Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-22-2017, 09:26 AM   #1
yoGiRLDaniE
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: yoGiRLDaniE
Stats: 201.2/178.0/130
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: December 5, 2016
Medi Friends 2017

Hi Everyone!

I was not seeing a thread for Medi Wieghtloss 2017 so I made one.

My name is Danielle and I recently started with Medi on 1/12/17. My first week was hell in that I did not lose the big amount that people rave about week 1. I account it to already having been on a diet and a smoothie cleanse prior to starting so all of my water weight was gone as I had lost 20 lbs on diet and exercise alone.
So my week one I had lost 1.5 lbs that included - 3 lbs of fat and +1.5 lbs of water. I was totally discouraged through out the week as my weight increased and increased steadily over the course of the week and did not start going down till day 5 or so. I am unsure of what to account that to but I was not happy.
Overall, I am really happy so far with the process and was so glad that they said I can now have veggies. Please let me know if there is anyone else out there that is doing Medi 2017. Look forward to hearing from you.

Danie
yoGiRLDaniE is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2017, 12:32 PM   #2
WonderMonkey
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WonderMonkey
Stats: 274.8/257.5/200??
Start Date: Jan 3, 2017
I'm doing Medi and started 1/3/2017. I had made a thread but it seemed I was the only one so didn't update it.

I made a weight loss journal in the sub-forum for it. Here is the link if you would like to read: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=885854

As for my experience, I did get a nice sized loss the first week and have continued to have what I consider "good" losses each week. One think I did was go zero carbs, and only way I got any was because they just snuck in somehow. Even now, on my fourth week, I don't have veggies in my approach. I do have some carbs via eggs or my electrolyte supplement but I keep that low. I supplement with a nice vitamin set so the lack of veggies isn't hurting me.

And, Hello!
WonderMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:24 AM   #3
Lucas33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lucas33
Stats: start:263/current:236.8/goal:200
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 09/15/17
New appt Friday

HI there.. I have my first appointment this coming Friday. I'm a little surprised and concerned about the level of activity on this board. Starting to think maybe the diet is not so popular anymore? Before moving out of state, I lost weight in 2009 on medi weightloss. There was so much activity on this board back then. A lot of support and help.

Unfortionately before getting to maintenance stage, I lost my job and moved out of state. Could kick myself for not just starting maintenance anyway because I have gained all back in the last 8 years. Anyway, new start, new state, new office. I remember it being hard but also working. My biggest issue in the past was wine(which I love) throwing me out of ketosis.
Lucas33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:46 PM   #4
WonderMonkey
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas33 View Post
HI there.. I have my first appointment this coming Friday. I'm a little surprised and concerned about the level of activity on this board. Starting to think maybe the diet is not so popular anymore? Before moving out of state, I lost weight in 2009 on medi weightloss. There was so much activity on this board back then. A lot of support and help.

Unfortionately before getting to maintenance stage, I lost my job and moved out of state. Could kick myself for not just starting maintenance anyway because I have gained all back in the last 8 years. Anyway, new start, new state, new office. I remember it being hard but also working. My biggest issue in the past was wine(which I love) throwing me out of ketosis.
Hello! I'm active in the Weight Loss Journal and the Exercise board, come on by.

As far as popularity I think the biggest thing is the cost and going to appointments. Additionally the exposure. I had never heard of it until my brother in law mentioned it.

It's really helping me, that's all I know.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:56 PM   #5
Lucas33
Junior LCF Member

I had my first appointment on Friday. On day 4 so far so good. Had a headache on first day but I think that was due to fasting for blood work and by the time I got home it was almost noon. Omega fish burps were AWEFUL the first day. so Gross. Not sure it was on a empty stomach or what but I have only been able to take 1 each day so far. In Ketosis on day 3 so jugging along. Superbowl party was tough. Not with temptation but with very limited options. I brought chicken skewers but everyone loved them and ate them too.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:09 PM   #6
WonderMonkey
Senior LCF Member

I've been doing fish oil for a few years now and have not yet had a fish burp. Not looking forward to my first one.

I think many times the thought of "I want that" is not a real desire but you remember that you SHOULD want it so it's present. I don't have any real desire for food now, for the most part, but I did have a meal of pizza this past Saturday just to stop me from wanting everything I see just because I think I should. Needed a small reset, and it worked.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:37 AM   #7
Lucas33
Junior LCF Member

First weigh in today. Down 9.2. I'm sure a lot is water but still happy with the results. First week was easier than anticipated. Now to stay on track.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:34 AM   #8
reneed
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reneed
I'm back on medi after 2 years off. I lost 7.4 the first week, 4.2 the second, nothing the 3rd or 4th and 1.2 the 5th. I'm getting discouraged but the 2 weeks that I didn't lose I was sick in bed to I didn't move much at all. I need to lose at least. I'm excited that people are posting on this board again, I look forward to sharing tips!
reneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:36 PM   #9
Lucas33
Junior LCF Member

