Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-20-2016, 06:26 AM   #181
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/187/169-mini goal
WOE: low carb-Atkins '72
Start Date: restart- 8/9/16
Good morning ladies,

After getting on the scale today, I have no other option than to reign it in... keto + hhcg it is. I've have to do something because these days I gain way too easily, I have to suck it up and just do what needs to get done with NO cheats. I'm going to start the hhcg addition either tomorrow or Thursday. I want to get into deeper ketosis before starting too, like Deb.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2016, 06:40 AM   #182
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Good morning ladies,

After getting on the scale today, I have no other option than to reign it in... keto + hhcg it is. I've have to do something because these days I gain way too easily, I have to suck it up and just do what needs to get done with NO cheats. I'm going to start the hhcg addition either tomorrow or Thursday. I want to get into deeper ketosis before starting too, like Deb.
I am right there with you Shari!!! We can do this, because honestly, we have to. I am out of options myself. PLUS, I really really want this now.

Adding in my HCG tomorrow morning. I am not hungry at all today, no breakfast yet and usually I have eaten by 6am.. Love KETO!!

LETS GO!!!!
Old 09-20-2016, 06:56 AM   #183
julieboolie
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/155.4/158lbs
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Yay! Shari and Deb are losing appetites, and losing weight too!! Keto is the best way to control my appetite and I miss that! You'll both do amazingly well with that! And like I've said before, Fall is the best time to do it, imho.

Shari- I feel your pain on the scale and the quick gains! I am hoping it'll come back off quickly for you too!!! Hang in there and enjoy that first week whoosh!!

You too Deb! Hope the scale is being kind and encouraging to you too!!

I'm still up, 175.6 today . I did weigh at 5:15am so I'm hoping it'll be lower tomorrow. I hate to stop this healing process, but like you guys, am gonna have to change something soon! This isn't a pattern I want to maintain!

But, I'm getting stronger and feeling great about my weight training!! Hitting new PRs each session, which is really exciting! About to hit my year long squat goal-probably tomorrow. So there's that! And I actually got a compliment yesterday! Ha!
But, jeans don't lie. My "fat" jeans were fitting more snugly. Sigh. I guess I'm glad I have a few pair of fat jeans to tide me over.

Have a great day ladies!!! You've got this!

Come visit me in my journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=888635
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:02 AM   #184
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Julie and Deb I understand you both, on every level. So glad we're here to support one another.

Julie~ I hope the scale is kinder to you very soon. On the other hand, you can't overlook the progress you've made since recommitting to exercising again with the addition of allowing time for your body to heal. Do what's best for you at this time. It'll come together soon.

Yes, Deb, I'm excited too! The scale was not kind today, but I needed the kick to make sure I stay in the game.

Izzy~ how are you? Hope you're feeling better as well.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:58 AM   #185
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 135/123/121
WOE: LCHF + 2 36 hr. fast per week
Start Date: June 4, 2016
Hi Ladies!

Can't believe it has been two weeks since I checked in! What a blur,lol. A surgery with my husband, two birthdays and continued work stress, hehe!

I've read through the posts since my last one and I can relate to everyone. It seems we're all trying to "fine-tune" "dial-in" our resets! I'm on my 3rd 3-day fast (Su-T), definitely wobbly this morning But I think it is helping with my insulin levels although, I'd say my progress is amazingly slow. I watch my FBG more than my weight even though FBG and insulin levels are not precisely correlated, I figure when my insulin levels go down, my FBG will eventually follow. I did have sugary stuff on both birthdays.

Deb! Ours is the same day! It sounds like you had a great one with the party and all Mine was more low-key, spent with my husband but very nice.

The thing I'm really fine-tuning is whether to continue with the 3-day fasts, the 3rd day is TUFF! but the longer without eating the more insulin lowering effect ... my weight is very stable despite the fasting, but it's been stable for almost 2 years. I believe my insulin level is just really set where it is, which is why I'm trying the longer fasts to see if I can lower it. After studying much of Dr. Fung's work I believe I will continue to bounce between my low/high weight until my insulin levels are lowered. The biggest good news is the longer fasts seem to help with appetite control. Often when I fast it leads to overeating but with these longer ones, that hasn't been a problem ... but I'm also coming off a WHOLE YEAR of doing things I though was helpful and finding out in retrospect they were not for my insulin levels ... sigh...

