Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-08-2017, 08:48 AM   #391
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/215.2/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessluvzbacon View Post
Nothing good to report. Up a half pound from the last recorded weigh-in. I knew I wouldn't keep the loss...too close to the evil TOM which will likely arrive some time next week. Plus my hip is sore today. That's what I get for doing running/walking intervals. Too bad, hip. You don't run my life.
Quite frustrated. And diet fatigued. But I press on.
Still waiting on my bloodwork results over a week later. There's an online Patient Portal...they should have it up. And the draw site is still sore and has a 6in bruise!

Whine whine whiney whine.

Hoping you all have a wonderful day! And better attitude than mine.
I had a whine session a few days ago, actually helped to get it out and this is the place to do it. It's the frustration, we get it!

Down half a lb today. Trying to decide if I want to rip out the foyer wall now to put the double doors into the closet or wait till spring. I'm leaning now cause we have plenty of time to get it done before violets bday in march and all the dead of winter with nothing better to do. Bad thing is I have to bust through 2 sets of plaster and lathe. I'm still debating if I wanna work that hard. But I sure would rather do that then start an official exercise something.

Last edited by MichelleHu; 09-08-2017 at 08:55 AM..
MichelleHu is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2017, 09:03 AM   #392
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/181.5/125 60.75" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
START -- CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL ---- SEPT START

Mick................... 199.0........196 ...........174 ............... 199.5 (-3.5)
FindingMe........... 230.2........217 ...........196 ............... 219 (-4.8)
Dimply............... 198.5........181.5 .........163 ............... 184 (-8.5)
Michelle.............. 220...........218.4............190 ............... 220 (-1.6)
NightOwl............ 169.8........167.4 .........144 ............... 169.8
Nanabell............. 241.3........230 ............210 ............... 235
RockinPeach........ 241.6........234.4 .........199 ............... 237.4
Jess................... 167.8........165 ............158 ............... 167.6 (-2.8)
DebbieDowner..... 269...........257 ...........170 ................ 257
PlanningVacay..... 211...........205 ...........165 ................ 211
Handbells............ 228.6........224.2 ........199 ................ 228.6
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:39 AM   #393
pendragginp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pendragginp
Hi all, everyone seems to be doing pretty well.

Quote:
Is you name Plum, or is that a nickname? Either way it's adorable, and is in the running for the name of my next cat (no offense).
It's a nickname, because my initials are PLM. And no offense at all if you name a cat that!

Dimply, enjoy your trip!

Finding, I'm glad you don't have to evacuate, at least not yet - hopefully not at all!

Michelle, you are WAY more ambitious than I would be! Hold old is your house?

Off to see the new Reese Witherspoon movie.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:02 AM   #394
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Hi all, everyone seems to be doing pretty well.

It's a nickname, because my initials are PLM. And no offense at all if you name a cat that!

Dimply, enjoy your trip!

Finding, I'm glad you don't have to evacuate, at least not yet - hopefully not at all!

Michelle, you are WAY more ambitious than I would be! Hold old is your house?

Off to see the new Reese Witherspoon movie.
It's an adorable nickname. 1915 craftsman. We want to bring it all the way back to almost original. Most of the old doors and frames and foot tall baseboards still intact and the leaded glass windows and floors are good on main level. Built ins are still intact and great condition. But there's lots that need a lot of help and replacing. It will be a labor of love for the next 10 years I'm sure.

How are you doing? Hanging in there?
Old 09-08-2017, 03:26 PM   #395
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/194/140
WOE: low carb/ allergy free
Hi ladies. I shall not step on a scale as long as Im on a round of steroids The contest has a weigh in next week Sun or Mon so any steroid bloat should be gone. Last round I did for my back put 10 pounds on in days but it also came off in days. Im still pretty sore but better. Steroids really do help. Thanks Doc! Im only taking a pain pill once Im home and sheesh it knocks me out cold. Im like a 90 year old napping! My coworker has been an absolute blessing. Im grateful we work together so well. If not I definately would have been off if she wasnt.

