Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
annabird
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 53
Gallery: annabird
Newbie - what's a MD Day?

Hi all,

I am guessing it's a medium calorie day? I have seen posters mention a "MD day" and trying to learn all the new lingo. Thanks!
annabird is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
Yam-Yam
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 4,621
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabird View Post
Hi all,

I am guessing it's a medium calorie day? I have seen posters mention a "MD day" and trying to learn all the new lingo. Thanks!
Yep. You got it. Basically it's the average between your UD and DD. So, add the 2 and divide the total by 2. Easy-Peasy!!

And, as you probably surmised, we stick the MD in when we need to change rotation. Like, I needed today to be an UD. Sat. was a DD. So I made Sunday a MD to change the rotation. I need Wed. to be an UD as well so this is perfect for me this week.
__________________
Yam-Yam

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
Yam-Yam
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 4,621
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Oh, Anna. Dawn will probably pop in and confirm this. However, if you can swing it. Don't do any MDs until after your first 2 weeks. If you need to, you need to. But if you can just do straight and pure rotations of UD/DD you will have a better send off into the world of JUDD magic.
__________________
Yam-Yam

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
DD80
Major LCF Poster!
 
DD80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Desert Southwest
Posts: 1,266
Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Yep. You got it. Basically it's the average between your UD and DD. So, add the 2 and divide the total by 2. Easy-Peasy!!

And, as you probably surmised, we stick the MD in when we need to change rotation. Like, I needed today to be an UD. Sat. was a DD. So I made Sunday a MD to change the rotation. I need Wed. to be an UD as well so this is perfect for me this week.
That about sums it up!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
Yam-Yam
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 4,621
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
BTW!
__________________
Yam-Yam

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
KeirasMom
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,590
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/156.8/155
WOE: Back to JUDDD 1/5/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Oh, Anna. Dawn will probably pop in and confirm this. However, if you can swing it. Don't do any MDs until after your first 2 weeks. If you need to, you need to. But if you can just do straight and pure rotations of UD/DD you will have a better send off into the world of JUDD magic.
Exactly. I've been doing JUDDD for 3 1/2 months and have only used a MD once. Some people do fine with them, but it's recommended to make sure you get the full benefits of the SIRT1 going first just so you don't slow it down. That can be two weeks to a month from all I've read/seen here. They are a great tool, but not to be abused.
__________________
Dawn

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
Momto2boysNJ
Senior LCF Member
 
Momto2boysNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jersey Shore with the fist pumping guidos!
Posts: 512
Gallery: Momto2boysNJ
Stats: 2 be Physically Fit
WOE: LC for ME!
You'll see FD too, it means Free Day for those maintaining.
__________________
Susan
If I'm not here, I'm at the beach
Momto2boysNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:56 AM   #8
thomasina838
Senior LCF Member
 
thomasina838's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 142
Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Exactly. I've been doing JUDDD for 3 1/2 months and have only used a MD once. Some people do fine with them, but it's recommended to make sure you get the full benefits of the SIRT1 going first just so you don't slow it down. That can be two weeks to a month from all I've read/seen here. They are a great tool, but not to be abused.
i just did my first MD about 30 days into JUDDD to change my rotation. i did the MD then a DD and i have to say that i was beginning to feel the lack of food towards the end of that DD. i didnt eat and went to bed but i was up at 130am craving protein. tossed and tuned for an hour then got up; ate some protein and went back to sleep. am counting it as part of todays UD. i think if i do this again i will do the DD first followed by the MD. but i didnt have any overwhelming food impulses or anything like that. nor any actual hunger.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:35 AM   #9
lynnjp
Senior LCF Member
 
lynnjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 339
Gallery: lynnjp
Stats: 273/159/150
WOE: Just eating healthy as lilfe should be :)
Start Date: 4/28/2001
I am so impressed with how forgiving this plan is-it really does seem like something one could live the rest of your life with-that and the fact that the scale does move downward is an added bonus LOL!!
__________________
Lynn
61-5'4" 273/159/150 or size 8
114
114 Pounds gone!!!

Eating Healthy

Link to my photos
http://community.webshots.com/user/lynnjc
lynnjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #10
SoHappy
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,137
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasina838 View Post
i just did my first MD about 30 days into JUDDD to change my rotation. i did the MD then a DD and i have to say that i was beginning to feel the lack of food towards the end of that DD. i didnt eat and went to bed but i was up at 130am craving protein. tossed and tuned for an hour then got up; ate some protein and went back to sleep. am counting it as part of todays UD. i think if i do this again i will do the DD first followed by the MD. but i didnt have any overwhelming food impulses or anything like that. nor any actual hunger.
That's the order that most of us have found works most comfortably for us.

After a MD, having an entire following day with only DD calories begins to wear very thing!

But if you insert your MD after the DD, those calories are pretty satisfactory, and then the calories of the following UD gets you filled to the brim once again.

Sometimes you don't have enough notification of an upcoming occasion in time to arrange your *shuffle* the way you'd like, and then you just tough it out.
__________________
Best wishes, Pat
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2015 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.