Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2017, 09:31 AM   #1
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Slimming down in September

September 1st already! Let's get slimmer and support each other.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2017, 12:11 PM   #2
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
So I'm going to get to taping off the hallway doors and baseboards for painting. I did pick up some low sodium turkey bacon, add that to my arsenal. One piece and one hb egg so far. Tons of water after morning coffee too. Now off to be some kind of productive....

Thanks for the new thread!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:59 PM   #3
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Breakfast- 2 eggs 1 sausage patty

Lunch- The last of the smoked chicken. I had the wing and half the breast. I am definitely going to smoke some more. So yummy!

Dinner- 1 cup of ground turkey with mustard and a little ketchup.

I pretty much sat on my rear end all day. I even got to play the play station for a couple hours.

Michelle Hope you were able to be productive!
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 06:20 PM   #4
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
I painted the whole hallway. It was quite obvious it hasn't been painted since the texturing was put on. It soaked up so much paint. I'm in love with the color, so I thought well maybe I should continue it up the stairs and the hallway upstairs so I paited some different areas but with a ton of natural light up there I despise it. So crazy how a color in a dim hallway looks so much different in a sunshine stairwell. So then I though I would try it in the dining room and not as bad as stairwell but it's a no go in the dining room too. But since the bathroom down stairs doesn't have any natural light when we finish the remodel in the basement I think it will look perfect in there. It's a very Art Deco light/medium teal.

Okay had dinner. 3 egg omelette. Totally full right now. Totally on plan for day 1 of my 30 day hardcore little challenge. Feeling good! Hopefully hip isn't bad tomorrow from painting. Have a feeling this hip will be tons better after getting weight off it!

Gonna watch a show and relax with DH and Violet!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 04:34 AM   #5
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,775
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 194/121/125 5'2"
WOE: QWL/Inches Off
Start Date: 1/3/15
Good Morning!! Thanks for the new thread Bratty!! WOW.. September already!! Back to work, back to school, back to business!!! My weight is up from my few weeks of vacation feasting.. gosh sometimes they come back just as fast as they left! lololol Im actually not planning on going strict again until Tuesday, but Im here to cheer everyone else on!!

Go YOU! and YOU! and YOU! and YOU!! and YOU!!

__________________
QWL RESULTS: -72 / INCHES OFF RESULTS: -17
W1:-11 lbs. / W9: - 2 lbs. / W17: -2 lbs. / W1: -8
W2: -5 lbs. / W10: -3 lbs. / W18: -0 lbs. / W2: -5
W3: -5 lbs. / W11: -2 lbs. / W19: -3 lbs. / W3: -4
W4: -1 lbs. / W12: -2 lbs. / W20: -2 lbs. / W4:
W5: -3 lbs. / W13: -3 lbs. / W21: -0 lbs.
W6: -4 lbs. / W14: -3 lbs. / W22: -2 lbs.
W7: -4 lbs. / W15: -2 lbs. / W23: -5 lbs.
W8: -2 lbs. / W16: -5 lbs. / W24: -1 lbs.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 05:50 AM   #6
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Finally saw a small drop. 1 to go to get back to 220. I have never had this hard of a time losing. It's going to be mostly eggs today. They really throw the fat percentages off but I think I lose better with then. 5 eggs yesterday, other stuff to, but they brought the fat up to 32g, ended up being 54%. Seems so odd when we are supposed to be cutting the fat. But Stillman says they are great and eating them finally let my bod drop a lb so heck ya I'm rolling with it.

Up earlier than I wanted to be. But it is Violet free time, house is nice and quiet, can enjoy my coffee and there is no demanding 2 yo making sure I don't take my eyes off her for 2 seconds. I was finishing up painting yesterday and had dd2 keeping an eye on Violet. I had given her a pickle slice, she had peeked around the corner and saw me painting then I thought she went back out to entertain dd2. All was quiet until I hear dd2 say "don't paint the wall with your pickle"!

I'll come check in again later. And Al it's so nice to see you again. Sorry/not sorry to see you'll be joining us again for a tuneup. Welcome back!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:29 AM   #7
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,575
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Happy Saturday, all! Bratty, thanks for starting the Sept thread! AL! Great to see you. I'm sure you'll have the few lbs off in no time. What will it be?? Pork, chicken, turkey? I love your mono food diets, they really seem to work great.

