Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinatina View Post
Rose - thanks for answering my cane juice question! It's really ticking me off! I can't find the dehydrated ones w/o sugar, and I can't find fresh ones to make them dehydrated!

I'll bbl with more, gotta get the kids ready for school.
You can get unsweetened cranberries in a large health food store, but they are viscously expensive. We buy fresh and put them in the freezer, but you have to plan ahead. So, we usually use raisins.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstruck View Post
I'm doing well..have been dealing with a lot of back pain and my exercise has been my saving grace. A co-worker of my husband's has raved to him about accupuncture. Has anyone had this done?
Stephanie, we do acupuncture. It works well for pain, as well as other issues, esp if you can find a traditional Chinese or Korean doctor.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:40 PM   #33

Quote:
that must make me the tea pimp! I've been raving about the flavored teas for weeks to anyone I could get to listen!
F.U.N.N.Y.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:45 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NenaP View Post
Hey guys,

well its not going so well for me, ,my weight has pretty much been at a stand still for the past week, I've hardly lost any weight, maybe like 2lbs, since i started 2 1/2 weeks ago,so i decided that I'm gonna kick it into high gear, workout a lot and start drinking more water, I'm gonna try to eat a lot of beans too, theres an apple bean salad i make thats awesome and i usually lose weight fast if i eat it regularly, i ate it on the G.I diet a lot,I just get burnt out on it, ugh... I hate that these last 10-15lbs are so hard to lose,
Hopefully I'll start seeing results here soon, Have a good day everybody

Today:
B: Strawberries and milk w/splenda
S: Cashews and bottle of water
L: SB pepperoni pizza
S: None
D:Tilapia, steamed veggies and rice cakes, green tea
S: ???
There's a rule that you have to give the recipe if you talk about something like that.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Having a large salad with rotisserie chicken from Kroger. I wanted to get cabbage to make chicken and cabbage (I make it just like corned beef and cabbage) but they were entirely out of cabbage. Funny, why would a grocery be out of cabbage on St. Patty's day????

I finally got my Biggest Loser Success Secrets book today. Come to find out, Borders has had it since February, and every week that I've called they've said that it's not in yet. So, 3 people were entirely wrong but I finally got someone that knew what she was doing, so I'm happy now. I'm going to be reading it very soon. Like as soon as I'm finished eating.

Toodles girls, diet wasn't the best today, I had oatmeal for breakfast, 2 hamburger slices (I think they have a lot of soy in them) at the daycare with catsup, 2 servings of cottage (full strength type) but my dinner that I'm eating is good. But, I didn't have any snacky snacks or sweets, so I'm VERY happy about that.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:02 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PghMarsha
Stats: 220/179/145
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: March 2007 Recommit - too many times
Evening, Beachers!!!

Let's see - acrylic heels, poles, tea ho, tea pimp. I'm not even asking. You guys better settle down!!! Someone is going to say I'm a bad influence on all of you.

I've been sick as a dog and have been MIA. Sorry! Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive - but barely.

Sounds like we all need to regroup to Phase 1. I'm blaming it on the weather - that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'll try to catch up with all of you later. I hear the bed calling my name. Good night.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:07 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghMarsha View Post
Evening, Beachers!!!

Let's see - acrylic heels, poles, tea ho, tea pimp. I'm not even asking. You guys better settle down!!! Someone is going to say I'm a bad influence on all of you.
I've been sick as a dog and have been MIA. Sorry! Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive - but barely.

Sounds like we all need to regroup to Phase 1. I'm blaming it on the weather - that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'll try to catch up with all of you later. I hear the bed calling my name. Good night.
I'm surprised the admins haven't been on us.

Marsha, I hope you start feeling better. (Maybe we should all hit phase 1 again for a week.)
Old 03-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NenaP
Start Date: March 1st 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
There's a rule that you have to give the recipe if you talk about something like that.