Dh helping me in and out of the hot tub is hysterical. Im not that decrepit but it is super tall. When working Im alternating tyenol and 600 mg ibuprofen. Hit the chiro again today. Im not going to lie I am pretty crabby about it not being better yet. Ive just been so lucky with not having a rotten spell in so long. The inversion therapy, yoga and chiro usually keep me good. Its going to be a gorgeous weekend and I wanted to kayak but cant. Walking is good as always but sitting is a big no. As is carrying and lifting. This too shall pass! I guess Ill watch Mr Hottie chop wood tomorrow instead of kayak That might not be all bad!

So want to hear about my stupidity today? I stopped at a thrift sale at a church about a mile away. I bought a light weight high chair in great shape for $5. A nice man carried it and loaded it for me. I threw my purse in the back of the suv to move my fishing pole before he loaded it. I told him thanks and **** the SUV hatch. Guess who was locked out of the SUV. Yep me! I could have swore it was impossible to lock the fob in the car and not be able to just touch the door button to open it. WRONG. Good thing I can walk well All the walking actually helps loosen things up. Got home and hubby drove me down to get my SUV. I learned something new!

yesterday:

2 eggs/ sausage

lettuce/ burger/ tomato

Today:

2 eggs and sausage

turkey slices around a cheese stick

burger and squash

1 oz mac nuts

Michelle I love leaded glass! So pretty! Congrats on the drop

Plum thats a cute nickname. Hope the movie is good! Congrats on the loss!

Dimply your almost in another decade! Go you!!! Love the new pic of Hazel! Such a doll! Have a great time with your sister!

Jess your scale is a fibbing pile of rubbish for telling you that! I hope your hip is feeling better!

Findingme sorry to hear about the fridge. I sure hope you dont have to evacuate! A big hooray for little drops all week!!!!

Last edited by Mick6; 09-08-2017 at 03:28 PM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:03 PM   #396
pendragginp
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It's an adorable nickname. 1915 craftsman. We want to bring it all the way back to almost original. Most of the old doors and frames and foot tall baseboards still intact and the leaded glass windows and floors are good on main level. Built ins are still intact and great condition. But there's lots that need a lot of help and replacing. It will be a labor of love for the next 10 years I'm sure.
Oh my gosh, I'm drooling! I love old houses. If you say it has an attic I'll swoon away. Was it a Sears home?

Hello Mick, I'm sorry your back is so bad! Steroids can be amazing, can't they? And I've done that with my car too. It takes a minute before you can believe that you can't get it open too.

The movie was fine. Not one I'd try to go see again. And I'm hanging in there, doing pretty well actually - down another little bit this morning, so hopefully it will keep up. Halfway through another decade.

Everyone have a lovely evening!
Old 09-09-2017, 05:18 AM   #397
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
Hi ladies. I shall not step on a scale as long as Im on a round of steroids The contest has a weigh in next week Sun or Mon so any steroid bloat should be gone. Last round I did for my back put 10 pounds on in days but it also came off in days. Im still pretty sore but better. Steroids really do help. Thanks Doc! Im only taking a pain pill once Im home and sheesh it knocks me out cold. Im like a 90 year old napping! My coworker has been an absolute blessing. Im grateful we work together so well. If not I definately would have been off if she wasnt.

Dh helping me in and out of the hot tub is hysterical. Im not that decrepit but it is super tall. When working Im alternating tyenol and 600 mg ibuprofen. Hit the chiro again today. Im not going to lie I am pretty crabby about it not being better yet. Ive just been so lucky with not having a rotten spell in so long. The inversion therapy, yoga and chiro usually keep me good. Its going to be a gorgeous weekend and I wanted to kayak but cant. Walking is good as always but sitting is a big no. As is carrying and lifting. This too shall pass! I guess Ill watch Mr Hottie chop wood tomorrow instead of kayak That might not be all bad!

So want to hear about my stupidity today? I stopped at a thrift sale at a church about a mile away. I bought a light weight high chair in great shape for $5. A nice man carried it and loaded it for me. I threw my purse in the back of the suv to move my fishing pole before he loaded it. I told him thanks and **** the SUV hatch. Guess who was locked out of the SUV. Yep me! I could have swore it was impossible to lock the fob in the car and not be able to just touch the door button to open it. WRONG. Good thing I can walk well All the walking actually helps loosen things up. Got home and hubby drove me down to get my SUV. I learned something new!

yesterday:

2 eggs/ sausage

lettuce/ burger/ tomato

Today:

2 eggs and sausage

turkey slices around a cheese stick

burger and squash

1 oz mac nuts

Michelle I love leaded glass! So pretty! Congrats on the drop

Plum thats a cute nickname. Hope the movie is good! Congrats on the loss!

