Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-30-2017, 07:56 AM   #331
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/159.8/150
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMe View Post

I went back to my regular iced coffee in the morning and the scale finally pushed off some of that weird gain. Still now quite where I was, but hopefully by the EOM weigh in. I've been on track for 12 weeks now. Five more to go to meet my challenge. I've racked up almost 38,000 calories in deficits just this month so that should have been over 10 pounds, but I'll be lucky if I even get half that amount off. I feel like I should be sub 200 by now as hard as I have worked.
That's excellent dedication.
You do deserve that 10lb for sure.
I do feel you. I've notched my calories further down...sigh.

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2017, 12:23 AM   #332
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/179.5/125 62.75" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
No rain today, actually saw a lot of sun! DH & I attempted to go to Target and there was a line of 70+ to get into the store. I don't know if they opened later than usual (it was about 11) or if they were limiting the number of people in the store at any given time. We only needed a few things at Target and none were urgent, so we went on to Whole Foods. They had everything on our WF list except bottled water & we had to make a few substitutions that were not even close to being a big deal. First world problems for sure. We drove around a little and seeing all the furniture, carpeting, wood flooring, etc. being emptied out of houses was sobering. We were so incredibly lucky! And walking down our street this evening brought it home even more so since houses across the street & as close as 3 houses down had the same things in front of them. Tomorrow I'll buy stuff to make sandwiches and jambalaya for them, and see what we can do to help.

Thank you for all your prayer & good thoughts. I think (hope)
the worst is over, but there is lots of rebuilding to be done once the water is gone and damages are assessed. One of my friends was told he would not be able to get into his house to start the clean-up for at least another week

A couple of NSVs: A fitted button down shirt that didn't fit me a couple of weeks ago fits. It's tighter than I would like, but it doesn't pull at the girls, and the darts are in the right places in the back & the front, so the fit is good it is just tight based on my preference. I remember being so disgusted with myself when buying this shirt because it was the biggest size in the Talbots petite dept. and plus sizes were next. Unfortunately that wasn't enough to get me on track, but now I am thrilled to be that size. It's all in the perspective. I also fit in a size 16M jeans - no W. Yay!

Mick - A 40 minute 5k is a pretty good pace!

jess - Is the water receding in your sister's area?

FindingMe - You have been so diligent; I can't believe your body is not cooperating. Hang in there, because a whoosh has got to be coming! Are your clothes getting loose?

I hope Harvey is not too much of a <bad word> for y'all. Did you see the map of his path that left off MS? It had AL next to LA. Poor MS!

Cindy - You're really close to goal, and already at a healthy weight for your height, so unfortunately it is going to be harder for you to drop weight. My suggestion would be to decrease carbs to less than 20/day, increase fat, and only eat when hungry. Less carbs/more fat should curb your hunger a bunch.

Is that your cat in your avi? I have a cat who likes to watch TV too! Crazy kitties

to all!

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVincis
D - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil w/a slice of ham & Swiss cheese; salad w/lettuce, tomatoes, Olive Garden Italian dressing
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 04:05 AM   #333
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FindingMe
Thanks y'all! Time to face the music. I ended up losing less than 5 pounds for the month. Not even meeting my conservative goal of 6 lbs. I should have lost 11-12 lbs OR MORE. Anyway, no more complaining about this month's deficits. Starting fresh tomorrow like I did last month when I got shafted for 8 lbs. My metabolism is apparently ridiculously slow now that I've started the Pause. I'm doing my best and that is all I can do. I'll be back later...

************** START -- CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL ---- AUGUST START

Mick................... 199.0........197 ...........174 ............... 199.5
FindingMe........... 230.2........219 ...........196 ............... 223.8 (-4.8)
Dimply............... 198.5........189.5 .........163 ............... 192.5
Michelle.............. 220...........220 ...........190 ............... 220
NightOwl............ 169.8........167.4 .........144 ............... 169.8
Nanabell............. 241.3........230 ............210 ............... 235
RockinPeach........ 241.6........234.4 .........199 ............... 237.4
Jess................... 167.8........165 ............158 ............... 167.6
DebbieDowner..... 269...........257 ...........170 ................ 257
PlanningVacay..... 211...........205 ...........165 ................ 211
Handbells........... 228.6........224.2 .........199 ................ 228.6
********GROUP LOSS THROUGH 8/1 ~ 30.4*****

