Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #61
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: empressem
Stats: 220/199/160
Start Date: 07/10/17 & 8/18/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by txntv View Post
Aha! I'm not taking the suppressant. I don't qualify. So you might want to call your MWL and ask about headaches with them.

Oh, of course, you want to do it for you -- not just for graduation. It's just a big motivator. I hate my graduation photo. I've been a yoyo'er most of my life and stopped when I first went to MWL as I changed my whole way of eating. Between then and now, I've had two surgeries and eating less is a struggle. Losing weight used to be easy and maintaining hard. Now it's the other way around.

I go for my weekly tomorrow, but I'm going to ask to skip the weigh-in because it will have only been four full days. I'd like to be in acute for at least a week before first weigh-in.

Congrats on almost finishing school! My sister went to U of Az.

My first cousin is getting married in NY. Refusing to try on anything until at least another week. Early stage is mostly water weight for me.
I am just taking the natural AS - I could get on the phentermine, but I feel like that may even be a little too much. I'll see how I feel next week when I am able to consume more calories i.e veggies! I don't think I have ever really successfully lost weight and kept it off, so this will be a first for me. :P I really enjoy eating healthy, but I am not a cook (until now! HAHA!) and I hated taking the time to prep my food but it's essential and I don't think I will mind it much during or after the program. I am hoping to maintain my goal weight. I would even be happy at 170.

That sounds like a good plan. So what's your story? You did Medi a few years ago, lost your weight and then gained some back and are now just trying to lose that before the wedding?

O! Yes, U OF A is great. I just liked the program at GCU, otherwise I would have gone to ASU. I'm planning on my masters, so I could go to either of the three.
empressem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2017, 12:00 PM   #62
txntv
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: March 25, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by empressem View Post
I am just taking the natural AS - I could get on the phentermine, but I feel like that may even be a little too much. I'll see how I feel next week when I am able to consume more calories i.e veggies! I don't think I have ever really successfully lost weight and kept it off, so this will be a first for me. :P I really enjoy eating healthy, but I am not a cook (until now! HAHA!) and I hated taking the time to prep my food but it's essential and I don't think I will mind it much during or after the program. I am hoping to maintain my goal weight. I would even be happy at 170.

That sounds like a good plan. So what's your story? You did Medi a few years ago, lost your weight and then gained some back and are now just trying to lose that before the wedding?

O! Yes, U OF A is great. I just liked the program at GCU, otherwise I would have gone to ASU. I'm planning on my masters, so I could go to either of the three.
I'm also taking the natural AS. No problems with it.

My story. Did MWL in 2010 -- lost 38 lbs. Now only need to lose 10ish. So I'd say keeping most of it off for 7 years was very good. The first 3-4 years, I probably stayed within 5 lbs. Then I had two surgeries, a year apart. And then gained 5 lbs since 2014, so 5 lbs in three years -- I'd say that's a win.

My clothes are getting snug -- so I want to put a stop to it before it continues to creep up. I don't want to get skinny -- just comfortable in the clothes I bought in 2010. I once got down to 120 in high school and that was just too thin even though it's standard for a lot of folks my height.

Losing the weight isn't for the wedding. I just want to be in maintenance before the wedding. I'm not going to go crazy, but I don't want to turn down a piece of cake! If I am barely in maintenance, it could hurt more than if I were in maintenance for a few weeks.

I'm mad I didn't start in June -- as there were no parties, no junk food opportunities, no going out during that time -- but it took forever to work it out with MWL and insurance.
June: -5.5
July: -2.5
Beyond: -5
Total gotten rid of: 38
txntv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:19 PM   #63
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm also taking the natural AS. No problems with it.

My story. Did MWL in 2010 -- lost 38 lbs. Now only need to lose 10ish. So I'd say keeping most of it off for 7 years was very good. The first 3-4 years, I probably stayed within 5 lbs. Then I had two surgeries, a year apart. And then gained 5 lbs since 2014, so 5 lbs in three years -- I'd say that's a win.

