Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-06-2016, 05:34 PM   #181
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Tina-Marie
Stats: -80 lbs so far
WOE: SB mostly
Start Date: March 9, 2016
howdy ladies,

Good day today. It started out pulling my robe out from teh back of the closet. It never did fit properly and has been in the back for years. Now that it is getting cold, I decided to try it. It fits perfect. I was beyond excited. It is so warm. It is these types of things that keep me going. One of my co-workers made a comment about how baggy my pants are getting.

I did take a couple short walks around the building at work. It is like one big loop when you walk through the different departments.

Sharon: WTG on the loss. You are doing so well.

Last edited by Tina-Marie; 10-06-2016 at 05:39 PM..
Tina-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2016, 09:28 PM   #182
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 144/135/125/122 5'6 1/2" 75yr
WOE: SBD -> JUDDD
Start Date: 5/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina-Marie View Post
howdy ladies,

Good day today. It started out pulling my robe out from teh back of the closet. It never did fit properly and has been in the back for years. Now that it is getting cold, I decided to try it. It fits perfect. I was beyond excited. It is so warm. It is these types of things that keep me going. One of my co-workers made a comment about how baggy my pants are getting.

I did take a couple short walks around the building at work. It is like one big loop when you walk through the different departments.

Sharon: WTG on the loss. You are doing so well.
Wow! You have a few NSVs there! How encouraging for you! Congratulations!

Thanks for the WTG on my weight loss. I'm afraid it might come to a stand still because the doc told me one of the prescriptions could result in weight gain. What a crock! I went in for my finger and ended up getting meds for two other issues. Temporary though. At least one.

I haven't been to a doctor since I moved to WA in 2003. I love my doc in OR and didn't know who to go to here. I'm anti-Doctor and anti-Meds. However, I'm very pleased with the Doc in the Walk in Clinic I went to today.

I'm not discouraged - maybe a little disgusted, but i'll get over it. I'll stay on plan and continue exercising.

Good luck to All!

2nd Long Term Goal 135 reached: 6/11/17
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:56 PM   #183
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Maybe you will prove them wrong and the medication won't cause any gains. I will cross my fingers. I am not a fan of seeing new doctors. They are like going to job interviews that you have to pay for.

I am was going to go to the drive in movie they set up this time of year to play Halloween movies. I may go tomorrow instead. I love drive in's.

I found a new recipe for salmon and avocado salsa on Pinterest. As soon as I get the ingredients, I am making it.

I am rambling because I am tired. Nite all!
Old 10-09-2016, 12:41 AM   #184
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Hiya All,

Today was day 8 on my SBD path. Usually I weight in on Saturdays, but not if I didn't sleep the night before due to weight will be off. So taking my weigh-in Friday, I have gained back 6 oz from my weekly low leaving total loss of 2.6 pounds this last week. Although it could be better, I'm not unhappy since at least the scale is moving in the right direction.

My days and nights have been so screwed up this past week that my exercising plans have been copout! Hopefully next week will be better. Also I'm so bad at drinking water. Man, have to improve in that area. Dr. Agatston doesn't even mention water, but we all know it's important.

It finally occured to me that the reason SBD is so successful if following his plan is that it's based on Low Glycemic foods. I had lost weight on eating those foods and counting calories last time around. However, it took me a long time to lose I think 15 pounds because I wasn't strict about just eating those foods. A gentleman in our group did a fantastic job and beat all of us. Only he and I were doing the Low Glycemic diet, but he was more on the ball than me. The rest were just counting calories.

The good thing about the SBD plan is direction in recipes and foods to keep one on track. JMHO anyway. I love the recipes I've tried so far. And BTW, the meatloaf was divine. I modified it between those on the board and my old recipe <- using salsa instead of pasta sauce like I used to. I used 1/2 box of frozen spinach rather than a whole box. It was so good.

I took the time to finally do a search on a topic I've been so curious about for a few years and finally got my answer. That is: How did Barbara Jean on the Reba TV program lose so much weight so fast! Barbara Jean's real name is Melissa Peterson. Now if you're curious, you'll have to look it up.

