Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 04-04-2018, 09:44 PM   #781
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MzNessa
Stats: 185/175/150
WOE: 16/8 Vegan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley27330 View Post
Oh I was surprised when I came off of the 10 day hack last time, Montezuma never showed up, no stomach issues at all.
When I brought my potatoes yesterday a 10 pound bag was $1.20 cheaper than normal and better quality than what I had been buying.
This morning I have put a 4.4 pound dent in the 13 pound gain.
So how did the birthday party go? Did you get more expensive?
Ohh... you're lucky, I had to work to find a 10lbs bag after the holiday weekend and the bag I got isn't awesome, but it's good enough for now. (Honestly, never would have thought I'd become such a potato shopping expert!!)

Nice way to kick off the hack with that dent, good job!

I'm still jumping around the 160-162 range. Just going to be super patient this month and let the spuds do their thing.

Ya know, as far as the bday party went, I wouldn't say I'm as cheap as last time, but I'm definitely not expensive either! My tolerance is not what it was a few months ago that's for sure. Hopefully that translates into big $ savings

Take care and eat those taters!
MzNessa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2018, 04:39 PM   #782
wifezilla
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wifezilla
Stats: 250/207/190
WOE: Read em all. Doing it my way.
Start Date: May 2007
With this pace shutting down, I just wanted to let you know that there is a home for anyone that wants a fun group of supportive goofballs over on facebook. Search for the group Hardcore Healthy Living.

My Favorite Low Carb Ezine! Modern Savage Living
wifezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:03 PM   #783
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

Gah! I had to end my hack early. I had enough taters to make dinner tonight and lunch for work tomorrow but when I reached into the bag tonight I saw that they were dark green and black even on the insides so I tossed them.
I hate throwing out food, but there was hardly anything left when I tried to cut the bad bits off.
So, I'll take tomorrow and the next day off and then start up again on Sunday or Monday.
Hope this round is going well for you!
Old 04-05-2018, 09:03 PM   #784
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifezilla View Post
With this pace shutting down, I just wanted to let you know that there is a home for anyone that wants a fun group of supportive goofballs over on f a c e b o o k. Search for the group Hardcore Healthy Living.
Is this board shutting down?
Old 04-06-2018, 09:12 AM   #785
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Harley27330
Stats: 300+,242,188Ju
WOE: CC/LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Dec 2012/ Jan 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzNessa View Post
Gah! I had to end my hack early. I had enough taters to make dinner tonight and lunch for work tomorrow but when I reached into the bag tonight I saw that they were dark green and black even on the insides so I tossed them.
I hate throwing out food, but there was hardly anything left when I tried to cut the bad bits off.
So, I'll take tomorrow and the next day off and then start up again on Sunday or Monday.
Hope this round is going well for you!
I just had to throw some away that I had peeled and boiled last night. The potatoes on top turned black after being refrigerated. I read that does not change the texture or flavor but they did not look appetizing at all. I dropped 2.6 lbs on my second day making a total of 7 lbs. And now day 3 is a stall.
Take Care and enjoy your days off
Harley27330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:17 AM   #786
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifezilla View Post
With this pace shutting down, I just wanted to let you know that there is a home for anyone that wants a fun group of supportive goofballs over on f a c e b o o k. Search for the group Hardcore Healthy Living.
Thanks for the info,Is anyone doing the potato hack in the group?
Old 04-07-2018, 08:33 PM   #787
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

Whoa... I went the grocery store today to pick up spuds so I could start hacking tomorrow and they were sold out! There was one bag of russets, which that was ripped open and picked through and that was it.
Ever get the feeling that everyone is secretly on the hack...?!

In other news: my weight is the same as always, but I've noticed that my clothes are getting a bit looser again...!

Hope all is great with you and the taters are treating you well!
Old 04-08-2018, 01:06 PM   #788
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Whoa... I went the grocery store today to pick up spuds so I could start hacking tomorrow and they were sold out! There was one bag of russets, which that was ripped open and picked through and that was it.
Ever get the feeling that everyone is secretly on the hack...?!

In other news: my weight is the same as always, but I've noticed that my clothes are getting a bit looser again...!