But I'm keeping up my resistance training and have been mostly LCHF on eating days ... although that can get wobbly too! OY! This is so hard. I talked to my husband's daughter a long time this weekend and it just seems EVERYONE is struggling to some degree with food, eating, health these days ... EVIL BIG FOOD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Ha! I love Bret Contreras!! I did gorgeous glutes a while last year! good program . I still do whts in my routine but am doing Stronglifts 5x5 with added lifts of my choice now. Really working on my squats. I too had/have a back thing, compressed disc in my low back and my neck, so form is critical for me. Deloading when I started SL a few weeks ago was great for my squat form. Whts don't bother my back at all and I'm adding weight to that lift (up to 185lbs now) better than others b/c my back tolerates it best. I love deadlifts too, but they really don't love me, and even with perfect form at a certain weight my back spasms, . I've recently got a belt and will try to add weight with that, and hope for progress. Taking it slowly and hoping to remain healthy and pain free!
I envy your menopause. I'm peri, I think. irregular, crazy flow sometimes, hot flashes...fun! I'm 47 and was obese from 6th grade on, so I share your struggles there too. making progress with the "new" me and accepting a higher maintenance weight than I originally wanted so I can live life. I'm not willing to sacrifice forever to be a size 4-6, when I can lift, eat and live well in an 8/10. I look ok, definitely some padding I could lose, but content here. I'm also recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's hypothyroidism and waiting for meds for that, I'm hoping that will help me lose some more fat once my meds are set up. We'll see, I've always been a much harder loser than others, and try to keep my expectations in check, .
Julie awesome that you did Gorgeous Glutes too! I'm almost finished with BW and the other 1st program combo! It's taken me FOREVER! I'm going to try to stick with the other two programs. When I was doing whts 3x a week it made a huge difference, so I'm eager to get back to that. I don't worry as much about squats and don't do DLs

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis and that you're struggling with that. I have bounced back and forth between accepting where I am and wanting to be leaner. Now that I've learned about insulin levels it really fed the "want to be leaner" bug, which is where I am. Not sure that's good, but it's where I am. I also know I won't get there until/unless my insulin levels are lower. ERGH! TUFF STUFF!

Shari, were you doing kale shakes & OMAD? I did OMAD for about three months last year and it just really didn't work for me. Gradually, that one meal just started getting bigger and bigger and I ended up gaining weight and having my FBG go up Really a bummer cause it works for so many.

We need to be patient with ourselves and our bodies. I'm still very glad this challenge is here as we slide into ... THE HOLIDAYS!!!

Hi Izzy, I hope you're doing better with your pain.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:20 AM   #186
julieboolie

Good morning ladies!!

Heather-Good to see you! I was wondering where you were . Glad Dh is doing well and happy birthday to you!! Wow! 3-day fasts every week? And you don't overdo the eating days? That's some good self control!! I did ok in the beginning with the fasting but didn't like the mental rebound effect-became obsessed with food! Hope the lowered Bg helps you! Are you diabetic? I can't remember, sorry. My family has diabetes throughout but my blood work is excellent so I'm not worrying about it. Hope your workouts are going well!! I am only getting whts once a week, or sometimes even less, as I'm chasing a squat goal just now.

Shari-I do think I'm worrying too much about the scale, but I'm too lazy to measure often for feedback . I look ok in the mirror and clothed so I'm not gonna stress the scale too much. Until my thyroid is optimized, or as close as I'll get, I'm not going to actually lose anyway. I'm just hoping to maintain and heal and need to wrap my head around that.
How's it going today for you? Hope the hcg and keto is getting you solidly into ketosis and that scale is saying nicer things to you .

I am back down a bit - 174.4, and feeling calmer . Still not where I should be, but I can feel and see more muscles now so I'm happy with that . I'm off to lift this morning and looking forward to it!!
I am actually feeling less exhausted. It could be because I'm not babysitting anymore or hopefully the meds are starting to kick in? The t3 is done tomorrow so it'll be all synthroid after tomorrow. The scientist in me is very interested in how it'll go. My hair continues its exit, which is a big deal to me. Really hoping to one day shower without a birds nest of hair to show for it .

Deb, izzy, hope you guys are doing well!

Old 09-21-2016, 09:39 AM   #187
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all! Just a quick update since I am so busy at work, but want to stay accountable.

