Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-20-2017, 05:57 AM   #421
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/190.5/175 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley27330 View Post
Hello Everyone, Just wondering if anyone is still doing the PH. I am not seeing any new threads. I have been doing Juddd for 9 months, ended up losing a total of 22 lbs but lost the same 10 lbs over and over. I decided quit living by the scales but continued the Juddd WOE . Two months later I weighed and I was up 16 lbs...ugh... I decided to try the PH and lost 4.4 lbs the first day!! So now on my 2nd day. Would like to know how it is going for everyone...Thanks
It seems to be that this is what happens when you turn your back on the scale! It bites you in the butt! LOL

I found I can't do just potatoes, but good luck to you with it. I'm sure someone will join in here with you.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2017, 06:15 AM   #422
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/130/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Yeah, I'm not able to do the PH, my blood sugar drops super low and I feel really unwell. I wish I could because I think it could be a great tool. I'm always re-tempted to try, but don't think I will.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:59 AM   #423
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Harley27330
Stats: 300+,242,188Ju
WOE: CC/LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Dec 2012/ Jan 2017
Thanks for the replies, day 2 no weight loss but no gain either!! Still researching to see exactly how to do this. Well I like potatoes so if this hack works or not I will be eating potatoes. I brought 35lbs of them while they were on sale...lol
Harley27330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:55 AM   #424
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

If you google, there's a lot of information about the Potato Hack online. I did find this that might help you.

Here are the new Potato Hack guidelines

1. Plan on eating just potatoes for 3 to 5 days

2. Eat 2-5 pounds of potatoes each day

3. No other foods allowed (this includes butter, sour cream, cheese, and bacon bits!)

4. Salt, pepper, and vinegar allowed, but not encouraged

5. Drink when thirsty; coffee, tea, and water only

6. Heavy exercise is discouraged, light exercise and walking are encouraged

7. Take your normal medications, but dietary supplements will not be needed

Good luck to you! My DH would do great on this! He eats a lot of potatoes!!

Dr Jason Fung
Old 09-23-2017, 08:31 AM   #425
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the info!! It is going really well so far. Day 1 losing 4 lbs day's 2 and 3 no loss no gain day 4 lost just couple ounces shy of 5 lbs!! Due to other obligations came off of the PH on day 5 but did snack on a few potatoes during the day. My wife and I had a night out with friends had a few beers and was surprised that I had lost 1/2 pound this morning. So very happy to loose the 9 lbs total.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:46 AM   #426
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

That's a great loss, Harley. It says you are to do this for 3-5 days. I don't know how long you are to go back to regular eating before you do it again.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 09-27-2017, 10:32 AM   #427
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

I actually quit the PH for the last 4 days. Not really wanted to it was going so well. But it was my birthday and had my kids and grandkids all together for celebrating. Wife did not think they would all enjoy just eating potatoes...lol....Then planned on getting together with the rest of my family a couple days later. Did not think it would be good to just do the PH for one day at a time. I began back on the PH this morning and when I weighed I had gained back all I lost. Hope it goes as well as it did last week
Old 09-27-2017, 02:57 PM   #428
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
I started today. I'm up a few in water weight from being sick so hopefully 1 day takes care of that then all new losses from there. I've done PH quite a few times, it always works for me. And if I'm careful coming off and go for protein heavy days after I continue to lose, then add veg, then fats last. Usually do a egg day for the first day coming off. I don't know how long I'll go this time, I've done 7 days before. Always felt fine unless I used no salt. I start getting a headache first then get lightheaded, it's all due to no salt, so I watch that pretty carefully without overdoing it.

Just had diced with some sugarfree BBQ sauce...had a bowl of mashed earlier with a tbls of ff Greek yogurt and salt and pepper. Maybe big fat steak fries baked for later? I'm picking up the salsa con queso that many have used, I guess it's nearly fat free? I've never tried it, so will give it a whirl... Tostitos brand? Is that right?

I'll be back in and post results for as long as I do it.

