Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-01-2017, 04:45 AM   #1
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 185/178.4/128 5'7"
WOE: AIP,Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
September Challenge!!!!!!!!

Good morning all,

Please join me for a new month of working hard to lose weight.

Today is day 1 for me. I decided to have the stevia in my coffee, but hold off on the cream. I am using coconut cream instead. The Mexican casserole I made last night was awesome. It would be a great dip for parties as well.

Goal - 167

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, stevia, 2 organic eggs, onion, pepper, tomato
L - chicken, mayo
D - Mexican beef casserole (so good), salad, sunflower seeds, vinaigrette
S - wine

Weight:
Sept 1 - 176.6

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2017, 04:48 AM   #2
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

MEXICAN SPINACH & HAMBURGER CASSEROLE : Lindas genaw
1 pound ground beef
1/2 medium onion, chopped, 2 ounces
10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
8 ounce cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons Seasoning for Tacos
10 ounce can Ro-tel tomatoes, drained (diced tomatoes with green chiles)
1/4 cup canned sliced pickled jalapeños
Salt and pepper, to taste

Brown the hamburger and onion; drain the fat. Put in a greased 2 1/2-quart casserole along with all of the remaining ingredients. Mix well and bake at 350º for about 40 minutes or until bubbly and browned on top.

Makes 6-8 servings
Can be frozen

Per 1/6 Recipe: 315 Calories; 25g Fat; 17g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
Per 1/8 Recipe: 236 Calories; 19g Fat; 13g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

8-10 servings
Can be frozen

Per 1/8 Recipe: 419 Calories; 34g Fat; 24g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
Per 1/10 Recipe: 335 Calories; 27g Fat; 19g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Per 1/12 Recipe: 279 Calories; 23g Fat; 16g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

MEXICAN SPINACH & HAMBURGER CASSEROLE II
2 pounds hamburger
1/2 medium onion, chopped, 2 ounces
10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
8 ounce cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sour cream
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
2 teaspoons Seasoning for Tacos
10 ounce can Ro-tel tomatoes, drained (diced tomatoes with green chiles)
1/4 cup canned sliced pickled jalapeños
Salt and pepper, to taste

Prepare using the same method as the above recipe, but use a 2 1/2-3 quart casserole.

Makes 8-12 servings
Can be frozen

Per 1/8 Recipe: 389 Calories; 30g Fat; 26g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
Per 1/10 Recipe: 312 Calories; 24g Fat; 21g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Per 1/12 Recipe: 260 Calories; 20g Fat; 17g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128

Last edited by pcaltman; 09-01-2017 at 04:49 AM..
Old 09-01-2017, 05:33 AM   #3
kt_mom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kt_mom
Stats: 5'7 185/151.2/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11/2015 restart 2/2016
Good morning ladies! The scale was down today but still above where I was two days ago..I have no idea what's going on. I was on plan food wise all day yesterday and stopped eating by 7pm. DH is off today so hopefully I'll be able to stay on plan all day/evening. NO drinks for me this weekend!

I had planned to do the bike yesterday while the baby was napping but had to take a shower and take an insulin pen to DD instead. I'd like to get it in today but we'll see. I have to take an exam and I have to do that while she's sleeping too. My goal for September is to get back into the 140's and to get back to the bike 4-5 times a week and to try to hit 10,000 steps a day. I am not getting anywhere near that each day.

I'm doing a coffee fast with a devotional I'm doing so I had tea this morning. If anyone is wondering, it is not the same thing....I hope I can make it the 21 days. Not sure what if any effect this will have on my losses. I often drink a cup of coffee to keep from eating something I shouldn't and to get rid of cravings. I do have a thing of lacroix outside though so hopefully those will help!

Well good luck everyone, hope we all end September a little smaller and feeling awesome!

1-Sep 158
kt_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:12 AM   #4
Alene
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Alene
Stats: 195/173/145
WOE: Lower Carb
Pam, that recipe looks really delicious. Which one did you use?

Kt_mom, thanks for starting us out. I'm sure the scale will start moving again soon. You know how that old thing is. Good luck on your coffee fast. That would be a toughie for me!

