Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-22-2016, 09:14 AM   #241
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VVendy
Did only 30 MIN last night, an hour seems too stressful on my legs and it's making me feel crabby. I don't want to hate this workout so I think I'm going to do it this way and add some short cardio sessions. Tonight I will do the other half of the workout. I'm skipping the neck stretches they don't feel so great.
VVendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2016, 10:27 AM   #242
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/148/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Wow! Using my pull-up bar is very different than using furniture. Although, I had advanced the last few years to not needing anything, when I'm not as strong, it will be nice to use, especially for the straight leg hip and behind exercise. Having something as high as a ballet bar really helps me stretch myself out while I relax into it.

So grateful for Callan.

--------------------------------

Hi VVendy, welcome to the thread!

You're body is going to shift a lot, which means some parts of you might get a bit bigger while others shrink. If your weight changed that much, my guess is water is a part of it too, but there will be a time, as with any exercise where you will gain muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat; it will also help increase your metabolism.

If the neck exercises don't feel good, then I'm suspecting you're pushing yourself too much. The 10/10 version does not go all the way around. If I recall correctly, evo does the neck stretches while sitting with the soles of your feet together, but the neck part is the same. The secret to Callanetics is in being gentle with yourself. The "no pain, no gain" concept, does not apply here.

I see too, you are not able to do the entire thing, and that's okay. Again, it sounds like you're pushing yourself. Maybe try cutting down on the number of pulses and really listen to your body. Remember, 20 Super moves are the equivalent to 100 of the 10/10 or Evo ones, which means, even if you were a pro with 10/10 (you didn't say if you've done 10/10 - oh! but you have Evo), you are probably going to feel like a beginner with Super.

Plus, I know Callan created Super not as a program on it's own, but to provide advanced versions and choices. Personally, I like to integrate them into the 10/10 program. So, you might just want to skip some exercises or rotate them to every other day sort of thing.

Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
All this was done with Callanetics and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:01 AM   #243
Ouida
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ouida
"Jigglebuster;17496077]Wow! Using my pull-up bar is very different than using furniture. Although, I had advanced the last few years to not needing anything, when I'm not as strong, it will be nice to use, especially for the straight leg hip and behind exercise. Having something as high as a ballet bar really helps me stretch myself out while I relax into it."

This was an "aha"! for me. As soon as I read the bolded, I ran to my sink.
My kitchen sink area is the only place higher than my chair. I measured it to be about 5 inches higher than the back of my highest chair. Sure enough, I could feel an even better stretch. I got in position for the hip exercises and it felt different. I felt it deeper.

Thanks, Jigglebuster!!

The challenge is creating enough space between that area and my body so I can keep my leg in front of my body comfortably while I pump my other leg. I may find that it's not workable and will need to go back to my chair.

It's amazing how the exercises become more difficult, yet more effective, the more you learn how to do them better. This is why I am looking for more stretch.

Last edited by Ouida; 07-25-2016 at 07:05 AM..
Ouida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:12 AM   #244
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Hello ladies
Still booking along. Just making sure to do my waist bends, arm behind back, crunches, and leg pulses mostly.
Loving it, as always.

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:06 PM   #245
Ouida
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Hello ladies
Still booking along. Just making sure to do my waist bends, arm behind back, crunches, and leg pulses mostly.
Loving it, as always.
Hey pretty lady! Keep pulsing! I'm trying to book along myself.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:20 PM   #246
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

<3 Ouida

117 pounds total
Old 07-27-2016, 09:47 AM   #247
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
Wow! Using my pull-up bar is very different than using furniture. Although, I had advanced the last few years to not needing anything, when I'm not as strong, it will be nice to use, especially for the straight leg hip and behind exercise. Having something as high as a ballet bar really helps me stretch myself out while I relax into it.

So grateful for Callan.

--------------------------------

Hi VVendy, welcome to the thread!

You're body is going to shift a lot, which means some parts of you might get a bit bigger while others shrink. If your weight changed that much, my guess is water is a part of it too, but there will be a time, as with any exercise where you will gain muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat; it will also help increase your metabolism.

If the neck exercises don't feel good, then I'm suspecting you're pushing yourself too much. The 10/10 version does not go all the way around. If I recall correctly, evo does the neck stretches while sitting with the soles of your feet together, but the neck part is the same. The secret to Callanetics is in being gentle with yourself. The "no pain, no gain" concept, does not apply here.

I see too, you are not able to do the entire thing, and that's okay. Again, it sounds like you're pushing yourself. Maybe try cutting down on the number of pulses and really listen to your body. Remember, 20 Super moves are the equivalent to 100 of the 10/10 or Evo ones, which means, even if you were a pro with 10/10 (you didn't say if you've done 10/10 - oh! but you have Evo), you are probably going to feel like a beginner with Super.

