Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-09-2016, 07:58 PM   #1
pal0211
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pal0211
First month.....not losing weight

Is there anyone that has been Keto and not seeing weight loss?
I'm following macros and not cheating at all.
Anyone else have extremely slow weight loss? What did you do to boost loss?
I have about 75lbs to lose.
pal0211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2016, 06:51 AM   #2
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
WOE: N.K.=vlc/moderate protein/high fat
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Welcome pal0211! There are many, many reasons that a person who is in ketosis is not losing weight. Ketosis does not necessarily equal weight loss.

One thing that seems the most likely culprit is medications (even over the counter meds). Another common problem is excess protein. When people talk about percentages rather than the actual grams of food - it can mean too much of certain macro can be consumed.

If you were to share a typical daily menu (types of food and how much), it might be useful in trying to give advice.

To answer your question about boosting weight loss ~ fasting. It is done in order to reduce insulin. By not eating for a period of time, you are keeping your insulin low and helping correct insulin resistance. Eating low carb and/or keto will go a long way to doing this but for some people, it is not enough. Fasting offers a chance to correct this.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:30 PM   #3
smurstep
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: smurstep
Stats: 160/155.4/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 5/8/2012
Im not losing any weight either. Im an old pro when it comes to keto diets ive been doing it of an on for 20 years now. However menopausal issues has brought on insomnia with a vengance and I only lose weight on the rare occassion when I got ample sleep the night before. It sucks now im fat and sleepy to boot. Have tried everything to sleep maybe tonite ill just tape my eyelids shut with duct tape lol.
smurstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:17 PM   #4
rachel2writer
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel2writer
Stats: 265/205/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 2014
I lose very slowly - and it's taken me lots of experimenting and tweaking of protein/fat/etc to get to where I'm losing somewhat steadily (the scale still likes to jump up and down!) What macros are you following?
3rd Goal: 175 (no longer obese)
Final Goal: 150
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:00 PM   #5
Mistizoom
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/230/190 initial goal
WOE: attemping the Perfect Health Diet
Start Date: low carb - 11/2012, PHD - 2/2017
What macros are you following? What is your sex, age, weight, height? Any medical issues or medications? As clackley says, ketosis does not equal weight loss. The key thing is you must only eat to satiety. Any more than that and it will be difficult or impossible to lose weight. If you are doing that, look for undiagnosed medical issues. Thyroid problems are a common one that can affect weight loss.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:56 AM   #6
stisubiegirl
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stisubiegirl
WOE: KETO/LC
Start Date: August 2016
Not losing either, up and down

Hello. I am a 50 yr old female and I just want to lose about 10 or 15 lbs. I recently, a couple weeks ago, tried the LCHF diet, but just unsure of the knowledge in what to eat, how much, etc.
So today i went and did my Keto Calculator and came up with this:
CALS:1119
CARB:25G
PROTEIN:97G
FAT:70G

I am already almost there today, and no dinner, and a date nite out to a concert with drinking, etc..ugg so there goes my day 1 of Keto!

All this for a measly 15 lbs, really?

I am drinking alot of water though, taking a probiotic and Glucomannan 3 times a day. This morning i was down to 172lbs, lowest been after starting this diet.
I do find i go up and down and up and down, never going above 178 or below 172...GRRRR!!!! I hate my weight!!

I do have low-thyroid and take synthroid pill most mornings (some i skip just to be rebellious!) I think sometimes this is the CULPRIT, this frickin thyroid!!

seems like since i turned 50 my weight, literally overnight, stayed here and wont budge!

I like to have a few beers after work, so i stopped that and went to the TRULY drinks which are 2 G carbs and amazingly give me the same BUZZ from a beer...not thinking these are why i cant lose the weight...

i am just frustrated with all this...i just want to fit back in my favorite jeans and tops...

on a nicer note: my hubby says i am beautiful the way i am and i dont need to lose anything...men...they sure dont understand the "woman brain" now do they...lol!

thanks for any and all advice and for reading my RAMBLE!
stisubiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:09 PM   #7
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
WOE: N.K.=vlc/moderate protein/high fat
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Hi there and welcome!

Right off the top, your protein grams are too high - much too high. Most women need 60g or less. Make sure you are counting all carbs and not deducting fibre. You fat grams are pretty low as well. What keto calculator did you use?

I am not sure how you consumed almost 97g of protein so quickly. A usual breakfast and lunch of say 2 eggs, 2 bacon strips and 2 tbsp. h.w.c. in coffee and say tuna salad (1/2 can) on lettuce would not amount to more than 35g of protein.

If your goal was 60g of protein for the day you would still have 25g left and that would allow for a small steak (100g or 3.5 oz) or the same size bunless burger or even some fish or shell fish.

On a cynical note (because I am just that ), it needs to be something you can do even after you lose the weight you want because if not, you will gain it back.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:01 PM   #8
stisubiegirl
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stisubiegirl
WOE: KETO/LC
Start Date: August 2016
Hi Cathy and thank you for the reply!

The totals on my post were derived from a keto calculator

And that is my daily totals too. So I should keep my protein down to 60g?

I was down in weight for the first time this morning even after eating a large eggs and bacon breakfast lol

I just made the pumpkin muffin recipe using almond flour, this is my first baking of low carb I have done. Anxious to see how they turn out!
stisubiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote