Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-04-2017, 04:06 AM   #31
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FindingMe
Happy 4th, Lovely Ladies! Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

NightOwl – All that wonderful bbq food sounds delish! Enjoy!

Dimply – NY strip, yum! I keep forgetting that utilities are cheaper in TX (but not the property taxes!!!). My monthly electricity bills always run over $150 in the summer and I have a tiny “cost efficient” house now that I keep at a balmy 76 except when I’m sleeping. My old house ran over $300. I guess it balances out since I never have to run the heat.

Mick - Campers/motorhomes are my kind of camping. Some of them are nicer than my first house and 3 times as expensive. That is quite the rock festival lineup and my favorite music! I'm an XM Octane listener in the SUV so I'd be right at home. I haven't bought any new music lately, but I own all of Shinedown's tunes. Volbeat and Avenged Sevenfold are really making the rounds along with touring with Metallica thru August. Volbeat is also playing down here this weekend at the Hard Rock. I want to go so bad...busy busy bunch of hard rockers.

I was ravenous ysd. I moved/extended my feeding window to 2p because that "BLT" was like a flashing neon light calling me. It seemed so huge that I actually only ate half and saved the rest for my official dinner. Yay for ACTUAL portion control! Bacon is a true test for sure.

Ysd’s intake

Iced Coffee/Cream

Lettuce, Tomato, 3 Slices Bacon, Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing, Mustard between 2 servings of Fathead Thins

3 Deviled Eggs

Cauliflower steamed in EVOO/Parm

Calories In: 1133
Calories Out: 2384

Last edited by FindingMe; 07-04-2017 at 04:10 AM..
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2017, 08:23 AM   #32
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/179.5/125 62.75" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Happy 4th!

We ended up going to Flemings for dinner last night. DH has been wanting to go for prime rib & they were serving it for the long weekend (usually served only on Sunday) so we went. I had no alcohol & ate berries for dessert (3 course meal) so I did pretty well.

Electric rates are low here, and in the past 5-6 years we have had to replace all of our appliances (including HVAC), so they are all pretty energy efficient. We also keep the house at 76-77 during the day then 74 when we are sleeping, so that helps. Property taxes are ridiculous and nonsensical! Our neighbors' house is about the same size as ours' & they have an in-ground pool and a recently renovated kitchen. We have no pool and the original 1954 kitchen, yet their house is valued at less than ours'. We filed a protest in May and are waiting to hear back.

Y'all are some rock chicks! I have somewhat quieter taste in music

FindingMe - Definitely great portion control with your BLT DH decided to try NY strip, bought 2, and didn't like it (he usually eats filets), so I ate one. Back to my beloved ribeyes tonight

NighOwl - Enjoy the BBQ & your corn on the cob treat! The food sounds delicious!

Mick - Olive is so cute! I'll bet is was a blast feeding her. If I were to camp, I would also need all the comforts of home - a/c, flush toilet that I do not have to share with everyone and their grandma, shower, etc.

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVinci's
D - wedge salad, prime rib, grilled asparagus, mixed berries, coffee
Dimply is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:16 PM   #33
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/194/140
WOE: low carb/ allergy free
Howdy! Happy Independence Day!!

We had a pretty low key day. We went and saw the new Pirates of the Carribean. It was really good! We got tickets as a Christmas gift and decided to use them. We didnt even use them as the movies were half price so we saved them for next time. I think we are lucky if we go once a year so hey it will be twice this year!

I really overdid the almonds at the movie. We skipped breakfast and lunch. Didnt think about it as we were busy in the yard , and running. I ate the whole bag!!! We came home and I had some leftover beef. So maybe not the best meal plan.

I kind of got forced into buying new short today. I looked while out the other day and didnt find anything in my size that wasnt so darn short. Dh and I went back to a store I had been at as he needed something and he picked up some I had already seen but they didnt have my size the other day. He pushed me to try on a size down as they looked like they would fit. Well shock of shock they did! He urged me to go back and buy a pair one and 2 sizes down as well as a swimsuit that is a bit too tight. Ill go back after Thur when they do their new clearance. He is afraid I will be naked on our cruise since my clothes have gotten big and I have to be pushed to go shop. LOL

I had to sleep with earplugs last night the booming was so bad. Im sure it will be worse tonight! They are illegal in our city but noone cares. Someone had an errant firework start their neighbors garage one fire. Idiots! Thats why that light that stuff off over the lake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOwl View Post
Thanks everyone, nice to meet you all

Anyway my day was pretty uneventful. Tomorrow we're going to barbecue a bunch of food (chicken, ribs, steak, veggies, etc) so hopefully I won't have to worry about our menu for the rest of the week. I do plan on splurging on an ear of corn though.

