Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-17-2017, 11:29 AM   #421
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: achangeisoverdue
Thanks SharonRose and Jigglebuster for the pelvis tilt tips. It still feels a little awkward for me but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it!

Callanetics Countdown Beginner Workout(25 mins) Review: I did just the beginner one yesterday and I'm going to do the intermediate today.

Pros: I LOVE the pace of it. It's a lot faster moving so you get a lot done in 25 minutes. I definitely will do this one on days I don't have as much time. It covered all the areas just less reps/ exercises of each type than 10/10. I like that it's full body and contains the waist stretch and underarm tightner.

Cons: I don't know if there was enough explanation for a newbie so I would only get it, if you're familiar with the exercises. Doesn't have a counter and she doesn't tell you how many reps you're doing before you start. This is frustrating but I think I'll have the amounts down after a few more views.

I'm going to do the intermediate one today that's 40 mins so I'll let you know, how that goes.

Happy pulsing everyone
achangeisoverdue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #422
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

I really wish I had taken some before pics. I was honestly feeling too embarrassed at how out of shape I had gotten and didn't want to take photos. I think I'm going to take some today. It will be 10 sessions in but will be nice to see how things progress visually from this point on.

Did you ladies take before pics? I've seen a few references to a before and after pic thread on LCF but when I click on links it says not found or not authorized. Did that thread get erased? I'd love to see some Callanetics before and after pics!
Old 02-17-2017, 05:44 PM   #423
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Colaborer
Stats: 142
WOE: Plant Based Diet
Start Date: Callanetics November 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
Hi,

I meant extend from you hip bone down so it's beneath you and supporting you, rather than pushing out to the side.

You'll have to be more specific. I haven't followed Evo in years. If it's what I think it is, heels down is more of a beginner position. But if you have hip issues with a wider stance, it could aggravate you hip. Listen to your body on this.
Great thanks!
I must have bigger hip issues than most. Just realized the pun. I do have bigger hips than most
Colaborer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:01 AM   #424
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/148/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
I wrote that really quickly.... What I meant to say is the wider stance of the exercise could aggravate those with hip issues, not that you have wider hips!

I did not take before pictures, wish I had.
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
All this was done with Callanetics and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:44 AM   #425
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Callanetics Countdown intermediate review:

This one was much better. It has counters unlike the beginners one and a lot more instruction. It had all the exercises with the same amount of reps as 10/10 except for the two leg exercises on the bar. I really like the flow and pace of it. Some exercises were done in a different order than 10/10, that made sense for the flow. And the hip and behind exercises are done without a chair. I think this one may be a regular for me since I have to fast forward so much of 10/10. This one is 40 mins.

I'm probably going to stick with this one for a few days but then I'll review the advanced one.

My stomach is definitely pooching out a lot more now. Hoping it won't take too long to pull back in.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:00 PM   #426
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
I wrote that really quickly.... What I meant to say is the wider stance of the exercise could aggravate those with hip issues, not that you have wider hips!

I did not take before pictures, wish I had.
Actually, I said it. Not you. You were very polite
Old 02-21-2017, 12:52 AM   #427
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Having bad insomnia this week. I decided to do 10/10 since I can't sleep. If nothing else, I'm feeling much more relaxed now.

How long did you ladies find the puff stage to last? My belly is really puffed out. Looks like I'm pregnant or just stuffed myself silly. It's both the upper and lower abs so it's rounded, which isn't normal for me. I don't feel bloated so I think it must be Callanetics. Hoping it won't last too long but I'm feeling a bit concerned.

In happier news, my legs are looking much nicer. Saddlebags seem to be a little less and legs are looking sleeker and perhaps a bit longer(I've got short legs and a long torso).

Aiming to do Callanetics 4-5 more times this week.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #428
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by achangeisoverdue View Post
Having bad insomnia this week. I decided to do 10/10 since I can't sleep. If nothing else, I'm feeling much more relaxed now.

How long did you ladies find the puff stage to last? My belly is really puffed out. Looks like I'm pregnant or just stuffed myself silly. It's both the upper and lower abs so it's rounded, which isn't normal for me. I don't feel bloated so I think it must be Callanetics. Hoping it won't last too long but I'm feeling a bit concerned.

In happier news, my legs are looking much nicer. Saddlebags seem to be a little less and legs are looking sleeker and perhaps a bit longer(I've got short legs and a long torso).