Alright here it is

Apple Box Bean Salad:

1 can dark red kidney beans
2 apples (i use the big juicy red ones)cored and chopped
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped mild chilis
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
3Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder (i use a lot more)

add it all in a bowl and voilą, you made need to add extra of stuff thats pretty much it,you can also add apple cider vinegar if you like it tangy, its really good, it sounds weird i know but its great and healthy

Nena

Last edited by NenaP; 03-17-2008 at 07:14 PM..
NenaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: helpingrachel
Stats: 167/ 162.4/140 5ft 8
WOE: NK
Thanks Nena I hope with all your water drinking the whoosh fairy visits you!!

I am the biggest dork, I didn't know that the previous posts were at the bottom of this posting. Now I know how you guys do Indies. Oh my I have alot to learn.

I AM HERE TO TELL YOU THAT I AM DOING PHASE ONE ALL WEEK WITH WATER. I NEED TO GET MY REAR INTO GEAR WITH MY EATING. EXERCISING IS GOOD BUT I HAVE BEEN SOOOO HUNGRY.
helpingrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:33 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: veronicka
Stats: 5'5 213/171/143
WOE: South Beach Diet
Start Date: sbd 10/16/07
Hi ladies,

Checking in before jumping in the shower. I'm still not feeling well and this whole 2nd period thing has got me depressed, which is weird, because I don't get depressed when I'm on my period. Anyway, today was ok eating wise. Everything was phase1 except for the Carbsmart. I felt like I "needed" it to feel better.

Today's menu:
B: none
L: chicken nuggets w/ sriracha sauce; cup of chili
S: Carbsmart Butterpecan ice cream
D: 2 pork chops; baked beans

Today's exercise: none; I had absolutely no energy.
veronicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ACT II
Stats: 258/238/145
Start Date: January 2008
[COLOR="Purple"]Rose![/COLOR] We have cranberry fields around here (really cool to watch them harvest them in the fall) and you can get an ice-cream bucket of fresh cranberries for $1.00. We usually buy them to make cranberry jelly at Thanksgiving, but I'm going to throw some in my food dehydrator this year.

[COLOR="purple"]Summy! [/COLOR] You are back and not saying much about your arm... hope that mean it is feeling better!

[COLOR="purple"]Vero! [/COLOR] What a drag about the double visit from Aunt Flo. As if once a month isn't bad enough! Hope the Dr. gives you the "all clear" when you have it checked out...

[COLOR="Purple"]Brit! [/COLOR] Big Hugs! Sorry your life is full of so many challenges right now...

Everyone and to all the "Newbies"

Today's Eats

B = Flax Seed Muffin[COLOR="Magenta"]*[/COLOR] (the 1 1/2 minute nuked one that was posted here recently)... 2 eggs fried in EVOO... Coffee & LS V8
L = Tuna salad
S = Oil-popped popcorn
D = Butter chicken from the recipe sticky (Oh, how I this recipe!)
S = cream cheese & frozen raspberries
[COLOR="magenta"]*[/COLOR]Wow... is that ever good for a WHOOSH!

OK... back to the books!
Goal: Fit & Fabulous @ 40! [COLOR="Red"]I[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]C[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkGreen"]A[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]N[/COLOR] [COLOR="Indigo"]D[/COLOR][COLOR="Magenta"]O[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]I[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]T[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkGreen"]![/COLOR]
250's Gone 4ever! Bye-Bye 240's! 239 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229...
ACT II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT II View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]Rose![/COLOR] We have cranberry fields around here (really cool to watch them harvest them in the fall) and you can get an ice-cream bucket of fresh cranberries for $1.00. We usually buy them to make cranberry jelly at Thanksgiving, but I'm going to throw some in my food dehydrator this year.
I'm jealous!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:32 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummyBee View Post
WHiz:Thanks and believe it or not my husband always says things about brunette celebs etc.! I am like why did you marry a blonde?? LOL. That recipe looks super yum! I will try it!