Dimply your almost in another decade! Go you!!! Love the new pic of Hazel! Such a doll! Have a great time with your sister!

Jess your scale is a fibbing pile of rubbish for telling you that! I hope your hip is feeling better!

Findingme sorry to hear about the fridge. I sure hope you dont have to evacuate! A big hooray for little drops all week!!!!

Oh Mick ~ steroids? Back away from that scale! I'm glad they are helping with the pain though. Days of pain is enough to bring out the crazies in me. That water gain will slide back off after a few. But you gotta get out of pain first, can't concentrate on anything when in pain. Do you get to rest all weekend now?
Old 09-09-2017, 05:59 AM   #398
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh my gosh, I'm drooling! I love old houses. If you say it has an attic I'll swoon away. Was it a Sears home?

Hello Mick, I'm sorry your back is so bad! Steroids can be amazing, can't they? And I've done that with my car too. It takes a minute before you can believe that you can't get it open too.

The movie was fine. Not one I'd try to go see again. And I'm hanging in there, doing pretty well actually - down another little bit this morning, so hopefully it will keep up. Halfway through another decade.

Everyone have a lovely evening!
There is an attic, and by the looks of it it should be decent sized although peaked from front to back of house. However we have yet to look around up there because someone installed a drop ceiling upstairs. Seems they installed it to add insulation in between, and we only know that because the ceiling tiles fell off in one room.

Can't tell you what a horrendous freaky crashing night that was. We were all in bed, girls asleep DH asleep and I was reading, and it sounded like the house got hit by lightning or a tree fell on it, or a plane hit it. The girls came running downstairs, I'm sure it was even louder up there, they didn't even notice that room when they went flying by it on their way downstairs. My bedroom is at the bottom of the stairs, opposite so I can see everyone coming down and I have never seen 3 cats, a dog and 2 girls all literally flying down the stairs knocking into each other, the dog knocked one kid down and tripped over a cat. The cats are screeching every time the dog steps on one.
Penny the dog waits for no man or beast, she always has to be first especially going down those stairs, she's knocked me down before. 6 bodies trying to get down the stairs at once was hilarious. But I wasn't laughing cause we thought half the house was gone upstairs. These six bodies now all trying to take a left out of the hallway right where I am now standing! And by this time DH has just about made it to the hallway, 1 step from being in the door frame and I can see him from my doorway but all he knows is he was awoken by a loud noise he doesn't hear or see the freight train getting ready to take a left out of hallway. By this time the cats and the dog are in front of the kids, they round the corner, dog knocks DH on his keister, 3 cats squirreling between the doorframes trying to get ahead of dog, the cats claw to get over and around DH, dog goes over him, now here come the kids the first of which barely pulls up in time to stop herself from tripping over DH legs but only cause she had finally looked up and saw me I believe. And the second runs right smack into her back knocking the first one literally into my arms. Now DH is getting up saying what the hell is going on, both girls talking at the same time but they know nothing. And everyone's voices practically yelling in all the ruckus.

We send DH up the stair first of course....and discovered the horrendous mess of having all your ceiling tiles fall at once and half of some old blown-in insulation come down after that! And this is our business room!

Anyways no loss this morn, but we all know can keep having losses everyday. Happy to have a great dinner planned. All mostly legal, I'm debating eating a chip with that one guac. It has pomegranate in it, I've never tried pomegranate guacamole? Hope everyone is having a awesome on plan weekend!
Old 09-09-2017, 11:28 AM   #399
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FindingMe
Wow, Michelle! Glad no one was hurt!!!

Plum/PLM - Interesting initials for an interesting nick!

Jess - I hope things start looking up and the scale starts looking down for you!

Dimply - I think I already congratulated you on your loss, but WTG IF I didn't and hope you are having a blast in The Big Easy!

Mick, bummer about the steroids, but I got faith in you! I had to do a round awhile back along with the most painful cortisone shot I have ever had (in my toe). I just kept an eye on what I was eating and stayed low carb. Everyone had me so scared but I actually ended up with a loss. And no matter what happens, things will all go back to normal once they are out of your system.