It's great to be at the start of a brand new month. Wednesday was the end of 4 weeks of fasting, and after giving it a really good try I've decided it's not a good fit for me, at least for now. My blood sugar and electrolytes have been pretty wonky, and my energy has not been good, especially for my workouts and hiking. So, I'm back to 3 meals a day with an afternoon snack, and a little something sweet to end the evening with if I want it. My body does well with the Atkins' bars/treats. I did that yesterday and I felt SO much better! I can't even tell you how wonderful it was to feel stable blood sugar and to have a great, energetic workout! Loved it. My weight was down 1.6 this morning too, so my body seems pretty happy about this change.

I'm going to get in a weight workout, do some things around the house, color my hair, and then head down to my BF's. His son is coming into town tonight and we'll have dinner with him and he's staying overnight. I probably won't be around again till Monday. I'm planning to get in some good walks and eat well. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

September Goal: 163

9-1 - 167.8

Last edited by Alene; 09-01-2017 at 08:13 AM..
Alene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:51 AM   #5
Kelibean81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kelibean81
Stats: 165/139/130 5'7"
WOE: LCHF maintenance
Start Date: 3/1/13 Restart 4/4/16
Good Morning everyone!

I cannot believe it is September! It's also very chilly here in Chicago so it really feels like fall today.

I'm pleased with my losses so far since I nearly hit the mid 140s in August, but I know this holiday weekend will be a bit of a challenge. I'm having some craft beers tonight so I'm planning my eating around that and hoping to stay as close to ZC with my food as possible. I just need to expect I may see a jump on the scale and remind myself not to get discouraged. I'm definitely hoping that if I'm wise with my food choices today and carefully stick to what I have planned that it won't affect the scale.

I want to really get back on track this month. Having the scale get to 144.5 (my highest weight since June of 2016) in August sucked, and if I let that happen again, I know I will face some of my favorite fall-weather clothes not fitting. I definitely don't want that! I'm in a better place now and not far from my ideal maintenance range of 130-135. The occasional alcoholic beverage typically doesn't affect my losses too badly, but food cheats tend to knock me out of ketosis and gain water weight very quickly. With that in mind, I feel I am equipped to know what to do to get back in my maintenance range this month.

September Goal - Maintain between 130-135

Sep 1 - 136.4

B - bacon and cheese omelette with salsa
L - grilled chicken breast
S - salami and cheese, a few craft beers
D - steak or pork chop on the grill

Kelly

1st Goal: 135 - MET on July 29, 2016!
Final Goal: 130 - MET on August 26, 2016!
Stretch Goal: 125
Maintenance Range: 130-135

Last edited by Kelibean81; 09-01-2017 at 08:57 AM..
Kelibean81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:11 AM   #6
fembomb
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fembomb
Stats: 5'4" HW 215 LW 134 CW 168 GW 109-139?
WOE: Atkins Pescatarian Fish is main protein
Start Date: Atkins since 1998/Lifting Weights
CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE who lost FAT in August
Even those who didnt meet their goal you are Healthier and Thinner In September!!

NEW TO LOW CARB WELCOME!! HWC is heavy whipping cream as opposed to cream or half and half

AMMENAH You are Doing Great Nice Finish for the month
I second the Disney..i am a Disneyland Addict!! Havent been to world since New Years 2000
When the world was supposed to end and didnt HA!

PAM Agreed!! The way we look at things can be very Helpful..This disease almost beat me
It was literally a change in my mind and way of thinking that is keeping me from drowning right now
That happened for me in june or july
i forget exactly when but around that time..
i had an epiphany about thinking positive and lying to myself in a Positive way
Same goes for thinking about worse situations
it doesnt help at all to dwell on our nightmares only to look at how to be Thankful
If pain is excruciating its very very hard to do this though
In great pain i really lose the ability
But i keep on keeping on bc i am not always in that pain

KT I see why you are a little frustrated..beer and cheese maybe too many calories dont know
Cheese stalls a lot of people..Good you figured out your paper
No Coffee hmm? I had to be without it for 3 years i missed it a lot

MICHELE Sorry to hear about your health issues..Good Luck with your new sleeping situation

ALENE Great Job!

KELLY Congrats on getting back in the 130s
I know its tough
why not plan some protein to eat before bed?
I too eat dinner early sometimes as early as 3 pm
And i stay up ..Last night i ate protein at like 1 am
If i am starving i am going to eat otherwise i will get a headache

KHAY oops..so you messed up ..Big Deal you lost Fat in August
And you look Amazing ..so forget about it and start fresh
New Month New Goals

BELINDA Good for you on your Fasting!!!!!

