something!! I was wondering if peanut butter is a good snack? If so what could I eat it with?
Pam, you're in an old thread, but peanut butter is really,really calorically dense so you really, really have to watch your portions. It's easy for some to eat half a jar before they know it. Celery sticks are a good carrier for peanut butter, just stick to a tablespoon or so.

Current thread is here: April- Summer is coming! Come over and join us!

Last edited by rose1; 04-23-2012 at 09:40 AM..