Ok people I bought Tofu. What can I do with it? I have never had it before! Maybe so,ething phase one friendly???
Summy, look online for recipes. There is no end to what you can do with tofu. One thing you can do is freeze it, then defrost and crumble it. Brown it and add to spaghetti sauce and NO ONE will know that it isn't ground beef. It makes a great addition to soup.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:33 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicka View Post
Hi ladies,

Checking in before jumping in the shower. I'm still not feeling well and this whole 2nd period thing has got me depressed, which is weird, because I don't get depressed when I'm on my period. Anyway, today was ok eating wise. Everything was phase1 except for the Carbsmart. I felt like I "needed" it to feel better.

Today's menu:
B: none
L: chicken nuggets w/ sriracha sauce; cup of chili
S: Carbsmart Butterpecan ice cream
D: 2 pork chops; baked beans

Today's exercise: none; I had absolutely no energy.
Did your sister ever decide on bridesmaid dresses?
Old 03-18-2008, 04:57 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: veronicka
Stats: 5'5 213/171/143
WOE: South Beach Diet
Start Date: sbd 10/16/07
Hi ladies!

Back to school today for me, boo hoo. I'm up early preparing for my multi-cultural exam. I hope everyone has a great OP day!

[COLOR="Purple"]Rose:[/COLOR] Believe it or not my sister still has not ordered any bridesmaid dresses. I helped her chose one and select the colors, and her fiance shot it down. He's being extremely picky and has shot down several other wedding ideas. The wedding is on July 4th, so they need to get their stuff together. It's gonna be in TX, so it'll be hot & humid, and it's being held outside. He wants us to wear floor-length gowns and he wants them to be very conservative on the neckline. We're gonna be sweating our butts off, LOL.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Shana:[/COLOR] Thanks for the kind words I'm really hoping it's nothing, but as a precautionary measure, I'm getting off the pill. Whenever I get a chance to see my doc, I'll ask her about other options.

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]199 by 12/01[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]190 by 12/31 ...made goal 1 week later [/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]175-180 by Valentines Day. [/COLOR]
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]175 by 3/2/08 (my bday)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Green"]170 by 3/17/08 (St. Patty's day)[/COLOR]
veronicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:04 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
Start Date: 2007
Quote:
You can get unsweetened cranberries in a large health food store, but they are viscously expensive. We buy fresh and put them in the freezer, but you have to plan ahead. So, we usually use raisins.
unfortunatly no big health food stores around here. I'll have to wait til they come back in season and buy large quantities to dehydrate and then freeze them. I can freeze them once dehydrated, right?????

I'm not a big fan of the raisins either I wanted the cranberries to go in something like a trail mix that I was gonna make. Something easy to pack for baseball season seems we are forever on the go when DS starts baseball

Last edited by tinatina; 03-18-2008 at 05:07 AM..
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:05 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT II View Post
count me in as jelous!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:20 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: ScarletBlonde
Stats: 171.4/135/137
WOE: WW/SB

Hope everyone is doing well.

I haven't been exactly on plan, but I haven't gained any weight. Life has been extremely stressful.

I'll probably still do P2 until the 31st and then start P1 again.
ScarletBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:07 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melroseep
Stats: 215/215/less than 215:)
Start Date: 11/11/10
doing bad

I am in a pickle!!

I did great and saw the 180's and then it happened. the binge and binge and binge. i couldn't stop putting something in my mouth. I was having an outerbody experience. I felt like my body was doing this and my mind was hovering above me and asking me what i am doing. If i don't eat it, than i will lose wieght.

i love sb and it does work!!! i just need the mental point again. i also need to shop. i have some food but not enough.

I feel so much better when i eat great - so why do i not have the mental strenght to just do it now. i know what i want and what i want to look like and what i want to feel like ---SO WHY DON'T I DO IT!!!!

