Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-06-2017, 09:20 AM   #31
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/169/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Frosty- whoa that's crazy!

Carly- thanks, nothing yet poor DH is driving himself nuts checking his email every 5 minutes. Sigh. Glad you were able to nip the cold in the bud!

Tara- I know girl , you know I know! That book sounds like a great read for your current struggles. Do let us know if it's worth the read! I like the idea behind the app, mindfulness while eating is something I lack for sure! It sounds like you are doing everything you can to figure this rough patch out and get yourself back on track! I know you've had a lot of success with judd and regular SAD but maybe look into changing it up? I know when I eat SAD my next dd's are miserable.

Dd was hard yesterday, a lot of hunger. I did end up having a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese to settle my stomach last night before bed. Scale Down 4.6 lbs so all is well. 170 on after a dd, really will feel good once my post ud weight is below 169. I already feel loads better, my stomach is flatter and I feel like I'm more under control mentally and emotionally. Still find myself not wanting to track my ud calories, for now it's not completely necessary but once I plateau again I know it will be. Just keeping it LC at this point. Saturday's ud may involve sweets ( super cool roller derby thing is happening, can't say anything till Sunday! ) so that's why I was thinking of a double dd Thur/fri.....i also have plans 9/16 for an Day girls night and 9/22 for a bachelorette party I'm not going to let it psych me out, going to EOD and go with it.

So let me ask you guys for advice. We applied for an apartment and got approved, move in date 9/30. They want us to come and sign the 6 month lease 9/16. DH is still waiting to hear back from IL job and we hope we know something before the lease signing. What would you do? Let the apartment go just in case he gets it or continue on if we haven't heard anything by then? If he does end up getting it and we already signed the lease me and the kids will have to stay behind while he goes to IL. We also don't have money for both. The apartment will take all our savings but if DH gets a job in IL he will need to buy a used car because we only have 1 van. Sigh
Vlo1125 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2017, 09:37 AM   #32
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by taramisu View Post
And yes, it did kill me to just update my stats on my profile to what the scale says.
Ouch Been there, hon. All I can say is that you WILL get back on track, and get to goal (or comfortably near it). 20 or so pounds is nothing compared to what you have already achieved.

I agree that the BC implant could be playing a role. Long-term BC is a wonderful thing...but tons of side-effects and I honestly don't believe it's been studied long enough to fully assess impact on women's health.

SlowSure - let us know how the situation progresses. We're all thinking of you.

Vlo so happy that DH keeps progressing in the interview process! Crossing my eyes!

I have not fully gotten back on JUDDD rotations but I have definitely not been overeating (in excess of 2000 kcals, which is my 'maintain' intake). Work is a LOT right now, but I've been really productive the last couple of days which is heartening. I also feel some tension re: DH employee situation. Hoping Vlo's DH's lucky job fairy dust will rub on off on us!

Cooking has been soothing for me. Just yesterday I made a lovely couscous salad (cucumber, carrot, bell pepper, cranberries and pecans with a honey-balsamic vinegar dressing), apple-oatmeal cookies, white bean stew and cast-iron skillet cornbread.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:44 AM   #33
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi, to every one.
I fell off on doing judd,but doing good now.
I started doing true fasting on sept.4th At 124.5
Sept.5 123
Sept.6 120
This is my 3rd day of true fasting. and I have Sept.7th to go yet.
Then do broths and small salald.
Keep it low.
For Sunday I have a big shower to go too.
But Im going to try to still watch to not much gain.
and I think i will do 2-4 days maybe 6 days of true fasting and see.
But I'm still able to walk 2-3 miles and weight machines {light for now.
and most of all doing sauna 40 mins . then go cool off in pool for 10 mins. and do 10 in sauna.
Just wanted to say hi.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:55 AM   #34
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Tara-

I am so sick! The cold definitely won this battle. I feel like total garbage. I couldn't stay home because I have presentation tomorrow in the Bronx and needed to get things from my office in Midtown, but I'll leave early- probably much sooner rater than later.

I don't get very sick that often, so I guess this was just my turn. I hope I feel a bit better for my presentation tomorrow, because it will be very uncomfortable if I feel this congested, drippy, scratchy, etc...