My clothes are getting snug -- so I want to put a stop to it before it continues to creep up. I don't want to get skinny -- just comfortable in the clothes I bought in 2010. I once got down to 120 in high school and that was just too thin even though it's standard for a lot of folks my height.

Losing the weight isn't for the wedding. I just want to be in maintenance before the wedding. I'm not going to go crazy, but I don't want to turn down a piece of cake! If I am barely in maintenance, it could hurt more than if I were in maintenance for a few weeks.

I'm mad I didn't start in June -- as there were no parties, no junk food opportunities, no going out during that time -- but it took forever to work it out with MWL and insurance.
That is definitely a win, congrats on that. I think that is excellent maintenance. Sorry to hear about your surgeries! Glad you're recovered and doing well regardless. I definitely agree. It is best to do it now, since you have little to lose. I wouldn't want weight creeping back up. Esp for the price of this program.... My initial consult is $390 and then 75.50 or $106 (with injections) weekly if I decided to do that. SO EXPENSIVE.

I can't wait to go shopping for new clothes. 145 is the standard for my height, but I would be happy 20lbs more than that. I hold the weight I do have now pretty well. I am glad I do not look as much as I weigh! Lol. It could be worse!

Aw... well no regrets! You're doing it now. No sense in getting upset over the past. I was doing my own diet - similar to a vegan diet, and I managed to lose 15lbs in like 5 weeks! I wish I would have stuck with that, I would be a lot less by now; however, I am taking the steps for my weight now. It'll be a great year!
Old 07-13-2017, 12:38 PM   #64
txntv
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That is definitely a win, congrats on that. I think that is excellent maintenance. Sorry to hear about your surgeries! Glad you're recovered and doing well regardless. I definitely agree. It is best to do it now, since you have little to lose. I wouldn't want weight creeping back up. Esp for the price of this program.... My initial consult is $390 and then 75.50 or $106 (with injections) weekly if I decided to do that. SO EXPENSIVE.

I can't wait to go shopping for new clothes. 145 is the standard for my height, but I would be happy 20lbs more than that. I hold the weight I do have now pretty well. I am glad I do not look as much as I weigh! Lol. It could be worse!

Aw... well no regrets! You're doing it now. No sense in getting upset over the past. I was doing my own diet - similar to a vegan diet, and I managed to lose 15lbs in like 5 weeks! I wish I would have stuck with that, I would be a lot less by now; however, I am taking the steps for my weight now. It'll be a great year!
We're gonna get this done ASAP!!! Glad we're here and supporting each other!
Old 07-13-2017, 12:45 PM   #65
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
We're gonna get this done ASAP!!! Glad we're here and supporting each other!

Yes, glad that there are Medi friends currently active. Have you read the previous messages? I've seen some great information and such inspiring people that I wish were still active.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:47 PM   #66
txntv
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes, glad that there are Medi friends currently active. Have you read the previous messages? I've seen some great information and such inspiring people that I wish were still active.
I read a handful. Searched a little bit ... was disappointed it's not too active. It was hopping in 2010! There are a lot of tips still valuable today.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:15 PM   #67
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I read a handful. Searched a little bit ... was disappointed it's not too active. It was hopping in 2010! There are a lot of tips still valuable today.
Haha! Yea! I know! I hope we can change that, hopefully more people will notice that we have a little chat going on here. I am more than willing to log on each day to check-in. I am very thankful for finding this website and these threads. I am really looking forward to week two when I can start actually cooking meals. Do you have or know of any places for acceptable meals/recipes?
Old 07-13-2017, 03:04 PM   #68
txntv
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Haha! Yea! I know! I hope we can change that, hopefully more people will notice that we have a little chat going on here. I am more than willing to log on each day to check-in. I am very thankful for finding this website and these threads. I am really looking forward to week two when I can start actually cooking meals. Do you have or know of any places for acceptable meals/recipes?
Here's hoping. Same here! Acceptable meals / recipes ... I got a few from here. I picked up a few from Hungry-Girl. You can get a Qdoba salad. Just get the lettuce, veggies, and chicken. You might dab the chicken a little to get some of the oil off. Or you can just buy the chicken (they charge a lot less) and add it to lettuce at home.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:07 AM   #69
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Here's hoping. Same here! Acceptable meals / recipes ... I got a few from here. I picked up a few from Hungry-Girl. You can get a Qdoba salad. Just get the lettuce, veggies, and chicken. You might dab the chicken a little to get some of the oil off. Or you can just buy the chicken (they charge a lot less) and add it to lettuce at home.
Good morning!

