Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 06:16 AM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilymo View Post
Good morning. I guess I won't be posting on this thread anymore. You guys are pretty tight and no one seems to acknowledge me when I post comments or questions. That's ok though, I will keep posting on other threads and become more than a "new" senior poster and you'll get sick of seeing me lol.
good luck to all.
Lily - I hope you will reconsider and stay! A lot of the posters here started in January ish. We don't mean to ignore your questions. Sometimes if we (I) don't know the answer, I just wait for Rose1, our resident SB guru, to answer the questions. Rose doesn't come in as often as some of us, but she always trys to answer any questions! Please stay.

ps I went through this thread and tried to find your questions, I didn't find it. Post it again and I'll see if I can help.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2008, 08:04 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cowboymom
Lilymo, when I posted to everyone going back to phase 1, that meant you too right? And I do remember someone commented on your avatar. I looked at your last few posts and you've only posted in this thread a few times in the last ten days and you've seen how this board moves, it goes quickly and questions do get lost. Try starting a new thread for a question or directing it at a particular person, try relating directly to an individual instead of the board at large, it helps make the connections that some of us have made. This isn't necessarily a tight crowd at all, go back to your introduction post, but it is a busy fast-moving and sometimes frazzled crowd. We're trying to get to everyone!

I slept in bad this morning! Didn't hear DH leave or the kids get up or anything... now I'm running three hours behind schedule!

Oh and...

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Happy First Day of Spring!!! [/COLOR]
cowboymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:13 AM   #93
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Good morning!

It was SO windy this morning on my 5-mile walk. My hair was standing straight up on end when I got home!! (we need a little smiley with hair sticking up )

Luisa - I'm right with you, girl. I could not believe my eyes this morning, after a triple weigh-in I can now confirm I am down 20 lbs as well.

I'd really like to be down 25 lbs by the time we go on vacation to Key West, which is 23 days from now. That's my challenge - 5 more over the next 3 weeks...

Lily - Please reconsider, many of us just started about 2 months ago. The more the merrier!

Melrose - I'm going to London for work - sales meetings. I get over there about twice a year. I think this may be my 20th trip to the UK!

Wendy
- I LOVE fresh corn, I know it is a no-no but that is a tough one to resist. I love the sweet white corn we get in Jersey in late summer...

Kelly - Another one with the size 12!! I think I need about 5 to 8 more pounds to get there. I'm saying Congrats while green with envy!

OK, gotta run! Have a good one...
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:45 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: twinmom
Stats: 190/190/150
WOE: SB
Start Date: 7/31/07; again 9/7/10
I don't know about all of you but I can't wait for the Easter candy to be out of the stores. I love me some Cadbury eggs & I just can't get enough. Thankfully I haven't gained.

B - 1/2 c old fash. oats; 1/4 c blueberries; 1 c skim milk
S - LF cheddar cheese stick
L - roast beef slices w/small amt of LF cheddar melted; 6 triscuits; V8
S - van yogurt
D - (Going out with the Mothers of Twins Club so probably not so good.)

Hoping to lose 10 more for summer!
twinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:45 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Momangel
Stats: 181/165/140
Start Date: 10/07/07
Morning beachers,

Sorry I have been MIA lately. My hectic schedule has been even more crazy than normal I had an exam this week and have another one next week My DH has been home for the last week and a half so I have been trying to spend time with him. He will be going back to work next week and will be out of town again but we are not sure where.

I have been doing well eating wise. Am now in the 30 pound club Only have a few more pounds to go till I hit goal! I am very excited. My DH asked me the other day if I was going to buy some pants that fit! I am waiting till I hit goal before I spend any money on clothes tho.

Hope you all are doing well. Going to resist the temptations the Easter Bunny is going to bring this weekend....
Old 03-20-2008, 09:51 AM   #96
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Good morning!

It was SO windy this morning on my 5-mile walk. My hair was standing straight up on end when I got home!! (we need a little smiley with hair sticking up )

rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:55 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momangel View Post
Morning beachers,

Sorry I have been MIA lately. My hectic schedule has been even more crazy than normal I had an exam this week and have another one next week My DH has been home for the last week and a half so I have been trying to spend time with him. He will be going back to work next week and will be out of town again but we are not sure where.