That is a trip about the keys/SUV. I've been trying just about everything to get mine to lock with my extra fob inside, but every trick I've seen has not worked. I like to take a backup on trips and don't want to have to carry both every time I get out of the car...
So, I feel like a dummy, but are you saying that you have an extra lock on the hatch? OR the thing that opens the hatch, locked it? Now, I need to go investigate to see if I can replicate...

Well, I had chicken ysd and guess what...I gained ONE POUND. I had a 2000 calorie deficit to test my theory. I've had consecutive smidge losses daily since I quit eating chicken. So, it was either a coincidence or I'm having some weird reaction. I really don't want to buy more food (or throw away money spent) as I had my last week of meals planned out to get the fridge cleaned out. I've got one hamburger patty left so we'll see what happens when I weigh tomorrow.

Last edited by FindingMe; 09-09-2017 at 11:30 AM..
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 12:17 PM   #400
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Well, I solved my issue. I guess I wasn't trying it with my backup fob far enough away. I tried everything to get it to lock inside with the backup out of range and it just kept setting off the alarm and unlocking... I think it is just super sensitive as it won't even let me back into my garage if I'm closer than a foot to the opening. I guess that is a blessing and a curse. The automatic braking always scared the **** out of me!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend and are safe from any crazy weather!
Old 09-10-2017, 03:19 PM   #401
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Water weight gain from my unbelievably tasty dinner and bday cake yesterday. Had a hard time eating it, just get so full so fast. Ate bites all night. I've been so strict, that planned meal was so needed. Won't weigh tomorrow, I know I'm up water. Back to strict now till the end of the month. Now I'm going to go watch the green bay/Seattle game.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:26 PM   #402
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Plum yeah for doing so well!!! Youll be in that new decade before you know it!

Michelle that is comical to read after the fact bt wow that must have been horrible! So how was the dinner? Oh no no scale here! My falling down pants fit so uh no!!

Finding me now that is very interesting about the chicken!!! Are you going to experiment again and see if it does it again. My fob was in my purse which was in the car. The trunk and the doors all locked. It shouldnt as the button on the door and the hatch all are able to be pushed to unlock if the fob is within 3 feet. Same with starting the car. Im totally confused. I supposedly cant lock mine with a second fob with one inside. However it should lock with one inside period and it did.

I have been a bum all weekend. Besides a few Halloween decortions going up that is. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween and couldnt wait any longer. I can now sit for a bit without pain so thats a fab sign!!! Steroids are wonderful. My rings are tight though and I had lines from my socks so yep Im holding water.

Yesterday

eggs and sausage

steak and summer squash

glass wine

Today

a slice of low carb bread with butter. ( wow was it bad!)

beef and summer squash

probably more beef!
Old 09-10-2017, 05:54 PM   #403
nanabell
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nanabell
Stats: This time 241.8/230/180?
WOE: Basic Low Carb
Start Date: Restart 2/28/17
I have not been on plan for the past week. This should read--fabulous until evening and then not fabulous at all!

As a result, I am up 3 lbs this morning. I am going to see if I can do better this week and get back on the scale next weekend.

Nancy
nanabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 06:25 PM   #404
pendragginp
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Michelle that is comical to read after the fact bt wow that must have been horrible!
Yes, I was smiling at the way you wrote it, but realizing what it must have been like in the moment! And your birthday was yesterday? Happy BDay! Hopefully I can stay with you on eating clean for the rest of the month.

Finding me, I don't think I've ever heard of someone gaining just from eating chicken! Unless - was it the big bag of frozen skinless breasts or legs? I know those do have a LOT of sodium. At least the ones we have in our stores do.

Mick, so glad you're in less pain. And the steroid weight won't hang around.

Nancy, right with you on doing well this week. All in together!
Old 09-11-2017, 08:42 AM   #405
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/159.8/150
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Michelle! That sounds like one of the stories from my life. Sorry about the mess though.

