Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
Chocolate Rose
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 840
Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: February 2012
Costco - AAARRRGGHH & Yay...

I went to Costco today and it looks like they are no longer carrying Kerrygold butter. Not fair to get me hooked on it and then take it away. I checked the price at Albertson's. $3.99 for 8 ounces. I'm not willing to pay that. Has anyone tried Kirkland brand organic butter? How does it compare to Kerrygold?

Costco also had The Low Carb High Fat Cookbook by Sten Skaldeman that someone had mentioned. But, it took me a bit to find it. There were only a few copies left and they were buried under some Paleo books.

I'm always looking for new low carb stuff to try and today I found Salmon Bites in the frozen food area. They are 2 carbs per serving and are wild salmon with onion and peppers. I bought a box and will give them a try.

They also had triple cream brie.

And, they had Orange is the New Black book. I LOVE the show and didn't know it was based on a book.

I LOVE Costco (except I'm not happy about the Kerrygold situation).
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
momov2boys
Senior LCF Member
 
momov2boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 435
Gallery: momov2boys
Stats: 140/133/125
WOE: Low-Moderate Carbs :)
Start Date: (Restart) January, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Rose View Post
Costco also had The Low Carb High Fat Cookbook by Sten Skaldeman that someone had mentioned.
But, it took me a bit to find it. There were only a few copies left and they were buried under some Paleo books.
momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
cfine
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
cfine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,626
Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
My Walmart carries kerrygold butter. Have you checked around at other stores in your area?
__________________
Do or don't do, there is no try-Yoda

Dieting is hard;being fat is hard; choose your hard.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
adiasmc1
Senior LCF Member
 
adiasmc1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 175
Gallery: adiasmc1
Stats: 5'1" - 193/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
I thought the same, my costco didn't have it for a while, but then they got it back recently. So maybe it will come back so keep an eye out for it.

When it is there, I always buy a lot and stock up. Usually, I will buy the kirkland butter to use in cooking for things where I won't really taste it and then use the Kerrygold for things that I am more directly coming in contact with the flavor of it.

I have seen Kerrygold at Walmart as well, but it is more expensive than regular butter
__________________
Jen
adiasmc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
Chocolate Rose
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 840
Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by momov2boys View Post
That's right!! You were the one!! Sorry I couldn't remember.
Thanks!
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
Chocolate Rose
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 840
Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
My Walmart carries kerrygold butter. Have you checked around at other stores in your area?
Yes, Albertson's had it but it would be $8 a pound!!
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #7
Chocolate Rose
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 840
Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiasmc1 View Post
I thought the same, my costco didn't have it for a while, but then they got it back recently. So maybe it will come back so keep an eye out for it.

When it is there, I always buy a lot and stock up. Usually, I will buy the kirkland butter to use in cooking for things where I won't really taste it and then use the Kerrygold for things that I am more directly coming in contact with the flavor of it.

I have seen Kerrygold at Walmart as well, but it is more expensive than regular butter
Thanks! I'll keep checking back. They had 4 different Kirkland butters, so I just figured that Kerrygold was a goner.
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:34 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2015 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.