I have been doing well eating wise. Am now in the 30 pound club Only have a few more pounds to go till I hit goal! I am very excited. My DH asked me the other day if I was going to buy some pants that fit! I am waiting till I hit goal before I spend any money on clothes tho.

Hope you all are doing well. Going to resist the temptations the Easter Bunny is going to bring this weekend....
Debra, you are doing so well. I don't see how you keep up your schedule. Thank goodness, the Easter Bunny doesn't come here any more. (Dove chocolate eggs.)
Old 03-20-2008, 10:35 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Oh those cadbury caramel eggs... oh my...
Old 03-20-2008, 10:35 AM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Oh, that's priceless!

Have you got one that drools, Rose? That's what all this talk of Easter candy has me doing...

Congrats Debra and Wiz, way to go!!

Gotta get back to work...BBL
luisafernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:42 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Debra good job! You're doing really well despite your hectic schedule!

Wiz good job to you too, I had to wear a hat on my run this morning. are you getting ready to run, I forget when you said you could go again? I thought of you today as I was cruising along, I love running! Do me a favor and if you see Biscuit Tin in London tell her to get her butt back in here! lol

Summy do I get a prize for guessing rotator cuff? it HURTS, bad, I know it does. I did mine scooting over in the front seat of the truck to let my husband in, just leaned on mine just wrong and I thought I would puke from the pain, awful! Time and physical therapy will heal it. Mine's 100% now if that makes you feel any better!

Britt did you get a flight? Have a fun trip!

to everyone else...
Old 03-20-2008, 10:42 AM   #101

Drool.

Can you tell that I am at home today?

Last edited by rose1; 03-20-2008 at 10:49 AM..
Old 03-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #102
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LindseyLu
Stats: 180/163/140
WOE: South Beach here I come!
Start Date: 3/17/07
Hey my name is Lindsey and i am new to the blog! Thanks for all the help you have given me so far. I am on day 4 of the SBD and its my second time around, fell off the band wagon the first time not gonna happen again!

Right now I am dealing with major cravings that were in my lifestyle before the SBD, everything bad, you name it I crave it! Any advice you all can give me to get through the next couple of harsh weeks?

Thank you!

Current weight: 180
Goal weight: 140
LindseyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #103
Junior LCF Member

Oh yea, one question, it won't let me put the same picture that's in my profile up as my profile picture. Does anyone know why it won't work for me? It says "file error" with no explanation..boo
Old 03-20-2008, 12:42 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Lindsey! I'm not sure on the avatar, are you sure you're doing avatar and not profile? I think they're two different things on here.

I've been trying to take a new picture of myself for my avatar all day and just like before I've taken 50 pictures and don't like any of them! LOL But the good news is my face is a lot thinner than it was in October! Maybe I'll just put up a picture of my horse, he's prettier than I am!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:47 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Momangel
Stats: 181/165/140
Start Date: 10/07/07
Thanks for the positive comments all, the support is why I love this board!
Want to toss in one more thing to my crazy schedule... DH and I are looking around at houses now, hoping to buy this summer/fall. Yikes!

Cowboymom, about your avatar...
Momangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #106
Junior LCF Member

Yippee! Thanks cowboymom!!
Old 03-20-2008, 01:30 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

I helped?? COOL! I usually don't know what I'm doing! LOL Cute picture!

As for the cravings... if I have a day of nothing but HB eggs and vegetables that usually calms my cravings pretty well... hang tough, they go away! Take a walk outside, fresh air sure seems to help a lot too, sometimes my cravings are nothing more than a trigger situation working on my brain... change your routine up or something!

Last edited by cowboymom; 03-20-2008 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 03-20-2008, 02:07 PM   #108
Junior LCF Member

Yes you did! I didn't have my avatar functioning. Good Job!