NICHOLE To get the profile pic up make sure your photo that you are uploading is the Right Measurements/size
July 194/Aug 186/Sept 177/Oct 173/Nov 169/Dec
5'4" LW 134 @ 19% BodyFat
Saline Breast 44" Chest 38" Ribcage Under Implants

~i dont do taxi cabs..i Do Limos~
Old 09-01-2017, 11:13 AM   #7
fembomb
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fembomb
Stats: 5'4" HW 215 LW 134 CW 168 GW 109-139?
WOE: Atkins Pescatarian Fish is main protein
Start Date: Atkins since 1998/Lifting Weights
August 31 Weigh in at 177.4 Surpassed my goal of 178

SEPTEMBER WEIGHT GOAL 170 lbs

Here are my stats from August
To Maintain my current weight/activity level i would have to eat 2170 calories a day
START Aug 1 186.2 lbs END 177.4 lbs
TOTAL LOST 8.8 lbs of FAT
BURNED 30,800 Calories of FAT approximately
Lifted 3 lb weights/7 exercises a day/6 days a week takes me 20 minutes every morning

Aug 1-Aug 31 AVERAGES:

Daily Calorie Average 1,175 calories a day a Hibernation Dinner every afternoon & Sometimes a lunch meal before bed or a protein snack
Daily Carbs minus Fiber 71 net grams
Daily Fiber Average 8 grams
Daily Protein Average 37 grams a day
Daily Fat Average 70 grams a day
Daily Potassium Average 2,047 milligrams

FOODS I ATE (no eggs and no dairy/cheese except butter and heavy whipping cream)
This is the complete list of foods i ate this month
Irish Butter
Coconut Oil
Salmon
Tilapia
Trader Joes Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
Tofurky Sausage Original (This is the only processed food i ate)
Romaine Lettuce
Coconut Water Taste Nirvana Brand
Swiss Chard
Kale
Spinach
Eggplant
Zucchini
Green Peas
Green String Beans
Pacific Organic Tomatoe Red Pepper Soup
Not Chicken Bouillon
White Baking Potatoes
365 Whole Foods Brand dried mashed potatoe flakes
Red Peppers
Sweet Onions
Black Olives
Fresh Garlic
Lots of Iodized Sea Salt
Cayenne Pepper
Lemons
Limes
Yellow Nutritional Yeast (Only had this once 1 teaspoon entire month)
Sockarooni Sauce(1/2 cup TOTAL entire month)

DESSERTS
Decaf Coffee swiss water process organic
Kroger brand nutrisweet
Liquid Stevia NuNaturals Brand
Acorn Squash
Sweet Potatoes
Carrots
Fresh Pineapple
Froozer Strawberry Banana pops gmo free from Publix
Heavy whipping ice cream with or without strawberries (using food processor and Gourmania Ice Cream Maker)
Pure Vanilla Flavoring
LorAnn Strawberry Flavoring
Artisana Coconut Butter often straight out of the jar on a spoon YUM!
Blackstrap Molasses (1/2 Tablespoon TOTAL entire month) I use this sometimes on carrots
High Grade Maple Syrup (1 Tablespoon TOTAL entire month) I use this sometimes on acorn squash
Cinnamon/Allspice

Dentyne Sugar Free Fire Gum

WATER

CHEATS ALL were logged and factor into my monthly averages of 71 net carbs daily
I Always Log and Record Cheats
Manuka Honey 20+ (8 Tablespoons entire month i dont want all this honey but i use it with lysine to stop the shingles headaches from hell)
Champagne Korbel Brand (12 oz TOTAL entire month)
Daves Killer White Bread (2 pieces TOTAL entire month)
July 194/Aug 186/Sept 177/Oct 173/Nov 169/Dec
5'4" LW 134 @ 19% BodyFat
Saline Breast 44" Chest 38" Ribcage Under Implants

