Originally Posted by michaeldpotter View Post
10/1/17 242.6
10/2/17 243.9
10/3/17 242.7
10/4/17 242.6
10/5/17 242.6
10/6/17 241.3
10/7/17 241.8

Well, replacing a few boards on my deck turned into pull half the deck up to replace a beam that was totally rotted. I'm glad we found it though because it was in really bad shape.

Unfortunately, that meant I ate late and hours outside my eating window, so that is probably why I went up a little bit yesterday. I didn't anything 'bad' just outside that window.

Doing some exercising this morning with my son... of my second amendment rights.

After we get done with that, we'll start putting the deck back together.

Hope your weekend is starting off great LC Peeps!
Why was the doubled joist the one that rotted out on you? (Is that right? I couldn't tell from the picture exactly what you have there.)

Have you gotten your reloading station set up yet? Sure is fun!

GG, I forgot to answer your 25# question. It took me about 5 weeks also, Rock Star that I am, wink wink....

(HA! more like a Mineral Star, since I spend so much time with Lead!) But I, just like the REEEAL Star just above mentioned, I started out with lots more to lose than you posted.

The KETO Friendly Clinic I go to, advised me to shoot for 1 to 2 pounds a week, which I believe is very doable. I went over that for 7 months, and it was pretty easy....but the last 2 months I've had to step up my game significantly to lose 10 a month. For October, I've dropped 10 as a goal and instead, just intend to stick to Plan Perfection as much as possible. But I may lower my target calories by a couple hunnert....from 1500 to 1300. We'll see....

Just keep at it, and and keep posting your weigh-ins. The accountability is priceless.

And unless your Bible Study wimmens are all skinny as rails, they will soon start asking you what the heck you are doing anyhow! BE PREPARED! And if you actually TELL THEM, you'll get The Stink Eye from most of them. The established orthodoxy regarding FAT stubbornly lives on in the vast majority, even from Yo Yo Dieters who just think they just must be the exceptions. Oh, They SOOO aren't....

(Re-read that last paragraph a few times. It's good advice, even coming from me!!!)

(I must have wandered into a moment of temporary lucidity, where I totally agree with myself! Lucky Day!!)

(Think I'll go buy a lottery ticket!!)

Michael and I have laughed about how we are glad we AREN'T in each other's Bible Studies, or we would just giggle like schoolgirls about guns, KETO, and new jeans, and never get to the topic.
Goldwingnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2017, 08:36 AM   #122
Goldwingnut
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goldwingnut
Stats: 322/185/185
WOE: LCHF w/I.F.
Start Date: Dec 29, 2016
Terri, I think your body might just be fighting you, to keep the fuel tanks topped off for the Winter.

It's a lot of work, storing all that energy. You just need to convince your cells to Breathe In........ Breath Out....... RELAAAAAAAX....... It's gonna be OKAY, guys. We aren't gonna starve, I promise.

I watched a terrific video just last night where they showed some clips of the BONK that happens to endurance athletes when they run out of fuel and their muscles compete with VITAL BRAIN FUNCTIONS for some fuel...ANY FUEL!!!.... FIGHTING!!!!.....just for basic survival.

It's very clear, and SOOOoooo good to know!

If you wanna look, its Cereal Killers, Part 2 and it's about an Hour of Sheer Wisdom. It's on the Die It Dock Tor website, but you might have to join. Dunno.... (I got in trouble for posting hotlinks to the above site, and I don't wanna get banned. So.) Might try Vimeo.

But your Mojo is back. Roller Coaster or no, just Keep A Hammerin' at it.

You'll figure this out, Terri. I'm convinced of it!
Old 10-07-2017, 08:51 AM   #123
LowCarbAng
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbAng
Stats: 300/299/195
WOE: LCHF, Keto, IF
Start Date: Jan 1, 2017
Quote:
10/1/17 242.6
10/2/17 243.9
10/3/17 242.7
10/4/17 242.6
10/5/17 242.6
10/6/17 241.3
10/7/17 241.8

Well, replacing a few boards on my deck turned into pull half the deck up to replace a beam that was totally rotted. I'm glad we found it though because it was in really bad shape.

Unfortunately, that meant I ate late and hours outside my eating window, so that is probably why I went up a little bit yesterday. I didn't anything 'bad' just outside that window.

Doing some exercising this morning with my son... of my second amendment rights.

After we get done with that, we'll start putting the deck back together.

