Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2008, 05:22 AM   #241
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
on the taco soup recipe, I just wanted to say that I left out the vegetarian baked beans, because I figured canned baked beans would have some kind of sugar in them. I'll be having this for my snack this afternoon.
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2008, 05:04 AM   #242
Blabbermouth!!!

From the South Beach Daily Dish

Creamy Broccoli Soup

Makes 8 (1-cup) servings

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes

Ingredients
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 pounds broccoli, stems and crowns, roughly chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
5 cups vegetable broth
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Small blanched broccoli florets for garnish (optional)

Instructions
1. Heat oil over medium heat in a large nonstick saucepan. Add onion and garlic, reduce heat to low, and cook until softened, about 7 minutes. Add broccoli, salt, and a pinch of pepper; stir well to coat. Add broth and lemon juice; raise heat and bring to a simmer. Partially cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer gently until broccoli is very tender, about 25 minutes.
2. Transfer soup to a blender and puree, in batches if necessary, or use a hand blender. Serve hot, garnished with a small broccoli floret, if desired.

Nutritional Information:
80 calories
2.5 g total fat (0 g sat)
4 g protein
4 g fiber
390 mg sodium

Make-ahead tip: Soup can be made up to 3 days in advance and refrigerated in a covered container. It can also be frozen for up to 1 month.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:56 AM   #243
Blabbermouth!!!

Revolution Rolls

3 large eggs
1 pkg Splenda
dash of salt
1/8 tsp of cream of tartar
3 ounces cream cheese (not Tbsp!) Do not soften!

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Separate the eggs and add Splenda, salt, and cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.

Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store them in a bread sack or a ziplock bag to keep them from drying out.

Makes 6@ about 85 calories a piece, >1 carb per
Old 01-13-2008, 02:51 PM   #244
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tennisgal1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseWaddles View Post
Peanut Butter Cookies - All Phases

1 egg
1 cup of natural peanut butter (tons less sugar!)
1 cup of granulated Splenda
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together very well, and drop teaspoon sized balls on a greased cookie sheet. (The smaller you make them, the more you get!) Bake at 325 for about 10 minutes.

You should keep these in the fridge, as they can get crumbley.

Rose,
Thank you so much for posting. This recipe sounds delish. Can you tell me how many you are allowed to have for one snack? I am on SB, phase 1.
Thanks!
tennisgal1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:17 AM   #245
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisgal1206 View Post
Rose,
Thank you so much for posting. This recipe sounds delish. Can you tell me how many you are allowed to have for one snack? I am on SB, phase 1.
Thanks!

Hey tennis - Since you are using once C of PB, what I did was make 16 cookies (16 T in a cup I think) and then I could have 2 cookies since we are limited to 2 T of NPB a day. HTH! I have portion control issues w/these so I gave up making them!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:19 AM   #246
Blabbermouth!!!

From Linda Sue website

SWISS MUSHROOM CHICKEN
4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded flat if desired
Salt, pepper and your choice of seasonings
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons butter(to be SB friendly this would need to be margarine)
4 thin slices deli ham
4 slices Swiss cheese, about 1 ounce each (to be SB friendly this would need to be LF)

Season the chicken as desired; grill or sauté till just done. Place the chicken in a large baking dish. Sauté the mushrooms in the butter until tender. Top each piece of chicken with a slice of ham, 1/4 of the mushrooms, then a slice of cheese. Bake at 350º for 15-20 minutes until everything is hot and the cheese is melted.

Makes 4 servings
Can be frozen
Per Serving: 325 Calories; 15g Fat; 41g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

Here's the link:
Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Last edited by tinatina; 01-14-2008 at 08:29 AM..
Old 01-14-2008, 08:43 AM   #247
Blabbermouth!!!

From linda sues website

here's another one that sounds good.

CREAMY HAM AND "POTATO" CASSEROLE
2 pounds frozen cauliflower
8 ounces cream cheese (we'd need LF)
1/4 cup sour cream (we'd need LF)
1 1/2 ounces green onion, chopped, 1 bunch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (we'd need LF)
12 ounces ham, diced, about 2 cups (boiled ham, I thought about canadian bacon)
Paprika or Spicy Seasoning Salt for garnish

Cook the cauliflower until very tender; drain well. Roughly cut the florets into small pieces, but keep them a bit chunky. Put them in a greased 2 1/2-3 quart casserole with a lid. Blend in the cream cheese, then stir in the sour cream, green onion, salt, pepper, cheese and ham. Mix well. Adjust the seasoning if necessary. Go easy on the salt because the ham is salty. Sprinkle the top with paprika or Spicy Seasoning Salt. Cover and bake at 350º for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 20 minutes until browned and bubbly.