Mick6- I love Halloween, too. We had a gap between kids' soccer games Saturday and we popped in the Dollar Tree... needless to say, I let the littlest kid get away with murder in there purchase-wise. Cute decorations and some plates and cups for the big day. We never trick or treat, but we decorate, watch old monster movies, and the kids have a costume contest and I make them a Halloween treat. Can't wait! I don't know if the steroids have helped much. I feel like I haven't had as much hip pain (which of course radiates up and down) but I'll be able to tell on Wed as tomorrow is my last pill. Plus, I'm having another 24-day TOM cycle and I ALWAYS get evil symptom flares for a couple days at the start. Friday night was straight out of a horror-movie as far as my eyes. Woke up with one stuck completely closed despite my 2 goops in them. And later both stuck and there was some pain. Thankfully I managed to wake slowly both times so I didn't get any eye injuries, just irritation from the momentary jerk of the lids.
Last night was ok though. Except the littlest got me up to take him to the bathroom. I got almost 200 steps from midnight to 8am when I finally dragged myself out of the covers. That's what my nights are like. Madness...

FindingMe- I'm not even stepping on that thing right now.

I guess part of my update is up there. Was out from 8:15 am till 2 with kid soccer games Saturday. UV index was high and didn't realize so I got burnt. Idiot... One of my meds makes me super sensitive to burning. I should have thought more. Yesterday was better. Between my impatient dad and the inlaws, we are lucky I killed no one Sat.

Kids are schooling this morning and are being stink faces about it and at least there is no soccer today.

Hurricane rain today. It's about to start up I think. It's cooler today as well. Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:47 AM   #406
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

I hope everyones scale readings get better! This was supposed to be a quick drive by, but as usual, it isn't...

Mick - Yay for less pain!!!

Jess - I hope you don't get too much storm! We are only getting the 35+ mph gusts which made my morning walk strange, but I love the cooler temps. We were down to like 63 this morning. That is some kind of record for us in Sept, but back to the 90's later this week. Thank goodness, I won't be here for the end of summer.

Mick and Plum - Yes, I did the experiment again with the chicken. I had one day on and one day off (twice) not including all those days where I had no change last month and that was my only meat. Upticks both days after I ate it, but downticks after I didn't. So bizarre. Anyway, I threw out the chicken. Yes, it was frozen so it had some sodium in it, but the two days that I was testing my theory my sodium level was less than half of what I'm allowed each day so I think it was probably just a strange coincidence. I'm sick of chicken anyway so I'll worry about it when I get back.

I bought a roast to get me through these last 6 days. I got rid of all my seasonings and will only use EVOO, pepper and a dab of sea salt the rest of the week. I'll weigh in tomorrow no matter what the scale says so I should still have a nice weekly loss although not my lowest for the month.

Have a great evening!
Old 09-11-2017, 10:26 AM   #407
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Mick - I forgot to ask you. When we post our stats, do you want us to keep showing the AUGUST loss totals in parenthesis???
Old 09-11-2017, 11:40 AM   #408
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Woke up sick. Have barely been out of bed. Back in it now since Violet is napping. And she's acting like she's getting it too. I just don't care about the scale. I haven't eaten yet today but the only thing I want is a spoon of pb and that's probably what I will get too. And not my crappy no sugar kind either. I will deal with whatever after I feel better. Hopefully tomorrow.

You guys keep up the good fight!
Old 09-11-2017, 01:11 PM   #409
pendragginp
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, sorry Michelle!
Old 09-12-2017, 04:30 AM   #410
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Nancy you can do it!!! Checking in always helps me personally.

Jess oh my gosh your poor eyes! How are they now? 200 steps when you should be sleeping makes for a rough night for sure Are you doing shots or oral steroids for your poor hip? Dollar Tree has a lot of cute decorations for sure!

Plum the way she wrote it was comical! Hope things are going well!

Findingme I completely forgot to change the weight thing and total our August loss! Ill go clean that up quick. Thanks for pointing it out! That is so odd about the chicken but it cant be a fluke that many times. MMMM roast!!! I bet your getting excited for the trip!

Michelle I am so sorry you are sick I hope you feel better and Violet isnt getting sick also.

Dimply hope your having fun!

I am still uncomfortable but definately getting better. I saw the chiro again so that always helps. Grateful the prednisone helps but I sure wouldnt want to take it long! Yucky side effects but worth it. Im not going to lie. I am worried about weighing for the contest Sunday as I feel like a water balloon! My previously loose jeans are tight! One bad round I dont make weight in the contest means I can then only collect for round 6.I want to collect for all 6 rounds again. I was a nut and checked the scale. It was up up up. The body fat part was down though.