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:21 AM   #35
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/209/180
Start Date: April 7, 2015
Vlo, when you said regular SAD what are you referring to? (I understand that as Standard American Diet... right?) Did you mean the amount of calories per day, or the actual food choices? I definitely struggle with my higher-sugar diet. Right before I started JUDDD I did Atkins induction for a few weeks. It really kick-started my weight loss, but was soooo hard, which probably just goes to show how much of a problem I have with sugar! Anyway, GO YOU! Scale down 4.6--you're doing fabulously! I'll let you know what I think of the book. Regarding the apartment--how big of a deal would it be to let the apartment go? Are there other options if you just wait and see about your hubby's job without signing the lease? Seems risky if it'll eat up your savings. Is there any way the landlords (or whoever) would consider holding the apartment for you for another week?

Thanks, Bluebelle. I appreciate it. You're right... the amount of weight I have to lose now is certainly less than it was 72 pounds ago... as of today I'm 15.4 up from my lowest ever weight (in June), and all in all, that's small potatoes, I guess, especially since I know a lot of it is still water. I think since I struggled a lot in the last year and it took me all that time to lose 13ish pounds, it seems insurmountable. But if I weren't struggling so much and more on track, 13 pounds could be more like a few months of hard work. Just really wanted to be 2017 to be the year I hit my long-term goal (180). It's still possible, if I can make some good changes.

Your cooking sounds delicious! I'll send some lucky job fairy dust too. (Well, not that I'm so lucky when it comes to getting hired, but I feel lucky to work at a job I love, so... )

Good to see you, kind. Sounds like you are making smart choices and have a solid plan for the week ahead! Good luck!

Ugh, Carly, so sorry you're ill! Especially when all eyes will be on you for your presentation. But everyone will see how dedicated you are for powering through. Sending virtual chicken soup!

Yesterday a friend reached out to me to ask how weight loss was going. I fessed up to my utter despair (drama queen here) and it meant a lot to have someone who understands the struggle just be there for me to talk to. I felt better afterward. I think that the night before and yesterday were kind of my rock bottom. Lots of tears, which frankly, always helps clear my head, so that's a good thing. I ended the day at 1700 calories (my lowest in a while) and woke up today feeling... calm. More in control. I have my doctor appointment today and while I'm still struggling a bit with the decision about my implant, I'll see what the doctor and nurses say. My nurse practitioner warned me that Nexplanon could make me retain water and gain easily (and god knows the Internet is FULL of women talking about how impossible they found it to lose weight because they were hungry all the time, but that's true for most hormonal BC I suppose...)--but anyway, I think I have a little backup for feeling the way I feel, so we'll see.

Thank you all for your continued support.
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore

Last edited by taramisu; 09-07-2017 at 07:26 AM..
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:18 PM   #36
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
Vlo

I know you guys won't believe me, but I actually miss the DD feeling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
Actually, I would be shocked if there is anyone here who has done JUDDD for more than a few months who doesn't feel the same way. Part of the Magic!
I do too! but I have been having a really hard time getting back to good consistent DDs for the same reasons as you BB- I have so much going on at work that I am too afraid to take the chance to be spacey. But I think I'm getting over that as my confidence is building and we are just now past the big regulatory meeting we were building towards (that was my boss' program that I picked up so I was feeling especially shaky on it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
phoenix - apologies but do you recall a while ago when we had an exchange where I think we were discussing NAD+? You like one by people who were formerly MIT? Elysium?

Are you using it and can you report any obvious impact? Do you think the spat with their ingredient supplier will have an impact on its availability (on the off chance I know someone going to US who can buy it for me as the price is beyond reason here).