I weighed myself this morning and lost 2lbs! Incredible. Even on my TOM! Oy. GREAT OPTIONS. Thank you! I will look for more recipes. I actually am creating a three ring binder with plastic sleeves so that I am able to print off recipes that I like and keep a book with all of them. I plan to just stick to this type of diet as a life style. I do not mind how I feel with out the carbs, I am so glad I have no cravings. I actually had to force myself to eat my Pork for dinner last night. How are you doing today?
Old 07-14-2017, 11:20 AM   #70
txntv
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning!

I weighed myself this morning and lost 2lbs! Incredible. Even on my TOM! Oy. GREAT OPTIONS. Thank you! I will look for more recipes. I actually am creating a three ring binder with plastic sleeves so that I am able to print off recipes that I like and keep a book with all of them. I plan to just stick to this type of diet as a life style. I do not mind how I feel with out the carbs, I am so glad I have no cravings. I actually had to force myself to eat my Pork for dinner last night. How are you doing today?
Way to go!!!

Run down today. I don't have any other symptoms -- just run down. Getting tired of the meats, but those provide the best protein.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:00 AM   #71
4devochki
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4devochki
Stats: 191.8/164/132
WOE: meds weightloss/PSMF
Start Date: 29 May 2017
another one lb. loss for the week

I KNOW that my body has got to do this on its own time, but man does it play with my head when I don't lose as much as I think I "deserve." Eight weeks in, I have got to ditch that way of thinking!

Last week my calories were quite low, averaging around 600, whereas in previous weeks I usually had one or more days closer to 800-900. This week I'm going to bump it up to 1,000 cals for one day just to keep things fresh (with carbs still under 20) , then back to 500-600 to see what happens (no, this is not part of the Medi Weightless plan design). LCF dieters' lore says that this may help spur a "whoosh."

Just to keep it real, here's what has happened so far:
Start: May 29 Weight: 191.8
Week 1 June 5 176.8 (-15)
Week 2 June 12 172.6 (-4.2)
Week 3 June 19 171.0 (-1.6)
Week 4 June 26 173.6 (+2.6)
Week 5 July 3 171.0 (-1.6)
Week 6 July 10 165.2 (-5.8, TOM)
Week 7 July 17 164.0 (-1.2)
Total lost in 7 weeks: 28.8, or average of 4 lbs a week (but only thanks to the massive week 1 drop)

Glad to see people logging in. 2 lbs for the week is great, Empressem

Last edited by 4devochki; 07-17-2017 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: add weekly losses
4devochki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:43 PM   #72
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Way to go!!!

Run down today. I don't have any other symptoms -- just run down. Getting tired of the meats, but those provide the best protein.
Hello!

Sorry, I have been slacking on getting online. I've been consumed with work and school. How did you handle the rest of the week/weekend? I decided I am going to do another week of week 1. I wasn't impressed with the scale had to say.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:45 PM   #73
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4devochki View Post
I KNOW that my body has got to do this on its own time, but man does it play with my head when I don't lose as much as I think I "deserve." Eight weeks in, I have got to ditch that way of thinking!

Last week my calories were quite low, averaging around 600, whereas in previous weeks I usually had one or more days closer to 800-900. This week I'm going to bump it up to 1,000 cals for one day just to keep things fresh (with carbs still under 20) , then back to 500-600 to see what happens (no, this is not part of the Medi Weightless plan design). LCF dieters' lore says that this may help spur a "whoosh."

