Old 06-19-2017, 03:07 PM   #1
enemysugar
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: enemysugar
Stats: 278/183/160
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: January 25th 2017
What the Health on Netflix ?

OK, I just watched this on Netflix, I am totally and utterly confused... If The General Public is to believe what they are saying then what is left to eat that is safe ?
enemysugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2017, 06:17 PM   #2
Koala
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Koala
Stats: highest 213, starting March 187/168/159
WOE: Keto-esque
Start Date: March 2017
I couldn't get past the first five minutes....
Any good?
Old 06-20-2017, 04:37 AM   #3
Avocado
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Avocado
Stats: 270/221/202
WOE: LC: Sept 2016
Start Date: Nov 2015
Can you give us a synopsis?

226 225 224 . 223 222 221:220 219 218 . 217 216 215 214 213. 212 211 210 ... by Sept '17

Avocado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:04 AM   #4
enemysugar
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocado View Post
Can you give us a synopsis?
According to this show, all Meat is bad for your health, all Cheese and all Eggs and even all Fish. Some of the things they say are just disgusting such as Cheese is coagulated Cow Pus!!! According to all the doctors and health professionals they interviewed there are numerous studies to back all of this up. According to the show, the only way to save your life and your Immortal Soul and Our Planet is to become a Vegan. The Government is supposed to be behind a lot of this and the Money Machine that is Big Pharma, Agriculture, and the Food Industry are Making a fortune off of Killing all of us. The Cancer Society, the American Heart Association, Susan G Komen, American Diabetes Association all Promote eating Meat in a healthy lifestyle they are all lying to us because they all accept billions of dollars from the Food, Meat and Dairy Industries. With GMO'S in my Veg and Grains then Meat, Cheese and Dairy and Poultry and Fish Demonized What are we all Supposed to Eat
Old 06-20-2017, 05:11 AM   #5
Avocado
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Avocado
Stats: 270/221/202
WOE: LC: Sept 2016
Start Date: Nov 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemysugar View Post
According to this show, all Meat is bad for your health, all Cheese and all Eggs and even all Fish. Some of the things they say are just disgusting such as Cheese is coagulated Cow Pus!!! According to all the doctors and health professionals they interviewed there are numerous studies to back all of this up. According to the show, the only way to save your life and your Immortal Soul and Our Planet is to become a Vegan. The Government is supposed to be behind a lot of this and the Money Machine that is Big Pharma, Agriculture, and the Food Industry are Making a fortune off of Killing all of us. The Cancer Society, the American Heart Association, Susan G Komen, American Diabetes Association all Promote eating Meat in a healthy lifestyle they are all lying to us because they all accept billions of dollars from the Food, Meat and Dairy Industries. With GMO'S in my Veg and Grains then Meat, Cheese and Dairy and Poultry and Fish Demonized What are we all Supposed to Eat
Thanks. Well that won't work for us will it! Actually, I follow this this fairly hip couple on Instagram and amongst their travels, they post photos of their "fabulous" vegan food. It looks disgusting to me. All breads and grains and yellow looking stuff.

226 225 224 . 223 222 221:220 219 218 . 217 216 215 214 213. 212 211 210 ... by Sept '17

Avocado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:15 AM   #6
Koala
Senior LCF Member

there are so many vegan whole foods documentaries. like i love "may i be frank?' but i wonder if it is sustainable to eat raw food vegan.

i used to be be vegan because i thought it was more environmental and had less toxicity. but to be completely fair, i have never been so holistically healthy in my life on LCHF. i don't drink and smoke anymore so i bet i am a lot less toxic now!

meh...i guess it is all relevant and contextual. this is assuming we all don't know how to be conscious consumers and be omnivores. which is ridiculous!

Last edited by Koala; 06-20-2017 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: addition
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:19 AM   #7
Koala
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks. Well that won't work for us will it! Actually, I follow this this fairly hip couple on Instagram and amongst their travels, they post photos of their "fabulous" vegan food. It looks disgusting to me. All breads and grains and yellow looking stuff.
personally i love vegan/vegetarian foods. probably why i tend to be more whole food/paleo.

i think the documentaries that are pro-vegan also tend to think all meat eaters eat processed foods. which we don't! i know lots of french fry vegans who eat soy pizzas all the time. that stuff can be really processed too.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:25 AM   #8
enemysugar
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yep, I mean I cook for my family to and I will fix the occasional Pot of Beans or Lentils and Brown Rice but if I sat a Black Bean Burger or Tofu or a Mushroom Burger down in front of my husband and Sons they would start slipping Prozac in my Heavy Cream
Old 06-20-2017, 09:01 AM   #9
Koala
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yep, I mean I cook for my family to and I will fix the occasional Pot of Beans or Lentils and Brown Rice but if I sat a Black Bean Burger or Tofu or a Mushroom Burger down in front of my husband and Sons they would start slipping Prozac in my Heavy Cream
Prozac as a condiment?!
Old 06-20-2017, 09:08 AM   #10
enemysugar
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
Prozac as a condiment?!
Some day's it's worth thinking about.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:03 AM   #11
snowmop
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snowmop
Stats: 113/89/90 4' 10" 70 yrs old
WOE: atkins
Start Date: Long, long ago!
Quote:
Like!!!