Have a wonderful week-end!

Old 10-09-2016, 12:47 AM   #185
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Maybe you will prove them wrong and the medication won't cause any gains. I will cross my fingers. I am not a fan of seeing new doctors. They are like going to job interviews that you have to pay for.

I am was going to go to the drive in movie they set up this time of year to play Halloween movies. I may go tomorrow instead. I love drive in's.

I found a new recipe for salmon and avocado salsa on Pinterest. As soon as I get the ingredients, I am making it.

I am rambling because I am tired. Nite all!
You may be right, but I notice I'm hungrier now.

I didn't know they still had drive-ins around. I don't think most states have them. Wonderful memories from my younger years in IL.

BTW, how long did you bake that trout you mentioned the other day? Also could you post the salmon recipe when you have it? I didn't sign up with Pinterest due to their Privacy policy. Did you read it?

Take care!

Old 10-09-2016, 08:48 AM   #186
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Good morning from soggy NJ! We are getting the remnants of Matthew up here along the shore.

It has been an okay weekend of eating! We did go out for dinner last night, celebrating my husband's and SiL's birthdays that are 5 days apart. Other then a bit too much wine , I was SBD and Gluten Free friendly

I just finished making an eggplant lasagna, where the sliced eggplant takes the place of noodles. I roasted the eggplant first, so it became very soft but still holding its shape. If it turns out well, I will share the ingredients - but let's see what my toughest critic, Mr Wiz, has to say first.

Tina-Marie - our town also does an outdoor movie thing throughout the Summer and well into the Fall but it is walk-up not drive-in.

Sharon, I too am anti meds/doctors - which is why you know my knee had to be really killing me for me to finally go to see what was wrong!! Arthritis, seriously? Oh well.

Getting ready to watch my beloved Philadelphia Eagles!!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:20 PM   #187
G8trzz
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: G8trzz
Start Date: August 15, 2016
Good grief!!! I have such good intentions to post and before I know it another day has passed by. I did weigh in on Friday and did not lose weight. I am totally okay with it though because I didn't put it on overnight and would rather have it come off slow than too fast. My husband has lost 26 lbs. It amazes me how much faster guys lose it than girls. He only has about 15 more to go and he will be at goal weight. Yesterday, I had a free coupon for a free full Rodizio meal so my husband and I went there for a lunch/dinner. If you aren't familiar it is a brazilian restaurant where they bring meat of all types around for you to eat. I didn't necessarily do horrible but my stomach sure did hurt this morning!! I can tell when I go off a little too much as I pay for it the next day. It is after 6 pm and it is finally subsiding.
Sharss..I believe you had asked about blackened grouper....it is a popular fish around here from the Gulf of Mexico. It is very mild and very delicious!! I am glad everyone is continuing to do well. I am hoping for another loss this Friday!!! The weather here is staring to change and I couldn't be happier!! So tired of the hot, humid days....really ready to pull out the jackets!!!
G8trzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:59 PM   #188
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

You have such a great attitude G8trzz and you are doing well. We have one of those Brazilian restaurants here and I would love to go. I just haven't ventured there yet.

This weekend has been ok. I didn't do much yesterday. Today, I ran the errands and did the shopping. Sunday is always my chore day. I did finally weigh and I am down another pound. If this makes sense, I care about the numbers on the scale but I don't. I want to see them go down however I appreciate the physical changes more. I am glad I have gotten to this point. Some people live by the scale and it can really cause discouragement. IMO anyway.

I hope everyone's week ahead goes well.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:31 AM   #189
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

A quick check in.

The week is starting out cold. We had a pretty hard freeze last week. I stayed home from work so that I can go to the doctor. I have a hiatal hernia that I have had for several yrs but it has been causing pain. I have not been to the doc in over 5 years... I hate having to spend that much money for 10 mins of their time.