Hey Michelle! I hear ya on the fat content in eggs. I always feel I'm doing something wrong but they seem to help me lose and don't stall me. One day I think I was at 60g. Hmmm... Oh and Violet sounds soooo cute, painting the wall with a pickle.. LOL! DH and I sold our Duluth house in 2015 and I painted the entire upstairs.. It was quite a workout but I really enjoyed being upstairs all by myself drinking energy drinks and listening to the radio...haha..there's a station up there called "The Duke" that plays old 80's and 90's country and DH loves it.. I am more along the lines of the Squatch. (classic rock)

Jeanie, where are you? Hope you're feeling better today. I am sending prayers and good vibes.

Just sitting here drinking coffee and doing a few things for work. It's cloudy right now but the sun should come out and get up around 80 so our plan is to take the kids to the fair later this afternoon. I will probably get my beloved pork chop on a stick.

Tomorrow DH and I are going out for dinner for our anniversary, not sure where yet.

Yesterday went well... I was really focusing on waiting til I was really hungry before I ate. I worked til noon then ran a few errands, when I got home it was around 1 and I had 4 hardboiled eggs with a teensy bit of light mayo. DH wanted me to wait for him to get home before picking up the kids (last day at daycare) so I busied myself around the house and colored my roots.. lol.. I think the root touch-up works great and is sooo cheap but I have to do it every 4 weeks.

It was a bit sad at daycare, we said our goodbyes to everyone... came home and the movie "The House of Sand and Fog" was on so DH and I got sucked into that while the kids jumped on the neighbor's trampoline.

For dinner I made hamburger helper for them and I had 4 more HB eggs. Before bed I had a little Arctic Zero and a handful of nuts but it was a small serving. Slept great last night!

I did not weigh this morning, I am really trying to stick to the weekly weigh-ins because it's more exciting for me. LOL. When I see a big drop it's like I get greedy and want more and more.. lol.. but I know I need to give my body time to adjust and I'm only trying to lose 4.6 more lbs.

Hope you all have a nice Labor Day weekend! I looked at my calendar last night and I was 69 days binge-free. I had a weird alcohol-related dream though.. I was at some event where they were tracking the number of beers I was drinking and I had to look at a log of it the next day and was horrified by how much I had drank.. LOL

I will check in later! Hope I don't fall into a bucket of Sweet Martha's cookies at the fair, not really my thing so I think I'm safe!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147

Last edited by deanslist; 09-02-2017 at 07:37 AM..
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:00 AM   #8
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Down 1.6 lbs but I slept in and weight 4 hours later than usual. I would not be surprised for a little bounce back tomorrow.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:01 AM   #9
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Good Morning!! Thanks for the new thread Bratty!! WOW.. September already!! Back to work, back to school, back to business!!! My weight is up from my few weeks of vacation feasting.. gosh sometimes they come back just as fast as they left! lololol Im actually not planning on going strict again until Tuesday, but Im here to cheer everyone else on!!

Go YOU! and YOU! and YOU! and YOU!! and YOU!!

Welcome back! How was your vacation?
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:03 AM   #10
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Finally saw a small drop. 1 to go to get back to 220. I have never had this hard of a time losing. It's going to be mostly eggs today. They really throw the fat percentages off but I think I lose better with then. 5 eggs yesterday, other stuff to, but they brought the fat up to 32g, ended up being 54%. Seems so odd when we are supposed to be cutting the fat. But Stillman says they are great and eating them finally let my bod drop a lb so heck ya I'm rolling with it.

Up earlier than I wanted to be. But it is Violet free time, house is nice and quiet, can enjoy my coffee and there is no demanding 2 yo making sure I don't take my eyes off her for 2 seconds. I was finishing up painting yesterday and had dd2 keeping an eye on Violet. I had given her a pickle slice, she had peeked around the corner and saw me painting then I thought she went back out to entertain dd2. All was quiet until I hear dd2 say "don't paint the wall with your pickle"!

I'll come check in again later. And Al it's so nice to see you again. Sorry/not sorry to see you'll be joining us again for a tuneup. Welcome back!
I seem to do wonderful on eggs. I just have to be careful or I get sick of eating them too fast.
LOL @ don't paint the wall with your pickle. Kids can be so funny.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:07 AM   #11
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Happy Saturday, all! Bratty, thanks for starting the Sept thread! AL! Great to see you. I'm sure you'll have the few lbs off in no time. What will it be?? Pork, chicken, turkey? I love your mono food diets, they really seem to work great.