Just to keep it real, here's what has happened so far:
Start: May 29 Weight: 191.8
Week 1 June 5 176.8 (-15)
Week 2 June 12 172.6 (-4.2)
Week 3 June 19 171.0 (-1.6)
Week 4 June 26 173.6 (+2.6)
Week 5 July 3 171.0 (-1.6)
Week 6 July 10 165.2 (-5.8, TOM)
Week 7 July 17 164.0 (-1.2)
Total lost in 7 weeks: 28.8, or average of 4 lbs a week (but only thanks to the massive week 1 drop)

Glad to see people logging in. 2 lbs for the week is great, Empressem
I can relate!!! I just completed my first week, and I was not impressed with the results. I stuck to it to a T. I was dieting a few weeks before I got started. I lost 10lbs on my own in a month! You and I need to ignore the scale, because it is not always true. I feel like I've lost a "lot" even when I look in the mirror. I am happy with what I see - regardless of the scale. I feel accomplished as well. I have not really been tempted to eat anything! I wish you the best this upcoming week.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #74
txntv
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I can relate!!! I just completed my first week, and I was not impressed with the results. I stuck to it to a T. I was dieting a few weeks before I got started. I lost 10lbs on my own in a month! You and I need to ignore the scale, because it is not always true. I feel like I've lost a "lot" even when I look in the mirror. I am happy with what I see - regardless of the scale. I feel accomplished as well. I have not really been tempted to eat anything! I wish you the best this upcoming week.
I agree with ignoring the scale. I lift weights -- and muscle is different from fat. Pick an outfit that does not stretch. Use that as your check. I go based on how my clothes fit.

One 180-lb woman lost only 2 pounds. You look at her before and after photos. Before -- looks as you're probably imagining. After -- ALL muscle. Looks very fit and not heavy at all! She dropped a few clothes sizes. A few -- not one. A few. She's maintaining that.

Keep up the great work, y'all!
Old 07-19-2017, 09:29 AM   #75
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I agree with ignoring the scale. I lift weights -- and muscle is different from fat. Pick an outfit that does not stretch. Use that as your check. I go based on how my clothes fit.

One 180-lb woman lost only 2 pounds. You look at her before and after photos. Before -- looks as you're probably imagining. After -- ALL muscle. Looks very fit and not heavy at all! She dropped a few clothes sizes. A few -- not one. A few. She's maintaining that.

Keep up the great work, y'all!
Hi!

Happy hump day! This week has been so awful with work. I'm exhausted, but happy that I am going on vacation tomorrow! I already have planned what I am going to do with my meals. I'm visiting friends so I am going to go grocery shopping and still cook for myself while I am on vacation.

How have you been?

I think the clothing is a good example of a way to measure my success. I weighed myself again, and I lost another lb. I think regardless of what the scale says I am going to push through. I'm not too discouraged but I am hoping for more than what is attainable I think?

I was planning to do another week of week 1, but I didn't prep well enough and ended up being starrrrving so I had a grilled chicken wrapped in lettuce from Chick-fil-A. Haaa.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:03 PM   #76
4devochki
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the encouragement, Empress & Txn! My mind is a dangerous place so it's best not to go there alone.

Good for you that you made a vacation plan, Empress! Hope you have a wonderful time and that the food is easy-peasy.

Txn, somehow the numbers on the scale remain important to me despite all you wise people and my own better instincts. Maybe it has to do with being tall--I really want to get smaller. I am happy when I see the body fat % dropping --from 37 down close to 32 now. Still quite a ways to go.

Today was a good day, 650 cals and very little hunger. Going to try to get it down closer to 600 tomorrow--got my shrimp boiled and deli turkey ready.