Aiming to do Callanetics 4-5 more times this week.
My belly seems to go up and down almost daily. From I what I've read you will go through stages of it looking bigger and each time it will get smaller than the last time. Pulling in layer by layer.
Great news about your legs and saddlebags! I do believe callanetics gives the appearance of longer legs.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:27 PM   #429
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colaborer View Post
My belly seems to go up and down almost daily. From I what I've read you will go through stages of it looking bigger and each time it will get smaller than the last time. Pulling in layer by layer.
Great news about your legs and saddlebags! I do believe callanetics gives the appearance of longer legs.
Okay cool, thanks for the tip. I was thinking it might puff out but then once gone it would stay smaller. Never had a workout that worked like this but I've never had one that worked this well either so I'll stick with it.

I think I may need a bigger pair of pants though while I'm going through this process.

That's cool about the appearance of longer legs, I'll definitely welcome that.

Do you have any of the other new Callanetics DVDs besides Callanetics Countdown?
Old 02-21-2017, 07:49 PM   #430
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Okay cool, thanks for the tip. I was thinking it might puff out but then once gone it would stay smaller. Never had a workout that worked like this but I've never had one that worked this well either so I'll stick with it.

I think I may need a bigger pair of pants though while I'm going through this process.

That's cool about the appearance of longer legs, I'll definitely welcome that.

Do you have any of the other new Callanetics DVDs besides Callanetics Countdown?
That is the newest one I have. I have Cardio Callanetics and Evo. They are probably the next newest. I also have 10/10, AM PM, Quick Callanetics, Super, and Beginner. I have not seen any of the other newer ones.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:11 PM   #431
SharonRose
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SharonRose
Quote:
I also see that change. But at all, abdominal measurement became smaler, my belly became smaler and toned. esprecially the lateral belly. In progress.
SharonRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:13 PM   #432
SharonRose
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SharonRose
@all: Does your weight change by doing callenetics?
SharonRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:07 AM   #433
Lina
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonRose View Post
Personally I don't see the point of weighing myself and haven't for many years. So for me: I don't know.
Lina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:41 AM   #434
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That is the newest one I have. I have Cardio Callanetics and Evo. They are probably the next newest. I also have 10/10, AM PM, Quick Callanetics, Super, and Beginner. I have not seen any of the other newer ones.
That's cool! How do you like Evo and Super? I think I'm going to get one of those two next.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:45 AM   #435
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonRose View Post
I've only been doing it for 3 weeks but my weight has stayed the same and I've lost inches.

I don't think you burn many calories doing Callanetics and your heart rate doesn't get very high. I'm totally guessing but I think the 50 min 10/10 probably would burn 90-100 calories.

I will say that my body is looking better for the most part so I wouldn't let the non weight loss dissuade you from doing it.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:32 AM   #436
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: raishalini
Stats: 185/179/136 5'4.5"
WOE: JUDDD & IF
Start Date: January 2017
Hello Callanetics lovers,

Count me in. I have Endo+Meso body type so I gain weight easily as well as muscle. 2 yrs back I fell in love with Callanetics and at that point I was doing weight training but started doing Callanetics exclusively. It really helped me with flexibility and toning. Unfortunately I did not stick to it.

I have again started doing it and want to have a nice rotation with other exercises and quite confused about it. My plan is to keep Callanetics 3 times per week combining with either weight training (one day UB/other day lower Body) or Pilates or Barre or yoga. I will really appreciate suggestions with the exercise which will compliment and accentuate effects of Callanetics. I have done weight training regularly past two months but haven't seen much changes in my body. I am hoping Callanetics will help. I am looking for lean muscle which won't come with just weight training.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:02 AM   #437
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Shalini! I only do Callanetics at this point so will not be much help. I decided to stop all other programs and stick to this one to see what happens. I started in November and am seeing changes in my body for sure. I look leaner and less bulky. I'm sure someone else will chime in regarding adding weight training. I'm just being a purest for now

Last edited by Colaborer; 02-23-2017 at 11:07 AM..
Old 02-23-2017, 11:06 AM   #438
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That's cool! How do you like Evo and Super? I think I'm going to get one of those two next.
I like them both. They are very different from each other. If you already have 10/10 I would get Evo first because it is quite a bit different from 10/10. Super seems to be a more advanced level of 10/10. I love having several choices to pick from. I tend to get bored doing the exact thing every time.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:36 AM   #439
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Welcome Shalini! I only do Callanetics at this point so will not be much help. I decided to stop all other programs and stick to this one to see what happens. I started in November and am seeing changes in my body for sure. I look leaner and less bulky. I'm sure someone else will chime in regarding adding weight training. I'm just being a purest for now
Thanks Colaborer.