Plus, I know Callan created Super not as a program on it's own, but to provide advanced versions and choices. Personally, I like to integrate them into the 10/10 program. So, you might just want to skip some exercises or rotate them to every other day sort of thing.

Hi thanks for the comments, I've done the 10/10 before but years ago. You know Super is just too much for me right now you are totally right. I did Evo last night and it felt great challenging enough and I got a burst of energy at the end, I was thinking of only doing 30 min of it but I was ok to finish it. I even finished off my workout with a bit of cardio. That's 5 hrs done As for my neck is issues from a car accident from years ago, some days it's ok other days it's a crunchy kind of sound when I move my neck around too much, with Evo I was able to do everything just fine. I think I'm going to stick to this one and maybe do super once in awhile when I'm feeling I can.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:54 AM   #248
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

5 hours done!

I did Evo last night and I felt great, so glad I decided to do it. Luckily there was a version on youtube because I didn't have anywhere to play the dvd last night lol. My measurements are all the same as I started still, the inches I thought I originally lost are found lol. What is strange is my clothes do fit looser in some other areas which happen to be areas I don't measure.

I see another Callanetics workout will be out next month, can't wait to see how that one will be like!

Total weight loss:
start 156- today 151.8
Old 07-27-2016, 10:34 AM   #249
lilmuffintop
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lilmuffintop
Stats: 135 / 135 / 120
WOE: None
Start Date: July 27th 2016
Hi all! Is it possible to join the magic thread?

I did callanetics for a few months last year and my weight dropped from 136 to around 125 and I toned up all over (most noticeably my stomach, waist, arms and behind - my problem areas) but then I had a particularly bad break up, fell off the bandwagon and ate around half of the country's food!

I'm currently having a great summer of festivals and parties but it seems that lots of beer and food comes with that and very little exercising.

I'm aiming to log 15 hours for August with the 10/10 program.

Lovely to meet you all!
lilmuffintop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:24 AM   #250
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Muffin top!
Welcome! 15 hours is an amazing goal.
VVendy - nice to see you on here also. What is this new workout you speak of?

117 pounds total
Old 07-29-2016, 08:20 AM   #251
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Nice to see everyone here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVendy View Post
Hi thanks for the comments, I've done the 10/10 before but years ago. You know Super is just too much for me right now you are totally right. I did Evo last night and it felt great challenging enough and I got a burst of energy at the end, I was thinking of only doing 30 min of it but I was ok to finish it. I even finished off my workout with a bit of cardio. That's 5 hrs done As for my neck is issues from a car accident from years ago, some days it's ok other days it's a crunchy kind of sound when I move my neck around too much, with Evo I was able to do everything just fine. I think I'm going to stick to this one and maybe do super once in awhile when I'm feeling I can.
I thought a lot might be more reminders for you, but I'd thought I'd say it, just the same.

Crunching, if it doesn't hurt, could be the breaking down of a calcium build up from the injury. My knee used to crunch and my neck too, but after carefully doing the exercises, paying close attention to anything adverse, it seems to have gone away, along with the problems I had with them. Listen to your heart and just always be gentle.

Congrats on the 5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmuffintop View Post

I did callanetics for a few months last year and my weight dropped from 136 to around 125 and I toned up all over (most noticeably my stomach, waist, arms and behind - my problem areas) but then I had a particularly bad break up, fell off the bandwagon and ate around half of the country's food!

I'm currently having a great summer of festivals and parties but it seems that lots of beer and food comes with that and very little exercising.

Lovely to meet you all!
Hey lilmuffintop! Welcome!

Don't be too hard on yourself. i think everyone goes through that at some point in their lives. It's hard to do it all all the time.

Keep us updated on how you're doing this coming month!
Old 07-29-2016, 11:03 AM   #252
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmuffintop View Post

Lovely to meet you all!
wow your previous results are awesome, how long did it take and what was your diet like if any?
Old 07-29-2016, 11:11 AM   #253
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

7 hrs done, I did Evo last night and this morning because I wont have any time after work. I had to skip thru some of the stretches or else I would have been late to work. Literally that was two work outs 6 hrs apart lol.

Lost about 6lbs so far!

lost some inches in my belly area, it's really hard for me to measure exactly how much I lost in this area since I have a hiatal hernia and IBS I get bloated so bad, but two days straight it has been flatter. I would say 1 1/2 inches. Everything else is slightly smaller, but yet I do look thinner

Evo gives me so much energy at the end instead of feeling drained, I even threw in a quick Hoe down from T Tapp lol
Old 08-01-2016, 03:37 AM   #254
Ouida
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
7 hrs done, I did Evo last night and this morning because I wont have any time after work. I had to skip thru some of the stretches or else I would have been late to work. Literally that was two work outs 6 hrs apart lol.