My avatar is my bunny Chubbers!
snowmop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:32 PM   #12
battler
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: battler
I read that the director of this doco is a vegan.........
battler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:48 AM   #13
Koala
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
truth!
Old 06-23-2017, 07:42 AM   #14
afurrything
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: afurrything
Stats: 240/210/135 5'3"
Start Date: October 2015
Ok I am ten minutes in and I am

My 15 year old daughter has non alcoholic fatty liver disease. Diagnosed when she was 11. She has always been overweight.
She lived with her dad for the past few years but just moved back in with me the beginning of June.
She is in a study for childhood fatty liver disease and we had an appt on Monday and she has gained 25 lbs since her appt last year.
I talked to the doctors there about her starting low carb with me and they were all for it. Said it's the best way to eat. And when my daughter said low carb diet, one of the doctors said it's not a diet, it's changing your way of life, to which I said YES!

Anyway I was so happy they agreed with me about this way of eating.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:14 AM   #15
Sunshine11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshine11
Stats: 228/145/140
WOE: Adkins
Start Date: January 2013
There is so much food propaganda out there. Like a certain corn oil commercial that says corn oil is the healthiest. I've never seen a cold- pressed corn oil. WWII butter shortages have the biggest body to margerine, long proclaimed to be healthier l healthier than butter. I was a cardiovascular tech for 10 years. Most of that time they told heat patients not to eat butter that margerine was healthier. Regular butter in the dairy section isn't even close to what our great grandparents ate.
Sunshine11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:17 PM   #16
40winks
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 40winks
WOE: Low Carb
Quoting posts in this thread: "the Money Machine that is Big Pharma, Agriculture, and the Food Industry are Making a fortune off of Killing all of us." ... gmo's, corn oil, margarine, ... "There is so much food propaganda out there." I agree completely with the comments in this thread.

Not to mention the MSG hidden in our foods under about 30 different names, including "natural flavors" and "spices." Not to mention aspertame. Not to mention removing healthy iodine from our water and instead adding unhealthy fluoride. Not to mention a zillion other things our government allows.

I haven't seen What the Health but I've seen the documentaries GMO, OMG! and Genetic Roulette and they opened my eyes. We Americans are being fed sh*t which gives us poor health, infertility and early death. But hey, some very big industries are making some very big money off of this evil system.

Most of us American are completely on our own learning this truth and learning how to find our own way to health. Those who find a doctor who's low-carb friendly are very lucky, IMO. So many doctors know nothing about nutrition, which I consider the cornerstone of health.

2017: Jan 1, weighed 232. ... ... Mid June, 202. (32 pounds to goal)
Ancient History: 2002-3: Went from 263 to 184 on Atkins in 18 months.
40winks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:09 PM   #17
susan46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susan46
Stats: 256/220.5/150
WOE: High fat, low carb, moderate protein
Start Date: April 2016
Absolutely that was propaganda. Big money interests want us eating the grain crops and industrial seed oils. Big profits for Big Ag and later for Big Pharma when people get Type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

Two-thirds of people in this country are overweight and half of those are considered obese. I blame our food supply as it is now as well as many pharma drugs that cause weight gain.

Veganism can work for some people, no doubt, but my personal opinion is that humans were meant to eat animal protein for maximum strength and energy.

Also, people who are carb addicts could have a heck of a time eating only plant food which is practically all carbs. It sure didn't work for me; caused constant hunger and out-of-control eating. Only animal protein and fat satiate me.

I thought the ADA and AHA were still promoting the whole grain and low/no fat story. Has that changed? I have seen examples of ADA menus--toast, pancakes, cereals. can't remember what else right now.

Edited to add: I do occasionally eat beans (for the potassium).

Last edited by susan46; 06-23-2017 at 09:16 PM..
susan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:49 PM   #18
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Good fats, Plant base,calarie counting>1200
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi, I was reading all of your post and I see that one is from Collinsville,Ill.
Do u know{which I think u will Cahokia,Ill..?
I grew up there.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:34 AM   #19
afurrything
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: afurrything
Stats: 240/210/135 5'3"
Start Date: October 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
Hi, I was reading all of your post and I see that one is from Collinsville,Ill.
Do u know{which I think u will Cahokia,Ill..?
I grew up there.
That would be me

Cahokia is like a neighboring town!

I love this area of Illinois, all sort of like small town feel but I can get on the Metro and be in ST Louis in 30 minutes!
Old 06-25-2017, 07:35 AM   #20
Cinders411
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cinders411
Stats: 176/ Height 4"11
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart April 2017
Recently I had a couple of friends discussing this documentary and saying that processed carbs do not contribute to diabetes but, fat does. Guess they believe that all fats are bad fats. All meat is bad as well.
Cinders411 is offline   Reply With Quote