Hope your weekend is starting off great LC Peeps!
how do you add pics w/o a URL? thanks
LowCarbAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:01 AM   #124
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
Every one is doing good. Looks like fasting{No matter what type Is working for u .
. I'm doing 5 day fast{.Starting today.
I want to see if I can do it again{Once I did 6
The only thing,I have to watch is I exersice and I detox with sauna and steam room and that seems to be the hardest part. So might just have to take the sauna and steam room shorter time.Or None.
And I will most likely have to have broth to help me do 5 days.
Wish me luck> I might need a hand. and tell me I can.
Please.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:12 AM   #125
LowCarbAng
Senior LCF Member

9/30 295
10/1 294.4 burger, stuffed mushroom, baby-back ribs, veggies, HaloTop ice cream
10/2 292.4 shake, protein snack pack, sausage w/SF BBQ sauce
10/3 292.5 (planned) shake, rib meat w/SF BBQ sauce, broccoli, protein snack pack (Oscar Meyer), turkey/cheese, 2 grapes
10/4 292.3 pork rib meat w/BBQ sauce, zoodle spaghetti w/Rao's sauce (LC tomato sauce), 3 meatballs
10/5 292 shake, zoodle spaghetti w/Rao's sauce, 3 meatballs,
10/6 293.6 salad w/ranch, grilled seafood w/butter, 2 biscuits (bad!), 2 fried shrimp
10/7 294.5

Its the bad dinner. Fasting as long as possible today. If DH and I don't go out then I'll be fine. Fast36 maybe We will see...I'm feeling pretty hungry right now from yesterday's bad eating likely. Besides yesterday...WHY am I not losing? Can't figure it out yet unless I'm just slow to start this time...need a good ATKINS induction week. Also, I really need a good BM...where is the poop emoji???

Our Chinese guests arrive this week so its a BIG house cleaning today. Its CLEAN because DH is a cleaning rock star but its just cluttery from life. I'm also going to put up all our fall décor to spruce up the place.

GG, if you are new to low carb it will likely come off faster. Most of us realize when you start over and over again it just takes longer each time. And/Or we are just OLDER and so our body has become more stubborn. I eat keto. I fast 16/8 which means I fast from dinner through lunch the next day and then eat lunch and dinner. Its the only way I lose now. I adjust foods/fasting/etc when I see my body needs it. I miss a few specific foods so I make my own keto friendly. Like crackers; I make my own crackers with almond flour. Yes, snack cravings will decrease. You might even forget to eat.

Stan thanks for the laughs. Yes, NO ONE wants to hear how we lose weight. "Oh my I couldn't do that!" The ones that make me sad is those that are struggling with illness and when I suggest they are like, "I can't give up bread or chocolate" or whatever. So, instead they would rather continue with their pain and suffering for a little bread. Actually I think that shows TRUE addition to carbs.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:43 AM   #126
gregsgirl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gregsgirl
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: October 2, 2017
October 2, 2017 218 pounds
October 3, 2017 216.5 pounds
October 4, 2017 213.5 pounds
October 5, 2017 210.5 pounds
October 6, 2017 209.9 pounds
October 7, 2017 210.5 pounds

Good morning!

Thanks for all of the responses.

Stan: Your posts make me smile! I can tell you must be quite the character.
Thanks for all of the information on the Super 48 fast. I am going to tuck that away for now until I actually feel like I could go an entire day without food. LOL.

Holly: I am not quite ready to give up 2 of my 3 meals just yet but I do notice that I get full much quicker and my meals are becoming smaller. A couple of years ago my husband followed the Atkins plan and he did the same. He just wasn't hungry. I am curious to see if that will ever happen with me.

Terri: I jumped on that small roller coaster with you this morning! Right at the part where we are going up! But, I am guessing it is because I chose to eat dinner at 8:30pm instead of at my normal 6pm. I am trying not to take in much food late at night. But, last night I ate the best chicken fajitas right before bed time. Eat and learn! (I did not eat anything off of my induction list so it was a win for me!)

Stan: Back to you again, I am not afraid of the stink eye! LOL. I know there are a lot of people that do not agree with this plan. But, there are many that do! I am sticking with them. Trust me, some of us act up in our Bible Study group too. It is a challenge to put 15 women in a room and not have lots of things to laugh and talk about that doesn't even involve the Bible Study topic.
But, we do fit our Jesus time in!

Angela: I wish I knew how to post pictures too. I will be watching for instructions also. How exciting to host your Chinese guests. I am new to this plan. I tried it once before but I couldn't stick to it. But, this time I will do it. I suspect my son is going to propose to his girlfriend very soon and I am not going to be the fat person in the pictures. That is part of my motivation. The other part is that I just want to be healthy and feel good.