~i dont do taxi cabs..i Do Limos~
Old 09-01-2017, 11:43 AM   #8
halldot
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halldot
Stats: fat/still fat/145
WOE: atkins
Start Date: restarted induction 06/13/16
Happy Sept. 1st everyone. Sorry I missed a day. Still at 203...I was hoping to start this month at 199 but such is life. Seems like I'm done with the water loss and the slower fat loss has begun. Yesterday was crazy and I barely ate. I ended up out running around and thank goodness I had a quest bar in my purse for an emergency! I found the 7/11 stores around here sell the quest and quest hero bars, so at least I can always pop in there if needed for a quick one to stick in my purse.
I'm eating the way I need to today, stuck inside in another storm. Flood warnings for my county. I hope the rain clears up as Kelly has a tournament this weekend. 3 games Sat and at least 2 Sunday. Wish us luck!
Ameenah I am a huge Disney fanatic. We have had annual passes for probably over 25 yrs. I live about an hour and a half away. This weekend starts the Food and Wine festival, which as most of you know we always go to often. My older daughter has already started asking me when we are going with her and her son! We also love Disneyland - went there a lot when I worked out in California! My whole house is decorated Disney!! If you need any info or have questions let me know. My daughter also used to work for Disney reservations, boy do I miss those discounts!!

Pam that Mexican casserole looks good. I make a lot of Linda Sue's recipes. I also love IBIH's site and Melissa's. Lots of good recipes online, just have to google them.

Fridays are simple for us, pizza night for the boys, wings for the girls!!

Depending on how early we have to leave I may not check in till late tomorrow, so Have a great weekend everyone!!

Lost it all before, then it all came back and brought friends after I had brain surgery for a tumor and was put on steroids. Starting over 9/07.

Two words that should never be in the same sentence together - or same meal - FLAX and MALTITOL......
halldot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:48 AM   #9
khay2015
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: khay2015
Stats: 273/221/150
Start Date: June 5, 2017
I'm ready to kick some fat out of my body this month so sign me up yet again. LOL. Ended the month with a small whoosh but I'll take it however I can get it. Here's to staying on plan.

Menu:
B: Shake
L: Turkey and cheese, almonds
D: Grilled shrimp, riced cauliflower

6-5: 273.5
6-30: 253.8
7-31: 244.0
8-31: 238.1

Sept. goal: Stay on plan and stop cheating!!!!
9-1: 236.2
khay2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:53 PM   #10
Julie1972
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Julie1972
Stats: 235/174.8/165
WOE: Atkins/IF 16:8
Start Date: 1/1/2013 (restart 1/30/17)
It's fun to read everyone's motivating posts to start this month off right!! We had a 3 hr early release at work today and I'm super excited that it's a long weekend. TOM is still killing me but I managed to do 3 miles at 6% incline on the treadmill last night. I really had to push myself to do it as I really just wanted to get in my pajamas and get in bed. I have been super hungry today for some reason and I'm likely a bit over on my carbs now. Ugh!

B: 2 fried eggs, cheese slice and 4 strips bacon in a Joseph's flax pita (5 net carbs), coffee with HWC
S: 10 almonds, moon cheese, Diet Coke
L: salad with turkey, feta, cucumbers, celery, red wine vinegar and olive oil, Diet Coke
Just now I also had some cottage cheese and a natural peanut butter and SF apricot jam sandwich on a Joseph's pita. I got home from work and felt like I was starving. I will try not to eat anymore tonight and just go to bed early. I think part of it is the exercise all week and part of it is TOM.

Let's have a great month!!
Old 09-01-2017, 02:43 PM   #11
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Alene I made the first one

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
Old 09-01-2017, 03:15 PM   #12
SizeSixChick
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SizeSixChick
Stats: 186/186/146
Start Date: 8/21/17 Getting Psyched!
Hi Everyone! September 1st! Woohoo!

Weight today:

My goal for September is 10 lbs. I think this is completely doable since I'm on induction phase and plan to stay around 10-15 carbs a day for the whole month.

I would be PSYCHED if I could hit 169 by October 1st but that might be asking too much but who knows?

September Goal: 172.2
Stretch September Goal: 169

Good luck everyone!
SizeSixChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:48 PM   #13
Julie1972
Major LCF Poster!

I wanted to share my recipe for what I'm calling TOM Emergency pancakes.

This week I've really struggled with TOM and I've had cravings like I haven't had in months. TOM is only every three months for me but then it's more severe. Yesterday I came very close to diving into food I know I can't have so I made these pancakes and they were truly amazing. They are also super easy to make.