Food is soooo emotional for me..I can't wait to get out of this feeling. Thank you for you insight!
Old 03-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lilymo
Stats: 240/240/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Feb. 2011/Jan. 2014
LindseyLu!
And thank you [COLOR="blue"]tina[/COLOR] and [COLOR="Blue"]cowboymom[/COLOR] for encouraging me, I guess I need to be patient. Easter is going to be very trying I can tell chocolate cravings wise
lilymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #110
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Walkssoftly
Stats: 160/152/120
Start Date: February 19,2008
Hi Everyone,
Hubby gave me a few minutes to get on the computer and post Still doing a lot of running on vacation. Still trying to stay as close to OP as possible. Can't wait till next week when I can get back to a better schedule.
Lily - I was feeling the same way you were a week or so ago and everyone encouraged me to stay. This thread does move kind of quickly and I can understand that sometimes our questions don't get answered. After everyone knew how I was feeling, they really made an effort to make me feel more welcomed and I'm glad I stayed. Hope you will stick around too
Wiz- I live in Howell. I don't get down to the ocean as much as I would like to, but try to get there when I can. Being that I have lived in the area all my life, I am very fond of the ocean, but not fond of the summer crowds and traffic. How lucky you are to live right there. I'm just a little jealous Once the beach traffic starts, I almost never go to the boardwalk, so I guess I will be doing most of my walking and bike riding at the resevoir. I am very happy when Labor Day comes and the crowds slow down.
I send my best wishes and congrats to those of you who are meeting your goals. Hopfully, I will be right there with you soon. Have a great evening!
Later,
Barb
Walkssoftly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=rose1;10083363] Drool.

Thanks, Rose, you made my day!

Lindsey, I like your pic, too. Are you drinking lots of water? sometimes that helps me when I get hungry or feel like eating stuff I shouldn't.

Lily, glad you are back.

I changed my avatar photo. This new photo is looking out from the Manzanares el Real castle. The photo below shows what this window looks like from the outside (if I get this to work, I will post a few more photos of the castle).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1468.jpg (96.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-20-2008, 02:32 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

More photos of the castle:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1487.jpg (89.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 1537.jpg (90.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 1542.jpg (97.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-20-2008, 03:14 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lilymo
Stats: 240/240/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Feb. 2011/Jan. 2014
thank you [COLOR="Magenta"]Barb [/COLOR]and [COLOR="magenta"]luisafernanda[/COLOR] and those pix are gorgeous!
lilymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:16 PM   #114

Luisa, the photos are great. I have wanted to visit Spain forever! Maybe someday.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:40 PM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
Start Date: 2007
Hey Beachers!

Busy Busy day here! Totally OP tho! I haven't been posting my menus this week, but I have stayed totally OP. Hoping to see a loss tomorrow! :fingers crossed:

to anyone I missed!

DD loved her chair. Her room is painted purple and I had leftover paint so I mixed the purple w/some leftover white to make it a lighter shade than her room. The pink is from the top sheet to her sheet set. I hate the top sheets so I use to make other stuff!

Lily - glad you decided to hang in w/us!

Luisa - awesome pics!

Summy - I'll post a pic of the chair in DD room sometime this weekend for ya. (her closet sized room ) How's the arm?

Barb - hope you and hubby are having a great week together!

Lindsey -

momangel - long time no see!

cowboymom - I had DS take a couple of pics of me that I was thinking of putting in my profil. Can't stand either one of them so I haven't changed the profile pic! I can definately relate!

wiz - 5 more lbs by your vacation sounds totally doable, good luck!

twinmom - have a great dinner out w/friends!

Rose1 - not much going on today? LOL

Melrose - I love doing that kind of stuff and DD loves the chair. And size 12 sure does have a range, I'm at 168 and still wearing my 16 jeans! Hopefully I'm close to the 14! I may try them on tonight just to check out the situation.

Wendy - hope you migraine gets better!

BBL or tomorrow!
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: veronicka
Stats: 5'5 213/171/143
WOE: South Beach Diet
Start Date: sbd 10/16/07
Hi ladies!

