Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-26-2016, 03:44 PM   #121
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Tina-Marie
Stats: -80 lbs so far
WOE: SB mostly
Start Date: March 9, 2016
Wiz: Way to go on the loss. You can definitely make it to your goal. Weekends are the worst for staying on plan. It is so easy get swayed to the "bad" side.

G8trzz: I had to stop weighing everyday too. It was do discouraging for me. I started the first of March and this is my first stall. I get what you mean about it being it causing bad decisions. You will do fine, we are here for ya.

I stayed up to ate last night watching TV. I know better. Today dragged and I was so grumpy. I will have to go bed early. The wedding is in the evening so I have time to rest up and prepare for the festivities. Since these things are all about bad food choices, I am going to take some veggies and stuff to keep me from nibbling on cake and whatnot.
Tina-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2016, 06:34 PM   #122
G8trzz
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: G8trzz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: August 15, 2016
Good for you Tina to bring veggies to snack on! We had to make a trip up to West Virginia to take my daughters Italian Greyhound to a vet that specializes in them. He broke his leg in two places so he will be there for two weeks. I really tried to think this out for my hubby and I as traveling means snack time for us!! Yesterday was great no problems. Today I did well... Greek yogurt for breakfast and grilled chicken sandwich for lunch from Chickfila. Tonight we went to Sweet Tomatoes and I had a large salad and cup of chili. I did cave a bit and had a bite of a muffin and a gluten free mini muffin which I ate by myself. I didn't overeat but it wasn't South Beach with the sandwich and muffin. I don't know what the scales will be like on Monday but I am hoping I will still see a lost since I didn't eat too much!!! Hope you did well at the wedding Tina!!
G8trzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:22 PM   #123
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Th wedding was beautiful. An outside country wedding. They had so much to eat that I didn't need to worry. I stayed on plan and didn't even taste the cake. To top it off the scaled bestowed upon me a loss of 1.5 lbs. I went out for breakfast and had a steak, eggs, fresh fruit and a piece of ww toast. I was so full, I didn't want to eat until dinner. My knee really hurt today from all the walking at the wedding. So I have been taking it easy today.

We are supposed to have cooler weather coming up. I am happy about that.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:51 AM   #124
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
I had a really good weekend, only up 2/10ths of a lb. (Practically a rounding error ) But beside a glass of wine (or two) and 2 French fries off my husband's plate one night...I stayed OP.

Off to the Orthpedic Dr for my knee today. Wish me luck in my diagnosis.

TM, Sounds like the wedding was wonderful! And awesome news on the loss, sometimes you just have to wait out the stall.

G8, good planning on the driving trip! It's so easy to get bored and go off plan when not in your normal regimen. That's why all my business travel has been a real detriment to my weight over the years.

It's a new week - let's own it!!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:12 AM   #125
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

FYI. Weekend ounces gone, plus a couple more. Low weigh-in so far!

I get my knee diagnosis on Wednesday...had the x-ray and then MRI yesterday. X-ray did show onset of Arthritis but I doubt (and so does the Dr) that is causing all this trouble.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:26 PM   #126
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Wiz :I hope you get good new on your diagnosis. Maybe your tore a meniscus. Knee pain is right up there with tooth ache when you are an active person. Congrats on your weigh in.

I did pretty good over the weekend. It is taco tuesday... my weekly guilty pleasure since I shouldn't have the corn tortillas. I am trying to talk myself out of it today. wish me luck. I usually get the tacos and then a steak, bean and cheese burrito for lunch the next day. I don't eat the flour tortilla. I just eat the burrito's innerds.

I hope you are having a good week G8trzz
Old 09-01-2016, 04:20 AM   #127
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Well, of all things I expected, it wasn't this. I have significant arthritis. Yes, it is good that I don't need surgery - but arthritis is forever. Ugh.

It's good that I started my latest weight-loss regimen, because it is on the top of the list of things to do to naturally control arthritis. Now I really need to stay OP and get this done!

I am already doing some research on "trigger" foods and interestingly most of them are also excluded or limited on the SBD.

But I will say it was absolutely devastating to hear my Dr say - no more running, ever.

Sigh...it's tough getting old.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:34 PM   #128
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

I am sorry to hear that Wiz. I know you love to run. It is good you are already on a plan that will help. A friend of mine is trying an anti-inflammatory diet and she says it is helping.

Getting old is tough.

Hey G8trzz... hope all is well with you and your first week of school.