I'm considering my options for use with medication for the inflammatory arthritis if I'm advised to take it. I know that a couple of them are associated with both sun and light sensitivity and NAD+ has some small scale clinical results saying that it can modify those (albeit, the trial wasn't with these medications).
Yes I do recall and I really do think that it is having a noticeable effect however I don't have the same inflammatory issues for comparison! I feel that when I was taking it regularly, I felt a bit more focused and energetic and perhaps coincidentally I was better at sticking to my woe. This summer I have been somewhat sporadic in taking it just due to traveling, etc, and it was not so much I noticed the difference NOT taking it, but when I started taking it again, I found I was better focused, etc. It is pretty expensive here too. I don't know that you need to take THEIR combination- probably you could just get the NAD+ supplement alone and take it with Ptero or Resveratrol. Niagen is another brand - haven't done a full comparison but thought I'd mention it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post

So let me ask you guys for advice. We applied for an apartment and got approved, move in date 9/30. They want us to come and sign the 6 month lease 9/16. DH is still waiting to hear back from IL job and we hope we know something before the lease signing. What would you do? Let the apartment go just in case he gets it or continue on if we haven't heard anything by then? If he does end up getting it and we already signed the lease me and the kids will have to stay behind while he goes to IL. We also don't have money for both. The apartment will take all our savings but if DH gets a job in IL he will need to buy a used car because we only have 1 van. Sigh
Vlo- it is my advice to NOT sign for that apartment. you could probably get out of a lease if you had to but why go through the hassle? there will be other apartments and you are in no major hurry to HAVE to move, right? Just tell the apartment broker your situation and if the apartment is still available IF you need to stay (which you won't because of course DH will get the job...) then I'm sure they will be in touch.

I'm still as busy as ever and this week is flying by. I leave for my conference on Saturday too. I'm looking for some feedback on if anyone has also experienced this - remember I mentioned the puncture wound on my foot and the need to be on antibiotics for a week? well since then I just feel that I am completely "off". I did take probiotics a few times but it seems whatever I eat is making me feel bloated, full and uncomfortable, even with small volumes. So the obvious thought is - just don't eat! but all of this is also accompanied by feeling hungry - more so than usual. Its very annoying. Any suggestions? or do you think I just need to let my gut bacteria normalize again? I do seem to be especially sensitive to carbs. Happy to hear any thoughts or suggestions.

Both traveling and conference attendance will be a challenge- no matter what I say about making better food choices with salads, etc, I know darn well that they usually bring out GOOD food and I will want to eat it. and yes I admit I have poor willpower . I guess the best I can say right now is to consciously think of my choices and how they will make me feel and to re-start AGAIN next week. Vlo and Portia you have been my inspiration getting back on track! Keep reporting on your progress and how you are feeling, it reminds me to get my mind back in the right place.

to everyone I didn't specifically address- apologies I am being bad at that these last few weeks. With summer on the downswing I think I can get back to a more normal schedule soon... maybe...
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:41 PM   #37
Carly

Quick Fly-By.

My presentation went well and the cold is much better. I had a bad cough last night and was worried that I'd be coughing through the presentation, but felt much better this morning. I frequently get "re-sick" at night for a few days after the day time symptoms have basically ended. I'm feeling a bit tired still, but it is Friday, so somewhat to be expected.

To all those who are struggling I feel your pain. I've been hungrier at night on DDs for a couple weeks now. I really don't like it. I've also been eating a snack on UDs when I get in from work, because I'm too hungry to wait until 9pm to eat. The scale has bounced up some and I'm not thrilled. In the past it was not so hard to lose 4-5 pounds, but seems harder with each year that passes.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:23 PM   #38
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 69
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Just to say that I am back after a couple of great weeks in Germany. I've not had time to catch up on the posts yet I'm afraid.

The good news is I didn't gain weight at all.

Will read tomorrow.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:02 AM   #39
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Kissa you are always such an inspiration- to maintain your weight while vactioning, do you incorporate fasting still or wait until you are home? what's your strategy?

Carly hope you are feeling better. I've seen the end of summer colds sweeping through work too- although I think it is more from the kids going back to school and passing on their germs to their parents who bring it to work with them!

Vlo- any word on the job and what did you decide for the apartment? also did I read in one of your posts that you were drinking something you called ketopunch or something like that on your fasting days? What is that?

Hey- has anyone tried the canned/carton bone broth I've seen in the stores recently?

Slow have you decided to try the NAD+ I'll have to look up the cost of the Elysium here- maybe I can mail it to you . I seem to remember it being roughly $50 for a month supply so with the conversion I think thats about 38 pounds? Its also a really low dosage in case that matters to you.