Mick - your idea of camping sounds pretty good! I hope you enjoy yourself.

Happy 4th to everyone from the US
Happy 4th to you also!

Your bbq sounds very very good! I hope you enjoyed your ear of corn. Did you have that grilled also? I think everything is better grilled!

Thanks it is always a blast at this Fest. Lots to do before Wed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMe View Post
Happy 4th, Lovely Ladies! Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

NightOwl – All that wonderful bbq food sounds delish! Enjoy!

Dimply – NY strip, yum! I keep forgetting that utilities are cheaper in TX (but not the property taxes!!!). My monthly electricity bills always run over $150 in the summer and I have a tiny “cost efficient” house now that I keep at a balmy 76 except when I’m sleeping. My old house ran over $300. I guess it balances out since I never have to run the heat.

Mick - Campers/motorhomes are my kind of camping. Some of them are nicer than my first house and 3 times as expensive. That is quite the rock festival lineup and my favorite music! I'm an XM Octane listener in the SUV so I'd be right at home. I haven't bought any new music lately, but I own all of Shinedown's tunes. Volbeat and Avenged Sevenfold are really making the rounds along with touring with Metallica thru August. Volbeat is also playing down here this weekend at the Hard Rock. I want to go so bad...busy busy bunch of hard rockers.

I was ravenous ysd. I moved/extended my feeding window to 2p because that "BLT" was like a flashing neon light calling me. It seemed so huge that I actually only ate half and saved the rest for my official dinner. Yay for ACTUAL portion control! Bacon is a true test for sure.

Ysd’s intake
Iced Coffee/Cream

Lettuce, Tomato, 3 Slices Bacon, Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing, Mustard between 2 servings of Fathead Thins

3 Deviled Eggs

Cauliflower steamed in EVOO/Parm

Calories In: 1133
Calories Out: 2384
Ours with AC set at 76 day and 73 night run between 160 to 220 in the summer. Lets not talk about winter UGH! Depends on if we get a heat blast or not. We have a 2 year old set up, added lots of insulation average house. WI just has high rates and taxes. It got a lot lower to these numbers and we were thrilled once the kids both moved out. Kids dont care to keep the bills down ya know

You would love this festival! Google Rockfest Cadott to see the lineup. I know we cant post links here or I would. You should go see Volbeat We tried to get Metallica tickets and wow was that sold out fast.

Your BLT sounds very very good! You know I really should work on portion control. You ladies amaze me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
We ended up going to Flemings for dinner last night. DH has been wanting to go for prime rib & they were serving it for the long weekend (usually served only on Sunday) so we went. I had no alcohol & ate berries for dessert (3 course meal) so I did pretty well.

Electric rates are low here, and in the past 5-6 years we have had to replace all of our appliances (including HVAC), so they are all pretty energy efficient. We also keep the house at 76-77 during the day then 74 when we are sleeping, so that helps. Property taxes are ridiculous and nonsensical! Our neighbors' house is about the same size as ours' & they have an in-ground pool and a recently renovated kitchen. We have no pool and the original 1954 kitchen, yet their house is valued at less than ours'. We filed a protest in May and are waiting to hear back.

Y'all are some rock chicks! I have somewhat quieter taste in music

FindingMe - Definitely great portion control with your BLT DH decided to try NY strip, bought 2, and didn't like it (he usually eats filets), so I ate one. Back to my beloved ribeyes tonight

NighOwl - Enjoy the BBQ & your corn on the cob treat! The food sounds delicious!

Mick - Olive is so cute! I'll bet is was a blast feeding her. If I were to camp, I would also need all the comforts of home - a/c, flush toilet that I do not have to share with everyone and their grandma, shower, etc.

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVinci's
D - wedge salad, prime rib, grilled asparagus, mixed berries, coffee
Your dinner sounds absolutely delicious!!! Im glad you two got to enjoy a nice meal out! Sounds like a perfect meal.

I might be a wierdo. I love every cut of steak. If i had to pick only one food forever it would be steak.

I hope you win the property tax appeal! Fingers double crossed for you!!! We have to do ours in person. We did it once on our hobby farm. WI has awful taxes too.I'm not sure how comperable they are to TX. Last year they jumped our value $15,000. Since then we have redone our second unattached garage out back. Im guessing siding and new doors will have them justify raising it a big chunk again.

Yep Olive was a blast except the 90% humidity in there.

I HOPE THE OTHERS THAT HAVENT POPPED IN ARE HAVING A FABULOUS 4TH!!
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:49 PM   #34
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

I forgot update about the wager. I won $246.56 and had bet $125. I'm still debating doing another 6 month game.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:00 PM   #35
nanabell
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nanabell
Stats: This time 241.8/230/180?
WOE: Basic Low Carb
Start Date: Restart 2/28/17
Starting for the second time this year. Somehow, I have managed to lose about 2 lbs in the past few months, but seriously ready to jump back in the game.