Hey Michelle! I hear ya on the fat content in eggs. I always feel I'm doing something wrong but they seem to help me lose and don't stall me. One day I think I was at 60g. Hmmm... Oh and Violet sounds soooo cute, painting the wall with a pickle.. LOL! DH and I sold our Duluth house in 2015 and I painted the entire upstairs.. It was quite a workout but I really enjoyed being upstairs all by myself drinking energy drinks and listening to the radio...haha..there's a station up there called "The Duke" that plays old 80's and 90's country and DH loves it.. I am more along the lines of the Squatch. (classic rock)

Jeanie, where are you? Hope you're feeling better today. I am sending prayers and good vibes.

Just sitting here drinking coffee and doing a few things for work. It's cloudy right now but the sun should come out and get up around 80 so our plan is to take the kids to the fair later this afternoon. I will probably get my beloved pork chop on a stick.

Tomorrow DH and I are going out for dinner for our anniversary, not sure where yet.

Yesterday went well... I was really focusing on waiting til I was really hungry before I ate. I worked til noon then ran a few errands, when I got home it was around 1 and I had 4 hardboiled eggs with a teensy bit of light mayo. DH wanted me to wait for him to get home before picking up the kids (last day at daycare) so I busied myself around the house and colored my roots.. lol.. I think the root touch-up works great and is sooo cheap but I have to do it every 4 weeks.

It was a bit sad at daycare, we said our goodbyes to everyone... came home and the movie "The House of Sand and Fog" was on so DH and I got sucked into that while the kids jumped on the neighbor's trampoline.

For dinner I made hamburger helper for them and I had 4 more HB eggs. Before bed I had a little Arctic Zero and a handful of nuts but it was a small serving. Slept great last night!

I did not weigh this morning, I am really trying to stick to the weekly weigh-ins because it's more exciting for me. LOL. When I see a big drop it's like I get greedy and want more and more.. lol.. but I know I need to give my body time to adjust and I'm only trying to lose 4.6 more lbs.

Hope you all have a nice Labor Day weekend! I looked at my calendar last night and I was 69 days binge-free. I had a weird alcohol-related dream though.. I was at some event where they were tracking the number of beers I was drinking and I had to look at a log of it the next day and was horrified by how much I had drank.. LOL

I will check in later! Hope I don't fall into a bucket of Sweet Martha's cookies at the fair, not really my thing so I think I'm safe!
Happy anniversary!
Your dream sounds horrible but I laughed. Maybe us talking about it triggered it?
Enjoy the fair! How do they cook the pork chop on a stick? I watch carnival eats on the cooking channel. I am fascinated by the crazy things some of the vendors make.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:02 AM   #12
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,575
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Happy anniversary!
Your dream sounds horrible but I laughed. Maybe us talking about it triggered it?
Enjoy the fair! How do they cook the pork chop on a stick? I watch carnival eats on the cooking channel. I am fascinated by the crazy things some of the vendors make.
Yes I think the dream had something to do with all my logging.. lol and talking about it a bunch too.

The pork chops are grilled.. I'm not sure about the seasonings though.. could very likely have sugar but I'm not going to get obsessive about it. Maybe I'll see if they can make me an unseasoned one. I suppose I could bring my blood sugar testing supplies to see what that shows, might be a little weird to be pricking my fingers next to the pork chop stand LOL. I'm not diabetic but test it sometimes just out of curiosity.
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147

Last edited by deanslist; 09-02-2017 at 10:03 AM..
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:56 PM   #13
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Yes I think the dream had something to do with all my logging.. lol and talking about it a bunch too.