Kind: You can do it! I am happy to cheer you on. 5 days is impressive! You have already proven you can rock the fast. Now, just repeat it!

Michael: Good luck with your deck!

Well, I have procrastinated my house cleaning long enough!
I am going to get off here, cook my family a meal and start that cleaning.
I hope you all have blessed day!
gregsgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:44 AM   #127
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
I think That people when they say ,They can not up up Bread or really any thing. {Or to lose weight and so on. Is That They Do Not Want to. For if u really want to u will.
It takes a long time to lose weight and keep it off and just make changes.
U have to find what works for you.
And at times you may find that it is Not just one plan ,it may be couple put Together.
I have to book by>Dr. Fung and It is such a great book. Worth getting.
Just remember that the scale is just a tool .Do not let it rule u or throw u off when it goes up{Like it does me.
When you start, know it will be a long road. But at the end {No matter how long and hard that road is.It will be the best road you took. So go for it. In the end, u may find a healthier you .
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:21 AM   #128
Parisfox
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 264/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Repeat Offender!
10/01...251.6
10/02...251.0
10/03...251.8...Was on plan, but ate too much.
10/04...250.4
10/05...250.2
10/06...249.4
10/07...251.4...That's what eating a cantaloupe can do. Nibbled on it all day. Never again.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all our Canadian friends. Laura...Good luck with the dressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsgirl View Post
I am sorry about the double post last night. I am a newbie to the message board way of life. I spent an hour trying to figure out how to delete it and then I just gave up! Please feel free to advise me!
GG...If that happens again, just click on the Edit button at the bottom of one of the posts, highlight everything....then delete the words and type in "Sorry...Double Post". Then save it. Hope that helps.

Gotta run....KUTGW everyone.

"I may give in, but I'll never give up!!"...

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:22 AM   #129
susan46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susan46
Stats: 256/211/150
WOE: High fat, low carb, moderate protein
Start Date: April 2016
10/01---213
10/02---212
10/04---212
10/06---211
10/07---211

And it took me 5-6 months (not weeks) to lose 25 pounds.

Last edited by susan46; 10-07-2017 at 10:25 AM..
susan46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:45 AM   #130
Goldwingnut
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan46 View Post

And it took me 5-6 months (not weeks) to lose 25 pounds.
Ok.

BUT YOU DID IT!!!!!

That's what matters.....
Old 10-07-2017, 10:56 AM   #131
LetItGo
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LetItGo
Stats: 245/173/150
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Started LCHF April 1, 2017
10/1 - 170
10/2 - 171.6
10/3 - 171.6
10/4 - 172.6
10/5 - 171.2
10/6 - 171
10/7 - 171.6

Good morning, looks like everyone's pretty perky today.
Went to avocado festival yesterday after work and ate my way up one side and down the other. All lc stuff but... The best treat of all was the avocado shrimp cocktail, which is exactly what it sounds like, shrimp cocktail with avocado! Then there's the tri-tip sandwhich booth (I got it lettuce wrapped) and finally the awesome sausage booth. Whee! I was stuffed and more than ready to start the Fast 48 My poor tummy is still gurgling! Ang so exciting to have your foreign guests! OK back to the cleaning.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:06 AM   #132
susan46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Ok.

BUT YOU DID IT!!!!!

That's what matters.....
Yup. And an annual rate of 50 pounds would be excellent for me.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:13 PM   #133
Parisfox
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 264/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Repeat Offender!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbAng View Post
how do you add pics w/o a URL? thanks
Ang...When you are writing your post, there is a line of icons above the box you write in. In the same place as the B for bold. 4th from the right is an icon that looks a little like an envelope. Hover over it and it should say, "Insert Image." Click on that and it will let you upload an image/picture from your computer. Hope this helps. All the little icons do different things.

"I may give in, but I'll never give up!!"...

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:47 PM   #134
LowCarbAng
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
I think That people when they say ,They can not up up Bread or really any thing. {Or to lose weight and so on. Is That They Do Not Want to. For if u really want to u will.
It takes a long time to lose weight and keep it off and just make changes.
U have to find what works for you.
And at times you may find that it is Not just one plan ,it may be couple put Together.
I have to book by>Dr. Fung and It is such a great book. Worth getting.
Just remember that the scale is just a tool .Do not let it rule u or throw u off when it goes up{Like it does me.
When you start, know it will be a long road. But at the end {No matter how long and hard that road is.It will be the best road you took. So go for it. In the end, u may find a healthier you .
me some Dr. Fung!
Old 10-07-2017, 03:47 PM   #135
gregsgirl
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisfox View Post
You guys gotta try this. I had it at my DD's and it is FABULOUS!! Her family had it over fettuccini and Sheri and I had it over steamed cauliflower. She used raw chicken breasts, cut in chunks and cooked. I'm going to try it with some rotisserie chicken breasts that I have in my freezer.