Sharon, what part of Washington do you live in?
Old 10-11-2016, 11:21 AM   #190
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Very unhappy...had an arthritis flare-up yesterday, which is continuing into today. I have been avoiding gluten and had been feeling so well, I really cannot figure out what triggered it. I woke up feeling normal, did 17 miles on my exercise bike and as I walked back up the basement steps I was in agony! I probably tweaked it on my bike, although I didn't feel any pain while pedaling.

Fennel bulb (aka Anise) was on sale this week, so I am planning a roasted split chicken breast and fennel dinner tonight. Love the rich flavor it gets when roasted!

Tina-Marie, good luck with the hernia appt. Sounds painful
Old 10-12-2016, 08:53 PM   #191
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

I found out that it is a and ulcer. It is fixable but will take a bit of time. It does feel better today but still uncomfortable. I keep feeling that if I eat the right thing... it will make it go away. But that is not working.

Wiz: The arthritis has no rhyme or reason. My knees will hurt this time of year when the weather changes and gets cold and wet. Sorry your are bothering you.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:20 PM   #192
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Found a recipe I wanted to share. I'll post it and then be back later.

I’m going to try this recipe from Livestrong recipes. However, my sodium will be lower due to using an unprocessed organic Canadian Bacon. Also Fat will be reduced using a RF cheese. Yes, I found some.  I’ve run across several other muffin cup recipes here on site so this is just another idea. Since my ham slices are thin, I’ll use two slices. I’ll see when I go to make this recipe.

”Green Eggs and Ham” Cups

Prep Time: 10 min Serves: 4
Cooking Time: 15 min Yield: 12 egg cups

Start this recipe with a natural, uncured ham so it doesn’t have added sodium nitrite, a potentially cancer-causing preservative. You’ll fill the ham cups with a pureed mixture of eggs, white cheddar cheese, fresh basil and a pinch of salt. The eggs will have a hint of Dr. Seuss-inspired green to please your inner child.

Ingredients

•1 second Cooking Spray Organic All Natural Olive Oil
• 12 slices Uncured Black Forest Ham
• 6 Free Range Large Eggs
• 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese, Sharp Cheddar, White
• 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
• 22 Fresh Basil Leaves, divided

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Spritz the 12 cups of a stick-resistant muffin tray with cooking spray.
3. Press a ham slice into each muffin cup to form a bowl, noting it will be larger than the cups. (Note: If your ham slices are large, trim to 5-inch diameter for best results. Use ham slices of standard thickness; if thin, they can tear and egg mixture can leak out of the ham cups)
4. In a blender, add eggs, cheese, pinch of sea salt, and 10 of the basil leaves; cover and puree on high speed until egg mixture is an even color and frothy, about 1 minute. (Note: Mixture will have just a hint of green. It’s OK if small flecks of fresh basil remain.) Pour into the ham cups.
5. Bake until egg mixture just begins to brown and ham edges are crisped, about 15 minutes.
6. Garnish with remaining basil and serve while warm.

Notes:
An alternative way to prepare this dish is to simply add the cheese and basil into the ham cup; crack one whole egg into each; bake!

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 3 egg cups

Amount per Serving

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 3 egg cups

Amount per Serving

Calories 250….Calories from Fat 135.0

% Daily Value *

Total Fat 15g
22%
Saturated Fat 5.5g
27%
Cholesterol 345mg
114%
Sodium 770.16mg
32%
Total Carbohydrate 8g
4%
Dietary Fiber 3.75g
15%
Sugars 4.5g

Protein 26g
17%
Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat
19%
Carbs
12%
Protein
41%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:37 PM   #193
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Wanted to share an article with you all about salt. Maybe you all know all about salt, but what I learned was some people are salt sensitive - and I'm one of those. I never understood why salt affects my blood pressure (up) and as I've gotten older, I retain water so much, yet salt may not affect others in the same way.

Anywhooo... if interested you can do a Search "10 Myths About Salt Debunked". I can't mention where as LCF probably considers them competition.

G8trzz...Thanks for letting me know what a Blackened Groupie is. My heavens, my age and didn't even know about those.

