|03-27-2014, 04:48 PM||#1|
Major LCF Poster!
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: southern US
ridiculously easy coffee ice cream
Being a stubborn do-it-yourselfer, I've always thought it was cheating to eat commercial low-carb ice cream. But I just hadn't found the perfect mocha/coffee ice cream without sugar until now. Here goes:
• CarbSmart low carb chocolate (or vanilla) ice cream
• half 'n half
• freeze dried coffee crystals
for two servings:
1. heat 1/4 cup half 'n half until it just comes to a boil in the microwave
2. stir in 1 tsp coffee crystals and dissolve well
3. put into freezer just until ice crystals begin to form around the edges of the liquid
4. stir mixture into 1 cup of Breyer’s CarbSmart chocolate (or vanilla) ice cream.
Makes 2 servings @~5g carbs each
Note: adjust strength of coffee “cream” to your liking. But I didn’t have to tell you that, did I.
|03-27-2014, 05:51 PM||#2|
Senior LCF Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Jersey
WOE: Atkins (modified)
Start Date: April 2009
Just bought some CarbSmart chocolate ice cream today. May have to give this a try! Thanks.
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” (Lao Tzu)
As of today (3/29/10) I have lost 65 pounds!!! 35 more to go!