Bluebelle- how is it going with your DH's job hunt? Hopefully you have taken the advice on here and take care of yourself? Has your work improved?

Tara how are you holding up? has your better mindset continued? I'm with you on struggling to get back to a good eating routine.

I'm in CA for my conference - easy traveling for the most part but such a long day. I stopped to eat at the airport and of course it resulted in that terrible full bloated feeling again. Just don't know what is up with me lately but I'm tired of it. It sort of feels like I'm about to get TOM but I don't. in some ways maybe that is a good thing I felt so icky because I am now determined to eat as light as I can manage during this conference and try to focus on things like raw fruits and veggies, yogurts or any other fermented foods available, etc. Its also making me want to try the multi-day fasts that Vlo and Portia have been so successful with. Right now I am craving that empty feeling!! My mantra for the next several days will be "its only food" to resist those goodies they tend to have everywhere. its sugar that is my enemy- I really need to find a way to break the sugar addiction. I'm wondering if those books that tout a strategy for breaking the sugar addiction are worth it- I guess its time to find out!!

Time to get moving, its an all day Sunday workshop and I'm looking forward to it, its a subject that I really need a little more knowledge in so this is great! Hope you are all having a great weekend and finding success in your endeavors.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:25 AM   #40
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
A fly by to say that I'm back in upstate NY after a shortened trip to Fla. So I'm safe, though unfortunately Irma is making a beeline to landfall on my sweet bungalow in Fla. Pine Island/ Ft. Myers if you want to track.

Leanne is hunkered down in her home further inland, so should be okay.

Weight management note: Now I know what it takes to send me into compulsive nervous eating!
Old 09-10-2017, 01:16 PM   #41
Carly

Quote:
A fly by to say that I'm back in upstate NY after a shortened trip to Fla. So I'm safe, though unfortunately Irma is making a beeline to landfall on my sweet bungalow in Fla. Pine Island/ Ft. Myers if you want to track.

Leanne is hunkered down in her home further inland, so should be okay.

Weight management note: Now I know what it takes to send me into compulsive nervous eating!
Glad you are back safe in NY. My parents stayed hunkered down in Lakewood Ranch and my grandmother stayed in her assisted living facility in Sarasota. I'm quite nervous. Would have preferred that they came up to NY, but no sense in focusing on that now.

It's 4:16pm and they still have power, but the worst is still to come.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:31 PM   #42
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Hi guys - I have some really wonderful news to share -- amidst all the sobering news and reports on FL we're seeing.

DH got a job offer (!) on Friday -- for one of the manager positions he'd interviewed for weeks ago. It's the same pay he had at the old job, but working 5 days a week (as opposed to 6 days, like before), at a better company with great benefits. It's even located at the same office park where I work, which simplifies things immensely. He starts in a month. It all hinges on him passing a background check (which is run by a company in the US), which is a new thing for us, but we're hopeful everything will work out, since he did not misrepresent job history/cv at any point - which is what he was told the background check would encompass). If anyone has something reassuring to say about this, speak now!

Anyway - as is understandable - this weekend was incredibly sweet, with lots of celebrations and making plans. Lots of eating too. Looking forward to getting back on track tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:26 AM   #43
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/110/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Bluebelle - I'm so pleased. Yeah - DH has to have financial/background checks verification every year. Just keep on top of the company doing it because if they're waiting for something they can fail to follow through for a long time (in the UK). Plus, this probably isn't a problem for your DH but at DH's age, some of the early companies have been taken over so you might want to give the current name. Some records don't exist in some companies any more so you have to follow through on where they might be now etc. etc.

It's OK - but it's lots of admin. follow-up.

Fingers well and truly crossed there are no hold-ups for your DH as this sounds ideal and so much better than his previous position.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:01 AM   #44
Carly

Bluebelle- that is great news!!!!! I've had a background check (criminal) and finger printing for almost every job I've had as an adult. Depending what the company is looking for and whether they use a private company or state data base can make the process a bit shorter or longer, but if DH has been up front there shouldn't be any issues. As far as I know- HR has always verified my previous employment and HR usually moves quickly, because they need to help ensure the position gets filled. My fingers and toes are crossed.