BH: hope you are hanging in there too. Keep us posted.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:38 AM   #129
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

On a happy note - I lost another lb this week! Down 6 lbs, 4 more lbs to reach my first mini-goal.

TGIF!! It's a long weekend - let's all do our best to stick OP!!
Old 09-04-2016, 09:54 PM   #130
G8trzz
Junior LCF Member

Hi ladies!! I have been so busy I didn't even realize it has been a week since I posted! I am doing well I lost 3 more pounds last week making a total of ten!!! Super excited and still very into this new way of life!! We had a everybody bring a dish for lunch Friday and it didn't even phase me! I brought my lunch ... Grilled chicken salad so I really didn't feel deprived! Weigh in tomorrow and I feel like I've lost some but we will see. My husband has lost 16 and is really doing well not to mention he has been a ton of support. It makes it so much easier .
Wiz... Sorry about the arthritis.... It stinks getting older but I certainly don't want the alternative to it!! Way to go though for losing 6 pounds!!!
Tina.... So glad you are continuing to do well! Taco Tuesday sounds so good right now... Lol!
Hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day weekend! I am so thankful to have the extra day off!!
Old 09-06-2016, 05:00 PM   #131
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Great job on the losses ladies! That is exciting news. I didn't weigh this weekend because I was camping. I didn't go off plan meaning I didn't eat anything I wasn't supposed to. I didn't eat enough veggies and I didn't drink enough water. The bathrooms were down a steep hill and were hard for me to get too. I will focus on drinking lots of water this week and weigh in on Sunday.

My knees are really hurting from all the walking. I know the extra exercise is good but I sure pay for it later. Oh well, I had a real good time and it was worth it.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:51 PM   #132
G8trzz
Junior LCF Member

So glad you enjoyed your camping trip!! I think if I lived out West I would love to go camping, but down here in the South it is so hot and humid, I wouldn't dream of it! I did weigh in yesterday and dropped a pound but I am totally fine with it. That puts me at 11 pounds. I am changing my weigh in day to Fridays so I don't know if the scale will move much for me this week. We decided to weigh in on Fridays rather than Mondays. If we want to go out to eat over the weekend I don't have to dread the scales on Monday!! We are going over to Jacksonville this weekend to see my 2 grandsons. The youngest is being blessed at Church so there will be a large gathering with lots of food. I already have mapped out my plan for what I am going to eat. I think that helps me a lot if I know what the food situation is I can mentally prepare. I made a Mongolian beef recipe Saturday night that was so delicious!! My friend told me about it and now its one of our favorite meals. I bought the SunBird brand seasoning packet at Walmart in the Asian section. It's a yellow package and says Mongolian Beef. I made the marinade like the package said. I browned boneless sirloin that I cut into thin strips and once they were barely browned I took them out of the pan. Instead of using green onions, I bought a red, yellow and green pepper and sliced it up. I added a vidalia
onion and some thinly sliced carrots and cooked for a few minutes. I then added the meat back to the mix and poured in the marinade. Stirred it around for a minute or so and served it with brown rice. Best recipe ever!!!
Old 09-08-2016, 06:50 PM   #133
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

That does sound good. If I wasn't so full from dinner, it would of made me hungry. Way to go on the loss! 11 lbs total is fantastic. I change up my weigh in day. If I way on Friday (in the summer) it reflects a lot of water retention from sitting at a desk all day at work. I started weighing on Sunday or Monday to give me time to get rid of some of the water weight. Now, I forget to weigh now and then, so it is usually on the weekend every week or so.

This week has gone by fast since I didn't work on Monday. I have been hobbling around all week because my knees are so sore from the weekend and the weather change. This weekend is the beginning of football season and I am thrilled.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:08 PM   #134
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

This weekend had been a recuperation week. My knees are still mad at me for the camping trip and I am still feeling like I need a long winters nap.

Foodwise I am doing fine. I need to make sure I get more water in. I have really been slacking. My veggie intake needs to be upped too. I did find some tortillas made out of hummus. I made a cheese quesadilla out of them and they were so good. I found them by chance. I hope I can find them again.

I am going to try to remember to weigh this Sunday. I am hoping to see a maintenance number. Of course I would be happy with a loss too.

Time for chores.. I hope everyone's week went well.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:55 AM   #135
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all! I can't believe this week flew by without me checking in.