Happy Birthday Heather!! Same day? How cool! Glad surgery went well and things are getting back to normal for you.......... you are so tiny!!!!

Julie, congrats on the loss, no matter how small.. less ounces to carry around.. I sure hope those meds help with your hair loss. I used to have very very thick and long hair, now it is just long...... I can't remember when it started to thin out but it was years ago.. I miss my thick hair when I do a ponytail..

Shari, how are things going? Hope very well for you today. I started adding HCG today and of course nothing to report yet....... but I have no hunger which was my goal with KETO eating. I cannot eat tons of fat as it does not agree with me, but I am sticking to it, and doing the best I can. Barely any carbs which is why I have no appetite.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful day!!!
Old 09-21-2016, 12:01 PM   #188
julieboolie

Thanks Deb!! Sounds like you're doing well! Taking it a day at a time and moving on! Yes! My pony tail holder now goes around my tail 4 time when it used to only make it 3, and barely at that!

Just checking in to say I killed it at the gym today!! I hit my goal of 135lbs squats and did 5 sets of 5 reps!! I'm so excited!! It's been a long time since I was this happy about my lifting!! . I think this is definitely making the most of my thyroid induced maintenance phase! !! Getting my calories and carbs up has really been so good for me!! If the scale settles down (which I hope it is!) this could work for a while!!

Happy hump day all!

Old 09-21-2016, 12:26 PM   #189
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Deb!! Sounds like you're doing well! Taking it a day at a time and moving on! Yes! My pony tail holder now goes around my tail 4 time when it used to only make it 3, and barely at that!

Just checking in to say I killed it at the gym today!! I hit my goal of 135lbs squats and did 5 sets of 5 reps!! I'm so excited!! It's been a long time since I was this happy about my lifting!! . I think this is definitely making the most of my thyroid induced maintenance phase! !! Getting my calories and carbs up has really been so good for me!! If the scale settles down (which I hope it is!) this could work for a while!!

Happy hump day all!
Way to go Julie!!! you are killing it with your lifting!!
Old 09-21-2016, 03:20 PM   #190
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Hey Ladies, thanks or the B-day shout out

Julie, I know I just disappeared ... but I was with you all in spirit. I'm so determined to get some things dialed in by year-end as opposed to going off the rails and doubling-down in January!

The three day fasts are kind of weird, because they're so far beyond what I could have done in the past, even my husband is kind of "wowed" The best I can tell is the longer fasts do cut my insulin and thus lower my appetite, from what I understand an out-of-control appetite (with which I am intimately familiar!) is a symptom of insulin resistance. So I had brie and walnuts this morning to break my fast. I'm going to try to up my fats and moderate protein this week and see how it goes.

Yesterday I thought I was going to break my fast early, but about 10 am this mental clarity hit, so I hung in ... due to switching to fat burning? I'm ever hopeful, lol.

I don't have diabetes or pre-diabetes ... yet. But my FBG has been going up gradually for over a decade ... my SIL has serious diabetes and after seeing what she has gone through, is going through, I'm pretty much willing to do whatever it takes to NOT get there. I'm not going to force myself to do these three-day fasts, I'm just going to do them when I can, and until my FBG is more stable.

Julie, Congratulations on your SQUAT ACHIEVEMENT!!!!! Heavy weights are so confidence-building. But I'm also extremely cautious. I do whts on the leg extension machine, so much easier. No set up!

Do you use the squat racks? Do you ever use the smith machine? I know there is a lot of negativity about that but I've seen some cool moves on it. When I'm ready I'm going to experiment more. This morning I did: whts/1-arm rows, hack squats (they keep my back right!) and back extensions.

Oh, I was going to mention the Ormron BF monitor. I use it. No, it's not meticulously accurate, but it seems to reliably register trends. I don't weight without it They're aren't too bad, about $35 I think on Amazon. Worth the piece of mind, when you're weight goes up and your BF goes down!

Haha, Deb, B-day sister! on the tiny. I have major body dysmorphia. It's silly, but it's real. I have been happy with where I'm at until I learned all about this IR in June/July from FUNG and BUTTER BOB BRIGGS ... then I realized ... I'm not quite as healthy as I thought I was ... But I tell you, it's hard to bring background insulin down. I've had to make so many tweaks. I hope I find some success before the end of the year.

Deb, is the hcg shots? I hope it works for you.

