Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-22-2017, 08:39 AM   #1
Zihna
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Zihna
Stats: 158/157/145
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Feb 19th, 2017
Eat when you are hungry - but no snacking?

Hi all,

so I am new to this LCHF thing. I have my hopes up high to lose a few lbs.

So today I am on day 4. The plan I am on says to have 3 eggs with half a stick of butter for breakfast. I can't do it! Too much butter! lol. It is literally making me sick just thinking about it. I cooked it the first day and OMG there was basically a butter soup left on the plate after I ate the scrambled eggs.

I think it's a mind thing and hopefully my mind and body will get used to the butter thing, but for now I decided to do the fasting 16/8, skip breakfast. The other recipes I had the last few days are ok and not super buttery.

It went well the first 2 days, but yesterday I was starving at bed time, so I had some pig skins since they are 0 carbs and I was hoping it won't mess up anything.

Mo I was 157.6, Tue it dropped to 156.6, but after the pig skins late last night, it went back up to 157.2. Maybe I should have just suffered through it and went to bed hungry?

The plan I am following says "Eat when hungry, and don't eat when not hungry" easy enough! But at the same time it says "No snacking" --- if I am hungry after I had my meals --- I am supposed to add more butter to my meal. But I am full after the meal. I stop eating when I am satisfied, but what if I get hungry again later? It's too late to add more butter to the meal I already ate a few hours ago. So what do I do? Any tips for me? (Please don't say I should just snack on a stick of butter )

I really really really want/need this to work.
Zihna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2017, 11:23 AM   #2
Mistizoom
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/230/190 initial goal
WOE: attemping the Perfect Health Diet
Start Date: low carb - 11/2012, PHD - 2/2017
I have no idea what plan you are on that calls for eating 3 eggs and a half stick of butter for breakfast. What is the name of the plan and where did you find it? Have you done low carb before or is this your first foray? It sounds like you are piecing togher advice from different places. The advice I would give depends on a number of factors. But start by eating a couple eggs and maybe something else for breakfast, sausage, bacon, whatever but not a half stick of butter. What does your lunch and supper look like?
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:25 PM   #3
Zihna
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Zihna
Stats: 158/157/145
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Feb 19th, 2017
I am doing the 2 week diet doctor challenge. And for the breakfast its:
3 eggs
2 oz. butter
salt and pepper

I even double checked if maybe I am reading the oz wrong, but as far as I could tell, 2oz are in fact half a stick.

I am only following that plan. I have done some low carb before, but just kind of on my own, just cutting out bread, rice, pasta etc. But I never followed a low carb program and also never any diet with high fat. So it is a bit new to me. And of course I want to make sure I am not doing it wrong.

Then the lunch/dinner so far was for example salmon with sauce (sour cream with tomato paste etc) and some spinach fried in butter. Or yesterday was chicken casserole with heavy whip cream and pesto and olives.
Things like that.

Now eggs and bacon sounds much better than eggs and half stick butter lol! It does say bacon and eggs for the weekend breakfast. I might try doing that during the week as well.

I did weigh myself earlier again and the scale eventually did go down to 155.4lbs. So I think it may have been the pig skins I munched.

But I was still wondering if it would be ok to eat something if we do get really hungry outside of our meals? And what would be a good option? Maybe an egg? Just something to stop the stomach from screaming "Feed me".
I am sure my body will eventually adjust to the amount of food it's getting.
Zihna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:47 PM   #4
Mistizoom
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/230/190 initial goal
WOE: attemping the Perfect Health Diet
Start Date: low carb - 11/2012, PHD - 2/2017
Wow, it does say 3 eggs and 2 oz. (60 g) butter. In my opinion that's ridiculous. I used to like the Diet Doctor but I feel he went downhill when he monetized his site a couple of years ago. Frankly I think you'd be better off doing Atkins induction. Some people don't do well with so much fat and the diet doctor plan is really pushing it on you. Keto should be low carb, moderate protein and fat to satiety. If you are hungry at the beginning, eat, as long as it is low carb. You can sort out the exact macros after you have gotten used to the basic low carb. And don't think your weight fluctuating daily means much, it is the trend over time that matters.
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:27 AM   #5
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
WOE: N.K.=vlc/moderate protein/high fat
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
I love butter but would not want to feel like I had to eat 2 oz. at a sitting. That seems excessive to me and not palatable. I agree that an Atkins induction is a good place to start. Mistizoom has it right!

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote