Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
calichris
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 4/3 moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
PGX fiber experiment

Hi everyone,

I am experimenting in April with PGX fiber. I've taken it a few times in March, and noticed it had an appetite suppressing effect (and I had no side effects). One of the ingredients is our old friend glucommanan blended with some other fibers in what is supposed to be the most effective fiber combination around. I was intrigued at first because it is supposed to help with blood sugar, which is an issue for me. But check out the other benefits:

Detailed clinical studies published in major medical journals and presented at the world’s major diabetes conferences have shown PGX to exert the following benefits:
• Reduces appetite and promotes effective weight loss.
• Stabilizes blood sugar control.
• Increases insulin sensitivity.
• Reduces the glycemic index of any food, beverage or meal by 35–50%.
• Lowers blood cholesterol and triglycerides.
Research at the Canadian Center for Functional Medicine has shown that people who have difficulty controlling their appetite spend much of their day on a virtual “blood sugar roller coaster.” Specifically, by using new techniques in 24-hour blood sugar monitoring, this ground-breaking research has now documented that excessive appetite and food cravings in overweight subjects are directly correlated with rapid fluctuations in blood glucose throughout the day and night. Furthermore, it has now been documented that by utilizing PGX these same subjects can dramatically restore their body’s ability to tightly control blood sugar levels and that this accomplishment is powerfully linked to remarkable improvements in insulin sensitivity and reductions in appetite.

I've seen PGX mentioned on JUDDD before, but not recently, so I thought if anyone is struggling with hunger/cravings on either down days or up days (UUADs!) then this might be helpful. Or, use me as a guinea pig and follow my April daily weight results.

Last edited by calichris; 03-31-2013 at 04:27 PM..
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote