Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-21-2017, 08:26 AM   #121
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 237.4/226.8/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ -3rd restart 11/1/15
Good morning all as we start another Medi week.

Blue don't weigh yourself anymore until the day you go to the clinic. My first time doing Medi, I actually threw my scale away about 3 weeks into the plan. I was weighing myself everyday and was getting discouraged because the scale wasn't moving as quickly as I wanted it to. Once I threw the scale away, every week I was excited to get to the clinic to see how much I'd lost and I lost every week. I celebrated every lost even if it was less than a pound. But I knew if I was weighing myself too often I would've given up just like I had done so much in the past.

I am now down 27 pounds. I'm doing it on my own this time. When I first restarted I was ordering the Stay Slim and Fat burner from the website. I no longer need the Stay Slim because my appetite is under control. I started 5/30 and my desire is to reach 30 down by 8/30.

Hoping to get at least 3 days of the FIRM workout this week.

Packed lunch and dinner again for the week.

Grilled chicken thighs and steak. Actually brought my food scale with me this week to make sure that I weigh my serving sizes.

Anyway, hope that you all have an awesome, successful Medi week.

Betty
betty_going_85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2017, 12:22 PM   #122
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: empressem
Stats: 220/199/160
Start Date: 07/10/17 & 8/18/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post

Blue don't weigh yourself anymore until the day you go to the clinic. My first time doing Medi, I actually threw my scale away about 3 weeks into the plan. I was weighing myself everyday and was getting discouraged because the scale wasn't moving as quickly as I wanted it to. Once I threw the scale away, every week I was excited to get to the clinic to see how much I'd lost and I lost every week. I celebrated every lost even if it was less than a pound. But I knew if I was weighing myself too often I would've given up just like I had done so much in the past.

I am now down 27 pounds. I'm doing it on my own this time. When I first restarted I was ordering the Stay Slim and Fat burner from the website. I no longer need the Stay Slim because my appetite is under control. I started 5/30 and my desire is to reach 30 down by 8/30.

Grilled chicken thighs and steak. Actually brought my food scale with me this week to make sure that I weigh my serving sizes.

Betty
Hi Betty!

I am on my 5th day, my weigh in isn't actually until the 31st because I started on a Friday and I can only make it into the clinics on Wednesdays. So I get quite longer days as my first "week". My scale isn't saying that I am losing anything, neither is my work scale. I am not discouraged though. I tested myself for ketosis yesterday so I am hoping with the next 7 days will support a large weight loss on my first weigh in. With what you said, I will probably stop weighing myself as well. It will be something to look forward to as I weigh in at the clinic too.

I am currently sitting at work while everyone else is enjoying pizza. The manager bought pizza because we had such an awful day yesterday, and I am not phased by it at all. Pizza will still be around when I am happy and at my goal weight! Right? Hahah.

WOW. You're doing incredible all by yourself, I only managed to lose 15 by the information provided on this forum. I am happy for you. That is great!

There are so many supplements I have to take, sometimes they make me feel sick - or maybe that is the AS! I almost vomited this morning, I felt super hungry so I started to eat cottage cheese and nearly gagged. I feel better now and I am about to eat my lunch. Deli meat, string cheese and a pickle.
empressem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:56 PM   #123
Blue
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Blue
Stats: 267/225/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 8/7/17
Quote:

Betty
Betty- I took your advice and removed the temptation of scale. I didn't throw it away, but I did hide it away in the closet. My visit at the clinic was yesterday. After the big first week, I only lost .5 pounds. They seem pleased with that... saying that I did well and that I lost 4 pounds of fat, but gained muscle. They also said my hydration improved, but I am still dehydrated. I am not discouraged overall. I am excited to see where I will be next week. I suffered some pretty bad constipation in the second week and I think I have that under control now. I feel confident the scale will move when it is ready.

You are doing so fantastic! I hope to hear you reached your goal on 8/30. Are you still taking the fat burner? I am considering buying my own vitamins when I run out of theirs. Do you have any recommendations or brands you use for a multi, calcium and fiber?

Hope you are having a great week too!
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:02 PM   #124
Blue
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by empressem View Post
There are so many supplements I have to take, sometimes they make me feel sick - or maybe that is the AS! I almost vomited this morning, I felt super hungry so I started to eat cottage cheese and nearly gagged. I feel better now and I am about to eat my lunch. Deli meat, string cheese and a pickle.
Em- Are you taking them with food? We went out to breakfast with my parents on Sunday and I decided to take all my supplements before we left the house on an empty stomach. I felt so sick the entire way there and it only got better after I ate. I think the key is to take them with food. I will not be making that mistake again!
Old 08-24-2017, 06:04 AM   #125
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Betty- I took your advice and removed the temptation of scale. I didn't throw it away, but I did hide it away in the closet. My visit at the clinic was yesterday. After the big first week, I only lost .5 pounds. They seem pleased with that... saying that I did well and that I lost 4 pounds of fat, but gained muscle. They also said my hydration improved, but I am still dehydrated. I am not discouraged overall. I am excited to see where I will be next week. I suffered some pretty bad constipation in the second week and I think I have that under control now. I feel confident the scale will move when it is ready.

You are doing so fantastic! I hope to hear you reached your goal on 8/30. Are you still taking the fat burner? I am considering buying my own vitamins when I run out of theirs. Do you have any recommendations or brands you use for a multi, calcium and fiber?

Hope you are having a great week too!
I was taking their brand. I took a break from taking everything that I used to because I started feeling sick. I didn't know which supplement so I stopped taking everything. So, when I started ordering from their website I was only doing the natural AS and the fat burner. Right now I'm not taking anything. I do need vitamins because I'm feeling very fatigued.

You are doing very well. I have found that the second week is always a small number so definitely hang in there. You will make that up over the next couple of weeks.

I'm definitely hoping for a good week. Tomorrow is my 33 wedding anniversary so we are planning on spending a couple of days in Atlantic City. I'll probably eat more than I've been eating and have a few cocktails which will cause a few pounds of water weight. I'm ok with that because we still do have to live.

Keep up the great job and have a wonderful Medi Day.

Betty
Old 08-24-2017, 06:15 AM   #126
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by empressem View Post
Hi Betty!

I am on my 5th day, my weigh in isn't actually until the 31st because I started on a Friday and I can only make it into the clinics on Wednesdays. So I get quite longer days as my first "week". My scale isn't saying that I am losing anything, neither is my work scale. I am not discouraged though. I tested myself for ketosis yesterday so I am hoping with the next 7 days will support a large weight loss on my first weigh in. With what you said, I will probably stop weighing myself as well. It will be something to look forward to as I weigh in at the clinic too.

I am currently sitting at work while everyone else is enjoying pizza. The manager bought pizza because we had such an awful day yesterday, and I am not phased by it at all. Pizza will still be around when I am happy and at my goal weight! Right? Hahah.

WOW. You're doing incredible all by yourself, I only managed to lose 15 by the information provided on this forum. I am happy for you. That is great!

I just told Blue that I stopped taking the supplements because they were also making me sick. Feeling that I wanted to just throw up. I think it's too many and maybe some of those combinations just don't work.

It's not easy doing it on your own but for me I was so embarrassed regaining all my weight. I was so unhappy with myself that I had to do something. I couldn't continue to live like that. I wanted to be happy when I looked in the mirror and that wasn't the case. So, I decided to do what I knew worked and the lowcarb is the only thing that works for me. Because I'm very rarely hungry it's very easy to stick with it.

My calorie count is not as low as when I was going to the clinic. I very rarely eat veggies and never fruit. I eat protein and about twice a week some nuts. Maybe on the weekends if we go out to dinner then I'll have a salad or veggie but never during the week.

It can be done on your on when you are absolutely ready......

Have a great Medi day.

Betty
Old 08-24-2017, 05:08 PM   #127
Blue
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I was taking their brand. I took a break from taking everything that I used to because I started feeling sick. I didn't know which supplement so I stopped taking everything. So, when I started ordering from their website I was only doing the natural AS and the fat burner. Right now I'm not taking anything. I do need vitamins because I'm feeling very fatigued.

You are doing very well. I have found that the second week is always a small number so definitely hang in there. You will make that up over the next couple of weeks.

I'm definitely hoping for a good week. Tomorrow is my 33 wedding anniversary so we are planning on spending a couple of days in Atlantic City. I'll probably eat more than I've been eating and have a few cocktails which will cause a few pounds of water weight. I'm ok with that because we still do have to live.

Keep up the great job and have a wonderful Medi Day.

Betty
Happy Anniversary! Definitely enjoy yourself in Atlantic City!
Old 08-30-2017, 05:23 PM   #128
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Happy Anniversary! Definitely enjoy yourself in Atlantic City!
Thanks Blue.

Went up 3 pounds but down 1 1/2 already. Did my FIRM DVD yesterday and today so feeling really good.

Pray that everybody is having a good week so far.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:02 PM   #129
Blue
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Blue.

Went up 3 pounds but down 1 1/2 already. Did my FIRM DVD yesterday and today so feeling really good.

Pray that everybody is having a good week so far.
Glad you are feeling great and are already going back down. I lost 2 pounds, but their magic scale said none of it was fat. The clinic NP seemed disappointed with that and said it was too early to be having a plateau. I am following the plan exactly, am in large Ketosis, and am getting in a little strength training. They even gave me plateau paperwork, so it is frustrating. I went to my doctor to go back on synthroid, so hopefully that will help get my hormones in check. I am going to continue for another full month after this week, but my hair is seriously falling out and thinning badly. I am taking all the supplements. Otherwise I am feeling good.

Hope you guys have a good week as well!
Old 08-31-2017, 09:11 AM   #130
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Glad you are feeling great and are already going back down. I lost 2 pounds, but their magic scale said none of it was fat. The clinic NP seemed disappointed with that and said it was too early to be having a plateau. I am following the plan exactly, am in large Ketosis, and am getting in a little strength training. They even gave me plateau paperwork, so it is frustrating. I went to my doctor to go back on synthroid, so hopefully that will help get my hormones in check. I am going to continue for another full month after this week, but my hair is seriously falling out and thinning badly. I am taking all the supplements. Otherwise I am feeling good.

Hope you guys have a good week as well!
2 pounds down is great. Don't get discouraged about it not being fat or not. Maybe you're level of Ketosis is not good. I never had problems with thinning hair or falling out and that could be because I never was at a level more that light to medium.

Did you tell them at the clinic about your ketosis level?
Old 08-31-2017, 10:18 AM   #131
Blue
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Did you tell them at the clinic about your ketosis level?
Yes, they have me test my Ketosis level prior to my appointment every week and ask me where I am. They never seem concerned about the level. I go back and forth between moderate and large.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:28 AM   #132
Lucas33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lucas33
Stats: start:263/current:242.8 /goal:200
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 09/15/17
HI Ladies, I went on medi this spring. Lost 32lbs but went off program on June 30th. I have my restart next Friday. The main reason for the break was the summer. Too busy, too hard with kids home, etc. 2nd reason, was my hair loss was getting to me. I know its normal (especially around 30lbs) and I was trying to stay relaxed about it, but it was stressing me out. Last and not least, my sleep. I need the suppressant but also am not a great sleepers so need to take sleep aids each night.. Anyway, fast forward, I'm going back. I need to do this and want to get back on. Glad to see so much activity, this board was super slow when I was active.
Lucas33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:07 PM   #133
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas33 View Post
HI Ladies, I went on medi this spring. Lost 32lbs but went off program on June 30th. I have my restart next Friday. The main reason for the break was the summer. Too busy, too hard with kids home, etc. 2nd reason, was my hair loss was getting to me. I know its normal (especially around 30lbs) and I was trying to stay relaxed about it, but it was stressing me out. Last and not least, my sleep. I need the suppressant but also am not a great sleepers so need to take sleep aids each night.. Anyway, fast forward, I'm going back. I need to do this and want to get back on. Glad to see so much activity, this board was super slow when I was active.

Hi Lucas,

I wish you the best of luck. Shortly after my first week I fell off track. I had a friend visiting from out of town and I was so set on not letting myself cheat but it happened anyway. I cancelled my weigh in on Wed and decided to redo week 1 myself. I should be in ketosis on Sunday so a week or so after that, I will go in for another weigh in.

I am so mad at myself for cheating. I wish I never did. This is a life style and this will be long-term, though, I wanted to do this primarily to lose weight for my graduation in 5 weeks. I hope to be at least 25lbs less by then.

My first weigh in was only -3lbs loss!! That was 10 days of doing week 1 too. I was so upset..... blah. I am not discouraged though, it was easy to get back on track after my cheats over labor day weekend.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:08 PM   #134
empressem
Junior LCF Member

I am sorry that I have been MIA ladies, I have not forgotten about you. I will try and check back more frequent.