Makes 8 servings
Do not freeze

Per Serving: 335 Calories; 26g Fat; 19g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs
Old 01-16-2008, 06:11 AM   #248
Blabbermouth!!!

from the SB daily dish

Speedy Fajita Salad
What's for dinner? Why not make a Mexican meal? This dish is ultra-flavorful but not too spicy for picky palates. Best of all, it can be made in less than 30 minutes!

Speedy Fajita Salad (without tortillas, Phase 1; with tortillas, Phases 2 and 3)

Makes 4 servings

Description
This Mexican favorite is super quick to prepare because the meat's already cooked. Serve with warmed whole-wheat tortillas for a Phase 2 meal.

Ingredients
1 tablespoon prepared taco seasoning
10–12 ounces cooked roast beef, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1 cup chopped beefsteak tomatoes
1/4–1/2 cup diced red onion
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or Italian parsley leaves

Instructions
1. In a medium bowl, add taco seasoning and beef slices and toss to coat.
2. Warm 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add pepper slices; cook 4 minutes, until softened and lightly charred, stirring often. Add beef slices and cook to warm through, stirring.
3. Place lettuce, tomatoes, and onion in a large serving bowl. Toss with remaining teaspoon olive oil and lime juice. Top salad with warm beef-and-pepper mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Serve immediately (with tortillas, if you're in Phase 2 or 3).

Nutritional Information:
270 calories
11 g total fat (3.5 g sat)
70 mg cholesterol
12 g carbohydrate
28 g protein
3 g fiber
270 mg sodium
Old 01-16-2008, 06:15 AM   #249
Blabbermouth!!!

BillSears Paramasian Tilipia

I think this can be tweaked to be SB friendly.

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
salt (I use seasoned salt)
2 lbs tilapia fillets

1. Set oven to broiler heat.
2. Grease a broiler pan, then line with foil and grease the foil slightly.
3. In a small bowl mix together Parmesan cheese, butter, mayo, lemon juice and garlic.
4. Add in all the remaining seasonings and salt if using; mix well and set aside.
5. Arrange the fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan (you sprinkle salt on fish but it is not necessary).
6. Broil a few inches from the heat for about 2-3 minutes.
7. Turn the fish over and broil a couple minutes more.
8. Remove from oven and cover them with the Parmesan mixture on the top side only.
9. Return to oven and broil for about 2 minutes more or until the topping is browned and the fish flakes easily (do not overcook the fish!).
Old 01-24-2008, 03:08 PM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stellamystar
Stats: 208/192.8
WOE: Portion Control! Plants! Yoga!
Start Date: Jan 2010
Mung Bean Soup

Need some Flavor? Eat this! (adopted from wellfed.typepad.com who adopted it from the Whole Foods Cookbook)

Mung Bean Soup
INGRENDIENTS
1 cup dried mung beans, washed and rinsed
5 cups chicken stock or Veg stock
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
4 teaspoons canola oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 or 3 large tomatoes, chopped
a 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
2 or 3 serrano peppers, very thinly sliced (do not remove the seeds) - I used chilli powder - 1/2 tsp or to taste
2 medium or 1 large chicken breast, roasted and shredded
1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
salt to taste - 1 tsp is good
juice of 1 lemon
optional - 1 can cocount milk - I left it out for fat reasons
METHOD
Place the mung beans in a pot with the 5 cups of stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until beans are tender. (Do not boil. I cannot stress this enough. Just a gentle simmer. The recipe says to cook the beans for about 40 minutes, but mine were done in about 25. But this is likely because I cooked them at too high a temperature, and as such my beans were not tender so much as they were mushy. Not that it affects the flavor, but I would think the soup would have been better if the beans were a little firmer.)

Meanwhile, combine the turmeric, cumin, curry powder, and garam masala and set aside. Add a bit of water to make paste (prevents burned spices)

Then in a large soup pot, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onions until soft. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the garlic, tomatoes, and the ginger. Saute for a minute or so. If things are getting almost burned, add a splash of water.