My parents lost their power at 7:30pm last night, but I just got a text from my mother that they are OK. Not sure how long their cell phones will stay charged, so might not hear much after today.

Last weekend I had bad pain in my spine, then I got a bad cold, followed by a horrible TOM, but today is the first time is a while I have felt back to regular self. It feels really nice! Of course, it is only 8am on Monday morning, but so far, so good and very relieved that my parents weathered the storm well. They may not have power for a very long time, so hoping they will come up to NY with the dog and my grandmother.

Old 09-11-2017, 07:17 AM   #45
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Bluebelle!!!!!!! Thats really awesome!! I've had background checks for every job as well - all they did for me was check for criminal records and verify my education and previous jobs. I also have had to do a drug test for most every job as well. Its routine here in the US so nothing to worry about, just one more thing to do!

Carly- glad to hear you are feeling better. Glad to hear your parents are safe!

Thinking of everyone in the south affected by Irma- several of my friends evacuated, one of which JUST moved there and bought a house with her new DH which was in the path. ugh.

not much to say for me other than its obvious how much I've fallen off the dieting wagon. My clothes are tight. As expected this conference has food everywhere. Pretty much every 2 hours they are giving us more food. I have been leaving the conference area during every break and coming to my room just to avoid it. No sense it making it worse on myself right? At lunch I filled my plate 2/3 with salad and had chicken and just a taste of the enchilada. But then I had dessert- ARGH! me and sugar, I just can't seem to break up with it. The plan is to just keep trying to avoid the worst of it and yes to get back to fasting. Perhaps my first day will be on Wednesday when I'm flying for 6 hours- that should be easy! Ok on that note I better get moving - I at least need to go early enough to get a good seat .
Old 09-11-2017, 01:19 PM   #46
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Got the good news that my place in Fla is okay--thanks to the fact that Irma refused to go up the coast as predicted and went inland instead. I'm relieved, but distressed for those Irma chose to slam.

Leanne's place is okay too.

Glad your fam is okay, Carly! The Sarasota area got hit pretty bad.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:28 PM   #47
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Got the good news that my place in Fla is okay--thanks to the fact that Irma refused to go up the coast as predicted and went inland instead. I'm relieved, but distressed for those Irma chose to slam.

SOOO glad to hear the good news!! when do you head back down?
Old 09-12-2017, 05:08 AM   #48
Carly

Quote:

My parents don't have power but friends that did evacuate to NY have power, so they are staying there for the the time being. When their friends come back to FL I'm not sure if they will continue to stay there or what. Their friends don't have any pets, but let my parents bring the dog over as well, which is good, because it's probably very hot and Abby (the little white Havenesse), would not be happy staying all alone.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:58 AM   #49
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

So glad to hear everyone ( Portia ,Leanne, Carly' parents)in the hurricanes path is safe! Was definitely worried for all my family in PR and FL but thankfully all is well other than a few days without electricity.

Tara- yes I mean standard American diet which is higher in carbs and sugar. I don't think it's necessary to do Atkins or low carb if it's not something you like but I really do think eliminating sugar will help big time. Doesn't the body respond to sugar like a drug? It's no wonder we suffer from cravings and binges when we keep eating it. Maybe try a sugar free challenge, 2-4 weeks no sugar and see how you feel?

Phoenix- thanks for your advice, we did decide to not sign the lease. We still have not heard back about the job and it was stressing us out being in a time crunch. It was also the first place we looked at and I feel like we were rushing into it. It's about $200 more a month than we can afford and our DD would have to change schools 2 weeks into the school year and we weren't in love with the place. So all in all just better to walk away. As for the sugar thing, read what I wrote to Tara I really do think it make dieting and fasting harder so try to steer clear for awhile. My ketorade is basically home made sugar free Gatorade , helps with electrolytes while fasting. This helps with avoiding the dizzy lightheaded feeling on fasting days.

Bluebelle- so happy for you that DH landed a job! What a relief! Now I'm going to be hoping your luck rubs off on us!

Kissa- rockstar!