Last edited by FindingMe; 08-31-2017 at 04:13 AM..
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:10 AM   #334
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Evidently the stress diet works, because I am way down. I am usually a stress eater, but even though I did not skip any meals, my appetite has not been what it usually is, and I have eaten much less. And my sleep patterns have been funky. I'm sure the scale will bounce up again soon What's depressing is that I'm barely 1/2 way to my goal. (right now it seems depressing; tomorrow I may be 1/2 way to goal..lol)

FindingMe - I have had months where I lost only 4-5 lbs despite staying 100% on plan, and it is so frustrating. Not that it's a bad loss per se, but if you're like me, and I think you are, one cheat meal would add that 4-5 lbs back on instantly. Or more! So when people say that you (general you) cannot expect to lose weight overnight since you didn't gain it overnight, I can honestly say "oh yes I did". I wish I had the answer for you

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & Toranis
D - grilled ribeye, hotdog; salad w/lettuce, tomato, Olive Garden Italian dressing
Old 08-31-2017, 08:12 AM   #335
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

FindingMe........... 230.2........219 ...........196 ............... 223.8 (-4.8)
Dimply............... 198.5........184............163 ............... 192.5 (-8.5)
Old 08-31-2017, 08:19 AM   #336
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Dimply! I appreciate it.

Congrats girlfriend!!! You are doing super super awesome. I'm soooooo happy for you!!! I think when we started back in January, I was only 5 pounds heavier than you. And now, look how much progress you have made. Very inspiring!!!

I'm measuring tomorrow, but when I took a sneak measure last week, my hips and waist weren't much different...

Anyway...Mick - You okay?

Have a great afternoon everyone!
Old 08-31-2017, 10:58 AM   #337
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/215.2/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
No rain today, actually saw a lot of sun! DH & I attempted to go to Target and there was a line of 70+ to get into the store. I don't know if they opened later than usual (it was about 11) or if they were limiting the number of people in the store at any given time. We only needed a few things at Target and none were urgent, so we went on to Whole Foods. They had everything on our WF list except bottled water & we had to make a few substitutions that were not even close to being a big deal. First world problems for sure. We drove around a little and seeing all the furniture, carpeting, wood flooring, etc. being emptied out of houses was sobering. We were so incredibly lucky! And walking down our street this evening brought it home even more so since houses across the street & as close as 3 houses down had the same things in front of them. Tomorrow I'll buy stuff to make sandwiches and jambalaya for them, and see what we can do to help.

Thank you for all your prayer & good thoughts. I think (hope)
the worst is over, but there is lots of rebuilding to be done once the water is gone and damages are assessed. One of my friends was told he would not be able to get into his house to start the clean-up for at least another week

A couple of NSVs: A fitted button down shirt that didn't fit me a couple of weeks ago fits. It's tighter than I would like, but it doesn't pull at the girls, and the darts are in the right places in the back & the front, so the fit is good it is just tight based on my preference. I remember being so disgusted with myself when buying this shirt because it was the biggest size in the Talbots petite dept. and plus sizes were next. Unfortunately that wasn't enough to get me on track, but now I am thrilled to be that size. It's all in the perspective. I also fit in a size 16M jeans - no W. Yay!

Mick - A 40 minute 5k is a pretty good pace!

jess - Is the water receding in your sister's area?

FindingMe - You have been so diligent; I can't believe your body is not cooperating. Hang in there, because a whoosh has got to be coming! Are your clothes getting loose?

I hope Harvey is not too much of a <bad word> for y'all. Did you see the map of his path that left off MS? It had AL next to LA. Poor MS!

Cindy - You're really close to goal, and already at a healthy weight for your height, so unfortunately it is going to be harder for you to drop weight. My suggestion would be to decrease carbs to less than 20/day, increase fat, and only eat when hungry. Less carbs/more fat should curb your hunger a bunch.

Is that your cat in your avi? I have a cat who likes to watch TV too! Crazy kitties

to all!