1/3 cup almond flour
2 eggs
3 squirts of SF chocolate DaVinci syrup
Small amount of SF dark chocolate chips

Mix ingredients well and let batter sit a few minutes. Melt a bit of butter in an omelette pan and pour in half the batter. Flip the pancake when it starts looking dry on the edges. Repeat process, adding more butter to the pan, for the second pancake. Then top the pancakes with butter and/or SF pancake syrup.

The almond flour has 4 g net carbs, my Mrs. Butterworths has no net carbs and the SF dark chocolate chips have less than 1 net carb (2 in 60 chips and I used maybe 15 total).

Use this recipe only in case of emergency!
Old 09-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #14
cstyles
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cstyles
Stats: 309/213/?160
WOE: Atkins, the "old" one
Start Date: restart 4/1/17
Happy September, ladies! It is good to see you here already. I'm still plugging away.

This am - 213.8

Cathy
cstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 05:49 AM   #15
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

It's Fall Wow it has been nice these days. Today is rainy and cool. I am going to make a beef stew for the family, but take out about 1/2lb cube beef for me and saute that with onion and have a side salad for dinner. I one thing I noticed a lot are my menus compared to those that are losing lots of weight. The biggest difference is I tend to make a lot of soups and casserole instead of more basic steaks and salad. So I will be working on that.

Goal - 167

Menu:
B - coffee, CC, stevia, 2 organic eggs, onion, pepper, tomato
L - 2 chicken thighs, paleo ranch
D - Diced chicken, 1 cup salad, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, ranch
S - 1 hard boiled egg

Weight:
Sept 1 - 176.6
Sept 2 - 177.2

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
Old 09-02-2017, 07:11 AM   #16
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / Clean Eating
Start Date: October, 1999
hi, Pam! one of the reasons that I tend to "keep it simple" is that, when you're tracking, it's much easier to get an accurate carb count - as opposed to dishes with lots of ingredients. I tend to do protein and salad or vegetable. When I'm tracking, I do less veg/salad... When I'm in my maintenance range, I have more vegetables and tend not to track every day.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:15 AM   #17
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Also, there are "low carb approved" foods that I consider "treats" because they tend to cause a bump up for me - like, nuts, dairy (including cheese, cream, yogurt).
Old 09-02-2017, 07:35 AM   #18
Kelibean81
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,

Beautiful sunny Saturday here. I'm about to take the pup for a walk and then come home and make a late breakfast! I'm oddly craving a mimosa and I do have orange juice in the fridge but I know that would be a no-no!!! No loss today, but so far no gain from the craft beer that I had yesterday. I was very careful to ensure all the foods I had for the day were nearly ZC. Seems to have worked so far.

Today will be a relaxing day at home with the family. Taking care of some stuff around the house, and maybe hand-washing my car with DH. I'm having a hard time fully "disconnecting" from work. I have a company-issued cell phone so it's very easy to check my email, and I have a workaholic boss that literally never stops working. She sent a bunch of emails last night that stressed me out, and I have a tendency to want to respond and get it out of the way so I don't have it all hanging over me when I return to the office on Tuesday, which I'm already stressing over. I found myself checking more email this morning, and then I stopped myself and said NO MORE. It's a holiday weekend, and I'm putting work aside for the next 3 days!! I hope I can stick with that plan!

Grilling tonight and maybe I will have a glass or two of champagne, since that's hardly any carbs. Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Sep 1 - 136.4
Sep 2 - 136.4

B - bacon and cream cheese pancake
L - skip (late breakfast)
S - almond butter, champagne
D - steak or pork chop on the grill

Kelly

Last edited by Kelibean81; 09-02-2017 at 07:38 AM..
Old 09-02-2017, 07:46 AM   #19
Kelibean81
Senior LCF Member

Pam - I think you may be on to something! I use a fitness tracker app that allows me to enter the ingredients for a recipe and it will give me the approximate nutrition facts per serving. It's a great way to check how many carbs are in a serving of what I'll be eating (or shock me with the carb count and make me rethink my meal plans!). I normally enter an entire recipe into my app and check out the nutrition facts before I ever make the dish. However, I find this tedious so I usually shy away from recipes with tons of ingredients. Don't get me wrong, I actually love to cook, and have enjoyed making complex recipes, but like Casey said... simpler just tends to be easier for this WOE.