Sigh so like I said DH hasn't heard anything yet and I'm starting to lose hope this one should have been in the bag , I'm mean his old manager is there for Christ sake! Idk, sigh. My weekend went ok diet wise, I was only up 2.4 which was great considering i had some off plan foods at Saturday's derby game. It was our leagues 10 year anniversary and Cake Boss made us a cake and filmed us for an episode! So I couldn't not have some cake made by Cake boss! It's was a cool thing for our team to be a part of and an experience but it was a long night with filming. I wasn't playing in this game but I did sit in the audience next to buddy's sister so idk I may make it on the episode if not who cares it was still fun. Yesterday was going to be a dd and I fasted till 3:30 but a friend was over and I started snacking with her so then I threw in the towel. It would've been fine if I hadn't come home from Practice last night at midnight and proceeded to raid the pantry for chips. last night I just did not care. Could be cause I had sugar this weekend but Sunday I had a regular LC Ud no problem or it could be me and DH kind of got into this weekend and I'm still feeling emotional about it, sigh idk but the result is up another 1.2 making me 174 this morning. Not the direction I want to be heading. Today is a hell or high water dd and I hope to see 169.8 tomorrow morning I only did my workout DVD once last week so I need to step that back up as well. Anywho that's the update on my so called life.

Last edited by Vlo1125; 09-12-2017 at 07:02 AM..
Old 09-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #50
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Vlo totally cool about Cake Boss! let us know when the episode airs! what did the cake look like? Hang in there with the interview/job... these things tend to take forever as you have already seen. Has DH followed up with his former boss to ask about it?

Carly good to hear your parents are in a safe place with power! What nice friends to let them stay! Hopefully they will have their own power restored soon. My friends down there lost power also but they have a generator so I think they are playing host to their neighbors too.

I feel like today should be Friday. probably because I haven't really had a day off yet. I consider traveling work! Today I am wearing a pair of capri pants I had worn as recently as last week with no discomfort. Today they are uncomfortably tight. I know I'm being a drama queen but it just seems so very odd to me this rather rapid weight gain. I suppose it could be just water retention? anyway- I have decided to switch to low carb for the immediate future and get back to IF as soon as feasible (tomorrow). I just came back to my room to put on different clothes. I hope no one notices... I'm avoiding the morning break again (with food) and lunches have been mostly OK usually with lots of salad options and protein. I just have to NOT look at dessert. Sugar is truly an addiction for me and I just have to go cold turkey. I can't even do "just a little" because it sets off the monster. So I'm doing low carb but this also means no sugar substitutes, none of those atkins bars or anything like that. Sort of a low carb Paleo. We have a reception tonight that will also be a challenge but I'll just tell myself NO SUGAR...

Enough of that. I'm feeling kind of down today with how I look and feel and I haven't been sleeping well. I have had some really strange dreams that all seem to revolve around my ex-boyfriends so who knows what thats all about. I am hoping its more closure since in one of them, the man that broke my heart played a prominent role and I was packing up my things in the house we owned and I was saying good-bye but in a good way. That can be closure right? Right? I sure hope so. That was about 10 years ago!
Old 09-12-2017, 01:38 PM   #51
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Phoenix- sorry you are feeling down. Sounds like how I was feeling before I did the 3 day fast bloated and depressed! I think quitting sugar is for the best but you'll probably get the low carb flu for the next few days. If you can ride that out you start feeling loads better afterwards. I had that carb binge last night and I can tell you I've had a hungerier and more irritable down day today. I've caught myself thinking of giving in a lot but I've pushed through. I know after my fast today I should feel a lot better tomorrow and as long as I keep it LC my next dd on Thursday should go a lot smoother. I know what a bummer it is feeling your clothes get tighter , there's stuff I could wear in June that I wouldn't wear now I didn't get a photo of the cake but as soon as I see someone post it I'll show you guys! as for the cake taste, meh it was cake nothing special. DH hasn't contacted his old manager since they spoke on 9/1 so he said if he didn't hear back from them by today he'd send her an email. Sigh, idk I just feel like he should have heard back by now and since he hasn't it's not good, I hope I'm wrong.