Add the combined spices and the sliced serrano pepper (again, I used chili powder) and saute for another minute. Next add the beans and their cooking liquid to the pot with the vegetables and spices. Add the coconut milk and the chicken breast, if using. You might need to add another cup ot two of water, if the soup seems a little thick. Simmer the soup uncovered for 15 minutes.

I added chopped cilantro and a dollop of FF yogurt.

Serves 4-6

mung beans are also called moong beans - they are smaller than peas and are green!
You can buy in bulk at Whole Foods, Asian markets, or big grocers.

Last edited by stellamystar; 01-24-2008 at 03:11 PM..
stellamystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:01 PM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Vegetable Korma - South Beach style

This recipe was adapted from Manjula's Kitchen on YouTube. I have made some alterations to make it low-carb/South Beach friendly. It is so satisfying and you will really love it! Indian cooking doesn't have to be hard - it just takes practice!

1 Cup Frozen or Fresh Green Beans
1-2 Cups Cauliflower
1/2 cup tomatoes (optional), 1/4 cup cilantro, garnish
1 Tablespoon Ginger Root , grated or chopped finely
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 Tablespoon Coriander
1/2 tsp Mango Powder (optional, if you cannot find it, it's okay)
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 bay leaves
1/2 block (or 1/4-1/2 lb of paneer - Indian block, firm cheese) Cut into cubes.
1 cup 1% milk
3 TB canola oil + 1 TB canola oil

I highly recommend getting all of these ingredients out & measured before you begin. Once you start, things move quickly. I also recommend watching Manjula on her YouTube site to see how she does it! Search Manjula's Kitchen.

Heat 3 TB Canola Oil into a wide, deep non-stick pan on about medium heat. I have a 12 incher. Make the oil shimmer and you are ready to go.

Take the coriander, ginger, red chili powder and mix together with 1 TB water - make a paste so the spices won't burn. Set this aside for a moment.

Take the Cumin and the 2 bay leaves and put them into the hot oil. Watch out - it will sizzle. Stir til oil & cumin is mixed well. Now, add in your spice "paste." Again, the water added will "pop" with oil - watch out a bit.
Mix well. You are cooking your spices! This is what makes it fabulous.

Add your vegetables and mix w/ spice mix. Cover for about 4 minutes. If using frozen, leave about 6 minutes or so.

While you are waiting, take a small non-stick frying pan and heat 1 tablespoon canola oil into it. Get it shimmery warm. Now, add the paneer to only get ir crispy brown. Not dark brown. Turn & flip so they don't burn. Set aside on a plate when done.

Back to the korma, add 3/4 cup of the milk and the salt. Let simmer. Because we are low carb and not using cornstarch, leave the lid off to let the water come off a bit. If you are impatient, add 1 tablespoon flour and mix it really well.

Now, add the crispy paneer. If you want more "sauce" add the additional 1/4 cup of milk. Otherwise, you can leave it out. I like sauce!
Let simmer some more. Now, add the garam masala & the mango powder. Stir and let simmer.

Now, sprinkle cilantro & tomato - enjoy! If it's too spicy for you, add a dollop of FF yogurt and some cucumbers to help cool down.

You can add other vegetbales such as peas, corn, or even sweet potato but this is the low, low carb version.

Serves 4 side dishes or 2 main dishes.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:58 PM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Mexican Style Pickled Vegetables

Serve in place of chips! Addictive. From Saveur.com

3⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
12 cloves garlic, peeled
1 medium yellow onion, peeled and cut into wedges
4 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally (omit if Phase I and use more cauliflower or zucchini)
1 tsp. whole black peppercorns
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried marjoram
8 bay leaves
Salt
1 head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
4 fresh jalapeños, seeded and chopped
1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
3 medium zucchini, sliced diagonally
1 1-lb. jicama, peeled and cut into 3⁄4" dice

1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot but not smoking, add garlic and onions and sauté 3 minutes, stirring constantly.

2. Lower heat to medium and add carrots, peppercorns, thyme, oregano, marjoram, and bay leaves. Cover and cook 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt.

3. Add cauliflower, jalapeños, vinegar, and 1 cup water. Stir well, cover, and continue to cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.

4. Add zucchini and jicama. Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes. Vegetables should remain crunchy, so do not overcook.