The hair thing: me too. Like you both I started with a lot, thank goodness! Otherwise I'd be bald now! Mostly, I just try not to think about it

So ... I'm always a sucker for something new ... I came across this thing: THE POWER OF WHEN ... about your bio-clock. I did the quiz yesterday and bought the book last night ... I'm a dolphin ... but it seems really interesting. I've already started instituting some of the tips and am having a good day.

If you're interested, search "the power of when quiz" and take it online. There are four "bio-clock" types, dolphin, lion, bear, and wolves ... no tigers, lol. But it's interesting ...

Thanks for being here, Ladies!
Old 09-22-2016, 03:13 AM   #191
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies! Quick post as I'm running late. I'll bbl to post personals, but wanted to add that I did start hhcg yesterday. Like you Deb, I don't think I can eat a ton of fat with hhcg, but will eat what's tolerable (I'll have to determine as I go along what that amount will be). I ate very low carb too, sticking to under 10/day is the goal. Deb, keto is a bit different than just low carb; you have to eat protein, fat, etc according to your weight. What's an average day's meal for you?

BTW, Heather, it is great seeing you again! I love your posts!
Old 09-22-2016, 03:35 AM   #192
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes Heather I do the shots because I happen to have some HCG on hand. Shari does the homeopathic version of HCG. They both work the same for me, so I use what I have....

I read all about Fung and have watched Butter Bob's videos which i LOVE!!! when I am deep in Ketosis then I can certainly stretch out my meals. Right now, not so much....... Good luck with it!! I know so many people who it works for, so I am interested in seeing how you do.

Shari, yesterday I ate my spinach salad with feta, Low carb/fat Balsamic dressing and some shrimp. Dinner was Chicken with mushrooms/cream cheese/mozzarella to get the fat up some. I still had around 50-60 g fat and 90 g protein.. I am not going to track real close because that puts me in a DIET frame of mind. I will for a few days to see where I am then I will know what to eat.......... We shall see! Good luck to us!!

Julie hope you had a wonderful evening!!!
Old 09-22-2016, 06:47 AM   #193
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 211/211/175 prednisone since 11/16
WOE: trying to figure it out
Good to see everyone is doing so well! I've been taking naproxen and occasional flexeril for the pain which has taken the edge off but still feels like I'm lifting 1000 pounds of leg to put my pants on. Miraculously still around the same weight although not low carb. This pain started overnight a week into low carb, so I may be having phantom fears around that. LOL. The more I research fibromyalgia, I'm finding that chemicals in our environment can trigger it. One woman it was msg, for a man he had to go whole foods organic vegetarian for his symptoms to disappear. I let this depress me and I haven't taken any action yet. Still not eating wheat which doesn't seem to make a difference. I still think whatever was blown out of the old a/c ducts this summer that made me sick for 3 weeks triggered it, but no one believes that it could be the cause. Anyway it doesn't matter what the cause at this point I need to find what is triggering it. I promise I will get off my arse soon and be back here! Thanks for the kind thoughts, they mean a lot!

Last edited by Izzysdream; 09-22-2016 at 06:57 AM..
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:55 AM   #194
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysdream View Post
Good to see everyone is doing so well! I've been taking naproxen and occasional flexeril for the pain which has taken the edge off but still dealing with it. Miraculously still around the same weight although not low carb. This pain started overnight a week into low carb, so I may be having phantom fears around that. LOL. The more I research fibromyalgia, I'm finding that chemicals in our environment can trigger it. One woman it was msg, for a man he had to go whole foods organic vegetarian for his symptoms to disappear. I let this depress me and I haven't taken any action yet. Still not eating wheat which doesn't seem to make a difference. I still think whatever was blown out of the old a/c ducts this summer that made me sick for 3 weeks triggered it, but no one believes that it could be the cause. Anyway it doesn't matter what the cause at this point I need to find what is triggering it. I promise I will get off my arse soon and be back here! Thanks for the kind thoughts, they mean a lot!
Good heavens I hope you get relief soon!!
Old 09-22-2016, 08:06 AM   #195
julieboolie

Izzy- you would think with the suddenness of the symptoms a dr could help more! So sorry you're still struggling with this pain! Hope you can figure out the cause or some way for relief!

Deb-you'll do great! You're kind of an hcg rockstar in my mind, so I know it'll work well for you!!!

Shari-glad you're dosing too and I know you'll do well with the keto. It's remarkable to me how much I miss fat on this current plan I'm following! The grass is always greener .