I'm relaxing at home. I was debating whether or not to hit the gym and have decided against it. I am way too tired and I can feel a headache coming on. Thank you for your concern over Chica; she is doing much better. Actually, I don't think she's thrown up at all today. DH called me to tell me that his 1st Sgt is making him drive someone else's soldier to Des Moines, which means he won't be back till 11 or midnight. Oh, and his boss has volunteered him to work on Saturday night as well...gee thanks.
Since DH will be gone tonight, I don't really have to cook dinner. I think I'll indulge in some WW french toast and sit down with a movie. I might even workout here at home or do some homework, Lord knows I have plenty to do.
On a positive note, I am back to siggy or a little less. I weighed in on my scale a few minutes ago. I won't know for sure until I weigh in tomorrow at the gym, since I go by that scale and weigh there with clothes & shoes on.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Lindsey Lu![/COLOR]

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Lily: [/COLOR] Glad you decided to stay!

[COLOR="Indigo"]Luisafernanda:[/COLOR] That castle is amazing! Can I move there? LOL.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Cowboymom & Tina:[/COLOR] I know what you mean about the pictures. I haven't taken a good one in a while and I don't really care for my current avi. Maybe I'll take some new ones this weekend.

[COLOR="Magenta"]Twinmom:[/COLOR] You are doing so great despite your busy schedule, KUTGW!

to all Beachers!

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]199 by 12/01[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]190 by 12/31 ...made goal 1 week later [/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]175-180 by Valentines Day. [/COLOR]
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]175 by 3/2/08 (my bday)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Green"]170 by 3/17/08 (St. Patty's day)[/COLOR]
veronicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Doitforyou4
Stats: struggling....
WOE: pending
Start Date: Nov. 5, 2007
Hello everyone! Well i woke up at 3 15 this morning and left for the airport at 3 45. My dad was going to drop my mom and I off at the terminal, well we get there and my mom realizes she forgot her purse at home!! we live an hour and a half away from the airport.. it was bad, so i went ahead and got on the flight, i ended up gettin first class ! which i can explain only as luck, my dad is an American Airlines pilot and we fly standy by so i'm lucky if i even get on the plane... but first class, that was definetly great. So my dad had to take my mom back home to get her purse and she had to catch a later flight. Well anyway so i arrive in fort lauderdale and it is cloudy and rainy.. which is not what i need lol. i need SUN! but the rest of the day was pretty nice, i went on a nice 3 mile walk with my aunt pat , but i'm going to run it in the morning, i will be by myself. Than we will head to the beach, if the weather permits. My eating has been off today.. feeling crappy, its my TOM and also everything with my BF has really just thrown me off. i will def be starting Phase 1 on Tues. I will need everyone's support.. thanx.

Menu for today:

B: some egg ( they gave us a cheese omelet on the airplane.. i scrapped all the cheese off and ate the egg), some mixed fruit
S: too much kashi go lean cereal.. and pistachios.. too many
L: roasted chick peas, cauliflower, salad with some tuna on it
S: almonds, pistachios.. again
D: whole wheat pasta, with some sauce. but it was SBD approved.
S: nothing... well some decaf tea.

I'm really feeling like crap. but i just cant seem to quit eating. ugh this is so frustrating.

Vero- good luck with the weigh in!!!

Tina- good job, i wish i was doing as good as you.

Luisa- those pictures are gorgeous!

IMPORTANT NOTE!! I need everyones help when i get back from this trip on tues to remind me how crappy i feel when i eat off plan.. i need to get serious again about sticking to SB . thanx. you ladies are the only ones that can really help me realize how important it is to feel so great when you eat good.

Brittney

Pain is weakness leaving the body!

STAY MOTIVATED>> THINK OF YOUR GOALS!
Doitforyou4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:13 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melroseep
Stats: 215/215/less than 215:)
Start Date: 11/11/10
good night ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLu View Post
Hey my name is Lindsey and i am new to the blog! Thanks for all the help you have given me so far. I am on day 4 of the SBD and its my second time around, fell off the band wagon the first time not gonna happen again!