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVincis
D - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil w/a slice of ham & Swiss cheese; salad w/lettuce, tomatoes, Olive Garden Italian dressing
Good idea preparing some food. The destruction is just overwhelming. And your NSV is fantastic. Good for you!
MichelleHu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:04 AM   #338
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks y'all! Time to face the music. I ended up losing less than 5 pounds for the month. Not even meeting my conservative goal of 6 lbs. I should have lost 11-12 lbs OR MORE. Anyway, no more complaining about this month's deficits. Starting fresh tomorrow like I did last month when I got shafted for 8 lbs. My metabolism is apparently ridiculously slow now that I've started the Pause. I'm doing my best and that is all I can do. I'll be back later...

That body is going to give in one of these days with a big drop. You will win, your determination is inspiring!
Old 08-31-2017, 11:11 AM   #339
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessluvzbacon View Post
It's so awful. She has no idea when she'll be going back to work. She was supposed to go visit her friend in MD but since she can't even leave her apt, she couldn't fly out even if the airport were open.

We don't usually celebrate the 1st date, but since it has been 20 years... Our wedding anniversary is next month but it's only 17 years there. We dated and were engaged for a bit before we got married and moved in together. Like propa Southern Baptists.

Mine won't be gone until Friday or Saturday at the earliest, if that.

Google lied to me about exactly where the place was. Traffic was MAD. But I left early suspecting some nonsense. I saw an NP, and was impressed with her. Discovered I have carpal tunnel, which I suspected. She told me to get braces for it...I'm so sure that push-ups will work with that... -_- Switched up some meds, and had more specific bloodwork done. That tech was the worst I've had in a long time. Holy OUCH. No arm-work for me today for exercise. Hopefully I'll get in some cardio another way. There's no cure and no Sjogren's-specific cure or treatment, just symptom treatment. So they can only try rheumatic drugs that work on other diseases and hope that the body responds. I'm hopeful the drug trial is helpful (so my wrists and hip and eyes can stop being eternal butts) and that bloodwork finally turns up something...good grief. I am the rarest of the rare here. Sjogren's with seronegativity (no antibodies or inflammation found in the blood). I'd only be rarer if I were a seronegative guy having this. Lucky me. I just have to be weird.

Off to do the things.
Have a great day all.
I hope your new treatment makes progress and you get some relief. I will have to google sjogrens....
Old 08-31-2017, 11:24 AM   #340
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Hi to Gail and Mick too! You guys check in so we can help keep you on track.

Back from the dentist, least favorite way to spend my morning. Grrr. Totally on plan but no loss this morn, I know my body is trying to wait me out. Just waiting for me to screw up so it doesn't have to drop. Scraped popcorn off the hallway ceiling yesterday, was incredibly easy, cleanup not so fun. I had everything covered but some still escapes. Also got 2 coats of paint on the ceiling. Hip gave me problems last night but feels almost normal this morn. Next will be painting the hall walls but not today.

We have officially started potty training with Violet. Trying to remember when dd1 and dd2 were little what approach worked best. Right now it's just getting her to sit on potty chair without her diaper on and think about going. Her mother is listening to us pros about how to do this, so that's good. And violets great grandma is on board so we have the consistency covered.

Got not much else going on. Tomorrow starts September and I'm going to be strict. But I have been for almost 2 weeks. Cheat free September! Psyching my self up!
Old 08-31-2017, 06:00 PM   #341
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/194/140
WOE: low carb/ allergy free
Hi ladies! Sorry to be MIA. Our stupid Spectrum has been out and some lady used all her data on her phone! They got it fixed today but wow it might as well be dial up! Oh well at least it is kind of working. Its our whole street having issues.

Ladies I tell you my scale is nuts. It was 192 yesterday and 197 today. Yesterday I had a lot of roast and unsalted butter. Odd odd odd! Everytime it drops a bit I have these hige rebounds and bounce and bounce around. If progress gets any slower I might hit my goal in 20 years My body sure doesnt want to let go on the scale at least. Oh well Im not going to worry.

Michelle Im glad you were not in too much pain this morning. Popcorn is an awful job! I hope the potty training goes well!

