Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 06:20 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: turtle
Stats: 243/197/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 12/3/2007
I have not posted in a while... but read just about everyday... finally over the illness but now trying to stay OP... evening hunger has returned... I am back to working out.. .that usually helps me to be motivated... I think I need to re-read the book to gain more focus... I am not giving up on myself this time... I don't want to think... "last time" or "next time"... I want it to be my lifestyle... not my 3 months of doing well then ditch over 2 bad weeks.... I didn't gain anything over the 2 wks... that is a blessing... but I have not lost anything either....

I read the boards for ideas and get encouraged reading how you guys get over the hump...

HAVE A GREAT EASTER
238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 [COLOR="DarkOrange"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]205[/COLOR][/COLOR] 204 203 202 201 200 [COLOR="Blue"]199[/COLOR] 198 197 196 195 194 193 191 190 189 188 187 186 185 184 183 182 181 180 179 178 177 176 175 174 173 172 171 170 169 168 167 166 165 164 163 162 161 160
turtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2008, 06:22 AM   #122
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LindseyLu
Stats: 180/163/140
WOE: South Beach here I come!
Start Date: 3/17/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by melroseep View Post
Lindsey - your avitar shows you as a very beautiful girl!!! you look great. I am hoping for 140. Cravings - choch ricotta - is one of my favorites and there is a recipe for revolution rolls that are a great help

Great job and welcome back. i am glad that you didn't leave forever!!!

Lily - don't feel bad!! i am always sad when people say that they don't want to stay. the ones who post lots get lots of indies. people do rsvp when you look down and out and it they don't --> post again!!

i am still not good op. i am going to reread the book this weekend and focus!!! I can only help myself and i can do it

Melrose - Thank you so much, Pretty face doesn't cut it :blush:, the body is the issue hence weighing 180.. Can that recipe be eaten in the first phase?

EVERYONE:
Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome!!! This place is absolutely amazing! This is such a great help!! Everyone is soo encouraging!
EVERYONE IS doing soo great on losing weight its such a inspiration! thanks guys!
LindseyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:22 AM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Who was the one that posted what you can eat while dining out? One of them was [COLOR="Red"]Chick-fil-A[/COLOR] and now i can't find the post...Sad. I think it was Rose but not sure! Does anyone know what Im talking about? Going there today and don't want to mess up!
Old 03-21-2008, 07:39 AM   #124
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
TGIF!!

Hi all,

I couldn't face the wind this morning (30 miles an hour steady, with gusts up to 40 here at the beach.) So I hit my treadmill in the basement - which is not nearly as energizing for me. And I really can only stand about 30 minutes of it. But better than nothing.

Cowboymom - I'll start my running plan in about a month (when I get back from Key West vacation.) Still walking right now.

We went out to dinner last night, kind of spur of the moment. But I was pretty good, I had a cup of beef vegetable soup (very brothy, no potatoes or anything) and 2 appetizer crab cakes over salad greens. The dressing for the salad was a little sweet, but no harm on the scale this morning! Of course, I had a glass of wine :blush:

Lindsey - Welcome! I can see you are already in the swing of things.

Turtle - I agree with your thoughts on "lifestyle" changes.

I try not to freak out if I have a not-so-good week because I know I'll be right back on plan as soon as I can. Part of my lifestyle is that I have to do all this crazy business travel, which impacts eating and exercising. Because of that, I can't drive myself crazy if I don't lose fast enough. I keep repeating - this is how I will live my life, this is not a diet.

Luisa
- Beautiful photos!!

Debra - Boy, am I jealous! 30 lbs is phenomenal. Congrats!!

Rose - You are my hero!! I love that smiley with the hair on end. LOL.

Britt - Glad you got to FL safe and sound! Have fun. Leave your worries (BF, SB, etc.) behind while you are there.

Hope everyone has a good Friday (pun intended ) Stay OP and avoid those chocolate eggs and marshmallow chicks....
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:30 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ACT II
Stats: 258/238/145
Start Date: January 2008
[COLOR="purple"]Lindsey![/COLOR]
[COLOR="purple"]Lily! Walksoftly![/COLOR] Glad you decided to stay.

[COLOR="Purple"]Brit! [/COLOR] Have fun in Florida

I haven't been posting menu's again (too lazy!)... but I had to change my siggy 'cause I dropped another 3 lbs... Poor me!

So... now I'm in the 20 lb club! Woooooohoooo!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by ACT II; 03-21-2008 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: Blonde Moment
ACT II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: helpingrachel
Stats: 167/ 162.4/140 5ft 8
WOE: NK
Hi to my south beach chickadees!