As for the dream that is strange but I've had dreams about people frommmynpast out of nowhere too, it's always weird and you wonder where the heck that came from!
Old 09-12-2017, 02:35 PM   #52
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Vlo - yeah I am pretty sure my crappy mood is directly tied to how I feel physically. The bloating I feel after eating is kind of startling to me. Its not just the usual full belly thing. I successfully walked away from dessert after lunch and also didn't take the bread so minor victories but even after salad and meat, I still feel uncomfortable. Maybe I just feel more huge because I regained some weight and even the slightest post-eating belly bulge makes my clothes tight? IDK but it must be reversed!!

I don't know how it is in your DH's field but my field takes FOREVER to complete the interview process. And there are some places that require you interview a certain amount of people first so maybe they are just having trouble scheduling or something. Another hold up could be with their finance or HR groups finding the time for everyone to get together for decisions or proposals on salary or whatever. It is vacation and start of school time so it might just be the timing. don't give up hope!!!

Ok I just have the reception tonight to get through. I'll try to keep it low carb but I'm sure I will have a drink or two which we all know lowers inhibitions...
Old 09-12-2017, 04:59 PM   #53
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes!

Vlo you look like Bettie Page mixed with Natalie Wood in your new photo! Stunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
I don't know how it is in your DH's field but my field takes FOREVER to complete the interview process. And there are some places that require you interview a certain amount of people first so maybe they are just having trouble scheduling or something. Another hold up could be with their finance or HR groups finding the time for everyone to get together for decisions or proposals on salary or whatever. It is vacation and start of school time so it might just be the timing. don't give up hope!!!
Couldn't echo this more. BTW, DH didn't hear back for over 3 weeks about the job he ended up getting - he had to send an email and then got a random phone call from one of the recruiting people, like "oh yeah, I'll send over the offer" :facepalm:

And to Phoenix - ugh, it's just the pits trying to re-start or do well when you're in those work or work conference type settings. I also wouldn't be surprised if the food they're serving is FULL of sodium and sugar (even in the meat), and that's why you might still feel bloated despite LC'ing.

I am in the same boat - have not gotten it together yet this week. But I'm sick of feeling bad/tired/bloated, and work is not going anywhere, so I'm just going to have to suck it up and JUDDD while having crazy workloads.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:00 AM   #54
Carly

Hi All!

It seems like a lot of us struggling... I've been so much hungrier than usual. I'm really not sure what is causing this spike in hunger. The only thing I can think of was a combo getting the cold, TOM and not sleeping well, but I feel like the hunger was increasing before that. My sleeping has been generally terrible for a while though.

My parents got their power back late yesterday so that is good. DW has shingles, so she is not feeling that great, but not feeling terrible either.

Well, I'm sure for me, this spike in hunger will pass, but it's concerning at the moment. It's always strange when the "rules" seem to change out of the blue.

Back to work! TTYL.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:19 AM   #55
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Hi All!

It seems like a lot of us struggling... I've been so much hungrier than usual. I'm really not sure what is causing this spike in hunger. The only thing I can think of was a combo getting the cold, TOM and not sleeping well, but I feel like the hunger was increasing before that. My sleeping has been generally terrible for a while though.

My parents got their power back late yesterday so that is good. DW has shingles, so she is not feeling that great, but not feeling terrible either.

Well, I'm sure for me, this spike in hunger will pass, but it's concerning at the moment. It's always strange when the "rules" seem to change out of the blue.

Back to work! TTYL.
UGH so sorry for DW with shingles!!! ouch. I know several people that have had it and heard it is really painful. BTW I just heard yesterday the FDA approved a new vaccine for shingles that is apparently VERY effective- and it has in it a component from my company (the adjuvant for any of you geeks out there) so we are especially proud.

Do you think the hunger might have something to do with the time of the year? I always feel that my hunger increases with the change in light/weather.