The Best Alfredo Sauce—EVER

Sauce Ingredients

1/2 cup butter
1 pint heavy whipping cream (2 cups)
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup grated parmesan cheese

Sauce Instructions

In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted. Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated parmesan cheese.

Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Toss it with your favorite pasta…or serve over cooked cauliflower or cauli-rice!

Chicken Alfredo
Cut chunks of chicken. If raw, cook in large skillet until done. Or use chopped rotisserie chicken. Add chicken chunks to the Alfredo Sauce and stir. Serve over pasta OR cooked cauliflower or cauli-rice.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Yum!
Thank you for sharing this recipe! I just baked a casserole dish full of chicken breasts and made this sauce on the side. I let everyone cover the chicken with the amount of sauce they liked. It was fantastic. I could have honestly eaten it with a spoon. It was also good on my green beans. It was a filling meal.

It is definitely a new favorite for my family. Thanks again!

Last edited by gregsgirl; 10-07-2017 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: Hit submit before i was finished!
Old 10-07-2017, 03:49 PM   #136
LowCarbAng
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetItGo View Post
Good morning, looks like everyone's pretty perky today.
Went to avocado festival yesterday after work and ate my way up one side and down the other. All lc stuff but... The best treat of all was the avocado shrimp cocktail, which is exactly what it sounds like, shrimp cocktail with avocado! Then there's the tri-tip sandwhich booth (I got it lettuce wrapped) and finally the awesome sausage booth. Whee! I was stuffed and more than ready to start the Fast 48 My poor tummy is still gurgling! Ang so exciting to have your foreign guests! OK back to the cleaning.
Avocado Fest sounds amazing! I Avocado!!!! When I make a burger I always eat it with avocado and then a little of the burger to go with it
Old 10-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #137
LowCarbAng
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisfox View Post
Ang...When you are writing your post, there is a line of icons above the box you write in. In the same place as the B for bold. 4th from the right is an icon that looks a little like an envelope. Hover over it and it should say, "Insert Image." Click on that and it will let you upload an image/picture from your computer. Hope this helps. All the little icons do different things.
Thanks Judy! I found it. Now I need an image resizer.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:21 PM   #138
groovygiirl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: groovygiirl
Stats: 320/241.0/220
Start Date: Aug 11 2016
Oct 1 - 241.0
Oct 2 - 242.4
Oct 3 - 242.4
Oct 4 - 241.8
Oct 5 - 240.4
Oct 6 - 241.0
Oct 7 - 242.0

Goals for October: 235 | 229
groovygiirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:34 PM   #139
Bronwyn
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bronwyn
Stats: 242/184.5/150 (first goal)
I was at a work-related conference for a couple of days and ate well until yesterday. Co-worker craved PF Changs so I ate the chicken lettuce wraps. That triggered something in me and my body feels bruised though I have no bruising. Today I attended another co-workers wedding in a barn-like setting and got the mad itch from the hay bales and hay floor. Now my face is swollen and one cheek is bruised like I've been punched. I won't weigh until Monday and hope to up my water the next few days.
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:39 PM   #140
susan46
Senior LCF Member

So sorry about your hay reaction. I wonder if the happy couple thought at all that some guests might be allergic. I probably wouldn't have been able to breathe.

About the asian food---that stuff (all types) contains a myriad of additives, none of them good. Not just huge sodium amounts. Fortunately, I'm not a big fan.

Hope you feel better by morning.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:06 AM   #141
Goldwingnut
Senior LCF Member

10/01/2017.. 198.4
10/02/2017.. 198.7
10/03/2017.. 197.9
10/04/2017.. 197.3
10/05/2017.. 199.0
10/06/2017.. 198.2
10/07/2017.. 196.0
10/08/2017.. 194.1 Completely bogus number....but FUN to type!

If I could net a third of that on this installment if the Fast 48, I'd be a pretty happy camper.

Gotta run. Really oughta get to the gym before Church.