Tina Marie and wiz...Gosh, hoping you both are doing better!!!! I feel bad for you both!

wiz...Don't know if you already know, but if not then check out the benefits of drinking lemon water in the morning. I don't recall reading that it helps arthritis, but it makes sense to me since it's a great anti-oxidant Anti-oxidants are suppose to help inflammation.

I don't agree with Dr. Agatston regarding supplements, but no one can separate me from my vities! Just thought I'd throw that in. I take my vities and drink my morning lemon water. Actually I hadn't been drinking lemon water for quite awhile, but you folks have me eating so healthy and I have all these lemons so I'm back.

All take care and hang in there!

Old 10-14-2016, 10:53 PM   #194
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

I take vitamins too. As healthy as we try to eat, I am not sure food hold the same nutrition level they used to. Also, there is bound to be some vitamins and minerals we miss.

I don't drink hot lemon water, but I put sliced lemons and cucumbers in my water every morning and drink it throughout the day. I even bought a mint plant to put fresh mint leaves in it.

No chest or stomach pain today. Guess the doc was right.

Have a good weekend.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:23 AM   #195
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I take vitamins too. As healthy as we try to eat, I am not sure food hold the same nutrition level they used to. Also, there is bound to be some vitamins and minerals we miss.

I don't drink hot lemon water, but I put sliced lemons and cucumbers in my water every morning and drink it throughout the day. I even bought a mint plant to put fresh mint leaves in it.

No chest or stomach pain today. Guess the doc was right.

Have a good weekend.
I agree with you about not being sure regarding the lack of nutrition in today's foods. I guess from your comment about adding lemon and cucumbers to your water that it doesn't help with your arthritis. Since I have so many lemons, I think I'll add some juice to my water in addition to my morning routine. Good idea.

G8trzz...You comment about you losing weight slowly. Well, I got you beat.

Oct. 1: 144 lbs. - Oct. 14th. 140.4 (weighed today) = - 3.6 lb. loss

Gee, and that lady who posted once complaining about losing only 3 lbs in 9 days never came back.

I'm not discouraged because even if I lose just 1 pound a week, it beats gaining a pound a week. i sure wasn't losing in my effort before SBD. Either my bod is fighting to not improve or my exercise is keeping the weight up. I feel better eating healthier so that's a positive.

wiz...Been four days since you've posted, I hope your arthritis pains has subsided. 17 miles on your exercise bike is sure pushing it though. Be careful! I've never tasted Fennel bulb aka Anise. Sounds good though.

Have a great week-end folks and stay focused and stay safe.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:36 AM   #196
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Forgot to ask! What kind of bread do you all recommend?

Dr. Agatston's latest book says one can have multi-grain bread on Phase 2. I've only bought multi-grain once and it was ick so asking here for suggestions.

I'm staying on Phase 1 longer, but am dying for a sandwich.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:08 PM   #197
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

I get Dave's Killer Bread. There are a couple different selections. My favorite is "Seeds" with the red label. Costco has a bread that is good and heavy and full of whole grains. I really like it but I don't shop at Costco.

I like the flavor the cucumber and lemons give the water. I seem to drink more of it when it doesn't taste so much like water...
Old 10-16-2016, 09:41 PM   #198
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Lets just say yesterday was a wash as far as eating goes. I did pretty well until someone brought me some biscuits and gravy with some scrambled eggs and bacon. It was only one biscuit with gravy and I caved. Then later in the evening, my stomach was bothering me and I went to make me some sugar free pudding and realized that I grabbed the wrong box. I was feeling so rotten, I went ahead and made it up and ate it. I thought I would start fresh today. A clean slate. Well, that didn't work out so well. Although, I have eaten good healthy meals, I had my daughter pick me up a latte not thinking to specify sugar free and she didn't think about it either... I thought it tasted unusually good for a change and when I was almost done with it, it dawned on me why it tasted so good. So... clean slate (again) tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:25 PM   #199
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Lets just say yesterday was a wash as far as eating goes. I did pretty well until someone brought me some biscuits and gravy with some scrambled eggs and bacon. It was only one biscuit with gravy and I caved. Then later in the evening, my stomach was bothering me and I went to make me some sugar free pudding and realized that I grabbed the wrong box. I was feeling so rotten, I went ahead and made it up and ate it. I thought I would start fresh today. A clean slate. Well, that didn't work out so well. Although, I have eaten good healthy meals, I had my daughter pick me up a latte not thinking to specify sugar free and she didn't think about it either... I thought it tasted unusually good for a change and when I was almost done with it, it dawned on me why it tasted so good. So... clean slate (again) tomorrow.
Tina-Marie...Today is your tomorrow so here's hoping you stay on plan. IMHO, it doesn't hurt to go off plan every once in awhile anyway as long as you get back on the path.