Findingme that is a fabulous loss!!! Good for you. I sure wish the math worked as it should on paper with deficits. You sure work hard!!

Jess I sure hope the new treatment helps you. Google does fib on occasion LOL. I got told I was at my destination once in front of an empty field in KY. Dh and I did it proper too but threw a oops we made a baby in there too

Dimply Im so glad you are safe in this mess. Congrats on the pounds but Im sorry it is stress. i love your NSV! That makes me smile youll be providing food. I can barely grasp the devestation I see on TV. It is heartbreaking. My nephew there has been a busy guy with the rescue teams. Im so proud of him

So what up for the long weekend? Dh and I are going to Madison and will be back Monday for a cookout at our place.
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:48 AM   #342
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Okay it's the first of sept. Going strict to the end of the month. I do have a birthday I am hosting which I will be cooking Atkins style for but that's easily navigable for me. That's practically the only thing on my calendar this month besides a dentist appt. And after I rock this month, us girls will be going back to our once a month dirty laundry night. Always a few days recovery after that! I'll have mom host dirty laundry night first so all the leftovers stay at her house!

Still at a standstill, I've looked over my last week of eating, found no hidden anything, I gave up the hwc for almond milk. I did have nuts one night I'm sure the salt got me that day but... and I am drinking my water like crazy, so I'm giving it a couple more days and if I don't see a loss I am throwing in a pure egg day.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:58 AM   #343
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

************** START -- CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL ---- SEPT START

Mick................... 199.0........196 ...........174 ............... 199.5 (-3.5)

Hi everyone! I changed the list to Sept start and could you please put your AUG loss in () there such as (-3) so it is easier to tally our group total once we are all weighed in. pretty please!

Michelle have no fear it will move! What is dirty laundry night?

It is so cold here! 44! It supposed to warm up so i am waiting a bit to mow. EEEK!!!
Old 09-01-2017, 05:38 PM   #344
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Mick................... 199.0........196 ...........174 ............... 199.5 (-3.5)
Michelle.............. 220...........220 ...........190 ............... 220 ( big zero)

Dirty laundry night is mom, dd1 and I getting together for dinner and drinks, at someone's house. maybe playing new rules scrabble and just having a ball. Sometimes we invite all the other women too, my aunt, sister in law, 2 cousins.
We have a hilarious time and I will look forward to it all month. Mom is ready now for dirty laundry night now but she's going for a hardcore September too. She's a little lower carb but it's not her focus. She still has the government instilled fat=bad phobia. And dropping fat works for her. She's gf too so that naturally curbed her carbs.

No loss for last month but I am going to tear this month apart!
Old 09-01-2017, 07:21 PM   #345
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Findingme and Dimply really killed it in AUG!!!!

Im leaving in the morning for Madison. I wanted to mention it in case I dont check in.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:46 AM   #346
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/150/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Michelle, dirty laundry night sounds like fun. Hope you have a great time.
Mick, have a great time in Madison. You have a good weekend plan
Dimply, so glad you and DH are okay! Congrats on your losses and NSVs
FindingMe and Jess, you guys are also doing great with losses too!
Hi to everyone else!

I have a birthday tomorrow so I am giving myself permission to eat a little off plan this weekend. Once Monday (Labor Day) hits, I will be back to low carb normal. Girlfriends are taking me out for drinks/late lunch today and Tony will take me out tomorrow.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 05:08 AM   #347
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gail~ sounds like fun, getting together with the girls. You will do fine, enjoy yourself!

Mick~ have fun, enjoy the weekend away!

1 stinkin' lb away from 220. Was hoping for the proverbial woosh but... 1 more and I can start claiming losses, I can't wait, hopefully tomorrow. I will do everything in my power today to force the issue!

Just started pouring and serious thunder, sky is black! So quiet in the mornings before Violet gets up. I have never been a morning person but I sure do enjoy these quiet mornings, I have learned to appreciate them.

Hip seems fine this morning after painting yesterday. Will try to find something to be productive with today. I am going to run down and get paint chips for the foyer and dining room. But I really have no clue what I'm looking for. I want good paint "flow" in the house and I'm not afraid of color but. Ooh there goes the tv, it just went out. Hope we keep power...