After reading a lot on benefits of callanetics, it feels wise to just stick with it without adding other exercises as rotation. I have 10x10, evo, super, AM/PM and quick Callanetics.

I feels AM/PM combined as one is better than 10x10. Callan's instructions are much better in this one. I am thinking of rotating AM/PM and Evo for technique.
Do let me know your views.

I am doing JUDDD for weight loss, which has been slow due to hormonal issues so I feel Callanetics will take care in toning and firming my body.

How long have you been doing and how has been your experience? Which one do you follow?
Old 02-23-2017, 11:53 AM   #440
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I like them both. They are very different from each other. If you already have 10/10 I would get Evo first because it is quite a bit different from 10/10. Super seems to be a more advanced level of 10/10. I love having several choices to pick from. I tend to get bored doing the exact thing every time.
Awesone, thanks for the advice! I'm totally the same way, I like variety so I'll give Evo a try.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:55 AM   #441
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raishalini View Post
Hello Callanetics lovers,

Count me in. I have Endo+Meso body type so I gain weight easily as well as muscle. 2 yrs back I fell in love with Callanetics and at that point I was doing weight training but started doing Callanetics exclusively. It really helped me with flexibility and toning. Unfortunately I did not stick to it.

I have again started doing it and want to have a nice rotation with other exercises and quite confused about it. My plan is to keep Callanetics 3 times per week combining with either weight training (one day UB/other day lower Body) or Pilates or Barre or yoga. I will really appreciate suggestions with the exercise which will compliment and accentuate effects of Callanetics. I have done weight training regularly past two months but haven't seen much changes in my body. I am hoping Callanetics will help. I am looking for lean muscle which won't come with just weight training.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome and congrats for getting back into it!
Old 02-23-2017, 04:33 PM   #442
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Colaborer.

After reading a lot on benefits of callanetics, it feels wise to just stick with it without adding other exercises as rotation. I have 10x10, evo, super, AM/PM and quick Callanetics.

I feels AM/PM combined as one is better than 10x10. Callan's instructions are much better in this one. I am thinking of rotating AM/PM and Evo for technique.
Do let me know your views.

I am doing JUDDD for weight loss, which has been slow due to hormonal issues so I feel Callanetics will take care in toning and firming my body.

How long have you been doing and how has been your experience? Which one do you follow?
I have been at it since November and am seeing results. I did not take measurements but my husband tells me my body is changing and I look much better in my jeans!
I mix it up using a different video each day. I also do AM PM together. I typically do all three Quick Callanetics as one also skipping the warm up in the second and third section.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:57 AM   #443
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Welcome and congrats for getting back into it!
Thanks Achangeisoverdue
Old 02-24-2017, 12:59 AM   #444
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have been at it since November and am seeing results. I did not take measurements but my husband tells me my body is changing and I look much better in my jeans!
I mix it up using a different video each day. I also do AM PM together. I typically do all three Quick Callanetics as one also skipping the warm up in the second and third section.
Thanks Colaborer, hope it works for me this time too. I am planning to do 5 or 6 days in a week instead of adding any other exercise, depending on the soreness. Do you do it in TOM?
Old 02-24-2017, 12:10 PM   #445
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Colaborer, hope it works for me this time too. I am planning to do 5 or 6 days in a week instead of adding any other exercise, depending on the soreness. Do you do it in TOM?
I was actually about to post about this. I've got my TOM for the first time since I started Callanetics and I tried to do the stomach exercises and it made my cramps go bonkers. Usually, exercise makes my cramps feel better but I guess the deep muscle stomach exercises are too much. I stopped the DVD but I'm going to go back in a bit and do everything but the stomach exercises.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:09 PM   #446
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Finished the rest of the intermediate Callanetics Countdown with no issues. Feeling relaxed. Thinking I'll skip the stomach exercises the first few days during my TOM from now on but still do the other exercises.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 02-24-2017, 02:51 PM   #447
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I'm sorry. I don't know what TOM is
Old 02-24-2017, 11:19 PM   #448
m_breezy
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: m_breezy
TOM = time of month (menstruation)
m_breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:40 AM   #449
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was actually about to post about this. I've got my TOM for the first time since I started Callanetics and I tried to do the stomach exercises and it made my cramps go bonkers. Usually, exercise makes my cramps feel better but I guess the deep muscle stomach exercises are too much. I stopped the DVD but I'm going to go back in a bit and do everything but the stomach exercises.
I thought so, couldn't bring myself to do it yesterday so skipped, will do today. Thanks dear
Old 02-25-2017, 12:41 AM   #450
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm sorry. I don't know what TOM is
now you know