Right now I am dealing with major cravings that were in my lifestyle before the SBD, everything bad, you name it I crave it! Any advice you all can give me to get through the next couple of harsh weeks?

Thank you!

Current weight: 180
Goal weight: 140
Lindsey - your avitar shows you as a very beautiful girl!!! you look great. I am hoping for 140. Cravings - choch ricotta - is one of my favorites and there is a recipe for revolution rolls that are a great help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momangel View Post
Morning beachers,

Great job and welcome back. i am glad that you didn't leave forever!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilymo View Post
Good morning. I guess I won't be posting on this thread anymore. You guys are pretty tight and no one seems to acknowledge me when I post comments or questions. That's ok though, I will keep posting on other threads and become more than a "new" senior poster and you'll get sick of seeing me lol.
good luck to all.
Lily - don't feel bad!! i am always sad when people say that they don't want to stay. the ones who post lots get lots of indies. people do rsvp when you look down and out and it they don't --> post again!!

i am still not good op. i am going to reread the book this weekend and focus!!! I can only help myself and i can do it
3 - stay OP
4 - walk
5 - 180 by school in sept [/COLOR]
melroseep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:35 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Stats: HALF MY SIZE!
Start Date: March 20, 2005
HELLO EVERYONE!!! I am here. I finished midterms at school and then the day of my last midterm, my fiance's parents flew into town from Iowa and just left. I had ZERO time to even turn on my computer. It felt so weird not being able to communicate with all of you. Anyway, I am back. I skimmed through the posts but didn't really get to focus too much. Maybe I will work on that tomorrow. I did see that some of you were wondering where I went.....THANK YOU SOOOOO much for thinking of me. I missed being on here, but I love my in laws and wanted to spend as much time with them as possible.

Here is just some quick news:
We are getting a treadmill delivered on Saturday that has a tv and dvd player on it so I am excited about that. I will still go to the gym obviously, but now I can do this too. Very excited!!! DF and I are going to both being doing the treadmill so that will be GREAT!

Also I lost 3 more pounds. I have been doing really well and feeling really positive. I have lost now 8 pounds. (of the pounds that I gained after reaching goal) I actually think that I want to lose more. I am trying to tone and gain muscle so I am wanting to slim down a bit more. I think I would be happy to lose 15 or so more pounds....so wish me luck!! I got some great equipment advise from a personal trainer at the gym today, so I am stoked to try it tomorrow.

Ok, well I am going to go to bed now. I will write a bunch more tomorrow, including my food journal. Thanks to all of you for your support! You are a truly great!
Old 03-21-2008, 12:49 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all,

Pretty cold again this morning...you'd think I would have learned from yesterday's walk and put on my warm hat today, but nooooo.... The weather forecast says SNOW for tomorrow and the next day! (it has snowed exactly once this winter, just a light coating). My poor spring flowers...

Menu from yesterday:

B - fried egg, 2 Canadian bacon, gazpacho, decaf w/dash of milk
S - apple, 5 walnuts
L - grilled chicken breast, grilled veggies (zucchini, eggplant, tomato, onion), sf ff plain yogurt
S - 7 dried apricots, 5 walnuts
D - leftover chicken, cherry tomatoes, olives

Teresa, glad to see you back! Your treadmill sounds ideal. I will think of you with envy when I am dodging the cow flops on my morning walk. And congrats on your weight loss.

Britt - don't beat yourself up, just enjoy your stay and do what you can. Don't worry, we'll all get behind you and push when you get back.

Rose - Spain has so much to see, if you ever get the chance. Mountains and beautiful beaches, art and architecture...and don't get me started on the wine and food! (that's a big part of the reason I'm on SB right now!)

Thank you all for the compliments on the photos - I'll pass them on to the photographer (my husband). I'll post one more: a view of a church taken from the castle. Those things on top are stork nests, with the storks sitting in them. That's a common sight here - in fact, the little church in our town also has a stork nest on top, and we often see the storks flying around.

Have a great day, everyone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1473.jpg (87.2 KB, 3 views)