I'll be back later, you guys hold the fort down!
Old 09-02-2017, 11:30 AM   #348
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Things are getting somewhat back to normal. We actually got mail today for the first time in over a week. It was only 3 pieces, so I guess they are still sorting. We will probably get a ton Tuesday.

I completely forgot it's Labor Day weekend And someone mentioned the eclipse and I had forgotten all about that too - seems like a lifetime ago!

Not up to much this weekend except helping our neighbors as much as I can. The smell of the cleaning chemicals was starting to overwhelm me, so I made a Home Depot run for gloves, trash bags, etc. and stood in line for 39 minutes. I really didn't mind - it's the least I can do - and I'm sure the lines have been much longer at various times over the past few days.

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & Toranis
D - hamburger w/mustard; salad w/lettuce, egg, bacon, cheese, Ranch dressing

Here are a couple of pictures of Hazel enjoying oatmeal & pears I love the 2nd one - looks like me with ice cream I get to see her next weekend!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hazel Fingers.jpg (29.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Hazel Bowl.jpg (29.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 09-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #349
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

I found something to be busy with...

So omg! Guess what I just discovered? Holy cow I am excited! I pulled up a corner of the disgusting carpet going up the stairs and discovered beautiful hardwood floors just like we have on the main floor! We just assumed the stairs were not hardwood because we pulled up corners in the bedrooms upstairs and it's not hard wood. So at least the stairs don't have to be replaced and I can tear out that awful carpet. Haha DH will be in shock again cause he's going to come home to no carpet, well at least to the top of the stairs. Well I hope anyways there are 2 landings before the top of the stairs so I suppose the landings might not be good. I sure hope the landings are good too! Might have to refinish? I'm going to go find out! Keep your fingers crossed.

Halfway up to the first landing, had to take a break and Violet got up from nap too. DH will watch her while I go finish up to landing then do the rest tomorrow. Looks awesome other than having to be refinished, which I've never done. So I guess I will be googling and youtubing.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:57 AM   #350
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/150/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Michelle, that is awesome! I love hardwood floors too and what a nice discovery you made.
Dimply, glad things are getting back to normal. Hazel is so CUTE.

Off to my birthday brunch at a really cool place in town called Mooo (I know; how appropriate). I'm going off plan for a day or two. I want to enjoy some eggs benedict and a mimosa without any guilt! I will go back on plan hard on Tuesday!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:30 PM   #351
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Omg I am so sore, so taking the day off from carpet pulling. Also feel very weak and got dizzy, so gotta concentrate on a bit higher fat food today. Kids are getting pizzas, I could so go for pizza bowl right now. Ordered extra toppings extra sauce extra cheese. I am so going to be scraping pizza topping into a bowl in a few minutes.

Nothing much going on, being totally lazy....
Old 09-04-2017, 05:26 AM   #352
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend!

I donated blood at my church yesterday, and found out that my blood pressure is pre-high (surprising since it's usually normal), and I'm about a step above anemic (not surprising). I'm hoping the blood pressure reading was just due to stress, and not the sign of an issue, especially since l/c is supposed to help lower hbp. I drink a lot of water, don't add salt to anything, so other than my weight

We ended up going to dinner at Flemings for prime rib. Not a great move since I was pretty lightheaded (I didn't eat before or after donating blood and probably needed more water). Lesson learned, and I was in bed before 8:00 & slept until 6:00.

Michelle - Great find! Our house had ugly pink carpeting covering up beautiful wood floors too. Hope you're feeling better!

Gail - Enjoy!!

yesterday:
D: wedge salad, prime rib, asparagus, berries, coffee w/cream (probably milk) & Splenda
Old 09-04-2017, 05:29 AM   #353
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Dimply............... 198.5........184.............163 ............... 184 (-8.5)
Michelle.............. 220...........220 ...........190 ............... 220 ( big zero)
Old 09-04-2017, 05:52 AM   #354
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Belated Happy Birthday, Gail!

Mick - I hope you had fun in Madison!

Michelle - Wishing you less soreness today!