Hi there. 2nd weigh today. Down 3.2 for a total of 12.4. So far so good.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:48 PM   #10
Joani
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Joani
Hi All. Started Medi on 02/13/17. I had to change my appt due to my work schedule so I ended up going today. I'm down 8!! Which I know is water. But I'm happy. I have a lot to lose so this is encouraging. I'd love to hear from peeps who've done medi before. There are literally zero forums/pages where medi people can connect which I find in this day and age is weird.
Joani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:23 PM   #11
zillayen
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zillayen
Stats: 158/142/130
Start Date: 2/23/17
I just had my first appointment this morning. I did MWL about 5 years ago and had a lot of success, kept it off for 2 years, then life happened Hoping to have similar success this time around! I'm doing phentermine again since it worked for me last time.
zillayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:48 AM   #12
smasonnc
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: smasonnc
Stats: 175/175/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: February 23, 2017
I just started back on Medi. I had good luck with it a few years ago but lots of life changes happened in the meantime. Now I'm serious. Day 1 went well. The worst part was the fish oil so that's pretty good. It won't be easy but it will be worth it.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:03 AM   #13
smasonnc
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: smasonnc
Stats: 175/175/135
Start Date: February 23, 2017
Just got back from week 1 weigh in and I'm down 6.4 pounds. I'm pretty psyched. Is anybody out there?
Old 03-03-2017, 02:51 PM   #14
zillayen
Junior LCF Member

I'm here! I had my first weigh-in today and was down 9.6 pounds! Super excited! Even more exciting is being able to add vegetables -- I've never been so excited to eat a salad in my life.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:26 PM   #15
ChrisJ
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChrisJ
New to Medi!!!

Hey everyone. This is day 3 of my weight loss journey. Brand new to this type of diet. Going good, except today I'm hungier than the other couple of days. Not sure why but hopefully today will be the worse day. Hows everyone else doing? I'm excited to see how this goes as I've seen lots of positive results.
ChrisJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:04 PM   #16
Lucas33
Junior LCF Member

Week 5 done. 20 lbs total loss. Been very up and down for me. Big loss some weeks, less some others. Overall happy. Caught my kids cold and this week has been tough. I found out the hard way that Nyquil kicks you out of ketosis. So back to week 1 for me for the next few days.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:56 PM   #17
ChrisJ
Junior LCF Member

1st official weigh -in

Hey everyone...first official weigh in and I lost 9 lbs!!! Pretty stoked. It wasn't too hard, but glad to finally get a few vegetables. Can't believe that it is only 2 servings though....which it was more oh well, better than none!!

Good luck everyone ...we can do this!!!
Old 03-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #18
MissTan
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MissTan
Greetings all,
I'm day 4 in week one. That first night I literally thought something was wrong. My head was pounding!!!! I'm over that now. Thank God!!!
Now I'm still having difficulty getting in all the supplements. It's a lot of pills.
Do any of you do the mid week injections?
I'm thinking about heading in tomorrow.
Happy I found this board.
MissTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:00 PM   #19
ChrisJ
Junior LCF Member

MissTan, only been on 2 1/2 weeks so far and I haven't done the mid week injections. Last week I was way too busy to get to there and this week off on vacation. I would like to get those mid weeks, but haven't found the time yet.
How is everyone doing so far?
Old 03-23-2017, 05:45 PM   #20
MissTan
Junior LCF Member

ChrisJ- I thought I would make it but the clinic I go to closed at like 1pm
So... didn't happen.
I weigh in tomorrow and I'm just being honest with myself. I know I have unrealistic expectations, but If I don't lose at least 8lbs, I don't know how much more of this I can take.
Most people have a huge week 1. I got on my scale today and ummmm... it's not looking like a big loss at all.

I'll let you guys know, but I'm praying for success.
I'm SICK of being FAT!!

What's a typical daily menu like for you?
Some people are so creative... I'm definitely sick of chicken and turkey breast.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:40 PM   #21
MissTan
Junior LCF Member

Well. Week one loss 5.8
I'm happy about that loss, wish it were more.
Went over my blood work and told me my A1c was in the prediabetic range.
I'm so confused. I've been heavier and never had this issue.
I'm wondering about all those times I've done low carb and read articles about how going on and off the diet can make you insulin resistant.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:02 PM   #22
zillayen
Junior LCF Member

