Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-13-2017, 03:18 PM   #1
Curtney873
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Curtney873
Frozen Atkins Meals

I really struggle with portion control. I can find alternatives to eating high carb meals and create/make healthier options but still struggle with portions so something that is only 2-3 carbs is great until you've ate 10 of them. I've been seriously thinking about going and buying a week's worth of Atkins frozen meals. I know they are loaded with sodium but they are also low carb and already portioned out for me. Has anyone else done this? Any feedback?
Curtney873 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2017, 03:27 PM   #2
Baylor
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baylor
WOE: Atkins's 72-DANDR
Start Date: 1/18/2017
I found that even on Atkins snacking can be a bad habit. I see people who overeat and still have the habit with pork rinds or nuts or whatever.

I don't worry about portions of fat or meat, only veggies. I eat clean and make my meals. And I eat until I am satisfied at each meal. I watch my veggies and enjoy fat and protein.

You can make much better meals yourself and freeze them in portions for later. But don't ever go hungry. Eat until you are satisfied.
Baylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:55 PM   #3
flatferenghi
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i know you HEWMONS must be tired of me mentioning

CHIA SEEDS. but they successfully cured my binge eating. it is the fiber. so, the more fiber you ingest, the less likely you will be hungry. it is that simple. also, eat slowly, and allow time for the food to enter your bloodstream. I wish you success. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:21 PM   #4
spaceace
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spaceace
How do you use chia seeds? (I've been away from awhile!)
spaceace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:39 PM   #5
Jaded62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
This is what I have tried. I have a protein shake for breakfast something like tuna salad for lunch and an Atkins meal for supper. I found it did not satisfy my hunger. So, I added a salad or a veggie. It helped. It depends on your appetite if they will satisfy your hunger. There is not very much food in one. In my opinion. You could try it for a week and see if it helps. It might be the thing to do to help with your portion control problem. Good Luck.
Jaded62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:36 PM   #6
enemysugar
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: enemysugar
Stats: 278/139/160 Goal Met 8/2017
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: January 25th 2017
I think you could achieve the same thing by portioning your own home cooked meals, you can freeze them just like you would the Atkins. Pick something you really like and cook up a batch and shove it in the freezer. You will get a better Quality food, much less sodium and it is much cheaper. The only way to really control what is going in your body is to cook it yourself. I wish you luck in whatever you do.
enemysugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:32 AM   #7
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / Clean Eating
Start Date: October, 1999
I agree with Enemy and the others who recommend cooking and portioning your own meals. On the weekends I'll cook a bunch of meet and put it in 6 oz. packages in the freezer. I tried all of the Atkins meals when they came out and they didn't keep me as satisfied as my own food, and I like knowing exactly what I'm taking in - I've been maintaining within a 5 pound range for about 17 years and I eat clean/low carb 99.7% of the time. I implemented intermittent fasting last August and that works really well for me and cuts down on the number of meals I have to prepare for.

I'll take a package of meat and add it to salad, or make a soup, or stir-fry ... Whatever I feel like. Very versatile.

Last edited by Casey; 03-14-2017 at 05:35 AM..
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:20 PM   #8
Mistizoom
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/230/190 initial goal
WOE: attemping the Perfect Health Diet
Start Date: low carb - 11/2012, PHD - 2/2017
Yes, I frequently eat Atkins meals for lunch and have used them successfully when I was actively losing weight. Note, that was before they had all the pasta and pizza meals available. I do eat those now but would probably avoid those varieties for very low carb and/or weight loss. Unfortunately they don't have as many of the non-pasta meals available anymore.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:44 AM   #9
Ronnie51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ronnie51
I enjoy Atkins frozen meals which I always pair with a salad. My favorites that are lower in carbs are the Crustless Chicken Pot Pie, Beef Merlot and Beef Teriyaki Stir Fry. I also like the Swedish Meat Balls, but stopped buying it because the sodium is ridiculous.
Ronnie51 is offline   Reply With Quote