Here's to a good rest of the week for all of us!
Old 07-20-2017, 02:38 PM   #77
txntv
Senior LCF Member

Great to hear from you, Empress and 4devochki! Had my weigh-in earlier this week and lost 4.2 lbs! Week went OK. I had some fun outdoors, but not strong in my workouts as I don't have the energy to run much. Mostly walking and lifting lighter weights. It makes no sense because I'm not starving.

My clothes bother the heck out of me today. Not in a sense of small / large. It may be an OCD issue. So frustrating because I don't have much to lose and I'm down to where I was three years ago. Yet, all my underwear and pant lines still show up in my workout clothes. They didn't do this last year when I weighed more.

The body is so complex. Who knows what's causing it. I worry I won't be able to get back to the level of running and weight lifting I was doing before starting this.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:42 AM   #78
4devochki
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Great to hear from you, Empress and 4devochki! Had my weigh-in earlier this week and lost 4.2 lbs! Week went OK. I had some fun outdoors, but not strong in my workouts as I don't have the energy to run much. Mostly walking and lifting lighter weights. It makes no sense because I'm not starving.

4.2 lbs? That's massive success, especially since you don't have much to lose!!!

It must be hot as all get out where you are, no? I'd not care to do much either. And even though you/we don't feel much hunger, are bodies are still getting pretty minimal energy inputs. Makes sense to me to keep the workouts light. That's the advice of this exercise physiologist Lyle McDonald, who has written a book on a similar plan, PSMF.

My clothes bother the heck out of me today. Not in a sense of small / large. It may be an OCD issue. So frustrating because I don't have much to lose and I'm down to where I was three years ago. Yet, all my underwear and pant lines still show up in my workout clothes. They didn't do this last year when I weighed more.

The body is so complex. Who knows what's causing it. I worry I won't be able to get back to the level of running and weight lifting I was doing before starting this.
When your calories go back up I'm sure you will! Maybe it's water retention? Maybe the elastic is just old in your workout clothes and so they show the bumps? You sound massively fit to me. Enjoy the loss!

As for me I'm trying to stick to close to 500 for a couple of days to spur a decent loss. I'd hate to get into another 3 week stall...but I fear that's what my body has in store for me every 10 lbs. Will see on Monday...
Old 07-24-2017, 03:03 PM   #79
4devochki
Senior LCF Member

another 1 lb loss for the week, ARGH!

Did lose another full inch from my waist, though, AND, what's even better, 3/4 inch from my CALVES, which have not budged at all in the previous 8 weeks. So I'll take it.

But that scale, man...every 10 lbs this is going to happen, I know, so time to get my head on straight.

That said, the eating is not bothering me a single bit. I feel full and satisfied, with just a few tummy grumbles in the hour before the next meal.

How's everyone doing?
Old 07-26-2017, 08:28 AM   #80
4devochki
Senior LCF Member

next day showed another lb. drop--yay!

I am so cluelessly stubborn. After my disappointing week, which had included 2 really low-cal days, I figured I would just keep weighing until I saw the drop, dagnabbit. Thankfully it only took until Tuesday, so I'm down to 162, or 29.8 lbs in 8 weeks.

Who's here with me?
Old 07-26-2017, 02:29 PM   #81
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Hello everyone!!!!

I am sorry I have been absent. It is nice to hear from everyone. How has everyone been doing? I felt like I ate well on my vacation. I did splurge on some ice cream and gained 6lbs back!! What the heck? I also did have a drink with the girls. Oy. I had fun none the less, but I am glad that I have nothing planned vacation wise in the future. I feel better when I am focused on myself and my goals.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:50 PM   #82
Blue
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Blue
Stats: 267/223/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 8/7/17

Hi all! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Laurie and I just started MWL at the Scottsdale location. I have PCOS and Hypothyroidism and have set a 50 pound weight loss goal to start. According to the nurse I could be there by November, so fingers crossed. I have tried everything and find it extremely hard to see results due to my medical issues.

Wishing you all luck and looking forward to sharing!
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:29 PM   #83
4devochki
Senior LCF Member

Week 9--another 4 lbs down!