5. Remove from heat and discard bay leaves. Cover and refrigerate, preferably overnight. Serve at room temperature. Store in sealed container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:20 PM   #253
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
I misplaced my South Beach book and they had a wonderful little desert recipe on Phase I. I think it had Ricotta cheese, Splenda, and Unsweetened cocoa. Does anyone know this recipe? Thanks!
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:54 AM   #254

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoraJR72 View Post
I misplaced my South Beach book and they had a wonderful little desert recipe on Phase I. I think it had Ricotta cheese, Splenda, and Unsweetened cocoa. Does anyone know this recipe? Thanks!
In general, the ricotta desserts use:

1/2 c. ricotta

1/4 vanilla

1 pkg sugar substitute

then whatever you want to add. The chocolate recipe only calls for 1/2 tsp. cocoa. We add more.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:50 AM   #255
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
In general, the ricotta desserts use:

1/2 c. ricotta

1/4 vanilla

1 pkg sugar substitute

then whatever you want to add. The chocolate recipe only calls for 1/2 tsp. cocoa. We add more.
Thanks, Rose!
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #256
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: iris43
WOE: South Beach (IBS adapted)
Start Date: Jan 16, 2008
Easy Ratatouille for Slow Cooker

olive oil
2 yellow onions, chopped
4 small zucchini, cut 1/2" thick
1 large eggplant (unpeeled, cut 1/2" thick)
5 large tomatoes, cut, seeded (or use one large can of chopped tomatoes)
1 green bellpepper, seeded, chopped
1 red bellpepper, seeded, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I use fresh but you can use the jarred minced kind, like Christopher Ranch)
salt, pepper

Sauté onions until soft. Add zucchini, eggplant, sauté about 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, bellpeppers, garlic. Put mixture into slowcooker and simmer on low 3-4 hours or until done. (Will hold a lot longer though)
Drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper, serve. (This is great over pasta or rice or served with focaccia for people who are eating starches.)
iris43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:59 PM   #257

Delicious. Come join us in the daily thread.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Indian "Butter" Chicken

INGREDIENTS

* 1 tablespoon peanut or canola oil
* 1 shallot, finely chopped (or more onion)
* 1/4 white onion, chopped
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 teaspoons lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
* 1 teaspoon garam masala
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 bay leaf
* 1/4 cup plain yogurt (FF, Greek if u have, otherwise, drain if time allows)
* 1 cup milk
* 1 cup tomato puree or tomato crushed
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
* 1 pinch salt
* 1 pinch black pepper
* 1 pound cooked boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces (I roasted the chicken at 375 for about 30 minutes). Also, add 1 cup cauliflower if you like.

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Saute shallot and onion until soft and translucent. Stir in butter, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, 1 teaspoon garam masala, chili powder, cumin and bay leaf. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomato sauce, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in milk and yogurt. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with salt pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Cook the chicken if you have not already! Add bite sized chicken to the sauce.
3. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until thickened uncovered. If too thin, you can add some ground almonds to thicken it. This is actually a traditional Indian way of thickening sauces - no flour or cornstarch needed.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:53 AM   #259
Blabbermouth!!!

Cola Barbecue Chicken

Quote:
Cola Barbecue Chicken
Submitted by Aquaciser Jane (Janeasinme)

Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup catsup (There is a recipe for lowcarb catsup on the newbie site under must have recipes if you would like to try that)
12 oz. can diet cola (best if you use diet rite!)

Put chicken in nonstick skillet. I usually brown my chicken a little first before pouring the catsup and diet cola over the top. . Bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and cook for 45 minutes. Uncover, turn up the heat and continue cooking until the sauce becomes thick and adheres to the chicken. It turns into the most incredible BBQ sauce.
I made this last night and everyone loved it.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:10 PM   #260

Oatmeal bars
2 c.oatmeal
2 c. fat free dry milk
2 c. mashed bananas ( or applesauce )
1 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1 scoop protein powder
some dried fruit ( cranberries, raisins, blueberries, chopped apricots, whatever )
some chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350F. Mix all ingredients together. Spray a 9 x 13 glass pan and line with parchment paper. Bake for 25-30 mins. or until done. Cut into bars and wrap individually and freeze the extras. You can plop it out on a cookie sheet and make cookies. Bake 15-20 mins or until golden brown on the edges.

(If the dough seems a little dry, add a little more applesauce.)