Had a really good week this week. I am going to change my avatar on Monday, if I follow plan over the Holiday. I am down 4 lbs and don't want to change it until I stay true to plan thru the Holiday.

Had my mammogram today, encourage all of you to get one if you are at the age to have one. My Mom had cancer at 37 and lived till she was 60 from early detection.

Anyhoo, Hope each of you enjoy your holiday without extra calories, just fun, relaxation and joy!
helpingrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:47 AM   #127
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 178/167.8/135 ~5'10"~
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/18/2014
Good Morning! I'm off to get my hair hi-lighted today, I need a change of pace. My husband made our 8 year-old son a one-minute flax muffin and he loves it.

We buy a large container of golden flax meal at Costco.

I am cutting my water back to one gallon (128 ounces) a day again. I was drinking five quarts, which I don't need. In additon to drinking a lot of pure water every day, I also drink a lot of herbal tea.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Violet_Dream; 03-21-2008 at 09:49 AM..
Violet_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

ActII Way to go! Glad you are in the 20 pound club. Great job and keep up the good work!!

Moonstruck: Wow that is alot of water! What are your favorite teas? Let us know how your hair turns out.

Hi to everyone else!
Old 03-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #129
Junior LCF Member

Congratulations ActII!!! YOUR AN INSPIRATION!!

Since I didn't get a response about chick Fila, I ended up getting the chargrilled chicken salad, I picked the carrotts off and used low fat ranch. Was this a good choice? Should I used low fat or regular next time?
Old 03-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Lindsey, did you mean this? SB dining out guide, about halfway down this page:

PHASE 2 - ADDITIONS AND ONGOING WEIGHT LOSS

The Chik-Fil-A chargrilled chicken garden salad is listed

For dressings it says:

Buttermilk Ranch Sauce
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Chik-fil-A Buffalo Sauce
Caesar Dressing
Blue Cheese Dressing
Spicy Dressing

I would think low-fat ranch would be a good choice (that's what I would get, anyway).
luisafernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #131
Junior LCF Member

YES!! Your the best..Thank you! That stuff is still ok for Phase I right? Im glad I made the correct choice, plus it was really yummy too!
Old 03-21-2008, 11:58 AM   #132
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkssoftly View Post
Hi Everyone,
Hubby gave me a few minutes to get on the computer and post Still doing a lot of running on vacation. Still trying to stay as close to OP as possible. Can't wait till next week when I can get back to a better schedule.
Lily - I was feeling the same way you were a week or so ago and everyone encouraged me to stay. This thread does move kind of quickly and I can understand that sometimes our questions don't get answered. After everyone knew how I was feeling, they really made an effort to make me feel more welcomed and I'm glad I stayed. Hope you will stick around too
Wiz- I live in Howell. I don't get down to the ocean as much as I would like to, but try to get there when I can. Being that I have lived in the area all my life, I am very fond of the ocean, but not fond of the summer crowds and traffic. How lucky you are to live right there. I'm just a little jealous Once the beach traffic starts, I almost never go to the boardwalk, so I guess I will be doing most of my walking and bike riding at the resevoir. I am very happy when Labor Day comes and the crowds slow down.
I send my best wishes and congrats to those of you who are meeting your goals. Hopfully, I will be right there with you soon. Have a great evening!
Later,
Barb
It sounds like you're having a great time. It's good that you're staying close to plan. You won't have a hard time when you get back home.

I grew up in Fla. and went to college right on the Gulf. My dorm room faced the bay. I love the water in winter and I know what you mean about the spring/summer crowds.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:04 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLu View Post
YES!! Your the best..Thank you! That stuff is still ok for Phase I right? Im glad I made the correct choice, plus it was really yummy too!
Lindsey, do you have the book? I hope so. You did make a suitable choice this time, but to save future heartache, you need to know going in what you can eat and what to stay away from. KWIM? Print out that list and keep it with you if you are going to eat out a lot, but menus and ingredients change often, so it is just a guide at best.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #134
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GSPLover
Stats: 224/208/150
WOE: South Beach of course
Start Date: January 2008
Happy Friday Beachers!!!!

It is bright and sunny here in Indiana and I am wishing I could cut out of work early. I took a 3 hours lunch today with some co-workers and went clothes shopping (so fun). So, I do not think my supervisor would be too happy with me taking a three hour lunch and then cutting out of here early.

Sorry I have been MIA. I have been under a deadline at work so I have been working from home each night this week as well as my regular day in the office. I have managed to stay on plan until today. I had a half a piece of cheesecake and in my brain it was totally worth it. I am sure I will not feel the same tomorrow.