Long story short is that a long weekend and a short work week = no loss this week. I gained a couple lbs back over a very fun Labor Day weekend and it took me all week to get it back off. The good news is by Friday morning I was back on track and woke up today again at the same weight (even after a glass of happy hour Chardonnay )

On the plus side, I have been biking with little pain in my knee and even took a short walk on the boardwalk. I finally feel like this arthritis flare-up is settling down!

I have another crazy week: Sunday is the Philadelphia Eagles home opener, Monday night we have a fundraiser, Tuesday I fly to Vegas for work, Thursday I fly home (and go directly to get my hair done!), Friday we are going to a family party and Saturday we are going to a wedding. Whew!!

Enjoy the weekend!
Old 09-10-2016, 03:41 PM   #136
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

It does sound like you are having a busy week. I am glad your knee is calming down. It can surely cause inconvenience when the knees hurt.

I have set some goals for the next couple weeks. I posted it in my journal but I am going to post it here too.

Starting Monday, this is my challenge to myself for the next two weeks.
1. Exercise daily.
2. Drink at least 64 oz of water daily.
3. No slacking on the veggies.
4. Absolutely NO tacos (only home made taco salad)
5. Decrease the amount of sodium intake
6. Limit grains.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:09 PM   #137
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

T-M, those sound like reasonable goals!

My weekend was up and down. Pretty good until Sunday and then all that tailgate food was in front of me. Yikes! Let's just say I wasn't eating my best. I am back at it today

I didn't weigh in today, I had a conference call at 6 AM and just plain forgot. I may not weigh in until Friday morning when I am back from my business trip.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:53 PM   #138
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

I giggled when you mentioned the tailgate food doing you in. I can appreciate the difficulty staying away from it. Football and junk food... hand in hand.

Today was a success. I met my daily goals. I am on my last bottle of water. I stayed true to my food plan. I pulled up an old exercise show from PBS called Sit and be Fit. It is exercises sitting down which is great for me right now. I did 30 min of those. I used a bungee cord for added resistance. I wrapped it around the back of my kitchen chair and did a reverse sit up... my stomach muscles are going to be sore in the morning.

Of course I forgot to weigh this morning. I will to remember tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:41 PM   #139
G8trzz
Junior LCF Member

I already had a long post and I accidentally deleted it!! I weighed in on Friday and did not lose any but I really didn't think I would since weighing in only a few days earlier. I am happy with the 11 pounds. I weigh in this Friday and don't think I will lose any as we were in Jacksonville over the weekend and was constantly surrounded by food! I had made the decision earlier that I was not going to pig out but I would allow myself some things I normally wouldn't eat. Overall did fairly well but I am thinking there will be no loss on Friday. We have to drive up to West Va to pick up our dog from his surgery. Can't believe it's been three weeks. He is probably wondering what happened to us!! I'm already planning out the meals so we stay on plan. Tina hope your knees feel better and u have good results on the scales! Wiz it's amazing u do as well as you do with your busy schedule! Glad you were able to ride your bike some!
Old 09-17-2016, 09:07 AM   #140
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Weekend outings make it hard to stay true to your new WOE. It sounds like you did well though. Maintaining is good.

I weighed in this morning and I have lost 2.5 lbs since the end of August. totally -53.5 lbs overall. My knees are feeling much better. Thanks.

This weekend, I am taking it easy. I leave early Monday morning for Boise which is an 8 hr drive. We will attend a funeral in the afternoon and leave for home early Tuesday morning. I am hoping to stay on plan. I usually pack up fresh veggies and some grilled chicken to have on hand. I am doing well with my challenge. Everyday, I get some sort of extra exercise in.

It is nice having the next two days to relax. I hope your weekend goes well too.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:34 PM   #141
Cannon
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cannon
Stats: 185
Start Date: September 2016
Newbie here

Hey there! I am just starting the South Beach diet. My liver enzymes quadrupled this year so my dr put me on this diet. I really want to stick to it and I thought joining in a group like this would help keep me more accountable. I appreciate any suggestions.
Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:06 PM   #142
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome to the beach Cannon. I love the South Beach diet because it really teaches you healthy eating. I recommend reading the book to understand how the body works with different foods. I was amazed at how fast potatoes turn to sugar. The other recommendation is planning ahead. I like to keep string cheese, nuts, grab and go veggie bags that you can throw in your bag in case you need something while you are out and about. You never know when plans will change and you don't want to let yourself get overly hungry between meals.

