Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-09-2017, 08:49 PM   #31
penguinpower
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
Glad to hear you can order those crusts, Nigel. I'd absolutely do that if our stores didn't carry them.

No cooking today. We went to Jason's Deli and enjoyed their terrific salad bar. I was a tad disappointed that they no longer have kalamata olives on the salad bar, but they did have some really good Queen green olives instead.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2017, 10:50 AM   #32
Nigel
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
I've never been to Jason's Deli even though I drive right past one when I go to SA. Glad to hear they have a salad bar. Bummer about the olives.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:09 AM   #33
Nigel
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tonight =

Boca cheeseburger
Baked Potato done on the grill
fresh corn on the cob
Old 09-10-2017, 07:45 PM   #34
jem51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Leftover black bean soup with avocado cream and a salad.

I whipped up some date paste, although it's probably thinner than paste. I'm wanting to make some bbq sauce and a few other things that go well with that caramel flavor.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:44 PM   #35
penguinpower
Senior LCF Member

The Jason's Deli salad bar is very good, Nigel, and they have some vegetarian soups and sandwiches as well. We don't go often, but we always enjoy it when we go.

Nothing exciting foodwise today. Had a kind of lazy day, watched some football and a lot of hurricane coverage I made some cauliflower "wings" and oven fries and we finished up some leftover hummus and baba ganouj, with a bunch of kalamata olives since I had been deprived of them yesterday lol.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:47 PM   #36
Nigel
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lol penguinpower.....I would have done the same thing if I was deprived of my olives too

Tonight=
Wife is having shepherd's pie

I am having spinach and cheese tamales (I found them at Sprouts, so I hope they are good)
I'm adding faux chili and some shredded cheese on top of them and calling it good.
Mondays are generally easy food days for me.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:34 PM   #37
jem51
Major LCF Poster!

I decided to make this 'pulled' eggplant and used the GF grill. You just cook the halves until soft and then scoop them out.

I mixed in the bbq sauce and used an Alvarado sprouted bun with avo spread.

Honestly it would just be easier to grill eggplant slices and make a sandwich with bbq sauce or whatever. Next time......
Old 09-12-2017, 04:12 AM   #38
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo
Just had to share this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MpL1KfYEJg

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:12 PM   #39
penguinpower
Senior LCF Member

DH took me out to lunch today and we had a yummy mushroom stroganoff. I've tried to make this at home, and I come close, but I can't quite get it. I'll have to keep trying. It's a long drive to that restaurant.

So we weren't really hungry for dinner and I just made a Hugh Jass salad. I'll be leaving on Friday for a week and did some cooking for the freezer so the hubster won't starve - made a batch of Lentil/Walnut burgers, and a big pot of Ethiopian Spicy Tomato Lentils with the leftover lentils. I held back on the hot spice because I'm planning to give some to my mom and she doesn't do hot. My first time making that recipe, and it tastes pretty good. I had printed it out quite a while ago and can't remember which site had it.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:48 PM   #40
jem51
Major LCF Poster!

One of my standby meals is curried chick peas and cauliflower. It's a cheater Indian dish.
I just saute onion, garlic, ginger than add chick peas, cauliflower and coconut milk. I usually add a little bit of pepper flakes and smoked paprika, as well but it's not necessary.

That's dinner for a couple days with the last of the black bean soup in between.

PP, that meal prep sounds good.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:23 PM   #41
Nigel
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post

That's pretty wild Dottie. I cant help but think that it tastes nothing like a pizza though, more like a pile of cucumbers. Am I right?

He ate it with his hands and I could see the liquid falling through...kinda not my thing when using silverware is a perfectly vegan or raw vegan tool. lol (for me anyway)

I liked watching the video though.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:26 PM   #42
Nigel
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

penguinpower, I have tried making mushroom stroganoff and I didn't like it, even though I followed the recipe exactly and I do like mushrooms.

Tonight I'm having pizza just cuz I'm still tired from going to SA yesterday. And pizza is easy cuz I bought the crusts.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:52 PM   #43
penguinpower
Senior LCF Member

I'm in Michigan right now - gosh, it's a beautiful state! I am planning to visit Mackinac Island while I'm here, and the "concierge" type gal suggested I wait until Wednesday or Thursday because tomorrow is supposed to be 70ish here, and the island runs about 15 degrees cooler, so it could be kinda brisk. They're expecting unseasonable warmth to return on Wednesday so it might be more comfortable she said.

I brought some food with me, and I have a full kitchen here so I've been eating easy stuff. Tonight was a can of Progresso vegetable soup with added frozen green beans and brown rice. I was hungry from walking around all day, and it really tasted good. In my travels I found a nice local co-op where they had Japanese sweet potatoes for $2.29/#. When I am able to find them at home they are $2.99 or $3.49, so that's a bargain. I might have to hit that co-op again before I go home and buy 10# or so as my 'souvenir' lol.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:01 PM   #44
penguinpower
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
penguinpower, I have tried making mushroom stroganoff and I didn't like it, even though I followed the recipe exactly and I do like mushrooms.
Same here, Nigel! There's a restaurant chain here called Doublewide Grill and they have the only vegan mushroom stroganoff that I've liked, and I LOVE mushrooms! I've tried an number of recipes that I either didn't like or just felt "meh" about. Doublewide's mushroom stroganoff was named the best vegan dish in the local restaurant competition. I have come close to duplicating it but I'm definitely missing something...gotta keep trying!