Thank you for starting the weigh in chart!

N-
----------------START --CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL------JULY START

Mick................199.0.....199.0 .........174 ................ 199.0
FindingMe........230.2.....230.2 .........196 ................ 230.2
Dimply............198.5.....198.5..........163.... .............198.5
Michelle...........220.......220.............190.. ...............220
NightOwl.........169.8.....169.8..........144..... ............169.8
Nanabell..........241.3.....241.3..........210.... ..............241.5
nanabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:12 PM   #36
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/215.2/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
The fireworks are going nuts outside right now. Hope they don't wake Violet. Had a great evening just me and DH last night. Had wine around the bonfire pit. Planned our camping trip for the end of the month. So tired of the burgers and dogs camping food so me and dd2 planned a whole new menu with all kinds of easy but delicious food and stuff I can make ahead. Gotta love Pinterest for camp food ideas. Kids gotta dig out all the camp gear see if everything still works or what's missing.

Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th.
MichelleHu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:13 AM   #37
NightOwl
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NightOwl
Stats: 181.4/169.8/140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: May 2017
The bbq was good, and yes the corn was cooked on the grill too (I agree, everything tastes better that way!). We then watched the fireworks, the city puts on a show at a local park which we are able to see from our backyard.

FindingMe - good job with the portion control! That is definitely something I have been working on (but I could easily go overboard with bacon myself).

Dimply - Flemings sounds yummy, I wish there was one closer. Good luck with your property tax situation.

Mick - I could also easily go overboard with almonds, I eat them all the time but I measure now. And yay for buying smaller clothes! Congrats on winning, what game were you playing?

Hi to nanabell and Michelle

It's super late here so I should really try to go to bed, I don't have work later today but I still have stuff to do. Have a great day.
NightOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:15 AM   #38
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Morning! I'm cranky from lack of sleep. Dumb rednecks!

Nightowl – Funny you are just going to bed and I’ve been up since before 3am. I guess my nick should be EarlyBird. So glad you enjoyed your festivities!

Welcome Nanabell! Good to have another person that is fighting for Onederland. I’ve had my share of gains/losses/gains this year (and every year) so we just have to keep pushing.

Michelle – Oy on the fireworks! Hope Violet made it through as kids are dead to the world when they are sleeping at times.

They were going off here until at least midnight in all directions (in our neighborhood and the streets behind and around us, too) and the noise carries so bad that it felt like guns going off outside my windows. I have 9 floor to ceiling windows on the back of my house and a huge window in the front so I might as well have just been outside. I finally fell asleep since I get up hours before the butt crack of dawn every day. I think I got maybe 2 hours and it was all nightmares. Makes for a worst mood than normal.

Mick – Nice money on the wager! Way to go on smaller clothes! That is the true acknowledgement of our success.
I think you did great going to the movies and avoiding all that popcorn and candy! At least almonds are on plan, right!? Lots of good nutrients, too. I guess it depends on the size of the bag. They make those little 2 serving bags that I usually buy on road trips if I don’t Ziploc.
I was confused about the rock fest. I thought you meant this Wednesday you were heading out (as in today). We get you for another week before the fun begins!

Dimply - I actually have a wide variety of music in my collection. As a pianist, I enjoy just about any kind of music (depending on my mood) except… that rap junk that-you-would-be-ashamed-to play-in-front-of-your-grandmother. I.do.not.get.it.

Your dinner out looked great! The asparagus caught my eye as I’ve been craving it lately. I’ve never been to a restaurant that offered that as a side. That I remember anyway (CRS). I'll have to look up wedge salad. Not familiar. Ribeye is my favorite steak, too. I only get the strips when they are on sale or ribeye isn’t available. I’m way over due for a good steak.

Ysd’s intake

Iced Coffee/Cream

Salad - Lettuce, Tomato, 2 Slices Bacon, Diced Chicken Breast, Sun Kernels (22g), Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing

1 serving of Fathead Thins with a splash of EVOO and Garlic Salt nuked to perfection

2 Deviled Eggs

Calories In: 1055
Calories Out: 2601

Last edited by FindingMe; 07-05-2017 at 03:26 AM..
Old 07-05-2017, 04:51 PM   #39
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

The fireworks around here were far enough away to not be noisy, but they lasted forever! Way past 11.

DH got a promotion today! I'm so proud of him - he really deserves it!

nanabell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
Your dinner sounds absolutely delicious!!! Im glad you two got to enjoy a nice meal out! Sounds like a perfect meal.

I might be a wierdo. I love every cut of steak. If i had to pick only one food forever it would be steak.

