Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 04:20 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lilymo
Stats: 240/240/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Feb. 2011/Jan. 2014
Does anyone have the new book and willing to post the new cookie recipe I've heard about, "peanut butter and jelly cookies"? Heard they are awesome! tia
lilymo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2008, 06:53 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: batty
Stats: 194//140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 03/01/14 started again
3/4 cup granular sugar substitute
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup creamy trans fat-free peanut butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup sugar-free jam any flavor

Heat oven to 350 Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix sugar sub.,egg,and vanilla together with an electric mixer on low for 3 min.Add peanut butter and baking soda. Mix on med until dough comes together about 30 seconds.
Form dough 24(2-teaspoon)balls and place on the baking sheet 1 inch apart.Gently press your thumb into the center of each to make an indentation.Flll each indentation with 1/2 teaspoon jam.
Bake until lightly browned on the bottom,12 to 14 minutes.Let cookies cool briefly on the pan then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
makes 24( 2 per serving)
per serving:140 calories,11 grams fat,2.5g sat fat,6 g protein,7 g carbs,1g fiber,210 m sodium
There you go enjoy
Old 06-17-2008, 12:02 PM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you!! Sorry, I forgot I even posted this. Now I am going to make them this afternoon. Thank you Betty
Old 06-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Rut Roh! These cookies are VERY VERY yummy. I only got about 18, making mine about 1 1/2 inches in size. But they are a dangerous item.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:36 PM   #275
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilymo View Post
Rut Roh! These cookies are VERY VERY yummy. I only got about 18, making mine about 1 1/2 inches in size. But they are a dangerous item.

are they crumbly?

I peanut butter cookies!

Last edited by tinatina; 06-17-2008 at 12:39 PM..
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:39 PM   #276
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinatina View Post
are they crumbly?

I peanut butter cookies!
Do you mean you haven't made these before??? Cut the splenda to 1/2 c. and use Smuckers crunchy or the like and the all fruit type jam. Dee-licious!
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:50 AM   #277
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
Start Date: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Do you mean you haven't made these before??? Cut the splenda to 1/2 c. and use Smuckers crunchy or the like and the all fruit type jam. Dee-licious!
I made a different recipe. And they were super crumbley. You've talked me into trying these!
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:14 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nana Susie
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8-2-08
This is a great recipe for all phases of SB. I don't remember where I got this recipe from but my hat goes off to that person.

[COLOR="black"]Yummy Good Stuff[/COLOR]

2-3 zucchini cut into chunks (do not peel)

1/2 small onion chunked up

3 med. sized roma tomatoes cut up (or use drained canned ones)

1-2 lbs. of lean hamburger meat (the more meat the more it will serve)

salt and pepper to taste

Cook meat until brown. Drain and rinse meat. Add the rest of the ingredients to meat and cook until veggies are tender (about 10 min.)

Add 1.5 cups of Low fat mozz. cheese over top of mixture and cover. Turn heat off and let cheese melt.

You can really adjust this to how many you want to feed by how much meat and veggies you add. This is really good.....and healthy! Great for all the fresh veggies out this summer. Hubby says it's a keeper.
Nana Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:24 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Phase 2 and 3 recipe.

Wifezilla's Instant Blueberry Ice Cream
(Makes 2 servings)

Ingredients
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup heavy cream (I used NF Half and Half)
1 tsp lemon juice (I didn't even use this)
1 tbsp Da Vinci sugar-free simple syrup (I used the vanilla) and also I used 3 pkg. of Splenda

Substitution options: You can use packets of Splenda or Equal if you don't have any Da Vinci syrup. Try 2 of each (mixing sweeteners tends to lower aftertaste). You can also use frozen strawberries, but they must be cut in to smaller pieces. Whole frozen strawberries are too big and hard to mix/cut properly. You can partially thaw them and slice, but they must be mostly frozen for this method to work. You can also dice fresh fruit and freeze it. Just keep the chunks about blueberry-sized and it will work great.

Directions: Place ingredients in a food processor with a chopping blade (mine is an old Black & Decker ShortCut). Pulse for a few seconds until heavy cream & blueberries turn in to nice, creamy, soft serve looking mix (you can also use a blender, but you have to mix & pulse repeatedly to get it evenly whipped). You can set it a bit more by placing in the freezer, but honestly, it seldom makes it that far.