It's also true that most soups and casseroles contain more carbs than a more simple meal like chicken or steak. Because of that, I have to force myself to be very "exact" with my portions, and one "serving" (which is sometimes only a cup or less) of a soup or casserole tends to not be enough to fill me up, and knowing there is more available just sets me up for having a hard time and going back for more. Whereas I can make a huge steak, eat until I feel satisfied, and know that even if I consumed more than a "serving size", it is basically guilt-free on this WOE, and I'm not still hungry afterward or feeling like I ate more carbs than I planned. I love soups and casseroles, and do enjoy making them on occasion, especially in the winter. But I have found even using my crock pot to be difficult on this WOE because nearly every recipe I find calls for something with carbs.

Kelly

Last edited by Kelibean81; 09-02-2017 at 07:50 AM..
Old 09-02-2017, 10:10 AM   #20
SizeSixChick
Junior LCF Member

I'm a bit bummed because I've been doing so well and even though I ate all low carb yesterday, I gained 1.6 lbs overnight! Might be because I haven't had a good BM or too much sodium? I did eat ALOT yesterday but I stayed under 15 carbs. I had:

Atkins Shake 2 carbs
Low Carb mini pizza 4 Carbs
Sour cream and green onion dip w pork rinds 2 carbs
12 shrimp with low carb cocktail sauce 2 carbs
1/2 chicken breast 0 carbs

Nothing to do but keep going!

9/1 182.2
9/2 183.8

Last edited by SizeSixChick; 09-02-2017 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: Misspelled/Typo
Old 09-02-2017, 03:40 PM   #21
kt_mom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kt_mom
Stats: 5'7 185/151.2/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11/2015 restart 2/2016
Late checking in today, its been a rainy lazy day here and I took the opportunity to take a nap. Don't get to do that very often and it was wonderful. No movement on the scale this morning, but it hasn't gone up much throughout the day so I'm really really hoping for a nice loss tomorrow.
DH surprised me last night with tickets to the Cowboys/Redskins game in October and a stay at the Gaylord in National Harbor which we love. He got a ticket for my sister to go with us too. She and I are Cowboys fans and DH is a Redskins fan so its a lot of fun. DH and I try to go when we can and we took my sis last year too and it was a lot of fun. But its motivation to get back on track. I haven't tried on any of my jeans but I can guess pretty well how tight they would be right now. Anyway its a great motivation to get my weight back down so now I have a goal to get back into the low 140's by the end of October. That means I really need to step it up this month.

SizeSixChick- I know its a bummer but I don't know that your eating looks like too much. It could be sodium or it could be that you've burned the fat but the cells are still there. I've always heard that sometimes the empty fall cells will fill with water and you'll have no losses or a little gain and then your body will release that and you'll have a nice loss. I found that to happen for me sometimes especially early on.

Keli- a mimosa sounds heavenly! Those are my favorite. I wish I could find a way to make one low carb but I've never been able to think of a good way to do it.

Pam - I agree, I think I do better when I keep it simple. When I first started this in 2016 I was doing very basic eating. Eggs, steak, a salad etc. If I made spaghetti for the family I would pull some of the hamburger meat out before the sauce and just eat with a little cheese. Boring but simple and easy to track the carbs. Even my salads were pretty simple. Maybe I need to get back to that too.

Khay - your losses this summer have been awesome! Great job!

Hi to everyone else! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! We didn't do anything last night but watch a movie at home so no temptation to have a drink. DH did open some red wine and I thought about it, but I don't love red and it was pretty easy to just say no. DD has a friend over from school so we'll just be hanging out here again. Just to get through this weekend and maybe next weekend without any cheats or drinks and I'll have a better month this month. I'd love to see a 10 pound loss this month.

31-Aug 158.6
1-Sep 158
2-Sep 158
kt_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 04:35 PM   #22
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Kelly - I agree with you - I love to cook and adapting recipes to low carb... Just not every day... And mostly when I'm cooking for other people.

