Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginmaschinot View Post
Hi Everyone...I am new to this SBD too...trying to stay positive and find some support to help me through this trying time in my life...
Come visit us in the February thread.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #182
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Patzt
Going to start today!!!
Patzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:34 AM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nikaokuhle

I just started the SBD and im only in my 3rd day, i am afraid to fail although in feeling good, no major cravings yet. I tried the Atkins diet before but it was not for me i think for some reason this one is better beacause you can have dairy.

Wish me luck guys cause I'm one of those people who'se normal diet had about 90-95% of Carbs. To just go on a diet like this is not easy.
nikaokuhle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikaokuhle View Post
I just started the SBD and im only in my 3rd day, i am afraid to fail although in feeling good, no major cravings yet. I tried the Atkins diet before but it was not for me i think for some reason this one is better beacause you can have dairy.

Wish me luck guys cause I'm one of those people who'se normal diet had about 90-95% of Carbs. To just go on a diet like this is not easy.
Hi there - Penny here. You will do fine. Do you have the book? If not, pick one up somewhere and really read the foods allowed on phase 1. I am in day 9 and I am down 7 pounds! And I didn't even stick that closely to p1 foods. (I cheated a little with a few p2 foods). Just know that there is all kinds of help here on the boards. Lots of us are experienced in South Beach, and we'll be glad to answer any of your questions. Hang in there.
Penny
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #185
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Can someone point me to the post # that has the most recent updated food list for the SBD?

I have the original book and I'm almost sure it's been updated since. I am also not sure which food list on this thread is the most updated and recent.

Thanks so much!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Can someone point me to the post # that has the most recent updated food list for the SBD?

I have the original book and I'm almost sure it's been updated since. I am also not sure which food list on this thread is the most updated and recent.

Thanks so much!
None of the sticky lists on this thread are up to date. They are really old. The lists can be a bit confusing, depending on which site you look on. Even the lists on the SB site get confusing. I use the list in the SB Supercharged book. It is the most detailed, I think. (For us old-timers, common sense plays into it, too.)
Old 06-05-2013, 05:12 AM   #187
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
None of the sticky lists on this thread are up to date. They are really old. The lists can be a bit confusing, depending on which site you look on. Even the lists on the SB site get confusing. I use the list in the SB Supercharged book. It is the most detailed, I think. (For us old-timers, common sense plays into it, too.)
Thanks for this info and I will look around on the SB site. I'm sure it's confusing, they always are and your advice to use common sense is the best advice I have gotten in a while!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #188
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: blueeyes
Stats: 240/215/175
WOE: South Beach, all the way! :-)
For those of you who are dealing with sugar cravings

Hello everyone! I'm new to the board but not new to the South Beach way of eating. I just wanted to start my postings with a little encouragement for those of you who are struggling with cravings or a sweet tooth. It's been scientifically proven that when you rid your body of refined sugars for at least 3 to 4 days, you should have a much easier time with cravings. Stick with phase 1 even though you may be craving sugar every five minutes. I promise you that after the first week you will absolutely stop craving those sugary snacks that you may be used to eating! You will find that your body will start telling you what it needs as far as nutrients. The cravings will absolutely go away if you stick to the phase 1 program and don't cheat, I promise! Just wanted to encourage those who are struggling with that initial part of the program where the cravings are incredibly painful! If you stick with the program, I promise you that this is not how you will be feeling for long! You will start to be in tune with your body, the cravings will go away, and your body will start telling you what nutrients it needs. It's an amazing feeling! Good luck, everyone!
blueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
Start Date: June 2013
New to South Beach

I have tried South Beach for only short periods of time. I am fast approaching 50 and I want to look and feel great. Need the support of others using South Beach. None of my summer clothes fit and it is depressing. Just starting today..bought all my groceries and I am preparing a few things for quick lunches. Not working out of the home for 3 months in the summer so I have no excuses not to focus on me.....
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
Start Date: June 2013
I too eat many carbs and am planning on reading the book again to motivate me. I have the 2003 book.
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
I have tried South Beach for only short periods of time. I am fast approaching 50 and I want to look and feel great. Need the support of others using South Beach. None of my summer clothes fit and it is depressing. Just starting today..bought all my groceries and I am preparing a few things for quick lunches. Not working out of the home for 3 months in the summer so I have no excuses not to focus on me.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
I too eat many carbs and am planning on reading the book again to motivate me. I have the 2003 book.
Come over and join us on the check-in/chit-chat thread. Lazy Days of Summer on the Beach
Old 06-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #192
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Wyliemom
Start Date: 6-18-2013
what can you have as a snack besides

sugar free jello, or pudding and cheese.
suggestions please. thanks
Wyliemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyliemom View Post
sugar free jello, or pudding and cheese.
suggestions please. thanks
Anything. Veggie sticks and hummus, snowpeas or broccoli dipped in salsa, cottage cheese, yogurt, deli meat roll-ups, a handful of grape tomatoes and a string cheese, 1/3 of an avocado and a spoon, a spoonful of tuna or egg salad, a boiled egg, a couple of bites of whatever is in the fridge. "Snacks" need to be real food that will keep your blood sugar even, think small amounts of protein and veggies.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gmomof7
Thanks to those who have posted what foods are allowed on phase 1. I have the older South Beach book that was written in 2003 but haven't started the diet yet. I hadn't realized there was an update. My daughter asked me tonight if I would go on it with her so I'm trying to get a grasp of it before starting because I don't want to fail the first day. I am a sugar addict. I love most things sweet. I only recently found out I like cheesecake and will miss them but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! I need to lose about 15 lbs but willpower is NOT my middle name! :-)
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #195
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SQUIRREL1S
what about popcorn for a filler in phase 1. won't do much for blood sugar evenness, but sometimes just need something to munch on. Good or Bad for phase 1? orville redenbachers 94%fat free kettle corn.
SQUIRREL1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUIRREL1S View Post
what about popcorn for a filler in phase 1. won't do much for blood sugar evenness, but sometimes just need something to munch on. Good or Bad for phase 1? orville redenbachers 94%fat free kettle corn.
No grain until phase 2. How about veggie sticks, celery and green pepper.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #197
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SQUIRREL1S
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
No grain until phase 2. How about veggie sticks, celery and green pepper.
bummer, already am doin the veggie sticks. lol. oh well just have to gut it out for two weeks. Thanks.
SQUIRREL1S is offline   Reply With Quote