I made this last evening and served it over a small slice of Bean brownie. It was like soft serve ice cream! I think I will even give it a shot with using my frozen bananas by just cutting them into chunks.
I wish we could post pictures. It looked so good and tasted even better.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

This is a soup that you can use on Phase 1-3. It is quick and simple. It's wonderful!!!

South Beach Taco Soup Recipe
This taste very good topped with shredded 2% cheddar, a dollop of plain yogurt, and avocado slices. Even non-dieters will enjoy this thick and hearty soup. NOTE: To stay true to South Beach be sure and buy canned kidney beans with no added sugar and taco seasoning that is South Beach approved.
40 min | 10 min prep | SERVES 6

1/2 lb extra lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 1/2 cups water
1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, with liquid
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons taco seasoning ( recipe below)
2% cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
plain yogurt (optional)
avocados, slices (optional)

Cook ground beef and onion in medium saucepan over medium heat until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain.
Mix in water, tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Serve topped with cheese, yogurt and avocado slices if desired.

Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
10 min. prep time

6 tsp. chili powder
5 tsp. paprika
4 1/2 tsp. cumin
2 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
3 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients together, and mix well.
This recipe comes from "Dancer". Thanks Dancer!
Old 06-22-2008, 09:55 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

This comes out of the NEW SB book. It is SO good!

Creamy Chicken Florentine Soup
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook Time 25 minutes

1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced (I used the chopped kind in a jar)
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
2 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes.*
1 (10-ounce) package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
2 ounces reduced-fat-cream cheese, cubed
3 cups lower-sodium chicken broth

In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add
onion, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 7 minutes. Add chicken and spinach; stir for 1 minute.
Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Add broth, bring to a simmer, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Makes 4 (1 1/4 cups) servings 197 calories 7 g fat

* I used chicken breast pieces because this is what I had on hand. I also cooked the chicken in with the onion and garlic....waiting until it was almost done to put the garlic in. I just like seeing my chicken cooked before adding the other ingredients.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:28 PM   #282
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
BLT Stuffed Tomatoes

BLT Stuffed Tomatoes - Good on any phase, if you use turkey bacon!

1/2 lb bacon (OK, I usually use turkey bacon, but for this I used Oscar Mayer center cut - 30% less fat than regular bacon.)
1 pound cherry tomatoes
salt
4 scallions (green onions), rinsed well and minced
1/2 cup low-fat mayo

Using a small knife, cut a thin slice from the bottom of each tomato. (The stem end becomes the base for the stuffed tomato.) Scoop out the seeds and any tough membrane (Yes, this is a pain to do, but it's not that bad )
Lightly salt and then drain (as long as overnight) on paper towels at room temp.

Meanwhile, cook the bacon over med heat until pretty well done. Crumble into small bits. Then combine in small bowl with scallions and mayo. Stuff into tomatoes, refrigerate for up to 2 hours.

FYI. Stuffed tomatoes are also great with guacamole or with a crab filling.

2014 Running Miles: 328
2014 Walking Miles: 278
2014 Biking Miles: 456
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:37 PM   #283
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Artichoke Hearts Wrapped in Proscuitto

Artichoke Hearts Wrapped in Proscuitto - Good for all Phases (unless you follow my tip below, than only good for Phases 2 and 3)

28 oz Artichoke Halves or Quarters, drained
4 oz proscuitto, divided
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teas thyme
1/2 teas orange zest (the outside rind of the orange, lightly peeled and minced)

Wrap each artichoke heart in a piece of the proscuitto, fasten with a toothpick. In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, thyme and orange zest. Pour over the artichokes, and marinate from 2 hours to overnight.

(Tip, I actually add in the juice from the orange I get the zest from - it makes it less SB friendly, but gives some added flavor. If marinating overnight, I leave a little bit of the marinade at room temp to add over top the next day to ensure they don't get dried out.)
Old 06-23-2008, 12:46 PM   #284
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Roasted Red Pepper Pesto

Roasted Red Pepper Pesto - Good for all phases, just don't eat it all yourself because you'd be over your daily nut allowance

1 7 oz jar roasted red peppers (not in oil)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
6 TB olive oil
3 TB balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove
1/2 teas dried mustard
pinch of cinnamon
3 oz slivered almonds

Put all ingredients in food processor (except almonds) and process until smooth. Add almonds and process until finely chopped, but not smooth. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Chill in fridge, bring to room temp before serving.

