Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
TyeRyann
Senior LCF Member
 
TyeRyann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 304
Gallery: TyeRyann
Stats: 210/194/140
WOE: Carb Conscious
Start Date: January 13, 2012
Panda Express - OUCH!

I was taken out to lunch this afternoon and asked where I wanted to go. Panda Express seemed like the safest bet, out of my options, so we went there. I got steamed veggies in place of rice or noodles, and a couple of non-sweet meat/veggie entree options - Kung Pao Chicken and Broccoli Beef. When I came home, I looked up the carb count for the whole meal. TWENTY ONE carbs. OUCH!

To be fair, it could have been a LOT worse. But, still.

This means dinner will need to be practically carb-free, and we're going out to dinner at a fish place, so I guess we'll see what happens. It's a nice place, so I'm hoping I'll find a simple pan-fried fish with a side of steamed veggies or something along those lines.

Lesson learned. This is totally why I don't like eating out. Today happens to be a rare exception!
__________________

Tye

Keep calm and SPARKLE
TyeRyann is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
randtbrown
Senior LCF Member
 
randtbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 185
Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyeRyann View Post
I was taken out to lunch this afternoon and asked where I wanted to go. Panda Express seemed like the safest bet, out of my options, so we went there. I got steamed veggies in place of rice or noodles, and a couple of non-sweet meat/veggie entree options - Kung Pao Chicken and Broccoli Beef. When I came home, I looked up the carb count for the whole meal. TWENTY ONE carbs. OUCH!

To be fair, it could have been a LOT worse. But, still.

This means dinner will need to be practically carb-free, and we're going out to dinner at a fish place, so I guess we'll see what happens. It's a nice place, so I'm hoping I'll find a simple pan-fried fish with a side of steamed veggies or something along those lines.

Lesson learned. This is totally why I don't like eating out. Today happens to be a rare exception!
I hate when that happens! I do meat/veggies, sauce on the side when I do Asian. I'm not sure if panda express would do that- but I'd try.

I have found I enjoy the chicken/veggies, no sauce. I made my own sauce with a little soy and hot mustard.
__________________
~Tarrah~
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
TyeRyann
Senior LCF Member
 
TyeRyann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 304
Gallery: TyeRyann
Stats: 210/194/140
WOE: Carb Conscious
Start Date: January 13, 2012
They have all their stuff already out and mixed in with the sauce, so getting it on the side seemed impossible. Ah well, like I said, it could have been way worse. I did choose two of the lower-carb things on the menu, so that's good!
__________________

Tye

Keep calm and SPARKLE
TyeRyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
Sammykatt
Junior LCF Member
 
Sammykatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 49
Gallery: Sammykatt
Stats: 186/168.8/150
WOE: I dont even know anymore
Now I want Panda Express =/

That's still not that bad. I would have totally broke down and just got the orange chicken (which I NEVER want to know how many carbs are in that!) so good job for still staying really low at Panda! thats gotta be a hard thing to do!
__________________
186 185 184 183 182 181 180
179 178 177 176 175 174 173 172 171 170
169 167 166 165 164 163 162 161 160
159 158 157 156 155 154 153 152 151 150
Sammykatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #5
randtbrown
Senior LCF Member
 
randtbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 185
Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyeRyann View Post
They have all their stuff already out and mixed in with the sauce, so getting it on the side seemed impossible. Ah well, like I said, it could have been way worse. I did choose two of the lower-carb things on the menu, so that's good!
Maybe you could ask them to make you
Fresh food- it has to come from the back kitchen somewhere!!! Now I'm on a mission to find out!
__________________
~Tarrah~
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
TyeRyann
Senior LCF Member
 
TyeRyann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 304
Gallery: TyeRyann
Stats: 210/194/140
WOE: Carb Conscious
Start Date: January 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammykatt View Post
Now I want Panda Express =/

That's still not that bad. I would have totally broke down and just got the orange chicken (which I NEVER want to know how many carbs are in that!) so good job for still staying really low at Panda! thats gotta be a hard thing to do!
I totally walked around for a few minutes trying to talk myself into something that would at least be *mostly* good to eat! HAH!

Orange chicken used to be my fav!
__________________

Tye

Keep calm and SPARKLE
TyeRyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
TyeRyann
Senior LCF Member
 
TyeRyann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 304
Gallery: TyeRyann
Stats: 210/194/140
WOE: Carb Conscious
Start Date: January 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by randtbrown View Post
Maybe you could ask them to make you
Fresh food- it has to come from the back kitchen somewhere!!! Now I'm on a mission to find out!
I'll have to find out next time I go! The lady did not seem at all shocked when I asked for veggies in place of rice or noodles, so maybe!
__________________

Tye

Keep calm and SPARKLE
TyeRyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #8
TyeRyann
Senior LCF Member
 
TyeRyann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 304
Gallery: TyeRyann
Stats: 210/194/140
WOE: Carb Conscious
Start Date: January 13, 2012
Ok, I didn't do as well with dinner out as I had hoped, but it's not the end of the world. I ended up at 41 net carbs for the day, about double what I normally eat, but still pretty low-carb overall. Funny enough, I'm only at 1470 calories! Argh!

Back on track tomorrow.
__________________

Tye

Keep calm and SPARKLE

Last edited by TyeRyann; 02-21-2012 at 10:45 PM..
TyeRyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #9
Zenngrl
Senior LCF Member
 
Zenngrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: I'm a Buckeye again!
Posts: 132
Gallery: Zenngrl
Stats: Tight 18/----/Comfy 12 is my goal! - 5'6
WOE: ESE
Start Date: 1/11/11
That plus all the MSG makes me hold water like a mofo. I only feel safe eating at japanese steakhouses, where I can see it's just meat and veggies. Especially if you tell them to leave the sauce off. I love asian food, but it's so complicated when try to eat LC!
__________________
Do or do not; there is no try. - Yoda

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." ~ Thomas Alva Edison
Zenngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2015 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.