I wish you the best. We are here for support during the up and down times.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:08 PM   #143
Cannon
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cannon
Stats: 185
Start Date: September 2016
Thank you!

Thank you Tina-Marie! I will order the book then! Right now all I have is a list of foods for phases 1 & 2 that the dr. gave me. I'm not a big bread eater, the thing that is going to be the hardest for me is fruit! I love it and eat tons of it! The other tough one is going to be my coffee (with cream and sugar or sweetened creamers).
Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:40 PM   #144
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Cannon,

After the first two weeks it is ok to eat fruit. Start off slow and work your way up to having some fruit everyday if it doesn't interfere will your weight loss. The thing is to eat fresh fruit. Of course, some have more sugar content then others so be selective. The important part is to eat it with protein. The protein will slow down your body processing the sugar.

For a snack, I will have apples with cheese or peanut butter. I actually like dipping the apple slices in peanut butter. Or have it with a meal.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:51 PM   #145
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Right now, I am sitting in a comfy motel. My daughter had a funeral to go to and I came with her so she didn't have to make the long drive alone. Once we finally got here, it was nice and relaxing and I have enjoyed my solitude. We head back in the morning.

I packed all my food for the trip so there was no fast food stops or temptations. I made a meatloaf, sliced up some zucchini sticks, brought radishes, some baked chicken and some grapes. Oh and a couple pepperoni sticks. The only thing is that I have been wanting a fresh baked maple bar today.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:55 PM   #146
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I have made it home without any damage to my WOE and my personal challenge. I didn't drink enough water today because I didn't want to have a lot of bathroom breaks. I am trying to get plenty in before bed. I am into week two of my challenge and it has been pretty easy staying focused. When I want something I shouldn't have, I just remind my self of my two week goal and tell myself no.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #147
G8trzz
Junior LCF Member

HI Cannon! Welcome to our group!!! I am also on the SouthBeach but I started on phase three. I've been on it 5 weeks and have lost 12 pounds. I love fruit too and honestly feel that grabbing a handful of grapes is better than a doughnut so I eat them. I love this new way of eating and even though I went off a little the weekend before last I still lost weight!! When I first started I was a little lost in the grocery store, but now it's easy to shop.
Tina congrats on your weight loss... You are amazing to have lost 53 and a half pounds.... Congratulations!!! Glad to got to have a mini escape even if it was only overnight!!
Old 09-21-2016, 06:08 AM   #148
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Cannon!! As mentioned, you definitely want to read the book. Maybe take it out from the library to start...

I feel like a whirlwind

As mentioned, I had my tailgate on Sunday, Monday I was at a fundraiser, Tuesday I flew to Vegas for business, Friday I was home and had a party to attend, Saturday we were at a wedding in Asbury Park (which was stunning), and Sunday was a day of rest (thank goodness!!) Whew!!

In any case, I am thrilled to be home this week and am eating OP. I have been trying to get exercise in every day - although still very moderate in nature due to the arthritis.

T-M: your total weight loss is amazing!! You have to be so thrilled with yourself.

G8: I didn't realize you started on Phase 3 and have still lost 12 lbs. That's great.

OK, time to get my work day cranking!!
Old 09-21-2016, 07:17 PM   #149
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

I am thrilled with the loss so far. I had a bit of a NSV yesterday. When my daughter bought her car, I had a hard time driving it because it was a snug fit behind the wheel. I ended up driving home and I fit comfortably behind the wheel. I actually really enjoyed driving her little car. I felt like I was in a NASCAR race cruising around those corners. It is so nice to see those NSV when they happen. I get more excited about that then the numbers on the scale.

Wiz - What a week for you. Are you always busy like that or is it just the time of year?

G8 - you are doing so well. Good for you.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:00 PM   #150
G8trzz
Junior LCF Member

I initially started this diet first and foremost because heart disease runs rampant in our family. I also needed to drop 50 pounds. My brother was the one who actually told me about the Southbeach diet. His cardiologist told him to do the Southbeach Diet and not to worry about doing phase one or two. He lost thirty pounds and looks amazing. I know this is the road I have to take to reverse heart disease but fortunately I really like this. I honestly feel confident that I can live my life eating this way and be okay.
Tina you should feel so proud to be able to fit comfortably behind the wheel of your daughters car now!!!! That is awesome!!!
Wiz... I was wondering how you keep up as well!! I'm a pretty energetic person but I don't know if I could keep up with you!! Glad u had some fun things among the working part!!