I'm back home now - successfully fasted for 24 hours with the plane ride but I did eat when I get home but just with one short period of fasting I already feel better. I'm hoping to do the same thing today- fast til dinner. Would love to make it a real DD but I'm not going to beat myself up if it ends up as a MD. Tomorrow will be a three-peat of the plan but I'll be getting together with DC and its "date night" so I'm just going with whatever. I know a lot of us say this but when I finally get in a good longer term (as in longer than just skipping one meal) fasting time, I ALWAYS feel better and wonder why it seems so hard to get back in to it? I'm half working at home today so it might be a challenge not to graze but poor DP was in the kennel for 5 days so my strategy is every time I feel the urge to eat before dinner, I'll bring him for a walk . I am pretty sure he will be ok with that.

I'm looking out my window and seeing yellow leaves. It seems too early to be seeing the leaves changing color. But to end on a more mushy note- thanks to DC this has been one of my best summers in a long time not just the part but being with someone who equally loves being outdoors and taking advantage of the season really makes a big difference
Old 09-14-2017, 08:04 AM   #56
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 69
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Phoenix, I am so happy for you.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:16 AM   #57
Carly

Phoenix- I'm so happy to hear this update about DC. Yes, I think it's possible that the hunger could be related to the decrease in sun light. I'm very effected by the shorting daylight.

DW is being a trooper, but I know she doesn't feel well and the medication the MD gave her is making her tired. I asked her why the MD didn't give her the shingles vaccination when she went the other day, but I'm guessing this episode needs to pass before she can get vaccinated.

I am still battling this cold. It just won't quit. My colleague has had the cold for over 3 weeks and just said she thinks it's finally going away. I wanted to call out so badly this morning, but I got my butt out of bed and on to the 6am train... I normally take the 5:36am.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:54 AM   #58
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I wanted to call out so badly this morning, but I got my butt out of bed and on to the 6am train... I normally take the 5:36am.
THATS being a trooper!! yuck - hope you both feel better soon!!

So I stepped on the scale... admittedly this was after drinking water and coffee so increase in liquids but I'm up TEN pounds since taking those antibiotics!! Seriously that's ridiculous . that's like 10 lbs in 3-4 weeks. How is that even possible? I was most definitely not gorging myself during that time in fact I even had some (admittedly inconsistent) DD's and MD's!! I just did a little quick on-line research and there are lots of articles out there about weight gain and antibiotics so I'll definitely be focusing a lot on rebuilding my gut bacteria over the coming weeks. Maybe some of it is just water weight too of course after that conference and traveling.
So far today I've had only black coffee. I'll not be able to do a zero day but dinner will start with pickles and include sauerkraut. Lets see how long it takes to get rid of this.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:33 PM   #59
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
THATS being a trooper!! yuck - hope you both feel better soon!!

So I stepped on the scale... admittedly this was after drinking water and coffee so increase in liquids but I'm up TEN pounds since taking those antibiotics!! Seriously that's ridiculous . that's like 10 lbs in 3-4 weeks. How is that even possible? I was most definitely not gorging myself during that time in fact I even had some (admittedly inconsistent) DD's and MD's!! I just did a little quick on-line research and there are lots of articles out there about weight gain and antibiotics so I'll definitely be focusing a lot on rebuilding my gut bacteria over the coming weeks. Maybe some of it is just water weight too of course after that conference and traveling.
So far today I've had only black coffee. I'll not be able to do a zero day but dinner will start with pickles and include sauerkraut. Lets see how long it takes to get rid of this.
Oh no! Now I don't even want to go to urgent care to find out if this is a sinus infection, because I think they will give me antibiotics even if they aren't really sure- yikes!

Old 09-15-2017, 06:21 AM   #60
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Did I scare everyone off?

Down 2 lbs after a mostly successful DD. It wasn't as low as I would like - ended up with a yogurt at the end of the day which increased calories and carbs but thats OK. I just love the Fage brand of greek yogurt. Strategy today is more of the same.

I have the news on the TV as is my habit in the morning and I just have to comment that it is difficult to watch it these days. The explosion on the train in London, the missile launch from N. Korea and just the local news talking about violence on the streets. Makes me want to be a hermit, somewhere far away.

sorry don't mean to be morose-it is a Friday after all! Trying to decide what to do over the weekend - I have so much to do at home but its going to be a nice weekend and I'm thinking I should take advantage of it for kayaking/swimming/hiking. so easy to want to default to play time!! What about everyone else? any good late summer plans?