I'm leaving Thursday to visit famiy in CA and most likely will be eating off plan during those five days. Going to be attending my grandson's baseball tournament for two days so will be eating out a lot. But I'll just have to get into shape after I get back. I'm luckier than most of you since I don't work and don't have anyone else living with me so it's easier I think. You all have a more challenging path yet do an outstanding job.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:05 PM   #200
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I get Dave's Killer Bread. There are a couple different selections. My favorite is "Seeds" with the red label. Costco has a bread that is good and heavy and full of whole grains. I really like it but I don't shop at Costco.

I like the flavor the cucumber and lemons give the water. I seem to drink more of it when it doesn't taste so much like water...
Went to the grocery store a bit earlier and lo and behold, I found Daves Bread. Thin Sliced Organic 21 Whole Grains and Seeds. I did MY ultimate test - made a piece of toast. It passed.

Thank you for your help!

Old 10-19-2016, 09:58 PM   #201
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

I am glad you like it. My favorite piece to make toast out of is the end piece. It usually equals about two servings of grains but it has all the seeds and tastes so good.

I hope you have a nice visit with your family. It has gotten cold here and the warm CA weather sounds so good.

I did weigh Monday and I was up a whole 1/2 lbs. Big whoopie. I am not worried about it. Like you said, it is ok to enjoy a splurge once in a while. I just don't like to let it happen often.

I am have noticed that I am enjoying getting up and walking around a bit more often as it doesn't hurt as much. This is a good thing.

I hope everyone in our little groups is doing well.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:45 PM   #202
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Rain rain rain. I feel like I am in Seattle. The one good thing about this cooler weather is that it opens up new food prospects. Roasted veggies, baked chicken etc. I made a meatloaf for dinner and some cheesy broccoli soup. I am look forward to trying some new recipes.

Toodles
Old 10-21-2016, 08:53 PM   #203
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Rain rain rain. I feel like I am in Seattle. The one good thing about this cooler weather is that it opens up new food prospects. Roasted veggies, baked chicken etc. I made a meatloaf for dinner and some cheesy broccoli soup. I am look forward to trying some new recipes.

Toodles
Hey everybody. In Oakland at my daughter's. Beautiful weather here, 77s. Weather was so gross when I left home - horrible hard rain and fog.

Tina-Marie, before I left home I was going to make broccoli soup and had looked on the internet how to make the cheesy recipe, but didn't get it done. The broccoli will be kind of ripe by the time I get home. Your dinner sounds delicious!

Can't really say anything about meals I've prepared because I'm not doing the preparing. Have to say daughter and son-in-law into organic food and grain breads so that's good. Eating more on plan than expected. A LOT more active so wonder if I'll lose some weight.

Family watching football so thought I'd come on and say Hi.

Here's hoping others are still with us and will start posting.

Take care!

Old 10-22-2016, 10:03 AM   #204
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Sharon, I am glad you are enjoying time with your family in that nice warm weather. It is good that they eat healthy... you might well come home with a loss. That would be fantastic to take a vacation and still lose weight. That almost never happens.

Yesterday, after I got to work, I set aside the pink dune buggy and didn't use it again till I left for home. When I walked to the ladies room and didn't have to deal with getting it through the doors was surreal. It felt so good to just walk around. I did have some pretty achy knees when I got home and didn't do much walking around after that. But it felt good. baby steps. Maybe soon, I can toss it to the curb and just use a cane.