H, sizesixchick! I think it's the sodium in the pizza and pork rinds. I tend to stay away from the processed low carb food because of that, and I love pork rinds, but they're a rare treat because I'll overeat them - especially with sour cream!
Old 09-02-2017, 07:13 PM   #23
Julie1972
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Saturday! It was a yucky rainy day here so I got a good workout in this morning. I'm hoping I can do the same in the morning. My son who is now away at college is coming home for a visit tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that. He's still fairly close but I miss seeing him every day. I was pretty hungry again today. My appetite is definitely increased lately! We ate out tonight with friends and I worry that it will show up on the scale in the morning. Since I only weigh once a week it's not a great idea to eat a huge meal Saturday night!!!

B: Joseph's pita with cheese, 2 fried eggs, 4 bacon, coffee with half and half
L: 1 c cottage cheese, a few little cheese slices, Diet Coke
D: ribeye steak, Caesar salad, mushrooms, 1 glass of Cabernet

I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!! Have a great night!
Old 09-03-2017, 06:05 AM   #24
Julie1972
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh! The scale sucks! I figured I was going to pay for my indulgent dinner out Saturday night and I did. Hopefully I can make up for it this week. I've been adding a lot of weight lifting to my normal walking/running routine and I've been eating more as a result. This weekend I ordered protein shake mix designed for keto diets and I'm hoping that helps with my appetite and muscle recovery. I fee like I'm sore all the time.

My family is going to the movies this afternoon and I'm trying to decide if I should go. The movie theater is extra tough as the smell of popcorn is constant for the entire duration! That's one of those foods that I love but the smell just makes you want it more, so it's tough sitting there for 2 hours and not getting any. I always sneak in almonds or moon cheese, but it's not the same!

It's nice to have an extra day this weekend as I've gotten a lot of cleaning and organizing done. I went through our coat closet as it's starting to get chilly here and all my coats were huge on me. I ordered a new coat online and I'm excited for it to arrive as I found a beautiful Michael Kors jacket on sale. I also found a nice lightweight jacket at Sams Club this weekend. I love being able to buy clothes everywhere now that I don't need plus size. There are so many more options!! I started at 3X/2x depending on style and now I'm XL or L. I'm down to size 12 on pants and they are starting to get roomy finally. I'm trying to focus on those benefits instead of the slow moving scale.

I know if I cut out the occasional wine, bread replacements, dairy products, diet soda and artificial sweeteners I would do better. However, I know I'd be pretty misrable. I'll just keep going with the hope that I will hit goal by the end of the year. I only have 18 lbs to go, so hopefully I can do it and that goal will help me stay on track through the upcoming holidays. I've also realized that nothing will really change with my food choices once I transition to maintenance. I just won't get so annoyed with the scale all the time!

Have a great day and thanks for listening to my rambling!

Last edited by Julie1972; 09-03-2017 at 06:13 AM..
Julie1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:06 AM   #25
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Well my Whole30/Atkin's isn't going as planned. Not crashing and burn to bad but still not 100%. I ran out of coconut milk for my coffee so back to cream which is not Whole30. Oh well. I also did exactly what you said kt mom and made a beef stew for the family but took out beef and cooked that up for me. I put cream cheese in it though which is also not compliant and then had a bowl of the stew which was perfect for a night like yesterday all rainy. I also had 2 glasses of red wine. I can't remember the last time I had red, must be years ago. The only thing I drink is white wine, but want to stop completely to be able to lose as much weight as possible like Kt mom said. Those mimosa sound amazing though.

Kt mom - I will over look the fact that you are as Cowboy fans, lol.....I am on your hubby's side.

The hard part about keeping it simple is the cost of the meats and foods. I would love to have steaks but just cant afford them so opt for ground beef which I then need to make into something. Hence the casseroles and stuff. Chicken is easier to make and have sides like salads. Working on it.....

Goal - 167

Menu:
B - coffee, CC, stevia, 2 organic eggs, onion, pepper, tomato
L - nothing
D - Diced beef, cream cheese, bowl of stew (it was Whole30 compliant but had potato so not Atkin's induction compliant)
S - 2 glasses cabernet

Weight:
Sept 1 - 176.6
Sept 2 - 177.2
Sept 3 - 176.2

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
Old 09-03-2017, 06:09 AM   #26
Julie1972
Major LCF Poster!