Hope all is great with you and the taters are treating you well!
Oh no!! You may have to plant some potatoes...lol So great that your weight is maintaining rather than going up.
My hack went well this go round, dropped 7 lbs in 2 days then hit a 3 day stall then this morning I dropped 3.5 lbs. I still did not drop the 13 I gained on the 6 days off of the hack. Even though I was on a stall my clothes were lots looser. I found a shirt that I had put back years ago because it was way too small. I tried the shirt on and it was actually baggy on me. That caused me to remember some new shorts I had brought years ago that must of been sized wrong. I can now wear them,but what really made me happy was when I brought a bathing suit this week with a 32" waist that was a little loose for swimming but it was the smallest size they had. That makes a 16" drop in waist size I have decided to try a 5/2 hack schedule to see how that works for me. So I have come off of the hack for the next 2 days
Wish you luck on finding taters, Take Care!!
Old 04-09-2018, 02:25 PM   #789
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

I went to buy potatoes today and the price had gone back up to the regular price which is still a good deal. But I was surprised that there were only a few bags left. The cashier did ask me last week what I was going to do with all the potatoes I was buying. I explained to her about the hack and she was very interested in it. I hoped to see her today maybe she brought all the potatoes....lol
Old 04-10-2018, 09:22 PM   #790
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=Harley27330;17730673]Yeah I am going to try the 5 on 2 off. I have always done the hack as long as it is working or either had a event coming up. I did so great on my 2 days off this time until I stopped at the store and they had discounted their left over Easter Candy and I made myself miserable eating it. We went to a gathering last night at a brewery that has recently opened up. We have a local guy on a national tv show so we all went to cheer him on. On the way home I was telling my wife that candy has made me feel terrible I am still tasting it even though it had been hours since I had ate it. Then as crazy as I am when I got home I started eating that darn candy again!! Then around 3:00 this morning I woke up about to puke still tasting that candy. To be honest I did not eat a large amount of candy and as far as I am concerned the rest of it can go in the trash. So maybe I will do better on my next 2 days off.
Wow $10.00 for a days worth of potatoes. Last week I paid $2.29 for a 10 pound bag, yesterday they had gone back to the regular price of $3.49 for 10 pounds. I have purchased the 5 pound bags for 99 cents but usually cheaper to get the 10 pounder. I have heard of people substituting rice for potatoes and having good results just not as good as the taters. I also see that some people switching over to an all egg diet and having good results. That may help until you can get some taters.....Good Luck and Take Care[/QUO

Hmm... I keep reading about how the PH changes your gut microbes and I've certainly found that my stomach and digestion is always best when I'm hacking which makes me think there's something to that claim. I wonder if with all the PHs you've done, you've changed your stomach so that it just can't accept junk food the way it could before..?
I wish I couldn't relate to feeling sick from candy and then STILL eating more it, but I can. Candy is so addictive! That's one of the reasons I love the hack, if it's a hack day I know I can't have any treats, because if I have ONE treat, I'm having alllllllll the treats!
Hopefully, your next 2 day break will be more enjoyable.
I actually did the rice thing for a week a couple of years ago, and I've never been hungrier. Rice fills me up for about an hour or so and then I get hungry again, and more rice didn't do much for me. All I remember was I was really hungry and cranky that week! Also, unlike the PH I did loose a bit of weight but it all came back pretty quickly.
Gotta say, the two things I'm noticing right now as the taters are playing hard to get is 1) my stomach doesn't feel great the way it does on a hack 2) Eating "normal food" without a few days of just taters is so expensive! Can't wait till I can get my hands on those spuds again
Hope you're feeling good again!! Take care!
Old 04-11-2018, 12:31 PM   #791
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

[quote=MzNessa;17730926]
Quote:
Yeah I am going to try the 5 on 2 off. I have always done the hack as long as it is working or either had a event coming up. I did so great on my 2 days off this time until I stopped at the store and they had discounted their left over Easter Candy and I made myself miserable eating it. We went to a gathering last night at a brewery that has recently opened up. We have a local guy on a national tv show so we all went to cheer him on. On the way home I was telling my wife that candy has made me feel terrible I am still tasting it even though it had been hours since I had ate it. Then as crazy as I am when I got home I started eating that darn candy again!! Then around 3:00 this morning I woke up about to puke still tasting that candy. To be honest I did not eat a large amount of candy and as far as I am concerned the rest of it can go in the trash. So maybe I will do better on my next 2 days off.
Wow $10.00 for a days worth of potatoes. Last week I paid $2.29 for a 10 pound bag, yesterday they had gone back to the regular price of $3.49 for 10 pounds. I have purchased the 5 pound bags for 99 cents but usually cheaper to get the 10 pounder. I have heard of people substituting rice for potatoes and having good results just not as good as the taters. I also see that some people switching over to an all egg diet and having good results. That may help until you can get some taters.....Good Luck and Take Care[/QUO