Weighed in at 159.4 today, for a 4 lb drop from last week.

That's how it goes--1 lb, 1 lb, 1 lb and and then a good drop.

I figure my calorie deficit must be at 1,000 per day (since I get around 6-700 and will maintain at 1700, given my weight of 160x11=1,760). So on average, at a 7,000 calorie deficit per week, I should be losing 2 lbs. And it works out, just not at the regular pace I'd like.

Welcome, Blue! Look forward to hearing about your progress.

Empress, that 6 lbs is sure to be mostly water weight and will be gone in a jiffy, no doubt.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:54 AM   #84
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Hi all! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Laurie and I just started MWL at the Scottsdale location. I have PCOS and Hypothyroidism and have set a 50 pound weight loss goal to start. According to the nurse I could be there by November, so fingers crossed. I have tried everything and find it extremely hard to see results due to my medical issues.

Wishing you all luck and looking forward to sharing!
Hello Laurie,

Aw! A fellow Arizonan. I'm from Arizona, though, I moved to Utah back in December. I was in Arizona last weekend for my vacation (when I gained the 6lbs back) Ugh. It's gone now. I managed to lose it last week - but now I am at a plateau. I can't get under 208. What the heck!!! I'm supposed to be at my goal by the second week of October. I'll be in Arizona for my graduation then!

Good luck! Nice to see you on here.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:56 AM   #85
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4devochki View Post
Weighed in at 159.4 today, for a 4 lb drop from last week.

That's how it goes--1 lb, 1 lb, 1 lb and and then a good drop.

I figure my calorie deficit must be at 1,000 per day (since I get around 6-700 and will maintain at 1700, given my weight of 160x11=1,760). So on average, at a 7,000 calorie deficit per week, I should be losing 2 lbs. And it works out, just not at the regular pace I'd like.

Welcome, Blue! Look forward to hearing about your progress.

Empress, that 6 lbs is sure to be mostly water weight and will be gone in a jiffy, no doubt.
THAT IS SO AWESOME. CONGRATS. I will take the small weight loss with a grain of salt then, hopefully I will have a great drop here soon. I don't have much time to lose the weight I want in the time frame I have!

I did lose the 6lbs in the week following my return from vacation. Must have been water weight!!! I'm the same weight I was from a week and a half ago though, ugh.

What else is new?
Old 08-03-2017, 07:40 AM   #86
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 237.4/226.8/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ -3rd restart 11/1/15
Hi All,

I joined Medi in December 2010 and was very successful and lost 62 pounds. I never got to my goal weight because I got complacent with where I was and just fell off the program. I have gone back several times and just didn't have the real desire to keep going.

So much happened from August 2015 - May 2017 that added a level of stress that I wasn't able to deal with and of course food and wine became my comfort. I gained back all of the 62 pounds plus 3 more. I absolutely hated myself. Things have gotten better and the stress level is practically none existent so now I'm on the road to getting to a healthy weight for me. I am not going to the clinic but I order all my supplements from MediWeightloss.com and I'm doing pretty well.

I turned 60 this year so it's a little harder than before. I started 5/30/17 and I'm down 25 pounds. I travel for work but luckily I cook my food every week and bring that with me. I eat primarily all protein. Absolutely no fruit and very little veggies. I'm probably eating more than 600 calories of protein a day more like 800-1000. I'm not able to do a lot of exercises because of problems with my lower back and right leg. I think that could be the issue with the slow weight loss at this point and the number of calories but I decided I just didn't want to be so extreme with the low calories as before. I only eat when I'm hungry and thankfully I'm never too hungry which is really great.

When I first started in 2010 this forum was a true source of encouragement. It has died down so much since then. It is nice to see that there are a few of you that's trying to keep it going.

I wanted to just post to say keep up the good job. This program works but I think if you don't make this a true life style change then like with all programs the weight will come back and easily.

Good luck to all of you in your journey to lose weight and become healthy.