Dimply - So sorry that you aren't feeling well! You need to take care of you!!! You would think since we are meat eaters that anemia would never be an issue. I would like to get more protein in my day mainly due to lifting weights and not wanting to lose any more muscle but it is hard with IF AND trying not to go crazy with the calories. I hope you can find a happy medium.

I've done some tweaking and the scale is moving in the right direction again. Slowly but surely.

Have a great week!!!
Old 09-04-2017, 05:56 AM   #355
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

FindingMe........... 230.2........217 ...........196 ............... 219 (-4.8)
Dimply............... 198.5........184 ............163 ............... 184 (-8.5)
Michelle.............. 220...........220 ...........190 ............... 220 (big zero)
Handbells............ 228.6........224.2 ........199 ................ 228.6

Last edited by FindingMe; 09-04-2017 at 06:03 AM..
Old 09-04-2017, 09:30 AM   #356
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Less sore but still feeling low energy. Did up the fat yesterday. Going to take it easy today again. Hang with Violet and watch old movies. Try and get my water in.

Dimply ~ are you going to the doc to get checked out? All the stress of Harvey?
Old 09-05-2017, 05:42 AM   #357
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! DH is back to work today. He worked quite a bit from home last week, but prefers to be in the office - less distractions.

Quote:
Dimply - So sorry that you aren't feeling well! You need to take care of you!!! You would think since we are meat eaters that anemia would never be an issue. I would like to get more protein in my day mainly due to lifting weights and not wanting to lose any more muscle but it is hard with IF AND trying not to go crazy with the calories. I hope you can find a happy medium.

I've done some tweaking and the scale is moving in the right direction again. Slowly but surely.
My mom, who was an RN, was concerned about me being anemic since I was a teenager, and would occasionally make me go to her office to get my finger pricked so she could test. I was never officially diagnosed as anemic, but at one point had to take iron supplements which made me so I stopped taking them. It's just one of those things with me I guess.

Glad the scale is moving in the right direction for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Dimply ~ are you going to the doc to get checked out? All the stress of Harvey?
I sometimes experience heart palpitations & lightheadedness and have had numerous EKGs, and even a 36 hour cardiac monitor, and everything looks good, and am told it was probably a panic attack/stress. As a lupus patient heart issues are a huge concern, but so far (knock on wood) the only issues I have had have been dermatological, and my internal organs are fine. So I just get told to lose weight & exercise & get sent on my way <sigh> No doctor seems to want to dig down to find root causes. Maybe once I am at a weight that doctors consider healthy they will be forced to consider other reasons I am having these issues.

Hope you & Violet had a fun day hanging out & watching old movies!

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream DaVincis
D - grilled ribeye & hotdog; ceasar salad
Old 09-05-2017, 06:13 AM   #358
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies! Ill pop back this evening after work to read and update. Cross your fingers I make it today!
Old 09-05-2017, 06:22 AM   #359
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! DH is back to work today. He worked quite a bit from home last week, but prefers to be in the office - less distractions.

My mom, who was an RN, was concerned about me being anemic since I was a teenager, and would occasionally make me go to her office to get my finger pricked so she could test. I was never officially diagnosed as anemic, but at one point had to take iron supplements which made me so I stopped taking them. It's just one of those things with me I guess.

Glad the scale is moving in the right direction for you!!!

I sometimes experience heart palpitations & lightheadedness and have had numerous EKGs, and even a 36 hour cardiac monitor, and everything looks good, and am told it was probably a panic attack/stress. As a lupus patient heart issues are a huge concern, but so far (knock on wood) the only issues I have had have been dermatological, and my internal organs are fine. So I just get told to lose weight & exercise & get sent on my way <sigh> No doctor seems to want to dig down to find root causes. Maybe once I am at a weight that doctors consider healthy they will be forced to consider other reasons I am having these issues.

Hope you & Violet had a fun day hanging out & watching old movies!

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream DaVincis
D - grilled ribeye & hotdog; ceasar salad
Yeah docs! Blame everything on weight. Your doing great, they will sit up and listen when they can't blame weight anymore. Lack of respect blaming weight for everything, that drives me nuts.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:23 AM   #360
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
Hi Ladies! Ill pop back this evening after work to read and update. Cross your fingers I make it today!
You'll make it and we will be here!