Hmm... I keep reading about how the PH changes your gut microbes and I've certainly found that my stomach and digestion is always best when I'm hacking which makes me think there's something to that claim. I wonder if with all the PHs you've done, you've changed your stomach so that it just can't accept junk food the way it could before..?
I wish I couldn't relate to feeling sick from candy and then STILL eating more it, but I can. Candy is so addictive! That's one of the reasons I love the hack, if it's a hack day I know I can't have any treats, because if I have ONE treat, I'm having alllllllll the treats!
Hopefully, your next 2 day break will be more enjoyable.
I actually did the rice thing for a week a couple of years ago, and I've never been hungrier. Rice fills me up for about an hour or so and then I get hungry again, and more rice didn't do much for me. All I remember was I was really hungry and cranky that week! Also, unlike the PH I did loose a bit of weight but it all came back pretty quickly.
Gotta say, the two things I'm noticing right now as the taters are playing hard to get is 1) my stomach doesn't feel great the way it does on a hack 2) Eating "normal food" without a few days of just taters is so expensive! Can't wait till I can get my hands on those spuds again
Hope you're feeling good again!! Take care!
I am feeling great!! I put on 5 pounds on my 2 days off, Did my first hack day yesterday and today I am down 5 pounds!! Really hope you can find some taters soon Take Care!!
Old 04-13-2018, 08:05 PM   #792
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

[quote=Harley27330;17731096]
Quote:

I am feeling great!! I put on 5 pounds on my 2 days off, Did my first hack day yesterday and today I am down 5 pounds!! Really hope you can find some taters soon Take Care!!
5lbs on/5 lbs off - >Good job!!!

So, it looks like I figured out why taters are so hard to come by at the moment. We had really wacky weather this week but I didn't realize how bad it was outside the city with snow and wind. I even had a couple of power outages last week because of wind storms in the city. It turns out that that was all just a warm up for a massive ice storm that's arriving tomorrow. There's a good chance a lot of the city will wind up with out power for the weekend and maybe longer.

I've been working a lot so I haven't been watching the news, but I'd guess that that's why the grocery stores are having a hard time getting stock.

I hope I can get my spuds on Sunday eve, (I doubt I'll even leave the apartment tomorrow, I haaaaate ice storms!), and start back on the hack on Monday, but I don't know if the stores will have stock at that point.

I knew something weird had to be going on!

Hope the hack is treating you great, and all your taters are tasty!!

Wish me luck this weekend! Winter is going out with a bang this year!
Old 04-14-2018, 08:47 AM   #793
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

[quote=MzNessa;17731614]
Quote:

5lbs on/5 lbs off - >Good job!!!

So, it looks like I figured out why taters are so hard to come by at the moment. We had really wacky weather this week but I didn't realize how bad it was outside the city with snow and wind. I even had a couple of power outages last week because of wind storms in the city. It turns out that that was all just a warm up for a massive ice storm that's arriving tomorrow. There's a good chance a lot of the city will wind up with out power for the weekend and maybe longer.

I've been working a lot so I haven't been watching the news, but I'd guess that that's why the grocery stores are having a hard time getting stock.

I hope I can get my spuds on Sunday eve, (I doubt I'll even leave the apartment tomorrow, I haaaaate ice storms!), and start back on the hack on Monday, but I don't know if the stores will have stock at that point.

I knew something weird had to be going on!

Hope the hack is treating you great, and all your taters are tasty!!

Wish me luck this weekend! Winter is going out with a bang this year!
Hope the storms will be easy on you, they are calling for severe storms here tomorrow also. But luckily not winter weather storm. Winter is being tough on giving up we will have 80 degree weather for awhile then we get snow.
The hack started great losing 5lbs the first day then hit a 2 day stall, dropped 1lb then have hit another stall. Today will be the end of my 5 day hack.
Good luck on getting taters soon!! Take Care
Old 04-14-2018, 12:53 PM   #794
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ShrinkingWoman
Stats: HW 207 197/170/157 H-5'10
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 1, 2017
I second Portia that I hope you guys move over to the new boards before these close. I love reading you results on the potato hack. I wish the hack would have worked for myself but I actually felt awful on it. Not sure why I eat potatoes all the time but just eating them and nothing else I had lots of stomach pain and swelling. Despite all that is still think about trying it again lol. Come on over to the new forums and start a new potato hack thread before June so we can follow along. It's very inspiring.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #795
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Is the new board on Low Carb friends or a different website?
Old 04-15-2018, 08:50 AM   #796
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone!
I followed the link that PACarolsue posted and just joined under the name MessyNessy, (because I looked around my kitchen and thought it was the most accurate name!). I'm super low tech so hopefully once they send me my confirmation email it'll be easy to figure out.
Thanks for the head's up pOrtia, ShrinkingWoman and PACarolSue, it's very much appreciated!
Take care All!
Old 04-15-2018, 08:55 AM   #797
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