Note: If you don't have a food processor, you could definitely do this in a blender.

This makes a ton. I served with grilled chicken skewers (marinated in balsamic vinaigrette) and whole grain chips. (OK, I didn't eat the chips, but people raved about them.) It's good with grilled fish too.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:09 AM   #285
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sweet Potato Salad with Chili-Lime Dressing

Sweet Potato Salad with Chili-Lime Dressing Phase 2 friendly!!

3 lbs Sweet Potatoes (I used Yams actually), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 TB fresh lime juice
2 teas chili powder
1 teas ground cumin
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
1 red bell pepper, diced (very small - about 1/4 inch)
4 scallions, chopped

Roast sweet potatoes on cookie sheet (I put foil down first and then sprayed olive oil on the foil, then on the potatoes) in oven on 400 degrees for about 10 mins. The potatoes should be soft and brown, but not mushy - watch them carefully. Cool for about 10 mins on counter then put in fridge for about 30 mins (or longer) until completely chilled. This will help the potatoes stay firm.

While potatoes are cooking, make dressing. Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, salt and pepper. Leave at room temp until ready to use.

Combine red pepper, scallions and dressing with potatoes. Can be served chilled or at room temp.

Serves about 10 to 12.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:13 AM   #286
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Peach, Tomato, Vidalia Onion Salad with Creamy Lemon Chive Vinaigrette

Peach, Tomato, Vidalia Onion Salad with Creamy Lemon Chive Vinaigrette Phase 2 friendly!!

2 large peaches, washed thoroughly to rub off fuzz, halved and then thinly sliced
2 large tomatoes, halved and sliced
1/2 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
12 cups Spring Mix (or any kind of baby greens, etc.)

2 TB fresh lemon juice (divided)
6 TB extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 TB heavy cream (I definitely think you could use something lighter in place of this to make it creamy, but I did use the heavy cream since it was a small amount)
1/3 cup chopped fresh chives (from my garden!)

Toss peaches with 1 TB of lemon juice (it keeps them from turning brown).

Whisk remaining 1 TB lemon juice and olive oil in small bowl. Whisk in cream, then chives. Season with salt and pepper.

Toss together peaches, tomatoes, onions, spring mix with dressing. Serve immediately.

(If making ahead, slice peaches and toss with lemon, slice tomatoes, onions and keep separate. Make dressing and refrigerate. Then toss salad together right before serving.)

Serves 6 to 8.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NenaP
Start Date: March 1st 2008
Posting the Bean Salad Recipe:

Apple Box Bean Salad:

2 cans of dark red kidney beans
2 apples cored and chopped
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4 chopped celery
1/4 cup of mild chili's
3 tbsp EVOO
3 tbsp white wine vinegar ( i use way more)
1 tbsp chili powder ( i use more)
1/4 tsp salt
NenaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:37 AM   #288
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Grilled Eggplant Soup

I'm posting this Grilled Eggplant Soup, which is adapted from Elizabeth Terry's Savannah Seasons cookbook. (She owns Elizabeth's on 37th in Savannah, awesome food!!)

Grilled Eggplant Soup - Good for all Phases, serves 6

1 large Vidalia Onion, sliced thickly
2 eggplants, peeled and sliced
2 TB chopped garlic
2 bay leaves
1 can chopped green chilis
2 14-oz cans diced tomatoes, in their juice
3 cups low salt chicken broth (or vegetable broth if making vegetarian)
1 teas ground cumin
2 TB fresh thyme (if you can't find fresh, only use about 2 teas of dried, but I have thyme in my garden!)
1 TB red wine vinegar (or more to taste)
salt and pepper to taste

Optional: I put about a teas. of low fat sour cream and a drip of olive oil as a garnish in each bowl.

Spray onions and eggplant with olive oil spray (alternatively you can brush with olive oil, but the spray is easier!) Grill (or Broil) until soft and golden (do not char, if possible).

In soup pot, combine onion, eggplant, garlic, bay leaves, chilis, tomatoes, broth and cumin. Over med. heat, simmer uncovered for about 20 mins. Remove bay leaves, stir in thyme, vinegar, salt and pepper.