Heather-sounds like you're doing well! From what I remember of early Juddd weeks the fasting got easier with practice. Hope you're able to improve your health and fbg with these changes you're making .

I'm doing well. Feeling accomplished and recommitted to my goal of "strong is the new skinny". I lost sight of it a few times this year. But am enjoying this renewed focus to my weight training. Of course making measurable progress does have a way of encouraging you! I hope this'll help me with my views of food, dieting, lifestyle changes and focusing on health and fitness more than thinness. Balanced and healthy

The weekend is almost here! Hope you're all doing well and enjoying the start of Fall!!! Still hot here, but it's coming!

Old 09-22-2016, 11:35 AM   #196
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Shari!!!!!

Deb, I love Butter Bob too! He's so plain spoken and down-to-earth This challenge is a great length of time for me to test and see if what I'm doing will actually work. I hope your plan works for you too. One thing I LOVE about these boards/this thread is the FREEDOM we have to experiment with what works for us individually!

General Update: This morning my FBG was up!!!! 115. GEEZ! Last night I had bacon, green beans and red onions for dinner. The bacon was store-bought. My husband doesn't like the thicker sliced cuts I get from our local butcher. I'm thinking that store-bought bacon was the culprit: SUGAR! Those numbers are like what I get when I go out and eat CARBS! GRRRR!!!!

Oh, well, I must KEEP CALM & KEEP ON! hehe!

Izzy, oy! All that sounds frustrating, but you sound like your hanging in there.

Julie, I did a "Gain muscle" Competition between January and April this year. It did help my mindset a lot. I got down to 23.5% BF which was amazing ... now hovering between 24.5% and 25.5% ... I started the year at 29.5% but focusing on gaining strength and not on being skinny, was really healthy for me. It broke the mindset of: I MUST STARVE MYSELF!!!! I have found it challenging to put on more muscle, but I will not give up! Have settled in for SLOW.

I'm eating today, so I'm happy

Glad you all are here!

Last edited by ButterBaconBurgers; 09-22-2016 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: add a bold
ButterBaconBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 05:07 AM   #197
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Heather! I too admire you ability to fast for 3 days!! Wow! I love how you're taking control now vs later, ensuring your FBG levels don't become a major problem later in life. Congrats on achieving a lower BF level too! Never heard of Butter Bob, I'll look into it more this weekend.

Izzy~ I'm so sorry you're still feeling bad. I pray you get some good relief and comfort soon. You've done amazingly well with not eating to your emotions, this has been a major life-altering change, and pain on top of that, really complicate things. Hold steady, my friend.

Julie~ congrats on the squat challenge and reaching MAJOR goals!! What an accomplishment!! Love your mindset now, overall improved health and fitness vs. just being skinny. It's all in the mind, the rest follows (gotta keep telling myself the same thing).

Deb~ thanks for sharing your meals. So far, I've only been dosing in the morning only because I don't have a full bottle and want to preserve as much as I can. I'm not hungry because I'm certainly eating well, like you, I'm only taking the juice to help with fat loss overall.

I weighed early today to gauge where I'm at because I feel I've been eating too many calories. I'm down 3lbs, eating very well so I am happy that it seems I'm on the right track. I'm glad...but it really is weight I've gained and lost over and over so it's not really that great, euphoric feeling. I haven't reached the 170's in some time, that's my real mini goal right now. I hope you all have a great Friday!
Old 09-23-2016, 07:08 AM   #198
julieboolie

Shari-I'd be overjoyed to be down 3 lbs!! Great job!! you're in the zone and that's extra beneficial heading into the weekend!! KUTGW! I hope it continues to go well!!

Heather-that is amazing!! Love the BF reduction! I'm trying that approach of training and focusing on building muscle trusting the fat loss will take care of itself. So hard though! Hope your Fbg goes down! That does seem high . I'm borrowing your line KEEP CALM AND KEEP ON!! I need to stay the course and not panic when the scale is being mean.

Deb-Hope your results are coming along too!!

Feeling pretty good, planning to lift today. It's payday!! And boy howdy did we need it! Scale up to 175.9!! And I was under on calories yesterday! I'm getting a bit nervous and wondering if it's too much too soon? Hoping the thyroid meds will help may not be wise. I'm not sure they're accomplishing anything. But, aside from that momentary panic, I'm going to stay the course. I flip flop too much and these things take time. I just can't afford to keep gaining. but, I'll focus on my weight training and feeling better. I don't look heavier in the mirror, which is surprising.