[quote=Harley27330;17731677]
Quote:

Hope the storms will be easy on you, they are calling for severe storms here tomorrow also. But luckily not winter weather storm. Winter is being tough on giving up we will have 80 degree weather for awhile then we get snow.
The hack started great losing 5lbs the first day then hit a 2 day stall, dropped 1lb then have hit another stall. Today will be the end of my 5 day hack.
Good luck on getting taters soon!! Take Care
We got hit hard yesterday, (400+ collisions on the roads in one day!) and we're still experiencing icy snow/rain right now so I doubt any taters made it into town.

Both spring and potatoes are playing hard to get right now!

I'm looking at buying a spiralizer to make your chips Harley - the main thing I need is the flat blade, ( I think they call it the "ribbon style blade), right? I can't believe how many different options there are on the market, anything I should look out for?

Hope you're enjoying your two days off!
Old 04-15-2018, 01:48 PM   #798
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/190.5/175 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Nessa, a few people had problems getting activated, but all go in eventually. See you there!!

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 01:51 PM   #799
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

[quote=MzNessa;17731849]
Quote:

We got hit hard yesterday, (400+ collisions on the roads in one day!) and we're still experiencing icy snow/rain right now so I doubt any taters made it into town.

Both spring and potatoes are playing hard to get right now!

I'm looking at buying a spiralizer to make your chips Harley - the main thing I need is the flat blade, ( I think they call it the "ribbon style blade), right? I can't believe how many different options there are on the market, anything I should look out for?

Hope you're enjoying your two days off!
Oh I would hate to be the officer's having to investigate all them wrecks, so I'm guessing you are keeping power right now. We are starting to get some wind and rain here and are under a tornado watch. I am cooking up everything early since there is a very good possibility we will be losing power.
Yes the ribbon slicer is what I use and it does exactly that makes long ribbons of chips. I can separate them or bake them whole they might not be pretty but sure are good. It is wonderful when I was having to hand cut everything and realized that I already had the spiralizer. If I was getting one to make chips I would look for a brand that does the slices.
I ended up with 2 stalls on my 5 day hack and ended up with a 7 pound loss. Even though the 5 pounds were what I gained on my last 2 day's off of the hack I am still down 2 pounds of what I was last time and that makes me happy.
Take Care and hope you get your Spring Weather and taters soon
Old 04-15-2018, 02:05 PM   #800
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkingWoman View Post
I second Portia that I hope you guys move over to the new boards before these close. I love reading you results on the potato hack. I wish the hack would have worked for myself but I actually felt awful on it. Not sure why I eat potatoes all the time but just eating them and nothing else I had lots of stomach pain and swelling. Despite all that is still think about trying it again lol. Come on over to the new forums and start a new potato hack thread before June so we can follow along. It's very inspiring.
Thank you for the invitation!!
Old 04-15-2018, 02:12 PM   #801
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

I submitted my registration on the new board as Luv2beach, seems I have been hitting the beach more than I have 2 wheels. My Mom told me she did not know anyone who enjoyed going to the beach more than I do. So Mom this is for you!!
Old 04-15-2018, 02:58 PM   #802
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/190.5/175 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
I would luv2beach, but I live too far away.

So once you get in, all you have to do is go to the JUDDD section and start a new thread The Great Potato Hack....and keep on hackin'!!

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:04 PM   #803
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
I would luv2beach, but I live too far away.

So once you get in, all you have to do is go to the JUDDD section and start a new thread The Great Potato Hack....and keep on hackin'!!
Thanks!!
Old 04-22-2018, 11:26 AM   #804
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Even though no one has been on here lately, I just wanted to share that today I finally made my goal of a total of 100 pounds lost!!!
Old 04-24-2018, 11:58 AM   #805
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Even though no one has been on here lately, I just wanted to share that today I finally made my goal of a total of 100 pounds lost!!!
Fantastic achievement, Harley! Soooo happy for you.

:clap :

Old 04-24-2018, 04:35 PM   #806
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
Fantastic achievement, Harley! Soooo happy for you.

:clap :

Thank you p0rtia!!