So, I met with a personal trainer last night for the first time and it went really well. I have convinced myself that if I trully want to change my life and lose all this weight, I have to excersise as well. I don't want a bunch of skin hanging off of me when I get to goal. I am meeting with him two more times next week to get a plan in place and I have a friend that goes with me to the gym and she promises to kick my butt if I try to find excuses not to go.
I am looking forward to feeling and looking better.

Luisa: I am so jealous. It has always been a dream of mine to go to Spain.

My menu for today:
B: SB granola snack, latte
L: Ribeye salad, half piece cheesecake
S: Orange
D: taco sald
I need lots more water
Old 03-21-2008, 12:46 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NenaP
Start Date: March 1st 2008
Hey guys,
Yesterday was crazy, shopping went good,i bought jeans and some shorts,It was still hard to come to the realization that eventually I'm gonna have to wear shorts since i live in Florida, i think last year i managed to wear jeans every where, I'm still wanting to lose a little before our trip,hopefully I'll look better in the clothes i bought, so I've been working out a ton and eating less bread, hopefully I'll start seeing results soon , anyways hope every ones doing well, I'll check back in later
Nena

B: Whole wheat pancake w/sf syrup
S:SB choc Bar, Green tea
L: Smoked Tuna dip and Flax crackers
S: Celery and laughing cow
D: ????
S:NOT chunky monkey ricotta, it made me sick last night i think i eat it too much
NenaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #136
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Lindsey, do you have the book? I hope so. You did make a suitable choice this time, but to save future heartache, you need to know going in what you can eat and what to stay away from. KWIM? Print out that list and keep it with you if you are going to eat out a lot, but menus and ingredients change often, so it is just a guide at best.
Oh yes I have the book. This is my second time doing this things but planning on sticking to it this time as a lifestyle...What's "KWIM"??? Just wanted some feedback...
Old 03-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/186/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
Lindsey:

It stands for Know What I mean !!!

Kelly
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:24 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummyBee
Stats: 149/143/135 5'2
Start Date: Jan. 2008
Hey everyone! Just checking in with my menu...Today has went well even though I made cupcakes for Easter weekend festivities!

B: Eggs
L: Romaine and turkey wrap
D: Making Veggie bean soup.

My arm feels better since I has the shot in it and I am able to actually get some stuff done. I have been doing laundry all day and putting it away, Ugh!

Welcome to newbies! Hope you are all doing well!
Summy
SummyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:39 PM   #139
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Man, I haven't posted since page 3, here I am at the end of page 3 and I look up and see you guys are on PAGE 5. WOW, I need to get hopping here.

Tina, thanks for the info about the posts, I didn't know where everyone was getting them at.

Melose, how ya doing? My diet isn't the best right now but it isn't the worst either. On Monday after Easter I'm going to start Phase 1 again and I should be good to go cuz there is NOTHING in the way then, the baby shower is over for nephew and his wife, pizza with niece, my DD and DH (and little Alyssa) will be over, and so will Easter. I have to do phase 1 again all the way though cuz I've been gone too long from it so I'm just going to start fresh.

Britt, I LOVE your Vent thread. Good idea and wow, how an innocent thread just took off, eh??? I'm a Biggest Loser fan and knew this one was starting but it just didn't sink in that it was this past week that it started, wish I hadn't missed so much of the first one.

Has anyone watched "I can make you thin?" I just caught the last 1/2 hour of it on Sunday, I was on the WW and friends thread and someone mentioned it. A co-worker that looks great (but she really works at it and does have a weight problem and really watches it, but she's thin now) was all psyched about it this week and was telling me about it. I'm going to watch it this Sunday, I didn't realize the show is only a 5 week show
Old 03-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #140
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heahyou00 View Post
Lindsey:

It stands for Know What I mean !!!

Kelly
Thanks Kelly! Nice to meet you!
Old 03-21-2008, 03:32 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/186/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
Nice to meet you as well! I post here every know and then so you will see me around. Good luck with your SB journeys, it has truly changed my life, just take a look at my stats!

Kelly
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #142

Have you seen the baked oatmeal question? Am I having a senior moment here?? Do we bake oatmeal??? Do you think she means fried????
Old 03-21-2008, 03:40 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Rebecca: I haven't seen the show but look forward to watching it since I have it taped. I got my book and after I read thru it I will email regarding a new thread and hopefully lots of new thin thoughts. I hope I can get my "fat thoughts changed to thin!!

Have a good Easter with your family to all!
Old 03-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melroseep
Stats: 215/215/less than 215:)
Start Date: 11/11/10
i agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post
Man, I haven't posted since page 3, here I am at the end of page 3 and I look up and see you guys are on PAGE 5. WOW, I need to get hopping here.

Tina, thanks for the info about the posts, I didn't know where everyone was getting them at.