Help my mental status people!!! I am losing but not anyway but bad!!!!
3 - stay OP
4 - walk
5 - 180 by school in sept [/COLOR]
melroseep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:10 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummyBee
Stats: 149/143/135 5'2
Start Date: Jan. 2008
I'm going back to phase one again today. Ugh! Anyone else???? I think my arm injury made me want to just sit and eat!
SummyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Just stopping in to post my menu for yesterday:

B - 1 egg and 2 egg whites, scrambled with mushrooms, onion, LC light cheese and 1 thin slice serrano ham; gazpacho, decaf w/dash of milk
S - 30 pistachios
L - leftover grilled chicken, big salad (mixed greens and tomato) w/Italian
S - apple and LC light cheese
D - tuna salad w/onion, cherry tomatoes, celery w/blue cheese

I have a lot of work this afternoon, so I'd better get on with it.

to everyone and good luck to those who are going back to phase 1!
luisafernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:18 AM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Rachel - I saw somewhere you mentioned watching "You are what you Eat". I've got it on now. The womans talking about this guys "poo"
Old 03-18-2008, 08:55 AM   #53
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 178/167.8/135 ~5'10"~
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/18/2014
Good Morning Beachers...I just had to say that this flax muffin recipe that Rose was kind enough to post is AWESOME! My husband made me one yesterday morning to have with my eggs and it is delicious. So simple to make and yet so good....

I will also try the one that Cindy posted...thank you both!

Quote:
I think this is the basic recipe.

1/4 cup Flax Meal
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 packet Splenda
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Egg
1-2 teaspoons Butter

Mix the dry ingredients in a large coffee cup. Add egg and butter; mix well. Microwave for 50-seconds to 1-minute. Muffin pops right out.

We don't have a microwave, so we have not tried them.
Here is the recipe that Cindy posted in another thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
Yummy Flax Muffin

1 egg
1 1/2 t splenda
2 t plain nonfat yogurt
2 t cinnamon (more if you want)
1/2 t baking powder
3T Flax meal

Spray small bowl with non stick spray Beat together and nuke for 1:30.

This is good with Fleishman's or even sf syrup!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Violet_Dream; 03-18-2008 at 08:58 AM..
Violet_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ACT II
Stats: 258/238/145
Start Date: January 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by melroseep View Post
I am in a pickle!! I did great... and then it happened. the binge and binge and binge. i couldn't stop putting something in my mouth. I was having an outerbody experience... Why do i not have the mental strenght to just do it now. i know what i want and what i want to look like and what i want to feel like ---SO WHY DON'T I DO IT!!!!
Sounds like a couple things at work... First, the EVIL CRAVING MONSTERS!!! Maybe a week back on P1 is just the thing you need. Many in the group here are doing P1 again right now so there is lots of support and encouragement to get you through it. Second, for many people who have been overweight for a significant portion of their lives, there is a mental component as well as the physical part. No matter what diet you are on or what way of eating you choose, if those "fat deamons" are still playing around in your mind you are going to face challenges both in losing the weight and in keeping it off. If you have those "fat deamons" you might want to think about exorcising (sp?) them. There are all kinds of books available to help you do this (Dr. Phil's is just one example) but if you just sit down and really think about how and why you became overweight in the first place, you may have a "light-bulb" moment or two that can help you get rid of those nasty little "fat deamons" and get back on track.

Good luck. I know you can do it! And YOU know you can do it too. You've come a long way, baby... So you hit a hurdle. So what? You've got what it takes to dust yourself off and keep going. Be proud of yourself... we are all proud of how much you've accomplished so far!

Quote:
Rachel - I saw somewhere you mentioned watching "You are what you Eat". I've got it on now. The womans talking about this guys "poo"
She examines their "poo" on every episode... Glad I don't have her job!

[COLOR="Purple"]Moonstruck! [/COLOR] I tried that flax muffin yesterday too... It was simple and tasty. I'll be having another today!

I'll be back later to post my menu... Have an AWESOME day, everyone!
ACT II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cowboymom
Hi Beach Peeps!

My ISP was uncooperative this weekend but I'm back now...

How are we doing in here, I see a lot of "Phase 1" being thrown around! LOL For my pep talk go read what I wrote to Biscuit Tin on the board! I've been doing really good on my running and a little ify on the eating. Overall getting good results (size 12 jeans now) but not feeling 100%. I realized I have put way too much pressure on myself and was starting to feel the stress that comes from that, I needed to step back and ease up on the pressure. So today I feel a lot better, pressure's off and like magic, I'm back to eating well and had a real good run this morning. I always crash in the spring, I think it's b/c all winter I want to look good for spring and when the time gets close I freak out a bit. But doing better now!