I hope you win the property tax appeal! Fingers double crossed for you!!! We have to do ours in person. We did it once on our hobby farm. WI has awful taxes too.I'm not sure how comperable they are to TX. Last year they jumped our value $15,000. Since then we have redone our second unattached garage out back. Im guessing siding and new doors will have them justify raising it a big chunk again.

Yep Olive was a blast except the 90% humidity in there.

I HOPE THE OTHERS THAT HAVENT POPPED IN ARE HAVING A FABULOUS 4TH!!
Congrats on smaller sizes!!! Unless your ports of call are nudist beaches, your DH is right to be worried Your weight loss winnings will definitely come in handy for new clothes!
I could eat steak all day long too, but prefer the fattier cuts. I'm Mrs. Jack Sprat.
What's bad about our property taxes is that no improvements have been done to the house since 2009, yet they continue to go up. When we bought the house then, we redid all of the plumbing & electric, replaced the roof & most windows, and added insulation, so almost everything was done before we even moved in. Mansions in River Oaks ($$$$$$$ area) are appraised at $3,000,000.00 then get sold for twice that, so the people with $$ & influence are getting the tax breaks We even had to chip in with our neighbors to have an extra street light erected on our block. Ugh!

Michelle - Sounds like a nice night for you & DH, and I hope Violet stayed asleep.

NightOwl - How nice that you can see the city fireworks from your yard! No traffic or parking hassles, and a clean bathroom. All wins in my book!
Flemings is our normal birthday, anniversary celebration place. We should probably branch out, but it's so good!

Quote:
Dimply - I actually have a wide variety of music in my collection. As a pianist, I enjoy just about any kind of music (depending on my mood) except… that rap junk that-you-would-be-ashamed-to play-in-front-of-your-grandmother. I.do.not.get.it.

Your dinner out looked great! The asparagus caught my eye as I’ve been craving it lately. I’ve never been to a restaurant that offered that as a side. That I remember anyway (CRS). I'll have to look up wedge salad. Not familiar. Ribeye is my favorite steak, too. I only get the strips when they are on sale or ribeye isn’t available. I’m way over due for a good steak.

1 serving of Fathead Thins with a splash of EVOO and Garlic Salt nuked to perfection
I don't like rap or twangy country, or anything too loud..lol And I like some really embarrassing music too
In case you haven't looked it up yet, wedge salad is made up of a wedge of ice berg lettuce, tomato, onions, bacon, & blue cheese dressing. Evidently it is a retro steakhouse classic that has been re-added to menus in the past few years. Unfortunately Flemings uses sweet & spicy bacon so I cannot eat it I trade DH my bacon for his tomatoes and onions; he definitely gets the better deal out of it!
at nuked to perfection

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & Torani's
D - grilled ribeye, grilled hot dog, asparagus, red peppers

Belated Happy 4th from Hazel!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hazel 4th.jpg (28.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-05-2017, 07:21 PM   #40
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Busy busy day! I'll update and catch up on posts in the morning.

Eats:
Roast and creamed spinach/ smartcake.

Pig in a blanket made with fathead. Spinach and berries
Old 07-05-2017, 11:32 PM   #41
rockinpeach
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rockinpeach
Stats: 256/241.6/140
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Restart 07/19/15 at 235.5 Restart 7/7/17 241.5
Hi everyone! Can I join in?
rockinpeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:06 AM   #42
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

I'm having one of those days and I almost decided to wait til tomorrow to get in here, but here I am because accountability is so key on days like these! Hope everyone is having a great one!!!

Welcome RockinPeach!

Mick - I'll have to look into this smart cake that you speak of.

Dimply - Cute pic! That is great about hubby. Thanks for the explanation about wedge salad. I have always been an iceberg gal until the last couple of years when I finally switched to romaine. Lately, I've been on an iceberg kick again. I like it better for wrapping burgers and the like.

I had an offer to get 40 bonus points at my coffee place if I got a latte so I did. I just got it plain with whole milk so I only had the milk carbs. I wasn't impressed. I used to love love love milk. Now it made me feel funky. Maybe I am getting lactose intolerant in my old age. That is not good because I bought a pound of sharp cheddar. First cheese in the house in awhile besides the Moz for Fathead. I am going to experiment with my cheese straws recipe using almond flour.

Tomorrow is official weigh in day. I've not wanted to jinx anything so hopefully I'll have some progress to report.