Melose, how ya doing? My diet isn't the best right now but it isn't the worst either. On Monday after Easter I'm going to start Phase 1 again and I should be good to go cuz there is NOTHING in the way then, the baby shower is over for nephew and his wife, pizza with niece, my DD and DH (and little Alyssa) will be over, and so will Easter. I have to do phase 1 again all the way though cuz I've been gone too long from it so I'm just going to start fresh.
i have to do it on mon too!!! we can do it together. Make sure that i don't wimp out and don't post my menu. yell at me if i don't.
melroseep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:42 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Rose: You are not having a senior moment. But i do wonder if she knows about the fried steel cut oats!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 06:12 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpingrachel View Post
Rose: You are not having a senior moment. But i do wonder if she knows about the fried steel cut oats!!!
I think that might be it.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:24 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Had a few moments to leave some personal messages!

How'd Friday Night going???
I am checking in before watching some tivoed shoes and heading to bed. BIG Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow. Gotta get some rest to keep up with the kiddos!

Lindsay:
I checked your make-up site! Lovely work! You are very talented. I am a lover of cosmetics! I have a few train cases full. Kind fo my weakness!

Rebecca: Awesome of the 30lbs!

Nena:
I hope that the shorts get too big on you soon and you have to go buy all new Kidding. That is what happens to me and bras! I go and spend a bunch of money on 60-70$ bras and I lose 15llbs. Maybe I should just go by bras! That would be easier!!!

GSP:
How did you get a sunny day in Indy and I am here in Ohio with snow still?????

Luisa:
Awesome on the loss girl!

ActII:
20lbs!!! Way to go!!!!!! Amazing! We want pics!

Rachel:
Awesome loss sister! Cannot wait to see the new avatar. You are cute as a button!

Moonstruck:
How did the hair turn out? I know better than my stripper hair did. If not you can borrow my pole and lucite heels!

Turtle: When I need to refocus reading the book really gets me back on track and posting menus here daily.

Wiz:
Are you still here or did that wind blow you away there?

Brit: Fla???? Are you kidding? Leaving me here in the snow??? Did you get the VS bathing SUit yet???

Dani: How are you feeling now from the yoga? Maybe we car car pool to physical therapy.

Vero:
Did you decide on shoes?

Wendy: How are the headaches. Those are no fun. I get headaches called idiopathic ice pick headaches and they went away for about 6 months and then came back a few weeks ago. Not fun and I feel for you girl.

Momangel: awesome on the 30lbs! You need a new avatar to celebrate!!!!

Rose: a senior moment! Hahaaha You are a senior in High School right? I have to admit to DH I refer to you in love as the "Board Mom"! He asked where I got the culli pizza recipe and I said "Rose posted a link to it from another area of the board" He goes. "Who is Rose?" I said "oh she takes care of us and tells us stuff we need to know. Sort of like a Board Mom. Keeps up in line." He just looked at me with an odd expression!

Off to bed! I am tired! Hugs to all!!!!

Summy

Last edited by SummyBee; 03-21-2008 at 08:27 PM..
Old 03-21-2008, 08:28 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melroseep View Post
i have to do it on mon too!!! we can do it together. Make sure that i don't wimp out and don't post my menu. yell at me if i don't.

Ohhhh you asked for it now!!!!!! Hehe!!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:59 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Momangel
Stats: 181/165/140
Start Date: 10/07/07
Evening all,

I had to post my NSV that I had tonight. I had a dinner date with my DH, was getting dressed and tried on about 5 different shirts before I found the one I was going to wear. I tried on all my faves and my DH faves that I bought last summer.... they were all too big! My DH told me that a couple of them looked "like tents". Darn huh? Don't you just hate when you have that problem?

I will be getting DH to take a pic of me this weekend (hopefully I will like it) then I will resize it and get it up as my avatar. I was thinking that I need to change that and the suggestion from SummyBee helped me to make up my mind

Have a great Sat all.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:48 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momangel View Post
Evening all,

I had to post my NSV that I had tonight. I had a dinner date with my DH, was getting dressed and tried on about 5 different shirts before I found the one I was going to wear. I tried on all my faves and my DH faves that I bought last summer.... they were all too big! My DH told me that a couple of them looked "like tents". Darn huh? Don't you just hate when you have that problem?

I will be getting DH to take a pic of me this weekend (hopefully I will like it) then I will resize it and get it up as my avatar. I was thinking that I need to change that and the suggestion from SummyBee helped me to make up my mind

Have a great Sat all.

Hey I think you need to go shopping too! Some new non-tent shirts are in order to celebrate! Congrats! Cannot wait to see the new avatar!!!!

Summy