I just had my week 4 visit. Finally some more progress! Weeks 2 and 3 the scale hardly moved at all. Supposedly I was losing fat each week but my water weight was up both weeks, so I only lost about a pound between the end of weeks 1 and 3. This week it must have caught up because I was down 5 more lbs. I have been SUPER strict, and have been working out quite a bit, so I hope things keep going on this track! I am down about 16 lbs overall in 4 weeks (about 12.2 lbs of fat!!), but of course most of that was the first week. 11 more lbs to go towards my goal.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:32 PM   #23
MissTan
Junior LCF Member

That's awesome Zillayen. Did you have a big loss week 1?
If so, it's usually proceeded by a small loss but your total is amazing.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:31 PM   #24
ChrisJ
Junior LCF Member

MissTan...hope things are going better for you. Just got back from vacation today, little afraid to step on that scale. I ate totally on point the whole week, but we went out to eat often so I know that can throw things off, salt and stuff. I'll see tomorrow......
Old 03-27-2017, 10:32 PM   #25
Amy_RN
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amy_RN
Stats: 5' 6" 198/193/150
Start Date: March 2017
Hello all! I am new to Medi weight loss, but when I saw great results from a neighbor who was my same height & weight, I knew this would work for me. Similarly, I was wondering why there wasn't any recent Forum/Threads for Medi? Did everyone give up on it? Does everyone else know of another/better diet plan? I am glad to be here and glad to be able to discuss the challenges that I know I am going to be faced with in the future as I continue on Medi. I know some of y'all have been discussing cost, my clinic was able to use my health insurance to cover the cost of Medi, excluding supplement costs. I too started a very low carb diet about 4 days before my actual initial visit to Medi, I was pleased to find I was already in ketosis at my first visit. I am currently on day 4 (of week 1).
Amy_RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:13 PM   #26
zillayen
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTan View Post
That's awesome Zillayen. Did you have a big loss week 1?
If so, it's usually proceeded by a small loss but your total is amazing.
Yes, my first week was very high, over 9 lbs. Then the next two weeks basically nothing moved on the scale We'll see what happens when I weigh in again tomorrow. I feel like my clothes are looser, but trying not to weigh myself at home.

Tomorrow is my last visit before my vacation and then I am gone for 2 weeks. That will be interesting! Hoping I can stay strong and stay on track at the resort.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:14 PM   #27
WonderMonkey
Senior LCF Member

Hello! Just updated my thread on how my 12 week thing went. Copy and paste below.

"My 12 week program is over. Actually it was over just over a week ago. Here are the stats.

Start: 12/30/2016 - 274.8 lbs
End: 3/24/2017 - 222.5 lbs
Total Weight Lost: 52.3 lbs

I think I could have done more, but generally I'm happy with the results."
Old 04-08-2017, 09:52 AM   #28
ChrisJ
Junior LCF Member

Wow!!! WonderMonkey!!! Way to go! I hope I do that well. I'm on week 4. As of the end of week three I have lost 18 pounds. What are you planning on doing now that the 12 weeks are over? Are you going to continue?
Old 04-08-2017, 10:01 AM   #29
ChrisJ
Junior LCF Member

As i stated above, I'm on week 4 and down 18 pounds. I actually lost 5 pounds on vacation. Was really surprised that I could do this WOE on vacation and it really wasn't too hard...except towards the end when everyone was chowing down on candy on the way home. But I stayed stronged. I've been getting the mid-week injections for the past 2 weeks and I feel that is helping me..at least it is mentally, kinda gives me the mid-week push to finish strong. How is everyone doing with the meal planning? I'm wanting to venture out of my rut of just plain protein and was wanting to try to mix it up with maybe some casseroles that fit in the plan. Anyone done that yet? I've seen some recipes at the clinic that I might want to try but haven't done any yet. Does anyone know if almond flour is okay on this WOE? I've seen some recipes using that and was wondering, probably need to ask at my next visit.

MissTan I just read some of your posts...my meals are pretty basic but I do try to eat what my family eats. Last night it was burgers for the family and I had a turkey burger, no bun and veg. I'll do chicken with seasonings, fish, I also did meatloaf without the bread crumbs and that actually worked great! I've been following some FB low carb groups and they have been giving me some ideas. Also, I'll do a salad with chicken or tuna also I plan to do shrimp today with a side of vegs. Trying to mix it up but I'm really not that bored...yet.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:21 AM   #30
WonderMonkey
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post
Wow!!! WonderMonkey!!! Way to go! I hope I do that well. I'm on week 4. As of the end of week three I have lost 18 pounds. What are you planning on doing now that the 12 weeks are over? Are you going to continue?
I am going to continue. I'm going back every other week and am on one of their "after 12 weeks" prescriptions. I think I could continue on my own without it but my tough time is coming up. I'm a college exposure fastpitch coach and my Summer is tough and where I get the weakest mentally as far as food goes. Once I get through Summer I'll actually be at what I hope is my best bodyfat % (assuming I'm successful) and I will come off any medications and manage on my own, using all that I've learned.