Ysd’s intake

Iced Coffee/Cream

Salad - Lettuce, Tomato, 3 Slices Bacon, Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing

32g unsalted almonds
2 servings Fathead Thins w/Evoo

Calories In: 1105
Calories Out: 2919

Last edited by FindingMe; 07-06-2017 at 09:14 AM..
Old 07-06-2017, 10:17 AM   #43
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Howdy howdy! Im taking a breather here I am checking in. Ive got my first bit of painting drying and will go do the second color when it dries. Ive also been messing with a leaky front loader door and need to call and see if they have the seal in stock. Figures it is almost 5 years old.

My scale decided to do the bounce up and down thing again

Frigging fireworks were still booming around us last night. UGH

WELCOME NANABELL and ROCKINPEACH!!! Nice to have you join us!!

NANABELL you got this!!

ROCKINPEACH pop right on in and start posting away!

DIMPLY Congrats to dh on his promotion!!! That is fabulous!!
Hazel is just precious!
Thats crappy about the property tax values and the street light! This year is the first 5 we have really dont anything too. We did the unattached garage and stamped concrete in front this year. They still climb yearly regardless. Our city just likes to spend $!
I love how you and dh trade!

FINDINGME hopefully you are not getting lactose intolerant. A lot of people that cant do milk can do cheese and yogurt though because of the bacteria during fermentation. I hope your one of them! Good luck on weighing in!! They had the smartcake brand all over when we were down south. None in the north. Im still eating the ones I brought back in a cooler.

MICHELLE Im glad you and dh had a nice 4th! i hope it didnt wake Violet. I love pinterest for ideas too. Most of my camper organizing ideas were taken from there. I hope everything was in good repair for you!

NIGHTOWL that is awesome you could see the fireworks from the back yard. The wager was for an online betting site where you make a monthly wager. I did a 6 month game . Im not allowed to post the name on this site.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:36 AM   #44
rockinpeach
Junior LCF Member

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome! I have to update my stats because I've been kind of absent on this forum for a couple years. I weighed in this morning at 241.6.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:04 PM   #45
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

rockinpeach! Please add your stats to the chart in the next post.

FindingMe - I have everything is crossed for a good weigh-in tomorrow!
Romaine is my favorite lettuce, but I also like butter lettuce. I can't stand any of the bitter greens that have been popular for salad for the past few years.
DH is somewhat lactose intolerant. He can eat a little cheese or sour cream with no problem, but cannot drink a glass of milk without having issues.

Mick - Hope your scale bounces down & stays there.

Where's Gail?

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVincis
D - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil; caesar salad
Old 07-06-2017, 06:05 PM   #46
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Old 07-07-2017, 03:37 AM   #47
rockinpeach
Junior LCF Member

Rockinpeach.....241.6.....241.6..........199...... ............241.6
Old 07-07-2017, 04:39 AM   #48
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

-----------------START --CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL------JULY START

Mick................199.0.....199.0 ........174 ............... 199.0
FindingMe........230.2.....228.6.........196 ................ 230.2
Dimply............198.5.....198.5 .........163 ................ 198.5
Michelle...........220........220 ...........190 ….............. 220
NightOwl.........169.8.....169.8 .........144 ……............ 169.8
Nanabell..........241.3.....241.3 .........210 ................ 241.5
Rockinpeach.....241.6.....241.6 …......199 ................ 241.6

As usual, I had my no-reason-whatsoever up-flux on weigh in day, but at least I stayed in the new decade and did for most of the week so that was a nice surprise!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!!! I'll be back later for personals...

Last edited by FindingMe; 07-07-2017 at 04:41 AM..
Old 07-07-2017, 06:23 AM   #49
nanabell
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nanabell
Stats: This time 241.8/230/180?
WOE: Basic Low Carb
Start Date: Restart 2/28/17
START --CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL------JULY START

Michelle...........220........220 ...........190 ….............. 220
NightOwl.........169.8.....169.8 .........144 ……............ 169.8
Nanabell..........241.3.....238.6 .........210 ................ 241.5
Rockinpeach.....241.6.....241.6 …......199 ................ 241.6

I am content to lose a few water weight lbs. this first week! Good luck all!

Nancy
nanabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:49 AM   #50
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Michelle...........220........220 ...........190 ................. 220
NightOwl.........169.8.....169.8 .........144 ................ 169.8
Rockinpeach.....241.6.....241.6 ........199 ................ 241.6

I’m trying to get used to a new keyboard/computer that somehow messed up the formatting so I’m reposting stats.

I forgot to mention my NSV yesterday. I put on one of my tighter shirts and noted that my shoulders and arms looked thinner (with the shirt on). I had quit lifting for a bit due to health issues and I thought it would be a good thing since my arms seem to be getting bigger but not more defined and the extra layer of fat just made them look extra huge. I guess what I didn’t realize is that strength training was keeping my skin somewhat smooth. When I quit, yep they got smaller as my weight lowered but either I’m losing muscle or in that stage so many talk about with fat loss where everything looks funky (I don’t want to use the term “dimply” in respect to our beloved Dimply, but you get the picture and I couldn’t find a better substitute word). Anyway, my long version of this actually means that I should resume lifting ASAP and just suffer with the back issues. And I have.