I got to see the unltrasounds of the grandbaby yesterday. They sure are less fuzzy than when I had mine years ago. She said she gets one every visit so manybe in a month if the position is right they may find out the gender

yesterdays food:

2 eggs and sausage

beef and chicken with SF ketchup

butter

Last edited by Mick6; 09-12-2017 at 04:34 AM..
Old 09-12-2017, 04:46 AM   #411
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

****************START -- CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL ---- SEPT START

Mick................... 199.0........196 ...........174 ............... 199.5
FindingMe........... 230.2........217 ...........196 ............... 219
Dimply............... 198.5........181.5 .........163 ............... 184
Michelle.............. 220...........218.4............190 ............... 220
NightOwl............ 169.8........167.4 .........144 ............... 167.4
Nanabell............. 241.3........230 ............210 ............... 230
RockinPeach........ 241.6........234.4 .........199 ............... 234.4
Jess................... 167.8........165 ............158 ............... 167.6
DebbieDowner..... 269...........257 ...........170 ................ 257
PlanningVacay..... 211...........205 ...........165 ................ 205
Handbells............ 228.6........224.2 ........199 ................ 224.2
_________AUGUST LOSS TOTAL : 39.2 POUNDS

For the people that didnt do a check in in Sept I took their current number and made that their Sept start number.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:51 AM   #412
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Mick! I hope everyone is feeling better today.

I'm back down to last week's low so that put me at 4.4 gone gone gone for the week. I didn't make my 100 day challenge goal weight wise but I stuck with all of my goals consistently for probably the longest string of days ever (95 so far). I did my best so I feel good about that. Now I just got to keep my head on straight while traveling...that will be a first. And.I.AM.READY!!!
Old 09-12-2017, 05:10 AM   #413
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Scratch that. It was 3.4 gone gone gone (DUH) for the week and 5.4 for the month...still good compared to last month though. Have a fantastic day all!!!

************** START -- CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL ---- SEPT START

Mick................... 199.0........196 ...........174 ............... 199.5
FindingMe........... 230.2........213.6 .........196 ............... 219
Dimply............... 198.5........181.5 .........163 ............... 184
Michelle.............. 220...........218.4 .........190 ............... 220
NightOwl............ 169.8........167.4 ..........144 ............... 167.4
Nanabell............. 241.3........230 ............210 ............... 230
RockinPeach........ 241.6........234.4 .........199 ............... 234.4
Jess................... 167.8........165 ............158 ............... 167.6
DebbieDowner..... 269...........257 ............170 ............... 257
PlanningVacay..... 211...........205 ............165 ............... 205
Handbells........... 228.6........224.2 ..........199 ............... 224.2
_________AUGUST LOSS TOTAL : 39.2 POUNDS

Last edited by FindingMe; 09-12-2017 at 05:16 AM..
Old 09-12-2017, 06:36 AM   #414
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMe View Post
Thanks Mick! I hope everyone is feeling better today.

I'm back down to last week's low so that put me at 4.4 gone gone gone for the week. I didn't make my 100 day challenge goal weight wise but I stuck with all of my goals consistently for probably the longest string of days ever (95 so far). I did my best so I feel good about that. Now I just got to keep my head on straight while traveling...that will be a first. And.I.AM.READY!!!
Good, it's finally really moving for you. Your body must have been playing catch up. This will be a great month for you! Determination! You got it!
Old 09-12-2017, 06:44 AM   #415
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I hope everyones scale readings get better! This was supposed to be a quick drive by, but as usual, it isn't...

Jess - I hope you don't get too much storm! We are only getting the 35+ mph gusts which made my morning walk strange, but I love the cooler temps. We were down to like 63 this morning. That is some kind of record for us in Sept, but back to the 90's later this week. Thank goodness, I won't be here for the end of summer.

Mick and Plum - Yes, I did the experiment again with the chicken. I had one day on and one day off (twice) not including all those days where I had no change last month and that was my only meat. Upticks both days after I ate it, but downticks after I didn't. So bizarre. Anyway, I threw out the chicken. Yes, it was frozen so it had some sodium in it, but the two days that I was testing my theory my sodium level was less than half of what I'm allowed each day so I think it was probably just a strange coincidence. I'm sick of chicken anyway so I'll worry about it when I get back.