Everyone is in my thoughts and I hope having a great weekend.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:54 AM   #205
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all!!

I had a really bad setback last week in my Arthritis battle . Absolutely debilitating. I had been doing very well, took a day off from any exercise last Wednesday and accidently twisted my bad knee. Well, that set off an incredibly painful flare-up that literally kept me in bed.

But I am back in action! 30 minutes on my exercise bike yesterday and a short, but brisk walk on the boardwalk this morning. I am a little gimpy, but almost back where I was a week ago.

On the eating side, things have been good! Although I felt badly for myself on Saturday when a gang of our friends did a biking adventure in New Hope, PA and I couldn't go...so I had way more wine than I needed

I made home-made crab cakes over the weekend - low carb and gluten free! The cans of claw meat were on sale and they make a decent cake (not as good as lump, but the can was less than half the price of lump!)

I also made my pulled pork in the crockpot - very South Beach friendly! Love it with my home made low carb (i.e. sugar free) coleslaw. It makes a lot, so good for leftovers or freezing.

Sharon, enjoy your family time!!

Tina-Marie, glad you are making progress!! As I have found out, being hampered physically is so depressing...
Old 10-28-2016, 07:44 PM   #206
lck8119
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lck8119
Stats: 169/169/140
Start Date: April 28, 2008
Hi guys. I haven't been here in several years (6 or 7 maybe). Wiz- I can't believe you're still around. You may not remember me. I think I dropped off around the time you joined. I don't recognize anyone else. Anyway, my story is I lost about 30 lbs on SBD, had a baby, and got comfortable. I have gained about 20 of those pounds back and just don't feel as good as I did when I was watching my diet. So I plan to start back tomorrow. I am excited because I've had a lot of success with SBD, and I know it works for me.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:21 PM   #207
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back Ick. Congrats on the new baby. SB worked for me before too.

Wiz: Sorry to hear about your knee. I can relate. It good you are back on the bike though.

My extra walking at work has caused more pain in the knees so I have had to go back to taking and extra dose of IBProfin in the afternoon. I was just taking it in the morning and it seemed to be me through the day. I am not stopping the extra walking though.

I have been getting out hunting with my son too. I don't do a ton of walking and hang out by the truck if he walks around in the woods. But getting in and out if his truck is like a full workout for me by the end of the day with my short legs and his high truck.

Sharon: I hope all is well with you. Haven't heard from you in a while.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:41 PM   #208
lck8119
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lck8119
Stats: 169/169/140
Start Date: April 28, 2008
I havent followed the plan in so long that I had forgotten some things that couldn't be eaten in phase 1 and messed up on my first 2 days. I had an apple and BP both days as a snack. I really want to eat clean my first 2 weeks, so I've read up and refreshed my memory. I think I'll stick to safe things like eggs for breakfast, salads, etc until I get the hang of things again.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:30 AM   #209
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back lck!!! Congrats on the baby. Yes, I have been intermittently posting here since January 2008. Where did that time go? Like you, I lost a lot of weight back then, and have put about 2/3rds of it back on. Getting too comfortable is a good way of describing how the weight just seems to sneak back on....

Tina-Marie, good work on the extra walking! I was moderately active this weekend and am feeling great.

So I don't know about you guys, but I have this giant basket of candy ready to hand out tonight. I really hope we get as many kids as usual, because I don't need sweets lurking around my house! The only good thing is I have sworn off sugar due to the arthritis, so I don't think I will be tempted.

Although I am promising myself a slice of the gluten-free pumpkin cheesecake I am making for Thanksgiving, so no sugar until then!

Happy Halloween!!
Old 11-02-2016, 11:15 AM   #210
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Oh boy...finally got on the scale today after a long absence. Not good! Basically I am back to square one from the beginning of the year. Giving up running due to arthritis has really hurt my weight loss efforts, and in fact, I gained back the 7 lbs I lost this year.

But at least I know where I stand - and what I have to do!!

By the way, I made a delicious chili last night with low fat, gluten free chicken sausage, white beans and butternut squash. If anyone wants the recipe, let me know and I will post it.