How ya doing so far today?
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:01 AM   #429
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Just 1 to go to get back where I was then all new losses, hope that 1 comes off today. Yesterday was easy. All potatos ready to go, probably get hungry for my first bowl in a bit here. Probably just salt and pepper. Onward day 2!
Old 09-29-2017, 04:18 PM   #430
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Going great so far 2 days and down 6 lbs!! I plan on going on for at least 5 days this time. I have seen where some go a lot longer than the 3-5 day limit. Does anyone know why there is a limit. Also when you stop how long should you wait before starting back?
Old 09-29-2017, 06:04 PM   #431
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Day 3 almost in the books. I made a new batch of boiled, will go at least through tomorrow. People do 30 days pretty routinely. To much for me. I try to do 6-7 then take a break for a day get some protein and veg maybe 2 days then can jump back on. It's been a while since the last time, I'm playing it by ear this time. Lost 3 lbs of water weight I was hanging onto in 2 days, hoping for new losses tomorrow and that will keep me going. Stop if your feeling unwell or in danger of falling off and going totally off the rails. Better to take 1 meal off, in that case, and get what your body is telling you it wants.

I think it was Tim Steele who said if taking a meal off stick to proteins first then veg and fat last since this hack is virtually fat free. That way it won't set you back, if at all.

Still debating if I want to throw in a salad tonight, and I might. I'm not hungry now but have head hunger and mouth wants to crunch....
Old 09-30-2017, 06:29 AM   #432
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Start of day 4. Did have a giant salad with tuna on it last night. No loss this morn. I'm good with that I know there's days there is no loss, saving it for a big woosh I guess. Pure potatos today.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:46 AM   #433
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Going great so far 2 days and down 6 lbs!! I plan on going on for at least 5 days this time. I have seen where some go a lot longer than the 3-5 day limit. Does anyone know why there is a limit. Also when you stop how long should you wait before starting back?
I see nothing that says you can't do it longer, but it would limit the nutrition you're getting and be very boring. I also saw nothing that said how long to wait before you do it again. It doesn't seem to be necessary to do it continuously as eating the potatoes produces butyric acid which improves your gut bacteria and changes the way your body metabolizes your food when you go back to regular eating. So you do the hack for 3-5 days, then eat normally for a few days, then do the hack again, and so forth. In the test, rats that were given butyric acid ate less when going back to regular food.

How are you preparing your potatoes? They seem to recommend cooking and cooling them for 24 hours, as that produces the resistant starch, but even just eating only potatoes is going to be so low calorie that you can't help but lose weight. The idea I liked best was cooking and cooling the potatoes, then slicing them and putting them under the broiler for a few minutes to brown them and crisp them up a bit. You are limited because you aren't supposed to use any condiments.

As before, don't take this as gospel. This is just how I interpret what I'm reading online.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 09-30-2017, 07:40 PM   #434
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Day 3 almost in the books. I made a new batch of boiled, will go at least through tomorrow. People do 30 days pretty routinely. To much for me. I try to do 6-7 then take a break for a day get some protein and veg maybe 2 days then can jump back on. It's been a while since the last time, I'm playing it by ear this time. Lost 3 lbs of water weight I was hanging onto in 2 days, hoping for new losses tomorrow and that will keep me going. Stop if your feeling unwell or in danger of falling off and going totally off the rails. Better to take 1 meal off, in that case, and get what your body is telling you it wants.

I think it was Tim Steele who said if taking a meal off stick to proteins first then veg and fat last since this hack is virtually fat free. That way it won't set you back, if at all.

Still debating if I want to throw in a salad tonight, and I might. I'm not hungry now but have head hunger and mouth wants to crunch....
Thanks for the information, day 3 and I was 4 ounces shy of being a 8 pound loss. I fasted breakfast, visited the bathroom but my scales refused to take off the 4 ounces...lol. Not felt the greatest the last couple of days but hopefully it is coming from the cold I am getting over. I would never believed that potatoes could taste so good without all the other fixings
Old 10-01-2017, 05:21 AM   #435
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
I see nothing that says you can't do it longer, but it would limit the nutrition you're getting and be very boring. I also saw nothing that said how long to wait before you do it again. It doesn't seem to be necessary to do it continuously as eating the potatoes produces butyric acid which improves your gut bacteria and changes the way your body metabolizes your food when you go back to regular eating. So you do the hack for 3-5 days, then eat normally for a few days, then do the hack again, and so forth. In the test, rats that were given butyric acid ate less when going back to regular food.