I’m just going to use 10 pound weights for now, but I really want to make a commitment to do this every other day. I’ve said it so it is so…

Ysds intake

Venti Whole Milk Latte No Syrups – most of it was poured over ice (definitely not worth the 23 grams of milk carbs)

Diced Chicken Breast with Steamed Cauliflower and EVOO/Parm

1 serving Fathead Thins w/1 ounce melted Sharp Cheddar

Calories In: 914
Calories Out: 2682

Last edited by FindingMe; 07-07-2017 at 06:53 AM..
Old 07-07-2017, 07:19 AM   #51
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Nanabell – Great job on this week’s new numbers!

Mick – Sounds like you are taking on some serious projects around the house. You go girl! I hope your scale behaves today!

OH, I did a search for store locators on the 5m@rt B@k!ng stuff and the closest place to me is New Orleans which is about 100 miles away. Other than the Big Easy, the farthest South it goes is North GA or TN. BUT, they do offer online ordering. I noted that they say they are having “record orders” so that shipping is about 7 business days out while they “ramp up”.

Dimply – You can uncross everything now. Dumb scale.

Mick and Dimply – Good to know about the lactose intolerant stuff because I can easily give up milk, but not cream or sour cream. I did have my first serving of cheddar cheese last night and my scale numbers went up. I don’t know if I can call that an intolerance, but I had maintained at a lower weight for a couple of days so I’m trying not to blame the whole ONE OUNCE OF cheese. Because. I. LOVE. CHEESE!!! Guess we’ll see what happens AFTER I make the straw recipe today. If it is anything like the real version, they are hard to resist.

Alrighty, that is my monopolizing of the thread for the day.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend!!!

Last edited by FindingMe; 07-07-2017 at 07:33 AM..
Old 07-07-2017, 05:16 PM   #52
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone! Scale bounced down again. Lets see if I bounce back up tomorrow. Bouncy ball~ Thats me!!!

I spent a lot of time outside working today. Nice day and not as humid. I had to save a turtle. It fell in one of the egress windows. Poor thing. Who knows how long it was in there. I set it by the stream between the two ponds and it went and layed in the stream.

Ive got to shop tomorrow , clean and decide what Im serving our out of town guests the next few days before we leave for Fest.Our gasket thing so the front loader doesnt leak should be in tomorrow. GRRRR it is almost 5 years old but was really expensive. I thought it should not leak when its under 5 years for the $$$

Ive got to shop for our group for that also quick before we leave Wed. Just found out Im getting one more and company for a few days right away after the Fest. Busy! I will try to pop on here daily quick while we have guests and if wifi works at Fest there. Last year it didnt but who knows!

Todays eats

coffee with cream

sausage/ ham/cheese and a piece of fathead

shake

philly cheese bake/ strawberries

FINDINGME~ Nah it sounds like more work than it is Hey it is 400 miles closer for you. I would order online but with the heat they want you to do 2 day for an extra $27! I'll wait until winter. Next Feb Ill be right by where it is made and may bring back a load

HUGE congrats on the loss ( even with a bounce!) and the NSV!!! That is awesome! Is there any way to get the benefits of lifting without hurting your back with weight machines etc?

NANCY~ Big congrats to you on the loss!!! WTG!!!

Howdy ROCKINPEACH< MICHELLE and DIMPLY! DIMPLY I wonder where both GAIL and MICHELLE are. NIGHTOWL too.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:24 PM   #53
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

I'm joining Mick in projects around the house. Nothing as industrious as painting, just some organizing which is years past due.

I will make everyone feel better about their arms. I have an 18" bicep (around) when I flex, but almost 8" (around) of that is hanging skin. I look deformed, and it's so hard to find shirts that fit my arms that I'm not swimming in everywhere else. And no short sleeves since the skin hangs down past my elbows. The more weight I lose the worse it gets. Surgery is definitely in my future. You can feel muscle and see definition in the non-hanging part, but these aren't even bat wings. Who was the flying dinosaur? Pterodactyl? Those are the wings I have

FindingMe & nanabell - for new decades!!!

Quote:
that stage so many talk about with fat loss where everything looks funky (I don’t want to use the term “dimply” in respect to our beloved Dimply, but you get the picture and I couldn’t find a better substitute word).
No worries! Dimply is my childhood nickname because of the dimples in my face, but now there's plenty more of me that's dimpled.
I am headed to NOLA next weekend, but the place that sells those cakes is on the West Bank of the Mississippi & we will not be venturing that way, or I would pick up some up for you. Have you checked Netrition? What about the site that shares its name with a certain S. American river?
I doubt it was the cheese that caused the scale to bounce up. Scales are evil!