All that rambling and I forgot to post my weekly weigh in:

2017 weight
1/30: 235.0 starting weight
2/5: 228.8 (6.2 lbs, 1 week)
2/12: 225.4 (9.6 lbs, 2 weeks)
3/1: 223.4 (11.6 lbs, 5 weeks)
3/5: 221.0 (14 lbs, 6 weeks)
3/12: 217.6 (17.4 lbs, 7 weeks)
3/19: 215.2 (19.8 lbs, 8 weeks)
3/26: 212.6 (22.4 lbs, 9 weeks)
4/2: 209.8 (25.2 lbs, 10 weeks)
4/9: on vacation so did not weigh
4/16: 207.2 (27.8 lbs in 12 weeks)
4/23: 204.6 (30.4 lbs in 13 weeks)
4/30: 204.0 (31 lbs in 14 weeks)
5/7: 201.2 (33.8 lbs in 15 weeks)
5/14: 201.0 (34 lbs in 16 weeks)
5/21: 198.4 (36.6 lbs in 17 weeks)
5/28: 196.6 (38.4 lbs in 18 weeks)
6/4: 196.1 (38.9 lbs in 19 weeks)
6/11: 194.0 (41 lbs in 20 weeks)
6/18: 193.2 (41.8 lbs in 21 weeks)
6/25: 193.2 (41.8 lbs in 22 weeks)
7/2: 192.8 (42.2 lbs in 23 weeks)
7/9: 192.0 (43 lbs in 24 weeks)
7/16: 189.6 (45.4 lbs in 25 weeks)
7/23: 190.0 (45 lbs in 26 weeks)
7/30: 190.0 (45 lbs in 27 weeks)
8/6: 187.4 (47.6 lbs in 28 weeks)
8/13: 185.8 (49.2 lbs in 29 weeks)
8/20: on vacation so did not weigh
8/27: 183.2 (51.8 lbs in 31 weeks)
9/3: 183.0 (52 lbs in 32 weeks)
Old 09-03-2017, 06:41 AM   #27
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

hi, Pam - I don't have steak very often - I get whatever is on sale that week. I retired last year and I have a set food budget.

Hi, Julie- your progress is amazing! You're right - if you're miserable you will not be able to maintain. As you get close to your goal and weight loss slows, you might have to tweak a bit to get there, but maintaining will be difficult if you add in those extras. Also, another part of maintenance is getting through social situations with a plan - I typically take something with me to the movies - i can enjoy a movie or evening out with friends without focusing on what I can't have. Maintaining is just a continuation of what you've been doing.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:47 AM   #28
Kelibean81
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone,

Well the scale is up today and I was completely on plan yesterday. I did have quite a few calories but everything I ate was on plan. I'm wondering if this is a delayed reaction to the craft beers I had on Friday. It may be... I know those are high in carbs and I had 3, which put me way over on carbs that day. Im registering moderate on my ketostix now so I guess I just have to keep taking one day at a time.

We have a family get-together today so I need to make sure I have a plan as the family likes to snack all day. I will bring a few low carb beers like Miller 64 (those don't stall me like too many craft beers would), and I believe we are having broasted chicken (breaded and roasted). The breading is pretty thin but I might have to take the skin off to avoid unwanted carbs and avoid the potato wedges. It's tough... I wish there was a better option but my mom always insists on ordering this particular chicken because it's "easy". I'm going to bring a favorite buffalo sauce which is low carb that I can dip my chicken in to make it more exciting since I'll have to take the skin off.

Sep 1 - 136.4
Sep 2 - 136.4
Sep 3 - 137.2

B - bacon and cream cheese pancake
L - skip (late breakfast)
S - lite beer, cheese
D - chicken

Kelly

Old 09-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #29
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

hi, Kelly- it's been mentioned here before - that two day delay in the bump in the scale... Plus, alcohol tends to make me retain water, so that could also be the case. It sounds like you have a good plan for today - bringing your own sauce and taking off the breading are good ideas. You're doing great and SO close to your maintenance range again! Enjoy the day and you'll be thankful tomorrow that you stayed on plan! It's about the big picture - your ultimate goal - not about what everyone else is eating.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:52 AM   #30
SizeSixChick
Junior LCF Member

Hello-

Well yesterday was a complete bust and I'm back to square one. My boyfriend and I went out and I was complete sticking to Atkins and then we went to a craft brewery. I had major carbs. I'm back on track today tho. Just focusing on tons of water to flush everything out, Atkins shakes, and a cheese omelet for dinner planned.

9/1 -182.6
9/2- 183.8
9/3 - 185.4