HOW IS EVERYONE DOING?
Old 09-11-2017, 11:36 AM   #135
Blue
Junior LCF Member

Hi Lucas! Welcome back! We were trying to get this thread going again and are typically each coming back weekly to provide updates. Hope you will do the same as you get started back at the clinic too.

Last week was my 4 week weigh-in at the clinic. I lost 15 pounds total in August through the plan, most of that (11.5) in the first week. My progress really slowed down, but has gone down every week so I am not complaining. I hope to have at least a 10 pound loss in September. This week I tried cutting out veggies again to see if that would show a faster loss, but according to my home scale I am still on target to lose 1-1.5 this week as well.

Hope you guys have a great week. I might be back tomorrow with my Week 5 update.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:51 PM   #136
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,

I was totally off task since my anniversary. I'm trying to get back on track this week. I have my daughter's wedding on 11/12 and I desperately want to be down at least another 15 pounds. I started doing it myself 5/30 and have lost 25 pounds to date. It should be more but I'm having water weight gain that I'm not sure what's going on. I got very discouraged over the weekend when the scale didn't move at all and I exercised last week and all. So, I had a small bag of Doritos on Saturday and cornbread stuffing on Sunday. I'm sure that's going to cost me but hopefully sticking to the plan this week will make up for that.

I ordered the Stay Slim and Fat burner on Friday because when I was taking them May and June my weight loss was very good. Since I stopped it has been less than 1 pound a week. To keep from completely getting discouraged and giving up, was the decision to reorder the supplements. Maybe they really do help.

Hope, that everybody have a great week. I'll post my lost next Monday.

Betty
Old 09-12-2017, 06:27 AM   #137
Lucas33
Junior LCF Member

What are everyones staple supplements? I don't do great taking pills but want to make sure to take what is needed. Especially with losing hair at 30lbs lost in June. Its stopped now so hopefully that wont start again. Right now my general is Daily: 1 multi vitamin, 2 suppressants, 1 biotin, 1 calcium and 1 fat burner.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #138
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

I never had an issue with hair loss.

I only take the Stay Slim once a day unless I get hungry and the same with the Fat Burner.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #139
Blue
Junior LCF Member

The first month I took all of the supplements from the clinic. They required that I buy them and that cost over $170 I believe. After I ran out I went to Walmart and purchased a 30 month supply of vitamins for $14. It has 30 packets with about 7 different pills. I compared each amount (example calcium, fish oil etc) and most had more of the daily % / dosage than the ones from the clinic. Granted I noticed hair loss myself in the first month, and I have only been taking the new ones a little over a week so I do not have a comparison. I am also not taking a Fat Burner any longer and so far the results are not worse.

I had my week 5 weigh-in today and lost 4 pounds.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:35 PM   #140
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The first month I took all of the supplements from the clinic. They required that I buy them and that cost over $170 I believe. After I ran out I went to Walmart and purchased a 30 month supply of vitamins for $14. It has 30 packets with about 7 different pills. I compared each amount (example calcium, fish oil etc) and most had more of the daily % / dosage than the ones from the clinic. Granted I noticed hair loss myself in the first month, and I have only been taking the new ones a little over a week so I do not have a comparison. I am also not taking a Fat Burner any longer and so far the results are not worse.

I had my week 5 weigh-in today and lost 4 pounds.
Congrats on you weight loss.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:19 AM   #141
Lucas33
Junior LCF Member

Had my first appointment after a 11 week break. 11 pounds up. Still have the 21 lbs of the 32 lbs lost. Not back to week 1 totally but back to a jump start week. took both shots, mulit vitamin, AS, 1 fat burner and 1 biotin.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:50 AM   #142
Blue
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, Betty! Hope you are having a good week!

You'll be back down in no time, Lucas! Did you get biotin at your clinic or is that something extra you buy elsewhere? Do you see a difference?
Old 09-19-2017, 07:59 AM   #143
Lucas33
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks, Betty! Hope you are having a good week!

You'll be back down in no time, Lucas! Did you get biotin at your clinic or is that something extra you buy elsewhere? Do you see a difference?
I buy the biotin separately. any grocery or pharmacy. 5000mcg and they even said I could go to 10000mcg if I wanted. My dermatologist also recommended to help with the hair regrowth.