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVincis
D - pork chop sauteed in butter; salad w/bacon, cheese, Green Goddess dressing

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 07-07-2017, 05:31 PM   #54
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Mick - You snuck in while I was typing (had to take a time out to give kitty her insulin injection). Have fun getting ready for your guests. I like the planning, but then I get lazy when it comes to shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc.
Is the front loader your camper? My first thought was your washing machine, but now I'm wondering...
Old 07-07-2017, 07:23 PM   #55
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
Mick - You snuck in while I was typing (had to take a time out to give kitty her insulin injection). Have fun getting ready for your guests. I like the planning, but then I get lazy when it comes to shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc.
Is the front loader your camper? My first thought was your washing machine, but now I'm wondering...
Yep the washer. It leaking out the plastic gasket thing.

I will join you in the arms thing. I dont know the measurements but when I saw the pics of me petting the sloth my eyes bugged out. I knew my arms were fat but I didnt realize they hung! Oh well we are what we are and if someone doesnt like it too bad for them is my opinion. I still wear tanks as I See lots of us in the same boat I do know one lady that did have that surgery. Her arm look fabulous. She said it was expensive and painful but worth it. She is in her 60s and wow! Everytime someone tells her how fab she looks she says " she paid for it and it was worth all the money. Im sure you look very lovely and you see the flaw more than others. We are all harder on ourselves.

Yep they both have them. The A site is more expensive and Netrition also wants the 27 extra for 2 day shipping. I get it though its hot and they are fresh food Maybe better I have to make them last and not have them often.

I have to share what I saw today. A very lovely and heavy young gal posted a pic of herself in a conservative 2 piece swimsuit on one of our local for sale pages. She said she had bought 3 sizes and was selling the other 2. She was modeling the other. Of course there had to be the idiot with a bad comment but the amount of positive comments really was wonderful! It just warmed my hear to see all the positives remarks when we hear about all the body shaming. I sure wish I had the body confidence of that young lady.

Well well well I found out Im getting an overnight guest tomorrow to add to the collection of visitors on the list.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #56
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/215.2/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Getting lots done around the house. Getting ready for company in 10 days or so, plus a huge BBQ while they are here. Not losing but weight stable still. Actually fasted 40 hours. Going to do it again but need to go eat something. Glad everyone is doing so well and had great holiday on the 4th.
MichelleHu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:47 AM   #57
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/150/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Oh ladies, I hear you about the arm fat -- it drives me crazy. Worse for me is the dreaded BACK FAT. Ugh! It is always the last place I lose weight too!
Mick, I loved that you saved a turtle! You are so kind to animals and that is a wonderful quality. Animals are the best.
Dimply, hope you have a GREAT time in NOLA!
Michelle, it is so amazing that you can fast for 40 hours. I really want to do that.
FindingMe, your eating looks great.
HELLO to everyone else! I love all these newcomers. We have such a fun group.

Hot and muggy here today in Boston so I need to get out and do the 8 mile beach walk now or else I will be a giant bundle of sweat later! We have a night wedding to go to tonight -- it starts at 9:00 PM in the city. I am such an old lady homebody that I am sort of dreading it even though I know it will be fun. Our friends, an adorable couple, actually did a small wedding with just family last night and now tonight is the reception party for all of their friends. When Tony and I first started dating, we hung out with a big group of friends and used to do happy hours with them on Friday nights. We moved out of state to Miami and NYC but still stayed in touch. Now that we are back in Boston, it is still great to see people. But we don't get out as much as we used to -- which is fine with us! Our idea of a fun night is a good low-carb dinner and TV!

I am looking forward to getting dressed up because I've lost a bit of weight. So I will get a blow dry at the salon and try to look as good as possible.

Eating has been good. We got takeout from Legal Seafoods (a local restaurant here) and they made low carb/gluten free crab cakes for us which we had with a giant salad. It was really good. I am always so happy when restaurants will accommodate dietary requests.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! xo
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:52 AM   #58
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Morning! I hope everyone is feeling groovy!!!

Michelle - Wow, that was a long fast! I bet that first taste of food was sublime.

Gail - Congrats on losing some poundage! Yummy crab cakes. I like crab anything. Enjoy all those wedding festivities!

Mick - Ms. Popular - You are going to be so happy to get your house back but I'm sure it will be fun for a bit. I always wanted the front loaders but I was worried about the leaking. You would think for the price that wouldn't happen. Yay for turtle saving. Those little buggers always seem to be in the middle of the road around here. Better than the gators, I suppose which we get lots of when we get too much rain at once.