I bought a roast to get me through these last 6 days. I got rid of all my seasonings and will only use EVOO, pepper and a dab of sea salt the rest of the week. I'll weigh in tomorrow no matter what the scale says so I should still have a nice weekly loss although not my lowest for the month.

Have a great evening!
That's really odd for chicken. No denying that facts on paper though! Cool experiment.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:54 AM   #416
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/159.8/150
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Quote:

Have a great evening!
We got 50+ gusts. And are still getting a few. But this isn't too abnormal for us. We get some hearty gusts here in spring and fall here at our elevation usually anyway. It just sounded like spring or late fall outside. We didn't get as much rain either. A pocket opened up over us during part of it so we just got misted part of the time and not deluged constantly.

Sorry about the weird chicken thing.

Between everything, I missed exactly when/where you are going on your trip. Good luck!

Mick6- I'm taking oral at only 5mg in the morning. It worked great the first 3 days. I had no fatigue and had to take no pilocarpine (helps people excrete tears and saliva) at all until after 4pm those days and no joint aches. After that, the time it wore off retreated earlier and earlier. I'm good until noon or thereabouts now, but after that, especially after I exercise, I dry out and my hip gets stiff. I had a stiff neck and a stupid headache that went all the way down my spine last night that radiated out to all my naughty joints so I had to take an Aleve. I took my last dose a bit ago. Who knows what the next month will be like. But I've lived with it before.

I'm glad you are feeling a little better. Completely healed would be better. When I would get down in my back, I'd be basically bedridden for a week. I never got steriods. I bet that would have at least gotten me semi mobile. Congrats on the grandbaby's ultrasound. They are so precious. Hopefully the kiddo will cooperate on the gender. My boys were both happy to display it for all to see. The girls were a little more tricky. And my youngest daughter...I didn't know what she was until 30 weeks. She finally cooperated. I was worried for awhile we'd go into the delivery room with a boy and girl name and would have to find out when she came out.

Michelle-oh I am so sorry you are feeling poorly. I hope you feel better quickly!

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:04 AM   #417
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Down to sinuses draining and a sore throat. Ready to get back to business. No appetite, that's a blessing. Doubt anything would taste good anyways.

Hope your backs are feeling better, that's the worst.

Not going to do much today, I don't think. Energy isn't back. I'll hang with Violet and do some coloring and painting!
Old 09-12-2017, 10:57 AM   #418
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/181.5/125 60.75" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Back from NOLA! Had a great time and ate pretty well considering. Saturday I had some hummus (no pita), and yesterday I had a cappuccino, pickled okra & haircot verts, pimento cheese, and a few bites of Creole tomato soup. I admit to overeating yesterday and was hurting and feeling very bloated, but I am chugging water & the bloat seems to be going down. With all I passed up I should lose 10 lbs. this week, but of course things don't work that way

NSV: Lots of room in the plane seat, and I was able to pull 6-8" excess on the seatbelt. Also, I bought a size L t-shirt!

Mick - I'm glad you're feeling better, and hope the steroid bloat doesn't affect your weigh-in too much.

Great score on the $5 highchair! I locked my fob in my car once & it started making all manner of noise and lights flashing, and didn't lock. I'm glad it did, but it sure looked & sounded like I was trying to steal my own car Glad you got to see your grandbaby! Exciting!!

Michelle - at your story, and I'll bet it is even funnier when you tell it in person (your way with words of course, not the situation itself)

Was it your mom's birthday party that you had mentioned a few months back? Hope it was fun.

Hope you feel better. Coloring & painting with Violet sounds like a perfect way to relax.

Quote:
Love your nickname - so cute!

The ads for the movie make me think that it would be similar to "Sweet Home Alabama".

Hope the new decade is just around he corner for you!

FindingMe - So weird about the chicken. It seems so innocent & boring! I wonder if you have an allergy or intolerance to it. At least now you know, and can go forward without the chicken culprit impeding your progress.

Congrats on your loss! Even if you didn't make your weight loss goal, you made the goals that you have control over, and that is huge! The scale is going to do its own thing, as we all know

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanabell View Post
I have not been on plan for the past week. This should read--fabulous until evening and then not fabulous at all!

As a result, I am up 3 lbs this morning. I am going to see if I can do better this week and get back on the scale next weekend.