I use an immersion blender to puree the soup right in the pot. (It is the handiest gadget, I highly recommend getting one!!) However, you can also use your blender or food processor to puree in batches.

This soup can be made as many as 2 days ahead, keep refrigerated. It actually gets better sitting overnight, so I recommend making at least 1 day ahead. Re-heat and serve with the sour cream garnish, if you wish.

Enjoy!!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:52 AM   #289
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Broccoli Salad

Broccoli Salad Good for all Phases

1 head broccoli, cut up in small florets (no bigger than 1/2 inch pieces)
3 strips turkey bacon, cooked crisp (I use the Jennie-O very lean bacon, only .5 grams of fat per slice)
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup grated (shredded) reduced fat cheddar cheese (or cheddar mix)

Dressing

1/2 cup mayo
3 TB red wine vinegar
1 packet splenda

- Mix dressing first in large bowl, then add dry ingredients. Let sit for 4 hours (or more) for flavors to set.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #290
Lounge Chef & Typo Queen!!

Gallery: SnowWhite
Stats: 450/ Ugh/185
Start Date: 5/26/03 * WLS 1/15/04
Parmesan Eggs & Steak w/ Garbanzo Beans, Tomato & Spinach
All Phases

1) season a large piece of steak (I had sirloin - enough for 5 servings). I used olive oil, garlic powder and onion powder, salt & pepper. Let it sit for a while then pan sear in EVOO. Set aside to cool.

2) Sautee fresh minced garlic & onions in EVOO. Add 1 can of garbanzo beans, some pureed tomato and petite diced tomato as well as a 10 oz box of spinach. Allow to simmer til all is cooked. Add parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes

3) fry eggs or egg whites as usual. Sprinkle w/ s & p, and parmesan cheese

4) You can either cut the beef into strips and place ontop of your eggs or serve it as a petite steak on the side. Pour the garbanzo, tomato and spinach mixture over the egg. Add exra parmesan cheese & red pepper flakes.
2003 - (443lbs to 429lbs) 14 lost, 2004 - (429 lbs to 306lbs) 123 lb lost (WLS 1/15/04), 2005 - (306lbs to 260lbs) 46 lbs lost, 2006 - (260lbs to 236lbs) 23 lbs lost, 2007 - 21 LB GAIN (236 (AFTER HAVING BABY) - 257 ) 2008- (257 to 231) 25 lbs lost!), 2009 -(231 -?)
<>< Dear Sweet Jesus, I pray that I may walk by your side as you guide me down my path. Hold my hand, Dear Lord, and never let me stray. <><
SnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:56 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bird0705
Wow! so much information, thank you!
bird0705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #292
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post

SnowWhite's Mexican Bean Bread (Mock Mexican Cornbread)
All Phases

Makes 12 muffins

1 can white beans (drain & rinse)
3 eggs
1 T. oil
2 tsp. Parkay (0 cal) spray butter (just unscrew the top and pour into measuring spoon)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/3 c. almond flour
1/4 c. reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 large pickled jalapeno
1/8 tsp (or more if desired) red pepper flakes
1 & 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. dried chives
3/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 12 ct muffin tin with butter spray (or use nonstick). Pour all ingredients into food processor and blend for about 2 minutes. Pour batter evenly (about 1/3 of the way) into muffin tin. Sprinkle the tops of each with about 1 tsp. additional shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.

These are soooooo good!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:12 AM   #293

SnowWhite’s Fall Sage Bread (or muffins)
ALL PHASES OF SOUTHBEACH

Tastes just like stuffing!

1/3 c. + 1T. thinly sliced celery
¼ c. sliced green onion
¼ c. jicama cut in small dice
1 (15 oz) can white beans drained and rinsed
2 eggs
1 T. dry minced onion
1 + ½ tsp. poultry seasoning
¾ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. sage
1 tsp. splenda
3 T. instant nonfat dry milk
1 T. olive oil
¼ c. almond flour
2 tsp. Parkay 0 cal butter spray (unscrew cap and pour into measuring spoon)
1 tsp. baking powder

Preheat oven to 340 (if using a dark pan) or 350 (if using a glass pan).

Spray an 8x8 or 9x6 pan or muffin pan with butter flavor nonstick OR grease lightly w/ butter or oil.

Spray small skillet with butter flavor nonstick spray. Add the celery, green onion and jicama. Cook til tender. Set aside.

