Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
Yennie
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Induction help please (New here)

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking the last few days and already gotten some great info. I'm hoping you'll be able to help me out though.

Several years ago I did a modified Atkins (Curve's Diet from the exercise place) and lost many pounds. Back then, I was in ketosis after 6 days.

I've started back up again on a more traditional Atkins as of last Tuesday (1/1/13) - been under 20 carbs every day since then. Lost 1.6 pounds, maybe a 1/2 inch and I'm not in ketosis yet. I've been very strict about the carbs too, counting "real" carbs, not "net" carbs because thats what I did during induction last time too.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips as to what I could look at to try to figure out why I'm not in ketosis yet.

Typical foods include eggs, roasted or broiled meat (mostly pork), lots of veggies as I love them, 1 cup of coffee with 1 packet of Splenda in the morning, lots of water.

Thank you all so much. Looking forward to your input.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote