Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
elainesmith
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elainesmith
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 2010
HELP need recipe for splenda quick pac sub

I read a while back that someone...I think Mike had a recipe for a sub for the popular splenda quick pac. It listed a "nano sweetener" and some clearly fiber stuff. Does anyone know where I can find this info?
elainesmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
Charcutier
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charcutier
Stats: 325/264.75/165
WOE: Atkins '72 Induction
Start Date: 1/1/11, Restart 8/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by elainesmith View Post
I read a while back that someone...I think Mike had a recipe for a sub for the popular splenda quick pac. It listed a "nano sweetener" and some clearly fiber stuff. Does anyone know where I can find this info?
Is this the thread you were looking for?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...ick-packs.html
Charcutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
elainesmith
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elainesmith
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 2010
That has lots of good info and I appreciate your help, but what am looking for was with this segment of your info.....Locarbman's ‘Splenda Quick Pack" homemade recipe.
do you know how I can find this info or him?
elainesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
Charcutier
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charcutier
Stats: 325/264.75/165
WOE: Atkins '72 Induction
Start Date: 1/1/11, Restart 8/27/12
Quote:
That has lots of good info and I appreciate your help, but what am looking for was with this segment of your info.....Locarbman's ‘Splenda Quick Pack" homemade recipe.
There's a link to locarbman's thread in the thread I linked above - I think he says p. 4 of the thread he links is where you'll find it.
Charcutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #5
locarbman
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: locarbman
Stats: 289/180/185
WOE: Atkins/Maintenance
Start Date: September 1998
Quote:
Hi Elaine,

Hope this helps ;-)

Post #8 of this thread using Sucralose powder:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...e-splenda.html

"I prefer to make my own Splenda with Fiber using Sucralose Powder and FoodScience of Vermont's Clearly Fiber and 'know' what it is made of... just Sucralose and Soluble Fiber...0 net carbs (11 calories per teaspoon for those who count ;-) no matter how much I use!

1 teaspoon Sucralose Powder + 12.5 Tablespoons of FoodScience of Vermont's "Clearly Fiber" (Digestive Resistant Maltodextrin) Powder = 12.5 Tablespoons "LCF Splenda Packet Dry Mix ;-)” where 1/16th teaspoon = 1 teaspoon sugar equivalence, 1/8th teaspoon = 2 teaspoons sugar equivalence (= 1 Splenda Packet) and 1 tablespoon = 48 teaspoons sugar equivalence (= 1 Splenda Quick Pack Packet ;-)

FoodScience of Vermont Clearly Fiber Description

Clearly Fiber™ a fiber supplement to support intestinal regularity, and maintenance of cholesterol, triglyceride, and blood sugar levels within normal ranges.

Clearly Fiber™ is a sugar-free, low calorie, all natural fiber product from digestion-resistant Maltodextrin.

Clearly Fiber™is different from other fiber products: no grit, no lumps, no flavor. It dissolves clearly in any cold or hot drink. It won't change the texture, taste or color of your favorite soft food or beverage. Add Clearly Fiber™ to water, coffee, soda, yogurt, applesauce, oatmeal, pudding, mashed potatoes, juice, and even sauces or soups. The possibilities are endless.

Clearly Fiber™ is an excellent source of fiber as well as a natural way to support proper bowel function, cholesterol levels, and healthy intestinal microflora.*

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 Teaspoons
Servings per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving% Daily Value
Calories 22*
Total Carbohydrate 5 g* 2%
Total Dietary Fiber 5 g* 20%
Soluble Fiber 5 g**
Digestion Resistant Maltodextrin (Fibersol-2-brand) 5.85*
*Daily value not established.
Free Of Citrus, egg, gluten, milk, sodium, soy, wheat, yeast, added sugars, starches, synthetic dyes, artificial flavorings and preservatives.

FoodScience of Vermont Clearly Fiber Directions
As a dietary supplement, mix 2 teaspoons (5.85 g) in any hot or cold liquid or food, 1-3 times daily."

Also from post #12:

If you are interested in making up a full bottle of Clearly Fiber at a time, I would pour it into a 4 cup measuring cup, add 1 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon + 1/8th teaspoon Sucralose powder (= 975 teaspoons sugar equivalence) and whisk for a couple of minutes (or use a blender ;-) and store it back into the bottle...be sure to lable it as prepared! ;-).

1 bottle Clearly Fiber (Net Wt. 176 grams (5.82 oz.) $6.80 on-line)
1 bottle Clearly Fiber = 60 teaspoons (30 (2) teaspoon servings)
1 bottle Clearly Fiber = 20 Tablespoons (60t/3t)
1 bottle Clearly Fiber = 1.6 (12.5) Tablespoon servings (20T/12.5T)
1 bottle Clearly Fiber requires 960 teaspoons sugar equivalence (1.6*600 teaspoons sugar equivalence per teaspoon Sucralose powder)
.....1 teaspoon Sucralose powder = 600 teaspoons sugar equivalence
.....1/2 teaspoon Sucralose powder = 300 teaspoons sugar equivalence
.....1/8th teaspoon Sucralose powder = 75 teaspoons sugar equivalence

1 bottle Clearly Fiber Sucralose blend = 1 and 1/4 cups blend (60t/48t)

And perhaps these entrys from my Blog using Sucralose or Neotame powder:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/bl...g-results.html

Make your own Splenda 'Quick Pack' Equivalents! ;-)

If you would enjoy making your own Splenda "Quick Pack" equivalents, you may find post #98, page 4 helpful...

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...splenda-4.html

Here is an exerpt...with some additions... ;-)

"Formula #2 - 1 teaspoon Sucralose Powder + 12.5 Tablespoons of FoodScience of Vermont's "Clearly Fiber" (Digestive Resistant Maltodextrin) Powder = 12.5 Tablespoons "LCF Splenda Packet Dry Mix ;-)” where 1/16th teaspoon = 1 teaspoon sugar equivalence, 1/8th teaspoon = 2 teaspoons sugar equivalence (= 1 Splenda Packet) and 1 tablespoon = 48 teaspoons sugar equivalence (= 1 Splenda Quick Pack Packet ;-)"

Locarbman's Neotame/Fiber Quick Pack Blend:

I used 1/64 teaspoon Neotame Powder (=125 teaspoons sugar equivalence) with 4 teaspoons FoodScience of Vermonts Clearly Fiber (125t / 16(1/16tht/t) / 2) to equal 2 teaspoons sugar equivalence per 1/16th teaspoon of blend, stirred together in a 1 cup measuring cup for about 1 minute and tried 1/16th teaspoon blend in a cup of coffee. I am amazed, it was perfect! My 94yo Aunt also confirmed it was sweet… ;-) I placed 1 tablespoon of water in the measuring cup (the inside was covered with a light powdery residue), inserted a finger to get all of the powder into solution and then took a sip. It was, as I had suspected, very sweet indicating that an amount of the Neotame Powder adhered to the inside of the cup. But, this blend appears to work… ;-)

This blend will also serve as an equivalent to Splenda Quick packs which are no longer being produced ;-( where 1/16th teaspoon = 2 teaspoons sugar equivalence (= 1 Splenda Packet) and 1 1/2 teaspoons = 48 teaspoons sugar equivalence (= 1 Splenda Quick Pack Packet ;-)

Glad to help if you have further questions...locarbman ;-)

Last edited by locarbman; 07-17-2011 at 10:50 PM..
locarbman is offline   Reply With Quote