Combine remaining ingredients into food processor and blend for about 1-2 minutes. Gently stir in the cooked & cooled celery mixture. Pour the batter into pan of your choice. Bake for 30-40 minutes.

This should make 12 muffins or an 8x8 or 9x6 pan of delicious fall goodness!

Last edited by SnowWhite; 09-15-2008 at 11:14 AM..
Old 09-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #294
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
SNOW WHITE! Are you serious? Tastes like stuffing? I love stuffing; made it last year with whole wheat bread!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #295

Tastes like stuffing! Seriously! My family is eating right now and they loooovvvveeeddd it

I made mine out of whole wheat too last year. I'm thinking that I can make the muffins this year instead
Old 09-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mac24312
Stats: 250/130/140
WOE: Stella Style/My OWN LC WOL ;]/Maintenance
Start Date: October 07 2006 Over 6 years on Atkins ;]
Subbing..great SBD recipes here...want to start SBD because I am in maintenance with Atkins Inductions..

HUGS!
mac24312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #297
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jamaican Jerk Sauce

Jamaican Jerk Sauce Good for all Phases!

2/3 cup chopped green onion (I grow fresh chives in my garden, so I often subsitute them instead)
3 TB olive oil
3 TB low-salt soy sauce
1 TB dried thyme
1 TB chili powder
1 tsp dried ginger
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/3 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 teas ground allspice

(This makes enough sauce for about 1.5 lbs of chicken, maybe even more. I realize it looks like a lot of ingredients, but don't stress over it. Use the herbs you have, skip what you don't have. It will taste fine regardless )

The easiest way to do this in a blender, although you can certainly do it in a bowl as well. Add all ingredients, except the green onions, into the blender and mix until smooth. Add green onions and blend until onions are chopped finely but still visible. (In other words, you want to see bits of green in the sauce.)

Pour over chicken or pork, marinate overnight and grill (or broil.)
Old 10-11-2008, 03:41 AM   #298
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Buwan
Stats: 306/283/150
Start Date: October 5th, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseWaddles View Post
All Phases

2 lb ground beef or turkey
1 onion
1 green pepper
2 (15 oz) cans crushed tomatos
1 can rotel
chili powder (I use about 1/3 cup, but we like it spicy )
crushed garlic --------------whatever amounts
crushed red pepper flakes/ you like
beans (I usually use 1 can red & 1 can kidney) rinsed & drained

Brown the meat, onion, & peppers, drain, & add to crockpot along w/ all the other ingredients (except beans). Turn on "LOW" & let cook all day. I add the beans 2 or 3 hours before time to eat.
I made this yesterday and it was fantastic!

Buwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:05 AM   #299
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HMO73
Stats: 147/144/125
Start Date: Oct. 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinatina View Post
here's another one that sounds good.

CREAMY HAM AND "POTATO" CASSEROLE
2 pounds frozen cauliflower
8 ounces cream cheese (we'd need LF)
1/4 cup sour cream (we'd need LF)
1 1/2 ounces green onion, chopped, 1 bunch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (we'd need LF)
12 ounces ham, diced, about 2 cups (boiled ham, I thought about canadian bacon)
Paprika or Spicy Seasoning Salt for garnish

Cook the cauliflower until very tender; drain well. Roughly cut the florets into small pieces, but keep them a bit chunky. Put them in a greased 2 1/2-3 quart casserole with a lid. Blend in the cream cheese, then stir in the sour cream, green onion, salt, pepper, cheese and ham. Mix well. Adjust the seasoning if necessary. Go easy on the salt because the ham is salty. Sprinkle the top with paprika or Spicy Seasoning Salt. Cover and bake at 350º for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 20 minutes until browned and bubbly.

Makes 8 servings
Do not freeze

Per Serving: 335 Calories; 26g Fat; 19g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs

I made this for dinner last night and it was AWESOME!!!! After my family was happily enjoying it I let them know what was inside. My DH was impressed that it was a total SBD recipe. He seems to think its "lacking something" (his words) What would you add to it? Seemed great to me as it was....
HMO73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:15 AM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JUNEBUG2
Stats: 338/297/180--tight28w/24/16 5'8"
WOE: atkins
Start Date: april 24, 2006-new beginning 03/01
Its lacking cheese
JUNEBUG2 is offline   Reply With Quote