Lost about 6lbs so far!

lost some inches in my belly area, it's really hard for me to measure exactly how much I lost in this area since I have a hiatal hernia and IBS I get bloated so bad, but two days straight it has been flatter. I would say 1 1/2 inches. Everything else is slightly smaller, but yet I do look thinner

Evo gives me so much energy at the end instead of feeling drained, I even threw in a quick Hoe down from T Tapp lol

Congrats on losing 6 pounds and completing 7 hours!
Old 08-01-2016, 03:52 AM   #255
Ouida
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Lost about 6lbs so far!

Congrats on losing 6 pounds and completing 7 hours!
Old 08-01-2016, 03:55 AM   #256
Ouida
Senior LCF Member

I tried to use the kitchen sink but it didn't work so well for me. So, I'm back with the trusty chair and continue to use 10/10.

I'm at +10 hours, and just like clockwork, I noticed some changes. 10 hours seems to be a magical point to see change every time. I've stopped and started enough times where as I've seen 10 hours of work more than enough times to recognize it's impact!

My waist is whittling down and finally my tummy is seeming to respond. It is getting flatter. Most of my life I have had a "boxy" looking waist. Callanetics has helped create a longer, sweeping curve there, on either side. I really like it.

My hips have ballooned out a bit. I've read that happens to lots of people when they re-start Callanetics after a long hiatus, or when one first starts to do Callanetics.

I noticed this morning my tummy is somewhat jiggly. Usually, that means some kind of shift is about to happen.

I keep going. It feels good and makes me look good. Happy pulsing!
Old 08-01-2016, 01:41 PM   #257
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

I received compliments this weekend .. I also wore a bathing suit with shorts .. I hate my legs, but just that alone wearing shorts is a big deal for me. I look thinner but I don't seem to see it on the measuring tape yet lol. Looks like my stomach is all being pushed to this funky pouch all to the front right now.. looks like I stuffed a towel in my shirt

I had birthday cake this weekend two party's, three if you count friday retirement party... I skipped that cake and the food but on the weekend with family I had a slice both days, on Sunday I only ate half it was way to sweet and it sparked some bad cravings the rest of the night.. totally wasn't worth it if you ask me. I felt lethargic on sunday from the carbs on Saturday. I'm not on a low carb diet exactly more like a diabetic diet but I'm not one, also low calories for a few weeks, which is ok I'm not starving. Eating veggies, protein and low GI fruits.

Last edited by VVendy; 08-01-2016 at 01:45 PM..
Old 08-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #258
Ouida
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I received compliments this weekend .. I also wore a bathing suit with shorts .. I hate my legs, but just that alone wearing shorts is a big deal for me. I look thinner but I don't seem to see it on the measuring tape yet lol. Looks like my stomach is all being pushed to this funky pouch all to the front right now.. looks like I stuffed a towel in my shirt

I had birthday cake this weekend two party's, three if you count friday retirement party... I skipped that cake and the food but on the weekend with family I had a slice both days, on Sunday I only ate half it was way to sweet and it sparked some bad cravings the rest of the night.. totally wasn't worth it if you ask me. I felt lethargic on sunday from the carbs on Saturday. I'm not on a low carb diet exactly more like a diabetic diet but I'm not one, also low calories for a few weeks, which is ok I'm not starving. Eating veggies, protein and low GI fruits.
@VVendy,
That newly, hard, protruding tummy is a definite sign that things are shifting. Bravo! That 'funky pouch' means things are working. The mirror, the way clothes fit and your eyes are better than measuring tapes and scales, when it comes to Callanetics. Callanetics seems to create pretty legs faster than it creates pretty tummies. Thus, you are in luck! You may begin to fall head over heels in love with your legs pretty soon. That's one of the hallmarks of Callanetics: it creates lovely legs on the practitioner. How exciting!

The tummy will continue to tighten and shift as well. That seems to take the longest on most people. With Callanetics, the body pulls in from the neck/chest down to the stomach and from the thighs up to the stomach. Sometimes, you get what seems like a "pooling" around the stomach and thighs.

The hard part is being patient, trusting the process and pulsing through all the shifts and changes. It's well worth it.
Are you taking photos as you progress and change physically?

Last edited by Ouida; 08-01-2016 at 02:59 PM..
Old 08-01-2016, 03:09 PM   #259
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My legs are looking better than they ever have!

