Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-07-2017, 03:33 PM   #301
gungadinn1997
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gungadinn1997
WOE: atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Hey wiz! Keep up the great work! Fingers crossed for a whoosh!!

Start weight on 4/1: 262.2
gungadinn1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2017, 04:41 PM   #302
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
Hoping your official weigh in day has that whoosh too wiz

phase 1.5 and I'm down a pound back towards maintaining my goal.

I made this delicious summer squash low carb casserole tonight that I found online. Used my veggies from the garden. It has onion, garlic, mayo, egg and cheese...soooo good! Had it with half a steak on the grill and thick slices of garden tomato.

I havent been good about the exercise. Would love to get back into yoga...
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:03 AM   #303
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
TGIF!!!

Why do these short work weeks always seem so long??

No whoosh, but down a lb since last week. Not bad considering I had a 4 day weekend. I lost the lb I gained over Labor Day and another lb. I guess I will take it!

Your dinner sounds great, Buckhuntress.

No plans this weekend, which is a rare thing for us. Looking forward to hitting a big antique flea market in a neighboring town on Saturday and watching my beloved Philadelphia Eagles play on Sunday - and maybe some beach time too.

I hope you guys have a great weekend!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 04:38 AM   #304
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

I don't usually post on Saturdays...but the scale was kind to me this morning. Another 6/10ths of a lb off!!
Old 09-10-2017, 04:18 AM   #305
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

And would you believe yet another 6/10ths of a pound was gone this morning?

So the whoooosh I hoped for on Friday has come in increments all weekend long. I think it is directly attributable to how much more active I am when not stuck at my desk working! I walk, bike, garden, etc.

I am now down 10 lbs and broke into a new "decade" on the scale. Only a zillion to go
Old 09-10-2017, 04:46 AM   #306
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

Congrats on your loss wiz and moving into a new decade...lol I like that.

Sitting here sipping coffee and trying to meal plan for the week. I'm no good without a plan. Still lots of tomatoes, cukes, squash, and kale left from the garden. I need some new recipes!

Weighed this AM and I'm just 0.6lbs from my goal. I've maintained most of the summer but I do think about every little thing I eat.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:00 PM   #307
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

That's awesome Buckhuntress!! so darn close to goal.

FYI. We attended an annual fundraiser on Monday night, and the food being served was not SBD friendly...I had an uptick on the scale Tuesday morning. But I am still on track. One bad meal is not going to derail me!!
Old 09-14-2017, 06:27 AM   #308
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Back to my low weight on the scale, thank goodness!

Now I am going for a loss for my Friday weigh-in. Pushed extra hard exercising this morning and have a very OP menu for today...we'll see!
Old 09-15-2017, 06:05 AM   #309
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Friday weigh-in...down 1 lb from last Friday. Not my best week, but given the uphill climb I had losing the gain from the fundraiser - I will take it.

Our town has a big event on Saturday - Festival of the Sea. Lots of craft vendors and food trucks. It's actually an easy day to stay OP because there are things like Shrimp skewers, Ceviche, etc. Although I have no doubt Mr Wiz will have his beloved Fish and Chips. The thought of all that fried food makes me cringe.

TGIF!!!
Old 09-16-2017, 03:16 AM   #310
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

Too much work and not enough meal planning, I feel so bloated! Last night I had hummus with pita bread for supper and the scale did not like that this morning.
Heading in for a double shift today, hoping to have some time for food prep tomorrow after work. So hard when there aren't enough hours in the day.
Fall/winter always seems to be a time of year the weight likes to find its way back....need to do some searches to find some good comfort meals that are OP
Old 09-16-2017, 04:36 AM   #311
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

I hear you, we stopped by a place for a light dinner (snacks off the $5 happy hour menu!) They had these great chicken tacos loaded with veggies (I just eat the guts of them, no tortillas).

But no! They took them off the menu and added a fried cod version So I ended up eating grilled chicken wings - no sauce. I tried to take as much of the skin off as I could.

Scale was okay this morning, but I know that wings are not OP (even though I love them!)
Old 09-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #312
thatphdguy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thatphdguy
Start Date: 9/18/17
Starting SBD tomorrow...I am trying to stay in phase 1 for a while
Third Weight Goal = 220 Pounds
thatphdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:04 AM   #313
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

Strong cravings for junk food lately, dont know what it is.

Pulled some hamburger and marinated chicken out of the freezer for the next few days. Got a large salad made up. Thinking some chili and chicken salads to get me back on track
Old 09-18-2017, 09:51 AM   #314
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatphdguy View Post
Starting SBD tomorrow...I am trying to stay in phase 1 for a while
!!! I know the book tells you to move from Phase 1 in exactly 2 weeks, but I kind of do what a lot of us call Phase 1.5 after the two weeks. I may throw a 1/4 cup of berries into my yogurt, or eat carrots, and definitely some wine (or vodka with club soda) on the weekends. But in general, except for maybe one meal a week (and really it is more like 1 meal every 2 weeks) and the above-mentioned foods, I stick to Phase 1 for a while.

Buckhuntress, good job on the meal prep!!

Gungadin, you still with us??

My weigh-in today was good. Still in my new "decade" on the scale. Slight tick up from the weekend, but I bet it will be gone tomorrow!

Off to San Jose today for work. Depending on how much time I have, I may not check in again until Friday...

Have a great week!!
Old 09-20-2017, 08:30 AM   #315
acream
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: acream
Day 1, Phase 1

Good morning! I have been perusing this thread for a day or two. I really like how everyone is supportive and that everyone is HUMAN. I attempted to do this a few years ago, and was not successful in sticking with it for more than 2 days. I do have an issue with stick-to-it-ivenness. I am going to do it this time. I made my trip to the grocery store this morning, and have labeled most of the food with my name so the kids won't eat it! This time around, my boyfriend will be doing it with me, so maybe that will help this time. I truly am motivated, as I'm not getting any younger! Thanks to everyone who posts updates and support. I'm looking forward to doing this with you!
acream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:52 AM   #316
Kalex
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kalex
Start Date: September, 2017
Glad to see you still have some posters! Starting SBD tomorrow (Friday Weigh In!) I am hoping to lose 60 pounds. Got some great ideas from these posts; Have the 2003 book and several SBD cookbooks. Shopping trip after work today. Wish me luck.
Kalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:58 AM   #317
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

acream and Kalex

Love seeing new posters!!

I should really start a new thread with 2017 in the title, but at this point, I will hold off until January and do a 2018 post!! We seem to have missed the 2017 boat

So....I got back from my business trip to San Jose and was not particularly thrilled with my weigh-in . Lots of time in airports eating crappy food is not conducive to weight loss, believe me.

The good news? I didn't gain weight while gone. The bad news? I am still sitting here with last weekend's 1.4 lb uptick (which is normal for me on a weekend) and another weekend staring me in the face!!

I am doing a strict Phase 1 day today, hoping tomorrow's weigh-in will be better. We've got a wedding (which I ordered Filet Mignon, so that will be OP) and a fundraiser (which will be loaded with food I shouldn't be eating. sigh...) to attend on Saturday and Sunday. It's going to be a tough one.

TGIF!! I hope everyone has a great weekend "On the (South) Beach"