You guys all can too, just keep trying and doing your best and be kind to yourselves! You don't make big changes if you're feeling down on yourself and depressed, feel good about yourselves and do good things for yourselves and the program will fall into place.

So that's what I know today...
cowboymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lilymo
Stats: 240/240/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Feb. 2011/Jan. 2014
Hi all
I too am back on phase 1 day 2 and feeling great, well in control anyway and not guilty over what I've eaten today. I'm really nervous about the drops in blood sugar I seem to have after day 4 on P1 but am taking posters advice about eating more dairy and beans.
Todays menu:
B- 2 eggs cooked overeasy in olive oil, 1 coffee, 1 tea with splenda and fat free 1/2 & 1/2
S- 1/4 cup mixed nuts, 1/2 cup fat free plain yogurt with lemon extract
L- 6 hot wings, 1 slice of YUM-O Cleo's cauliflower lasagna
S- 2 Tbs. peanut butter :blush:
D- baked chicken, 1 cup lentil/veggie soup (homemade) maybe a ricotta creme if I"m still hungry
water through out the day.

Last edited by lilymo; 03-18-2008 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: added day 2
lilymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:18 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey SBers!

Had the munchies today. So far I've resisted and have eaten only OP foods!
To prove I've not been slacking this week, here are before and afters of DD chair.

before:

after:

don't mind the messy basement! Its my work area!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #58
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Well, I knew I was going out for St Patricks and the scale acknowleged that I had, in fact, overindulged

However, I'm still just 1 lb up over my low weight, so a few days at Phase 1 (along with just about everybody else on this forum!!) should get me back in the groove. I definitely had too much wine over the weekend, which of course, triggers me to overeat.

I had a brisk (both in terms of temp and activity level!) 5-mile walk this morning and here is my menu today:

B: 1/3 cup eggbeater, with tomato and RF cheese
S: yogurt
L: tuna fish with celery, red pepper and 1 tsp RF mayo
S: 2 veggie cups
D: (on the grill as I type) pork tenderloin marinated in fresh lime juice, cilantro, red wine vinegar, a tsp of oregano and about 1/4 cup EVOO with sauteed asparagus and shallots with fresh thyme.

Marsha - Hope you are feeling better!

Cowboymom - Glad to see you back, size 12 jeans - nice work

Nena, Rachel - Sounds like you guys have the water market cornered! Hope it helps get things moving, if you know what I mean

Talk to you all later!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:06 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wendysmiling
Stats: 250/128 now 200/154/135 5'5"
I think I'm going to try Phase 1 too. I wonder if I can get to 145 by April 5th.

What do you all think about sodium? It really seems to bother me. I tried the Rice Diet Solution (starch, fruit, beans & veggies) and lost 7 lbs in a week and all my bloating was gone. It was hard to stick to only because the sodium is so resticted (1000-2000mg a day). It was hard for me to eat veggies w/ not sodium.

So I came back to South Beach. Example... I made the cauli pizza and was so bloated the next day, my fingers were stiff. Maybe I wasn't drinking enough water? Will that flush out the sodium?

Today:
2 small cookies :blush:
BR: LF cottage cheese w/ salsa
LN: A couple TBL whipped cream cheese.
Dn: Taco salad or tuna salad.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:40 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstruck View Post
Good Morning Beachers...I just had to say that this flax muffin recipe that Rose was kind enough to post is AWESOME! My husband made me one yesterday morning to have with my eggs and it is delicious. So simple to make and yet so good....

I will also try the one that Cindy posted...thank you both!

Here is the recipe that Cindy posted in another thread...

Have a great day everyone!
I think I'd like the one with yogurt. Has anyone baked these in an oven? We don't nuke anything. We would need to make about six at a time to make it worth heating up the oven.