The pork chops are grilled.. I'm not sure about the seasonings though.. could very likely have sugar but I'm not going to get obsessive about it. Maybe I'll see if they can make me an unseasoned one. I suppose I could bring my blood sugar testing supplies to see what that shows, might be a little weird to be pricking my fingers next to the pork chop stand LOL. I'm not diabetic but test it sometimes just out of curiosity.
They are grilled? Interesting, and on plan! Have a ball at the fair, we are planning on going next year. I can't wait! And what a disturbing dream!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:00 PM   #14
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
So omg! Guess what I just discovered? Holy cow I am excited! I pulled up a corner of the disgusting carpet going up the stairs and discovered beautiful hardwood floors just like we have on the main floor! We just assumed the stairs were not hardwood because we pulled up corners in the bedrooms upstairs and it's not hard wood. So at least the stairs don't have to be replaced and I can tear out that awful carpet. Haha DH will be in shock again cause he's going to come home to no carpet, well at least to the top of the stairs. Well I hope anyways there are 2 landings before the top of the stairs so I suppose the landings might not be good. I sure hope the landings are good too! Might have to refinish? I'm going to go find out! Keep your fingers crossed

Last edited by MichelleHu; 09-02-2017 at 02:03 PM..
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:02 PM   #15
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
So omg! Guess what I just discovered? Holy cow I am excited! I pulled up a corner of the disgusting carpet going up the stairs and discovered beautiful hardwood floors just like we have on the main floor! We just assumed the stairs were not hardwood because we pulled up corners in the bedrooms upstairs and it's not hard wood. So at least the stairs don't have to be replaced and I can tear out that awful carpet. Haha DH will be in shock again cause he's going to come home to no carpet, well at least to the top of the stairs. Well I hope anyways there are 2 landings before the top of the stairs so I suppose the landings might not be good. I sure hope the landings are good too! Might have to refinish? I'm going to go find out! Keep your fingers crossed
Hardwood can be so beautiful. How cool you found some on your stairs. Careful going down the stairs in socks!
I used to shock my husband at least once every couple of weeks rearranging the furniture. I miss it! The house we are in now makes it impossible to change anything. At least not the big moves I like to do.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:41 PM   #16
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!
 
betterthanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,392
Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/168...168/155
WOE: Atkins/fasting
Start Date: Feb 2014
Hi! I just started this. I found something called "Protein sparing modified fast" and it reminded me a lot of Stillmans, so I thought I'd drop in to this thread. I've been very low carb for several years now, but have been struggling with my weight a lot the last year or so. I had originally lost 100 lbs, but have put on about 30 lbs, which I really want to take off. I started on Wednesday...100g protein, less than 20 carbs or fat. So far, so good. PSMF suggests a higher fat day a couple times a week. I think it's just to increase adherence, but I'm not sure. I'm assuming Stillmans doesn't suggest that?
__________________
100 lbs lost!
betterthanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:43 AM   #17
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Hi! I just started this. I found something called "Protein sparing modified fast" and it reminded me a lot of Stillmans, so I thought I'd drop in to this thread. I've been very low carb for several years now, but have been struggling with my weight a lot the last year or so. I had originally lost 100 lbs, but have put on about 30 lbs, which I really want to take off. I started on Wednesday...100g protein, less than 20 carbs or fat. So far, so good. PSMF suggests a higher fat day a couple times a week. I think it's just to increase adherence, but I'm not sure. I'm assuming Stillmans doesn't suggest that?
Welcome! 100 lb loss is amazing! I hope you are able to get your gain back off quickly. I have never heard of PSMF, I will have to read up on it. Stillman (as far as I know) does not have high fat days. I do however have them when I am having trouble staying on plan. I have found that it helps keep me on plan and even helps long stalls from happening.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:44 AM   #18
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Down .4 today so no bounce back. 2 lbs to get back to where I was before I rebelled.

Off for church! I will check in again later. I hope you are all having a great labor day weekend.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:01 AM   #19
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Forgot to put my food for yesterday.

Breakfast- 2 eggs 1 sausage patty
Lunch- Ground turkey bowl with mustard and a little ketchup
Dinner- 2 pieces cloud bread with turkey lunch meat and mustard. Made a sandwich!
Evening snack- about 1/4 cup of shelled sunflower seeds
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:34 PM   #20
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Having a bit higher fat today, am very weak and wore out. Won't hit carbs but I gotta get some fat. Got dizzy. Kids are getting pizza so dad and I ordered too so I can have pizza toppings to my hearts content.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:35 PM   #21
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Hi! I just started this. I found something called "Protein sparing modified fast" and it reminded me a lot of Stillmans, so I thought I'd drop in to this thread. I've been very low carb for several years now, but have been struggling with my weight a lot the last year or so. I had originally lost 100 lbs, but have put on about 30 lbs, which I really want to take off. I started on Wednesday...100g protein, less than 20 carbs or fat. So far, so good. PSMF suggests a higher fat day a couple times a week. I think it's just to increase adherence, but I'm not sure. I'm assuming Stillmans doesn't suggest that?
That higher fat day is exactly what everyone needs every week or 2 when doing stillmans. I'm doing it today.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:56 AM   #22
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Up .4 today. Tomorrow marks one week and then I will only weigh weekly. The bouncing numbers I can get drive me nuts.