How are you preparing your potatoes? They seem to recommend cooking and cooling them for 24 hours, as that produces the resistant starch, but even just eating only potatoes is going to be so low calorie that you can't help but lose weight. The idea I liked best was cooking and cooling the potatoes, then slicing them and putting them under the broiler for a few minutes to brown them and crisp them up a bit. You are limited because you aren't supposed to use any condiments.

As before, don't take this as gospel. This is just how I interpret what I'm reading online.
Good info. Thank you!
Old 10-01-2017, 05:33 AM   #436
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for the information, day 3 and I was 4 ounces shy of being a 8 pound loss. I fasted breakfast, visited the bathroom but my scales refused to take off the 4 ounces...lol. Not felt the greatest the last couple of days but hopefully it is coming from the cold I am getting over. I would never believed that potatoes could taste so good without all the other fixings
I hope it's from the cold but some salty broth will go a long ways to helping feel better if it's the potatos. And it works almost instantly. So give it a try and if you feel better pdq then it's the salt. Pour the broth over the potatos too. I prefer just to drink it. Super easy to make your own broth or get some at the store. Defat it if made at home and use a good quality sea salt if you have it.

No loss to report, when it finally lets go it's going to be a woosh! I think I'm going to give up that salsa con queso stuff. It's worked for many I don't think it's working for me. These aren't the kind of losses I've had from other Potato hacks. Could be that time of month it's just impossible to lose to, in which case it should be about over and since I've been such a good potato head my woosh is a coming! Onward!

Now off to get ready to watch that early game!
Old 10-01-2017, 02:27 PM   #437
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I hope it's from the cold but some salty broth will go a long ways to helping feel better if it's the potatos. And it works almost instantly. So give it a try and if you feel better pdq then it's the salt. Pour the broth over the potatos too. I prefer just to drink it. Super easy to make your own broth or get some at the store. Defat it if made at home and use a good quality sea salt if you have it.

No loss to report, when it finally lets go it's going to be a woosh! I think I'm going to give up that salsa con queso stuff. It's worked for many I don't think it's working for me. These aren't the kind of losses I've had from other Potato hacks. Could be that time of month it's just impossible to lose to, in which case it should be about over and since I've been such a good potato head my woosh is a coming! Onward!

Now off to get ready to watch that early game!
Thanks again must of been the cold because I have felt lots better today, except when I weighed that darn 4 ounces was still there this morning, No loss no gain. I would rather be losing but happy there was no gain!!
Old 10-02-2017, 05:54 AM   #438
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Finally dropped 1 but had homemade pizza for dinner last night, made it with chicken crust. Way more impressive than cauliflower crust. I'll do it that way from now on. Thought I would be up due to salt in the pepperoni and sausage and actually lost. So today is pure potatos and probably tomorrow too at least. Then we will see. That last lb was hard fought, think I broke through a plateau so I want to do potatos to see if it will keep going. Ideally I would like to go through Friday because Saturday I'm making a special dinner for a birthday. We will see how I feel come Wednesday.

How ya doing Harley?
Old 10-03-2017, 07:40 AM   #439
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Dropped almost another full lb. trying to go through Friday. I might have a small salad tonight. Got a bad tooth that's making this whole potato hack a lot easier that's for sure. Can only chew on one side. I'll be super happy for the special food I'm making for a bday on Saturday! On to another day!
Old 10-03-2017, 06:10 PM   #440
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Finally dropped 1 but had homemade pizza for dinner last night, made it with chicken crust. Way more impressive than cauliflower crust. I'll do it that way from now on. Thought I would be up due to salt in the pepperoni and sausage and actually lost. So today is pure potatos and probably tomorrow too at least. Then we will see. That last lb was hard fought, think I broke through a plateau so I want to do potatos to see if it will keep going. Ideally I would like to go through Friday because Saturday I'm making a special dinner for a birthday. We will see how I feel come Wednesday.