~*~*~Proud Knitter For~*~*~
The Ships Project- Supporting America's Troops
Deployed in the War on Terror-
One stitch at a time!
http://www.theshipsproject.com
]
Old 03-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #261
Blabbermouth!!!

recipe I got via email from the SB Daily Dish:
Quote:
Oat Smoothie (Phases 2 and 3)
2 servings
Ingredients
1 1/4 cups strawberries, halved
1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
1/4 teaspoon sugar substitute
2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1 1/2 tablespoons oat bran
1 tablespoon sugar-free pancake syrup
1/4 cup ice cubes

Instructions
In a blender or food processor, combine the strawberries, yogurt, sugar substitute, dry milk, walnuts, oat bran, syrup, and ice cubes. Blend until smooth and frothy.

Nutritional Information:
130 calories
6 g total fat (0.5 g sat)
0 mg cholesterol
19 g carbohydrate
7 g protein
3 g fiber
70 mg sodium
Old 03-17-2008, 09:45 AM   #262
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
I posted this in the weekly checkin, but thought I should add it here as well. Sorry for any duplication! This is Phase 2, due to the wine in the recipe.

Baked Shrimp with Feta Cheese

(this is adapted to be SB friendly from an old Bon Appetit recipe)

2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (you can buy them frozen, uncooked but already cleaned - leave tails on. When making for company, I use the 16 to 20 count shrimp, when just for us, I use the 21 to 25 - saves $$)

3 15-oz cans diced tomatoes, lightly drained (or use 45 oz. whole tomatoes and chop into cubes)
3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 teas dried oregano (or 1 TB fresh) (or for shortcut - used diced tomatoes with garlic and oregano already added!)
1/4 teas red pepper flakes
3/4 cup dry vermouth or any dry white wine

4 oz Reduced fat feta cheese

- Saute shrimp using cooking spray in large skillet on med. high heat, until they turn pink and firm. Add garlic, cook until soft. Remove shrimp from pan, put in 9x13 casserole dish (coat with cooking spray.)
- Add vermouth to pan, stirring up any brown bits, etc. Cook until reduced by half. Add tomatoes and herbs to pan, cook for 5 minutes more. Arrange tomato mixture over shrimp, then sprinkle feta cheese on top.
- Can be made 1 day ahead, cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temp before baking.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 miuntes until cheese melts.

Very easy and very OP! I hope you enjoy it.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:22 AM   #263
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: amiga74
Stats: 167(1997)/147/
WOE: moderation/good stuff
Baked steel cut oats recipe??

I have heard about this, but cannot find a recipe via the search. Can anyone please help??
thanks soooo much!
amiga74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:44 AM   #264
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dallen2257
Veggie Quiche Cups

I loaned my South Beach book to a friend of mine and now I want to make the veggie quiche cups. Does anyone have the recipe handy? Thanks so much.
dallen2257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Doitforyou4
Stats: struggling....
WOE: pending
Start Date: Nov. 5, 2007
Vegetable Quiche Cups to Go

Vegetable Quiche Cups To Go

1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
1/4 cup diced onions
3 drops hot-pepper sauce (optional)

Microwave the spinach for 2 1/2 minutes on high. Drain the excess liquid. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.
Combine the egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, and spinach in a bowl. Mix well. Divide evenly among the muffin cups. Back at 350 degrees F for 20 mins, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Quiche cups can be frozen and reheated in the microwave. Any combination of appropriate vegetables and reduced-fat cheeses may be used

serves 6

Per serving: 77 cals, 9 g protein, 3 g carbs, 3 g fats, 2 g sat fat, 160 mg sodium, 10 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber

Pain is weakness leaving the body!

STAY MOTIVATED>> THINK OF YOUR GOALS!
Doitforyou4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:27 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Doitforyou4
Stats: struggling....
WOE: pending
Start Date: Nov. 5, 2007
Super-Chocolately Frozen Fudge Chip Freeze (Phase 2 & 3)

Super-Chocolately Frozen Fudge Chip Freeze

havent tried it yet but it sounds like it would be good. I would minus the reddi whip though!

ngredients:
One 25-calorie packet diet hot cocoa mix, dissolved in 4 oz. warm water
1 tbsp. sugar-free chocolate syrup
2 oz. light vanilla soymilk
3 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Splenda)
1 tbsp. semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
7 - 8 ice cubes OR 1 cup crushed ice
2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip

Directions:
Place cocoa mixture, chocolate syrup, sweetener, chocolate chips, soymilk and ice in a blender. Blend on high speed for 30 - 45 seconds. Pour into an attractive cup, and top with a little Fat Free Reddi-wip. Enjoy! MAKES 1 SERVING

Phase 2
Doitforyou4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #267
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
I keep trying and trying all these baked oatmeal recipes and still have found nothing that compares, for me, to the one I used to make when I was on Weight Watchers.....I found it and it IS SB Friendly! Here it is!