Happy weekend all!!!

Old 09-23-2016, 07:26 AM   #199
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 211/211/175 prednisone since 11/16
WOE: trying to figure it out
Quote:
Shari-I'd be overjoyed to be down 3 lbs!! Great job!! you're in the zone and that's extra beneficial heading into the weekend!! KUTGW! I hope it continues to go well!!

Heather-that is amazing!! Love the BF reduction! I'm trying that approach of training and focusing on building muscle trusting the fat loss will take care of itself. So hard though! Hope your Fbg goes down! That does seem high . I'm borrowing your line KEEP CALM AND KEEP ON!! I need to stay the course and not panic when the scale is being mean.

Deb-Hope your results are coming along too!!

Feeling pretty good, planning to lift today. It's payday!! And boy howdy did we need it! Scale up to 175.9!! And I was under on calories yesterday! I'm getting a bit nervous and wondering if it's too much too soon? Hoping the thyroid meds will help may not be wise. I'm not sure they're accomplishing anything. But, aside from that momentary panic, I'm going to stay the course. I flip flop too much and these things take time. I just can't afford to keep gaining. but, I'll focus on my weight training and feeling better. I don't look heavier in the mirror, which is surprising.

Happy weekend all!!!
Hi Julie! Have you been taking measurements? Could it be muscle weight you are gaining?
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:45 AM   #200
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lost my post..... ugh. Real quick watching my Grandson this morning. I am doing fine, down 4 pounds since Wednesday. This is perfectly great for me, since I was doing nothing but going UP the scale.. Not going to go real low on calories so I do NOT expect typical HCG losses.

Today is a busy day with Aiden since my Hubby is out of town and my Daughter is working. Hope you all are having a lovely weekend!!! Keep up the good fight..
Old 09-24-2016, 06:02 AM   #201
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Deb, congrats! We're right with each other, I'm down 4.4 since Wednesday too. I know you're going to be quite busy today since it's just you chasing a toddler, great exercise! He's getting so big and so he's so handsome, what a cutie pie.

Julie, I want to say thank you for reminding me that I should be appreciative of any loss--when you said you'd be overjoyed with a 3lb loss. I actually been thinking about it since reading it yesterday and you're right, especially since it's more difficult to lose nowadays. I hope you're feeling better and the hair situation doesn't get worse. It does take at least 4-6 weeks for the Synthroid to really work; you'll be able to tell if it's the right medication for you by then.

Heather~ nice that you got to eat yesterday! I still really admire your ability to fast for 3 days!

Izzy~ hope you're feeling better these days.

I'm really not counting cals, just being mindful to stop when I'm full and staying strictly under 10 carbs/day. I watched some of Butter Bob's videos yesterday on youtube...he encourages fasting with low carb/high fat which I do agree with. Hopefully I'll be able to do this as my hunger and eating patterns are better contained later.

Last edited by shari; 09-24-2016 at 06:05 AM..
Old 09-24-2016, 11:04 AM   #202
julieboolie

Great job Deb!! 4 lbs is fabulous!! and a full day with your adorable grandson? How sweet!!! You'll be active and that'll help too . Busy little guy, and just so darned cute!! You'll still lose each week and I know you'll be successful!KUTGW!!

Shari-woohoo!! YAY!! that's wonderful!! Woman, you don't have a thyroid!! You're doing fabulous!! I'm glad I helped remind you that you're succeeding!! Keep going with it! You'll be where you want to be soon!! Mindful without having to track and record is wonderful . Have a good weekend!!

Izzy-thanks. I am bigger, all over, but do think I've added muscle. And I know there is a lot of water being put into my muscles too, so the 5 lbs isn't that awful, but I was already up when I started this, and would dearly love to be leaner. But I think it will come. I do need to update my measurements, but can tell by my clothes that I'm bigger.

So, continuing to practice patience.... You'd think I'd get better at it with all this practice .My lifting is going great!! I'm smashing records in the gym and feeling great!! My fatigue is getting a bit better. Not sure if that's the meds or not babysitting anymore, but I'll take it either way! Hair still falling out, but hoping that'll slow down and stop soon. Taking evening primrose oil is supposed to help, so I'm taking that too.