How ya doing Harley?
Day 5 and I finally lost the 4 ounces to make it a even 8 lb loss. Surprisingly I weighed later in the day after eating breakfast and I had lost another pound making it a total of 9lbs. I had done some pretty strenuous work at My Mom's house that day which probably led to that. The morning of day 6 I had added that lost pound back. I decided to stop for a couple of days and will be starting back in the morning. I have the potatoes cooling at this moment. I am feeling really bloated right now and looking forward to starting back.
I used to make the cauliflower pizza crust but I found a LC recipe of cheddar/mozzarella and egg pizza crust it was amazing!!

Last edited by Harley27330; 10-03-2017 at 06:21 PM..
Old 10-04-2017, 08:06 AM   #441
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Did potatos all day then had a piece of leftover pizza for dinner. Rock steady on the scale. Probably all potato day but will have a big salad if I want. Kind of really liking the potatos all day then a something else for dinner, interspersed with pure potato days and it's working. And I don't feel deprived. So I'm going to hang with that for a while. Well till the special bday dinner Saturday but then right back with the program.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:01 AM   #442
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Just did the PH for 3 days and dropped 3lbs!! Came off of it because of a family reunion that I had skipped out of going the last couple of years. I ate fairly light on the main meal but went a fool on the desserts with Chocolate Pie, Chocolate Cake, Banana Pudding and blueberry cobbler. Weighed this morning and had picked up 5 lbs. and I don't regret it one bit. So far if the weight is quickly put on it has been quick to come off. We shall see I started back on the PH today and hope to stay on it longer this time
Old 10-10-2017, 06:33 PM   #443
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MzNessa
Stats: 185/175/150
WOE: 16/8 Vegan
Hey All!
I spent the last couple of days reading every message in this forum and all the info I could find online about PH and today had my first full on hack day.
I have to say, seeing the support in this group helped inspire me to jump right in.
I am finding that although I ate a lot of potatoes today, I still find myself hungry. This is weird to me because I often bake potatoes in coconut milk with curry and that fills me up like nothing else, but just plain potatoes seem to be leaving me pretty hungry. I probably only had around 2.5 lbs of them today though, so I'll up it tomorrow.
Does anyone else experience a bad taste in their mouth while on the hack? If so what did you do to solve it? It's unpleasant and makes me super self conscious.
My goal is to do the PH for 3 days this week, take the weekend off and then do four days next week.
I'm hoping the total of 7 days will bring on some serious results.

Day 1 - 176, (up a pound from eating take out twice on the weekend!)
MzNessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:56 PM   #444
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzNessa View Post
Hey All!
I spent the last couple of days reading every message in this forum and all the info I could find online about PH and today had my first full on hack day.
I have to say, seeing the support in this group helped inspire me to jump right in.
I am finding that although I ate a lot of potatoes today, I still find myself hungry. This is weird to me because I often bake potatoes in coconut milk with curry and that fills me up like nothing else, but just plain potatoes seem to be leaving me pretty hungry. I probably only had around 2.5 lbs of them today though, so I'll up it tomorrow.
Does anyone else experience a bad taste in their mouth while on the hack? If so what did you do to solve it? It's unpleasant and makes me super self conscious.

Hey MzNessa! - Hope the hack is going well for you. (And in case it's not, welcome to my club!). To answer your question, I often get weird tastes in my mouth from restricting foods. Are you using salt? That's actually a mouth-taste trigger for me. Though I will add that I've never had a funny taste after only one day.

Looking forward to hearing your latest report!
Old 10-12-2017, 01:57 PM   #445
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey All!
My goal is to do the PH for 3 days this week, take the weekend off and then do four days next week.
I'm hoping the total of 7 days will bring on some serious results.