Baked Oatmeal

2 cups uncooked oatmeal
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 cup SPLENDA
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/2 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce (I use 2 snack size cups)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup fat-free skim milk

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350*.
Combine wet ingredients in a big bowl
Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl
Mix wet and dry ingredients together

Bake 40 mins in an 8 in deep dish round pan

Can also bake in a muffin pan and bake them for 20 mins.

Last edited by tinatina; 04-14-2008 at 04:50 PM..
Old 05-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #268
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmh123 View Post
Sorry Kelly, I forgot to post it! This is the recipe I use but I usually half the recipe and bake it in mini loafs..I get 6 of them. 1 loaf=1 serving. I put my notes in ().

South Beach Zucchini Bread (Phase II)

3 Eggs
1¾ Cups Splenda (I use less)
1 Cup Canola Oil (I use 1/2 cup of oil, 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce)
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
2½ Cups Shredded Zucchini - Firmly Packed
3 Cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (I used regular whole wheat and it turns out great)
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon

Optional – Add any/all as you prefer…
1 Cup Chopped Nuts
6oz (half package) Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

In a large bowl, beat together eggs, Splenda, oil, vanilla – several minutes until fluffy. Shred zucchini in a food processor using larger-sized shredding disk. (Hint: It isn’t necessary to peel the zucchini…leaving it on adds color and fiber) Stir zucchini into wet ingredients.

In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add dry sifted ingredients to wet ingredients – stir just to combine. Stir in any optional ingredients.

Spray pans with cooking spray and dust lightly with flour. Pour batter into prepared pans, and bake at 350 until toothpick comes out clean and top springs back to the touch. Don't overbake. Suggested times for different pans included below:

2 8x4-inch loaf pans – 50-60 minutes
1 Bundt pan – 50-60 minutes
14 4½ x 2½-inch mini loaf pans (my sister’s absolute favorite way to make this) – 25 minutes

NOTE: Dark-surfaced pans may require shorter baking times.

When done, remove from oven, and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes, then remove from pans and allow to cool completely.
NOTE: If using regular whole wheat flour instead of whole wheat pastry flour, sift ingredients twice to help lighten the texture.

This is very yummy!
Old 05-29-2008, 08:22 AM   #269
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
CANDIED NUTS
Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray
1 Large Egg White
1 1/2 tsp water
3/4 cup sugar substitute (Splenda recommended)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups assorted whole natural almonds, walnut halves, pecan halves

1) Preheat oven to 325
2) Cut a brown paper bag to size and use it to line a cookie sheet. Spray the top surface of the paper heavily with cooking spray
3) Whisk the egg white in a bowl until frothy. Add the water, sugar substitute, and cinnamon and whisk thoroughly
4) Add the nuts to the egg white mixture and toss to coat well
5) Spread the coated nuts in a single layer on the oil-coated paper and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and allow to cool before breaking apart.
6) Store the candied nuts in a sealed container (do not refrigerate)

Yield 12 servings, 1 1/2 ounces each, 2 grams net carbs per serving, prep 15 minutes, cook 25 minutes.
keep portion control in mind with these!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wendysmiling
Stats: 250/128 now 200/154/135 5'5"
Lemon Garlic Spaghetti w/ Roasted Red Pepper & Green Beans
Category: Main Dishes - Pasta

This recipe is suitable for: All Phases P1 (squash or zucchini instead of pasta)

Preparation Time: 5-10 mins minutes
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
-----------------------------------------------------

Whole wheat spaghetti
2 red peppers
A LOT of fresh green beans
1 Tbl minced garlic
1 lemon
extra virgin olive oil
sea salt
cracked pepper

Instructions:
-----------------------------------------------------

Put pasta water on to boil.
Steam the green breans for 5 minutes. Remove.
Cut the bell peppers into strips.
Coat the green beans and pepper strips in a little olive oil and garlic.
Place both on cookie sheet and broil until green beans are thin and browned. Remove.

Dressing: juce of 2 lemons, 2T olive oil, garlic, sea salt, pepper.

Mix green beans/peppers w/ hot spaghetti and toss with the lemon dressing. I added fresh squash ribbons during tossing (optional).