Scale at 175.6 which is up 5 lbs in 2 weeks of following ETP. If it'll stabilize here and eventually turn around and start going down soon I'll be greatly relived!

Here's hoping!! Happy weekend all!!

Old 09-24-2016, 01:20 PM   #203
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies,

NSV: I finished the Strong Curves bodyweight program today! I've been blending it with the beginner weight programs and have one more week left with that, but it feels so good to just know I finished that BW program ... even thought it took forever, lol!

Shari, congratulations on your shrinking numbers! You too, Deb! Shari, it's hard sometimes to keep growing over the same ground, but I always tell myself, it's a real victory over going up up up, which I'm very capable of doing. As far as my "preventative" approach, I just hate going to the doctor Like really bad, so I try to live in a way that minimizes those visits! Thanks on the BF, it's something I do feel really good about ... as my actual weight has barely shifted this year!

Deb, I trust you and your grandson are having fun!

Julie, CONGRATULATIONS on smashing GYM RECORDS! That is so empowering
Old 09-26-2016, 11:33 AM   #204
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

On day 2 of Fasting ... GRRRR ... it definitely has its challenges, but I'm telling myself ... this is TEMPORARY ... until I get my FBG down ... this morning was 85, have to wait to see if this is a blip or a trend!

Hope everyone is off to a great start this week!
Old 09-26-2016, 11:44 AM   #205
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBaconBurgers View Post
On day 2 of Fasting ... GRRRR ... it definitely has its challenges, but I'm telling myself ... this is TEMPORARY ... until I get my FBG down ... this morning was 85, have to wait to see if this is a blip or a trend!

Hope everyone is off to a great start this week!
You are BRAVE or CRAZY............... Just kiddin! Man I can't even imagine doing that... Good for you! I know Fung really loves the fasting but yikes!

All is well here, won't weigh until Saturday but holding strong!!..
Old 09-27-2016, 03:42 AM   #206
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Heather, you're doing incredible! Congrats on the great FBG number!

Julie~ sorry the scale is still being a bummer for you, but agree that it could be muscle developing and it's showing up on the scale. You're doing great, practicing patience is hard, but usually it pays off later.

Deb~ yeah, I don't weigh daily either because it's not like losing weight on the protocol. I'm weighing once a week as well (or try ), Saturday is better because I can sleep in later as well. So far, it's good and I'm satisfied.

Doing well overall, work is getting tougher with the seasons starting to change (in mental health field). I did yoga again to try to help relieve stress.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:02 AM   #207
julieboolie

Shari-glad the yoga is back it seems to really help and certainly won't hurt!! Good for you only weighing once a week. That's hard but a good choice!! KUTGW!!

Deb-you too! good job staying the course!!

Heather-I'm with the others, good job but . I had a hard enough time on the 500 cal dds on JUDDD. Hope the new numbers are a trend!!

I'm doing well, loving my weight training, hating the scale. Making some adjustments in my macros and hope (even though I don't think it'll be enough) to stop the gaining. I'm not that unrealistic and am not expecting a loss, just to maintain. I'm still eating less than TDEE and it's causing a consistent gain. Which totally sucks, as it's really hard to re-lose for me . But, hopefully, miraculously, it'll finally turn around. I'm giving it another week and will see. If I'm still gaining I'm going to have to stop and do something else. It's too much, too fast. My body can't handle it and I will just have to accept that I'm broken and not able to do what others do. This has always been my experience, but I thought, likely naively, that getting my thyroid addressed would help me normalize. It is not. I am doing everything right and not getting the results everyone else does. It points to the issue being "me", not the program. Sigh. It would be one thing if I were enjoying baked goods and yummy things, but I'm not! It's just fuel, boring and formulaic, and should work.

Anyway, that aside, I killed it in the gym again yesterday! I'm a beast I did weighted hip thrusts yesterday (not a normal part of my routine these days) and did 8 reps at 205lbs! That's serous weight! And I felt great!! I had to wait for the squat racks and hadn't done them in too long. Was a wonderful accomplishment!! So, I'm comforted in this time of weight gain that some of it surely must be muscle!!

Off to walk, it's beautiful outside right now!