Nancy
How's it going Nancy? I'm with Mick - checking in helps me.

Jess - I love Halloween too, but it is mostly the candy binge. Since that is off of the table this year, I will probably be so-so about it

Hope you are feeling better. I can't imagine having to deal with all that plus homeschooling, being Mom taxi, etc. You are a stronger woman than I am for sure!

Where's Gail? I miss her and her tales about the delicious food that she & Tony whip up.

And now I will bore you with pics

seatbelt NSV; Hazel; Hazel's big sis Evelyn (can you believe she is only 11?); me & Hazel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seatbelt.jpg (54.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Hazel Mom.jpg (21.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Evelyn.jpg (22.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Hazel & Jen.jpg (30.6 KB, 8 views)
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:08 PM   #419
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
Back from NOLA! Had a great time and ate pretty well considering. Saturday I had some hummus (no pita), and yesterday I had a cappuccino, pickled okra & haircot verts, pimento cheese, and a few bites of Creole tomato soup. I admit to overeating yesterday and was hurting and feeling very bloated, but I am chugging water & the bloat seems to be going down. With all I passed up I should lose 10 lbs. this week, but of course things don't work that way

NSV: Lots of room in the plane seat, and I was able to pull 6-8" excess on the seatbelt. Also, I bought a size L t-shirt!

Mick - I'm glad you're feeling better, and hope the steroid bloat doesn't affect your weigh-in too much.

Great score on the $5 highchair! I locked my fob in my car once & it started making all manner of noise and lights flashing, and didn't lock. I'm glad it did, but it sure looked & sounded like I was trying to steal my own car Glad you got to see your grandbaby! Exciting!!

Michelle - at your story, and I'll bet it is even funnier when you tell it in person (your way with words of course, not the situation itself)

Was it your mom's birthday party that you had mentioned a few months back? Hope it was fun.

Hope you feel better. Coloring & painting with Violet sounds like a perfect way to relax.

Love your nickname - so cute!

The ads for the movie make me think that it would be similar to "Sweet Home Alabama".

Hope the new decade is just around he corner for you!

FindingMe - So weird about the chicken. It seems so innocent & boring! I wonder if you have an allergy or intolerance to it. At least now you know, and can go forward without the chicken culprit impeding your progress.

Congrats on your loss! Even if you didn't make your weight loss goal, you made the goals that you have control over, and that is huge! The scale is going to do its own thing, as we all know

How's it going Nancy? I'm with Mick - checking in helps me.

Jess - I love Halloween too, but it is mostly the candy binge. Since that is off of the table this year, I will probably be so-so about it

Hope you are feeling better. I can't imagine having to deal with all that plus homeschooling, being Mom taxi, etc. You are a stronger woman than I am for sure!

Where's Gail? I miss her and her tales about the delicious food that she & Tony whip up.

And now I will bore you with pics

seatbelt NSV; Hazel; Hazel's big sis Evelyn (can you believe she is only 11?); me & Hazel
Wow Dimply what a difference in your pics. You look fabulous! WTG!!!
Old 09-12-2017, 01:37 PM   #420
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Findingme that is really awesome! You'll do fabulous traveling! You are really diciplined!!!

Michelle glad your feeling a bit better. I hope you wake up feeling 100 percent!

Jess big hugs! That sounds awful Ive had steroids many times over the last 17 years and quite a few injected also. I ruptured a couple disks back then. I refused surgery in favor of many rounds of PT after seeing so many unsuccesful surgeries. Now that the years have passed there is lots of degeneration according to the dr and the chiro. Im as pro active as I can be and havent had a terrible episode in almost 2 years. This would have been one of the down for two weeks without the prednisone. Thats some strong wind. Im so glad it wasnt worse! Tee hee on the kiddo not cooperating for the ultrasound. Guess she wanted to keep you in suspense

Dimply I am so glad you had a great time! You did fabulous! Aww on the Hazel pic! Evelyn is such a pretty girl! She does look more mature than 11. Speaking of pretty girls.... Fabulous picture of you! Your face has changed so much from your profile picture. WOO hoo on the seatbelt

Nothing to exciting for me. Made it through work! I am beat! The fitbit was buzzing at the 5 mile mark before my 4 hours were up.

steak and butter

taco meat/ lettuce / cheese/ sour cream

bacon and eggs