117 pounds total
Old 08-02-2016, 02:02 PM   #260
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouida View Post
@VVendy,
That newly, hard, protruding tummy is a definite sign that things are shifting. Bravo! That 'funky pouch' means things are working. The mirror, the way clothes fit and your eyes are better than measuring tapes and scales, when it comes to Callanetics. Callanetics seems to create pretty legs faster than it creates pretty tummies. Thus, you are in luck! You may begin to fall head over heels in love with your legs pretty soon. That's one of the hallmarks of Callanetics: it creates lovely legs on the practitioner. How exciting!

The tummy will continue to tighten and shift as well. That seems to take the longest on most people. With Callanetics, the body pulls in from the neck/chest down to the stomach and from the thighs up to the stomach. Sometimes, you get what seems like a "pooling" around the stomach and thighs.

The hard part is being patient, trusting the process and pulsing through all the shifts and changes. It's well worth it.
Are you taking photos as you progress and change physically?
I sure hope everything pulls in nicely. My legs is more of a stretch mark problem in my inner thighs and a bit on my calves. I'm just trying to not focus on it. I got some cellulite that seems to look less noticeable so that's a big plus.

I'm not taking pictures because I dropped my cell phone in the water and I can only take front selfie pics my regular camera I hate to use, but even with just selfies I took I could tell my face looks thinner
Old 08-02-2016, 02:09 PM   #261
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

8hrs done!

Ok so the whole pelvic bone thing was confusing to me but last night I all of a sudden felt I could hold a position that felt like a pull from hip bone to hip bone like a slight stretch feeling hard to explain. Anyway I did this at every exercise and it seems to help focus on whatever part I'm working on... could this be it?

I pulled some shades down at work and in order to reach them I was on one leg with the other up like I was pulsing..lmao I didn't even realize I was up on one leg stretched forward over a desk to reach the shades chain...

Also, I'm way more aware of when I slouch .... trying to work on my posture at all times.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:13 PM   #262
Ouida
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yeah! Congrats, Partyof8!
Old 08-03-2016, 11:02 AM   #263
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I hope I get there too!!
Old 08-03-2016, 11:07 AM   #264
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

9 hrs done!!.. today is the FAMOUS, 10!!!!

My leggings fit really nice yesterday but still not much noticeable movement on the measuring tape..

1/2 off of my thighs
1/2 inch off my arms
belly area possibly 1 1/2 inches hard to tell cause of my daily bloat.

We have a camping trip on the 12th hopefully by then I'll be at 19hrs!! then two days off, unless I sneak in some moves in my tent before I step out for breakfast lol
Old 08-04-2016, 10:00 AM   #265
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

10 hrs done... here is what I have noticed so far

my butt seems lifted making my pants tighter in that area and loose under the butt cheek area lol. Calves are looking more toned and cellulite looks like smaller dimples. This morning my arms looked defined again..yay and I can see my ribs peaking ...just peaking. I wish I could get rid of this bloating in my stomach, hopefully once I lose more belly weight symptoms will subside, so far they have calmed down.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:45 AM   #266
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

My body's not working today, so I'm setting my ego aside and doing what I can, either in body or mind. It's a beautiful day to be gentle with me.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:45 AM   #267
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
My body's not working today, so I'm setting my ego aside and doing what I can, either in body or mind. It's a beautiful day to be gentle with me.
Sometimes we just need to. I hope today you feel better.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:59 AM   #268
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

11 hours done!, Holy cow I did 10/10 last night (purchased it on Youtube for 7.99) Had my legs shaking at the end, I kind of missed that... since I feel that EVO is not as intense. Last night I was sweating and on some parts my heart rate went up. I did add in two extra arm moves from Evo and I did the arm stretch with green bean cans lol.. makes a big difference.

7lbs down!
Old 08-07-2016, 01:53 PM   #269
FrenchFrankie
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FrenchFrankie
Hello - is it ok to join your thread? Im moving to France on Tuesday to live and the preparations have had me eating all the wrong things. I'm hoping low carb and lots of Callanetics will have me looking more chic by Christmas. Hoping to do 10 sessions by the end of the month
FrenchFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:13 PM   #270
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

FrenchFrankie I'm sure it will work for you!

Today is my 13th hour!, I missed Friday nights workout we got home around 11pm and I was just to sleepy. I just got done with 10/10, loving those bar stretches, so glad I have a kitchen island lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchFrankie View Post
Hello - is it ok to join your thread? Im moving to France on Tuesday to live and the preparations have had me eating all the wrong things. I'm hoping low carb and lots of Callanetics will have me looking more chic by Christmas. Hoping to do 10 sessions by the end of the month