BAM
betty_going_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:11 AM   #87
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
Hi All,

I joined Medi in December 2010 and was very successful and lost 62 pounds. I never got to my goal weight because I got complacent with where I was and just fell off the program. I have gone back several times and just didn't have the real desire to keep going.

So much happened from August 2015 - May 2017 that added a level of stress that I wasn't able to deal with and of course food and wine became my comfort. I gained back all of the 62 pounds plus 3 more. I absolutely hated myself. Things have gotten better and the stress level is practically none existent so now I'm on the road to getting to a healthy weight for me. I am not going to the clinic but I order all my supplements from MediWeightloss.com and I'm doing pretty well.

I turned 60 this year so it's a little harder than before. I started 5/30/17 and I'm down 25 pounds. I travel for work but luckily I cook my food every week and bring that with me. I eat primarily all protein. Absolutely no fruit and very little veggies. I'm probably eating more than 600 calories of protein a day more like 800-1000. I'm not able to do a lot of exercises because of problems with my lower back and right leg. I think that could be the issue with the slow weight loss at this point and the number of calories but I decided I just didn't want to be so extreme with the low calories as before. I only eat when I'm hungry and thankfully I'm never too hungry which is really great.

When I first started in 2010 this forum was a true source of encouragement. It has died down so much since then. It is nice to see that there are a few of you that's trying to keep it going.

I wanted to just post to say keep up the good job. This program works but I think if you don't make this a true life style change then like with all programs the weight will come back and easily.

Good luck to all of you in your journey to lose weight and become healthy.

BAM
Welcome Betty!!

Yes I wish I knew about Medi Weightloss when this forum was more popular, luckily though the old posts are still there to be read and offer the encouragement.

What exactly does your day to day with food look like? That's incredible!! You lost 25 in about 8 weeks.... ? Congrats! That is a huge step, I am proud.

I'm glad to see you're on here as well. It will be nice to have a few people that are involved in the forum.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:24 AM   #88
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 237.4/226.8/150
Start Date: December 2010/ -3rd restart 11/1/15
Quote:
Welcome Betty!!

Yes I wish I knew about Medi Weightloss when this forum was more popular, luckily though the old posts are still there to be read and offer the encouragement.

What exactly does your day to day with food look like? That's incredible!! You lost 25 in about 8 weeks.... ? Congrats! That is a huge step, I am proud.

I'm glad to see you're on here as well. It will be nice to have a few people that are involved in the forum.
My breakfast is normally one egg and turkey bacon. But because I was tired of eggs this week I ate 2 ounces of nuts with my coffee.

Lunch this week, I had 1 cup tuna salad. I made a batch to bring. I used 4 small cans of tuna packed in water, low fat mayo, onions, 3 boiled eggs, salt and pepper. I wrapped that a lettuce leaf.

Dinner this week was BBQ chicken. Should not have had the sauce but it wasn't a lot.

I try to limit my proteins to chicken and fish.

I'll weigh myself on Friday morning. Because last week was only 1/2 pound I'm hoping for a much bigger number this week.
betty_going_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:13 PM   #89
Blue
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Blue
Stats: 267/223/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 8/7/17
Thanks for the welcome, all! Hope you have all had a good week.
After my initial consult, I had to wait a week (yesterday) to go back for the tests. I wish the eating plan had been explained more. I understand based on the test that I can have 600-650 calories of protein per day in the first week. Then there is a list of Misc items. Those don't count in that calorie total is what I am getting (things like sugar free jello, mustard, pickles etc). Does that sound right to everyone? My uncured bacon says it is 30 calories per slice, but their paperwork says to count it as 35. Same with my ground beef. Do I go off of my labels or their packet? I am sure I will get used to it. I am sitting here planning out my meals for the week now. I go back on 8/15 for my first weigh-in, so we'll see how it goes! Good luck to all!
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:34 AM   #90
Rvarner10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rvarner10
Stats: 314/288/180
Start Date: July 22, 2017
Quote:

What is this natural suppressant
Rvarner10 is offline   Reply With Quote