Welcome MzNessa ...I am still new to the PH but I am still really excited about it on how fast the weight comes off and that I am not starving myself. My problem is I go crazy on my regular days when off of the PH and gain most of or more than I lost. I think I will do better this go around because of no special events coming up. In the last 3 days I have dropped 8lbs!! Before I would be happy to lose this much in a month or two. I have found that I am not eating as much as what I was but if I get hungry or a craving I eat. Yes I do get a bad taste in my mouth someone mentioned that this was a sign of ketosis. I used gum that was not sugar free and had my first stall day. I can't say definitely that the gum caused this but it was the only thing different I had done. I now find myself brushing and flossing my teeth more than usual in hopes that my breath does not knock anyone out...lol.... Good Luck to you!!
Old 10-13-2017, 03:37 PM   #446
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

Hi pOrtia aned Harley, thanks for the nice welcome!
I did 3 full days of the PH with only potatoes, spices and vinegar, and the scale didn't move an inch until today. As of today I was down 4 lbs, (which is good because I was starting to freak out a bit)!
I pretty much just had to accept the weird taste in my mouth since it's not going away, but I have found that staying super hydrated helps.
I also really noticed the difference between how long I stay feeling full if I eat boiled potatoes vrs baked. Boiled potatoes keep me full for practically the entire day.
I'm taking two days off and then jumping back on.
I'm going to a food fest tonight, (can you say bad timing?), so all bets are off tonight and tomorrow I'm working a super long shift so I want to be able to eat a protein bar or small snacks throughout the day.
Sunday I'll be back on the spud though!
Another question -> what do you do if you have to be away from home for a really long time? Sometimes I have days that are 12+ hrs and I have a small thermos that I've tried to bring some potatoes in but they tend to get mushy and gross if they're in there for more than 6 hrs. Any tricks of the trade you can share?
By the way Harley, your success story was one of the things that convinced me to jump into the hack! Congrats!
And pOrtia, sorry it didn't work out for you, so odd how it suits some people and not others.
Cheers!
Old 10-13-2017, 07:33 PM   #447
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi pOrtia aned Harley, thanks for the nice welcome!
I did 3 full days of the PH with only potatoes, spices and vinegar, and the scale didn't move an inch until today. As of today I was down 4 lbs, (which is good because I was starting to freak out a bit)!
I pretty much just had to accept the weird taste in my mouth since it's not going away, but I have found that staying super hydrated helps.
I also really noticed the difference between how long I stay feeling full if I eat boiled potatoes vrs baked. Boiled potatoes keep me full for practically the entire day.
I'm taking two days off and then jumping back on.
I'm going to a food fest tonight, (can you say bad timing?), so all bets are off tonight and tomorrow I'm working a super long shift so I want to be able to eat a protein bar or small snacks throughout the day.
Sunday I'll be back on the spud though!
Another question -> what do you do if you have to be away from home for a really long time? Sometimes I have days that are 12+ hrs and I have a small thermos that I've tried to bring some potatoes in but they tend to get mushy and gross if they're in there for more than 6 hrs. Any tricks of the trade you can share?
By the way Harley, your success story was one of the things that convinced me to jump into the hack! Congrats!
And pOrtia, sorry it didn't work out for you, so odd how it suits some people and not others.
Cheers!
My favorite right now is to boil my potatoes then refrigerate them. When I am ready to eat I cut them up in cubes and bake them until they begin getting golden brown. I learned to bake them on parchment paper. These last me all day or longer and do not get mushy. What I don't eat I put back in the refrigerator and nuke them later. When eating my favorite is to mix up hot sauce and vinegar together as a dipping sauce. It just amazes me that I can eat something so tasty and pretty much all I want and lose weight!!!! I am amazed!! I wish I knew about this WOE when I started almost 5 years ago
Old 10-14-2017, 08:14 AM   #448
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Harley, you could try putting them under the broiler instead of baking them, as it will brown them quicker.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 10-14-2017, 09:23 AM   #449
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

Great, thanks for the info!
I'm a lil disappointed today, I woke up and was at 174. I was super good at the food fest, I found I got full really fast so I wasn't overeating BUT I did have 5 drinks so I guess that might've pushed me back over the line.
What kind of vinegar do you use? I've been using malt vinegar but it has sugar in it, and your story about chewing gum and having a stall day has made me wonder if that's slowing me down.
Thanks!!
Old 10-14-2017, 09:39 AM   #450
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Harley, you could try putting them under the broiler instead of baking them, as it will brown them quicker.
Thanks!!