Old 09-27-2016, 12:48 PM   #208
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Haha, Deb, I think I'm crazy! I'm on day 3, so this is my 4th 3-day fast this month. Last night sucked, very little sleep. I've promised myself no more three day fasts. But this morning my FBG was 68. So ... I think finally my insulin is coming down and I wanted to push through this last day and see if it can be a trend and not a blip! I'll do only 1 2-day fast per week starting next week and hopefully keep that going until I'm getting these good low numbers everyday.

Shari and Deb, I don't weigh everyday either. It just get's too obsessive. I'm trying to focus more on process ... and my FBG

Shari, I guess this time of the year more folks slide into depression? I did that for years ... the descent until January. UGH! I never thought about it on the other side, the mental health workers. How is the yoga? I do something called Yin Yoga as much as I can. Like i try to do 5 to 7 postures every day. It's basically holding a passive posture long ... 1 to 5 minutes. I've done a lot of different yoga, but I settled on this style a few years ago because it's done more for more flexibility than any other style. Plus it's relaxing.

Julie, I've never done JUDD, but I checked out the Blood Sugar Diet a while back and they do 800 cals a day for 8 weeks. TORTURE! I think that's why we have to find what works for us. I do better not eating than eating low cals.

I'm so glad you are loving your weight training. 205# is awesome. I'm only at 110# after laying off weighted hip thrusts for the summer.

Good luck with your macros! I feel like I've been doing that all year, tweaking tweaking tweaking. But it seems we really have to experiment and find what's right for us individually.

I'm really sorry about the gaining. I understand about the re-losing. It's so frustrating. Hang in there.

Our bodies can be so sensitive and stubborn at the same time. And yes, to muscle. If you're lifting that heavy, you've got to be building! I do think lifting alters the whole weight loss, appropriate weight, etc. paradigm.

Don't give up. Just be gentle
Old 09-28-2016, 07:25 AM   #209
julieboolie

Thanks heather! I appreciate your encouragement! As a lifer at this whole obesity/weight loss thing it's hard to divorce myself from the scale. But if my clothes were looser and I felt smaller I'd be ok with the numbers on the scale, but feeling fatter along with it is rough! I'm hoping it'll turn around and I'll find a sweet spot where I can fuel my weight training and not gain
Great job on the FBG . I do hope it's a new trend for you! How is your weight with the long fasts? I'd think you'd be losing with this process? You're doing great and I admire your commitment to your plan!! KUTGW!!!

I'm happy to report I'm down a bit finally!! 176.1 this morning!! I have no idea why, but I'm happy about it! I adjusted my macros as suggested, but doubt 1day would have this much impact (-1.5lbs) I think walking is a good thing and plan to keep doing it-especially on my rest days and now that it's so beautiful outside!! Whatever the case, I'm encouraged that the constant climb seems to have stopped, for now, .

I'm off to lift this morning. I'm sure I'm reaching my limits these days...I'm afraid to fail on my lifts, but know it's part of the process. I'm still thankful to have surpassed my goals and now need to think about new ones . I know I'd like to squat my body weight next. If I could lose some fat it'd be a lot easier to bit that number . So that's what I'm shooting for now .

Happy hump day!! It's finally cooling off out here! And I'm so glad!

Old 09-29-2016, 03:12 AM   #210
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies,

Heather-congrats on the lowering of FBG, the fast is definitely showing quick results for you! My hat is off to you for even doing a 2-day fast. My BF is throwing around doing the Master Cleanse/fast again...we did this together many years ago and I can't say that I didn't feel the best I'd felt. I thought I wouldn't make it the first few days w/o food, but around day 4-5, my body settled and I felt better. That's why for you doing 3 day fasts, I admire that commitment because those are the hardest days..at least for me it was. However, it's great for your body! I love yoga; I DVR mine and have accumulated at least 15 that I use by Wai Lana. She's very good and she explains the poses and benefits, give a nice meditation session at the end. I really feel the benefits throughout the day. Ooops, didn't mean to type a book

Julie-hopefully it is stabilizing for you and again, congrats on reaching your goals! I think it's maybe your body adjusting to the lifting and thyroid; sometimes our bodies just need this period to 'rest' then come back down.

Deb- how's it going?

I flubbed yesterday; we had bday cake at work and it was my fav, white chocolate...ate a small slice, but then it went downhill from there. Had pizza for dinner as I continued to have that 'well I messed up anyway' attitude and gave up for the day. I continue to struggle with this all or nothing mindset, but not going to dwell on it today. Dusting myself off and resetting again...there's not a limit on the number of times we can hit that button is it?