My in laws are coming over today to hang out. Mil is bringing taco fixings and brownies. It is going to be hard to stay on plan today but I have every intention of doing it. The hubby has already decided to go off.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:58 AM   #23
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Having a bit higher fat today, am very weak and wore out. Won't hit carbs but I gotta get some fat. Got dizzy. Kids are getting pizza so dad and I ordered too so I can have pizza toppings to my hearts content.
I hope going higher fat helped and you are feeling better. Are you taking potassium and magnesium? I have found these two supplements can help with dizziness and muscle cramp issues the diet can cause.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:33 AM   #24
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Yes I'm taking both of those, just ran myself ragged. Still low energy today but a lot less sore. Just going to hang with Violet and watch old movies. Try to get my water in.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:49 AM   #25
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Clearly those pizza toppings had more salt than imaginable, just got off scale, I'm up a few. No biggie, think I needed it. A little break from hardcore.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:13 PM   #26
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,575
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Hey all!

I made it through the fair Sat night- brought my own HB eggs and had those while the fam had a caramel apple and mini donuts. I did have a gyro- meat only- it was delish.

Yesterday we had our anniversary dinner and I enjoyed a huge New York strip that was perfectly cooked. For dessert we went to Cold Stone and I had a small skinny vanilla with slivered almonds. It was perfect too. In the past, I'd use our anniversary as a pass to completely stuff myself to the point of sickness. My blood sugar only maxed out at 110 with that meal too!

Today has been so nice and relaxing- we slept til 10 am- it has been years since I've done that! I didn't have a prob fasting til 2 due to sleeping so late- I just had 3 eggs which will hold me til dinner. DD22 is coming over and we're going to BBQ...I will be completely on plan today!

Hope you all have a fabulous day!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147

Last edited by deanslist; 09-04-2017 at 01:14 PM..
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:19 PM   #27
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,575
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Clearly those pizza toppings had more salt than imaginable, just got off scale, I'm up a few. No biggie, think I needed it. A little break from hardcore.
Yes I think I need a break from hardcore about once a week!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:20 PM   #28
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,575
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Up .4 today. Tomorrow marks one week and then I will only weigh weekly. The bouncing numbers I can get drive me nuts.

My in laws are coming over today to hang out. Mil is bringing taco fixings and brownies. It is going to be hard to stay on plan today but I have every intention of doing it. The hubby has already decided to go off.
I hear ya. Once I get the number in my head, it's there whether I like it or not. Weighing only 1-2x a week on days when I have 'that thin feeling' has helped a lot!

Have fun with the fam!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:18 PM   #29
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
I did not go off plan! I had smoked chicken legs. Hopefully the scale rewards me tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Hey all!

I made it through the fair Sat night- brought my own HB eggs and had those while the fam had a caramel apple and mini donuts. I did have a gyro- meat only- it was delish.

Yesterday we had our anniversary dinner and I enjoyed a huge New York strip that was perfectly cooked. For dessert we went to Cold Stone and I had a small skinny vanilla with slivered almonds. It was perfect too. In the past, I'd use our anniversary as a pass to completely stuff myself to the point of sickness. My blood sugar only maxed out at 110 with that meal too!

Today has been so nice and relaxing- we slept til 10 am- it has been years since I've done that! I didn't have a prob fasting til 2 due to sleeping so late- I just had 3 eggs which will hold me til dinner. DD22 is coming over and we're going to BBQ...I will be completely on plan today!

Hope you all have a fabulous day!
Will power of steal! I think I would still pig out at the fair. Some fair foods are just too good to pass up. We used to go to Six Flags a lot and I would always get a smoked turkey leg to stay on plan. Their food never really tempted me. It sounds like the perfect anniversary dinner. Glad you were able to enjoy it.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:18 PM   #30
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Clearly those pizza toppings had more salt than imaginable, just got off scale, I'm up a few. No biggie, think I needed it. A little break from hardcore.
You have to take a break once in awhile. Keeps you sane.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.