I do like the weight machines but am too cheap to buy a gym membership. That reminded me that I should be sitting as much as possible and only using one weight at a time to target muscles without affecting my back as much. But I noticed this morning that sitting while doing some of my upper body was harder on my back because I could hear those discs grinding together with no cushion. I say harder, but maybe it was just the sound and feeling was grossing me out. Kind of like my knee does when I ride a bike. No matter what I do, even walking in place affects my lumbar. Luckily my sciatica has quieted down some after 3 months of misery.

Dimply - awww, you have dimples on your face. I don’t know why I never thought of that. I bet you are too cute! It took me a second when you said S. American river to pull out my geography brain and ...I am a prime member so I am double duhing myself anyway I think I'm good for awhile. I just got a new expensive toy and I'm already battling my portion control mistress with the basic stuff on hand. I wish I didn't love to eat so much.
Yay for organizing! I'm a bit of a neat freak and between the moving back and forth so much lately I have kept the junk at a min. I did recently take on the job of scanning all the pre-dig photos that I had accumulated including all my parent’s (who had multiple marriages after each other) photos. What a job that was. I'm so glad to not be lugging those boxes around anymore as is my back.

Thanks y’all for the upper arm empathy! It is what it is...but my goal is to at least have some tone from the front/top view since I think the pterodactyl wings are never leaving especially at this age and being over 100 lbs overweight for half my life. I haven't gone out in public sleeveless since my 20s. I usually wear sleeves to my elbows if possible. Another reason why I want to move somewhere that I can wear long sleeves and jackets more. AND scarves. Don't even get me started about my neck. That was the only advantage to being heavier. I looked younger from the boobs up.

Anyway let's hope that we get some promising shifts if we keep it off. I've seen people much older than us that looked horrible after even rapid losses but a year later so much better. As far as the surgery stuff. I wish I had the guts to do it. I hate needles and I don't do hospitals without being wheeled in against my will. I might feel different when my apron AND boobs hit my knees though.

Excuse all the excessive bragging but I feel like the Queen of Portion Control in my little kingdom. I’ve got cheese in the house y'all and I still have cheese in the house y’all. Oh, and almonds. I still have most of that 2.5 lb tub from the Sam’s trip of over 10 days ago and it is sitting out on the counter not hidden in the pantry. Man, I am good. Hah. I made the mistake of actually reading the label this morning and had no idea there was a best by date. Guess that was never an issue. and did y'all know there are different kinds of almonds? I had no idea. I wondered why it said almond lovers medley but only had almonds. 4 different kinds. Mind blown. They are tastier than any other unsalted ones I've had so I guess that is why. I am so sheltered.

Well, that's all the babbling for today folks. Thanks for putting up with me.

Ysd’s Intake

Iced Coffee/Cream

4 Almond Cheese Straws

Salad - Lettuce, Tomato, Cauliflower, Sun Kernels (15g), 3 slices Bacon, Homemade Blue Cheesing Dressing

Calories In: 864
Calories Out: 2998

Last edited by FindingMe; 07-08-2017 at 08:03 AM..
Old 07-08-2017, 08:28 AM   #59
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/159.8/150
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Hi guys. Finally jumping in after finally making myself weigh.

Michelle...........220........220 ...........190 ................. 220
NightOwl.........169.8.....169.8 .........144 ................ 169.8
Rockinpeach.....241.6.....241.6 ........199 ................ 241.6
Jess.................164.8.....164.8.........158.. ...............164.8

I hit goal weight at 150lb in December of 2015, I endeavored to recomp to gain some muscle. Which I did. Then my body went nuts, decided it hated ketosis, and I developed an autoimmune disease that makes it impossible for me to go keto again. (Keto didn't cause it. I just had a bomb in my genes. ) Sjogren's is evil. So I had to raise my carbs, which added water weight. The med I take to help with it adds even more. So now I'm just under 165 and maintaining, but I really really want to just get under 160 again and stay. I workout a lot and have good muscle tone, I just need to lose a couple more inches here and there, and I'll be happy. I've been trying to get the weight off for a year. I'll have to be super strict and low calorie to get it to budge, since my body is such a punk. I've been unwilling to do that as I was born a constantly ravenous beast and get hangry pretty easily. I fight dryness (eyes, nose, and mouth), joint pain, fatigue, and headaches. So hungry is just one more annoyance, right?

I'm going to read back to try and catch up.
Nice to meet you and have a great weekend!

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:39 AM   #60
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/159.8/150
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Regarding fireworks. We still had some rednecks shooting off fireworks every night since the 4th up until close to midnight on the 6th... I guess the jerks finally ran out. None last night thankfully.

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is offline   Reply With Quote