Have the best Sunday ever!
Old 10-08-2017, 05:41 AM   #142
LetItGo
Senior LCF Member

10/1 - 170
10/2 - 171.6
10/3 - 171.6
10/4 - 172.6
10/5 - 171.2
10/6 - 171
10/7 - 171.6
10/8 - 170.4

Good morning all!
Old 10-08-2017, 06:55 AM   #143
michaeldpotter
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michaeldpotter
Stats: 283/234/200
WOE: LC/HF with IF
Start Date: June 2017
10/1/17 242.6
10/2/17 243.9
10/3/17 242.7
10/4/17 242.6
10/5/17 242.6
10/6/17 241.3
10/7/17 241.8
10/8/17 240.5

That's better.

I signed up for a 5K training program. It starts November 4th. I've done 5Ks before, but I was much heavier when I started the training. I'm hoping that being lighter will make it easier and less painful. We'll see!
Old 10-08-2017, 07:22 AM   #144
eatbaconloseweight
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 360/217.4/199
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: January 8, 2017
10.1 231.7
10.2 230.6
10.3 229.1
10.4 228.0
10.5 227.3
10.6 228.4
10.7 226.9
10.8 226.6
Old 10-08-2017, 09:05 AM   #145
Goldwingnut
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
10/1/17 242.6
10/2/17 243.9
10/3/17 242.7
10/4/17 242.6
10/5/17 242.6
10/6/17 241.3
10/7/17 241.8
10/8/17 240.5

That's better.

I signed up for a 5K training program. It starts November 4th. I've done 5Ks before, but I was much heavier when I started the training. I'm hoping that being lighter will make it easier and less painful. We'll see!
Pretty sure you'll see positive results....

I don't believe exercise has had a BIG impact on my weight loss...YMMV... But its a GREAT thing for every other part of life. You have to watch for joint injuries, shin splints, etc...with running. But you ready know that.

If you add lean muscle mass, and keep to your WOE, you absolutely will boost your weight loss, and you'll feel better, to boot!

I might even feel like being nice to you sometimes, knowing how bad your knees will hurt you in 20 years.
Naaaaah.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:09 AM   #146
LJ-LC
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LJ-LC
Stats: 268.8/228.6/168
WOE: General LC
Start Date: July 15 2017
Oct 1/17 242.2
Oct 2/17 241.8
Oct 3/17 240.8
Oct 4/17 241.2
Oct 5/17 241.2
Oct 6/17 241.2
Oct 8/17 240.2 ...... so close!

Turkey day is in the books, my dressing was a hit. My hubby veered a bit off plan, but he can usually get away with it. I had turkey, turnip and Brussels sprouts with bacon and butter. Avoided the pumpkin pie and Apple streusel and ate the sugar free pudding I brought with me. Too full, but have been OMAD lately, so that will be it for today.

Have a great Sunday all!

Don't blame the butter for what the bread did!

40 lbs lost November 13/17
30 lbs lost October 13/17
20 lbs lost September 1/17
10 lbs lost August 5/17
start July 15/17
LJ-LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:15 AM   #147
LowCarbAng
Senior LCF Member

9/30 295
10/1 294.4 burger, stuffed mushroom, baby-back ribs, veggies, HaloTop ice cream
10/2 292.4 shake, protein snack pack, sausage w/SF BBQ sauce
10/3 292.5 (planned) shake, rib meat w/SF BBQ sauce, broccoli, protein snack pack (Oscar Meyer), turkey/cheese, 2 grapes
10/4 292.3 pork rib meat w/BBQ sauce, zoodle spaghetti w/Rao's sauce (LC tomato sauce), 3 meatballs
10/5 292 shake, zoodle spaghetti w/Rao's sauce, 3 meatballs,
10/6 293.6 salad w/ranch, grilled seafood w/butter, 2 biscuits (bad!), 2 fried shrimp
10/7 294.5 Cauliflour pepperoni pizza, burger w/avocado and dipping veggies w/ranch
10/8 DNW (just forgot)

Doing well. I've discovered a new product. OMG they are the bomb!!! Cauliflour (spelled "flour) is a company online that sells cauliflower pizza crusts but can be used for so much more! Next I'm making a quesadilla.
All natural project. A bit expensive but worth it. We don't eat this stuff daily so worth it.

Feeling good! I also forgot to do the ketostix. I'll do that tomorrow morning to if I remember. This is a good thing. I don't want to be worrying about food and weight but just life.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:13 PM   #148
LetItGo
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ-LC View Post
Oct 1/17 242.2
Oct 2/17 241.8
Oct 3/17 240.8
Oct 4/17 241.2
Oct 5/17 241.2
Oct 6/17 241.2
Oct 8/17 240.2 ...... so close!

Turkey day is in the books, my dressing was a hit. My hubby veered a bit off plan, but he can usually get away with it. I had turkey, turnip and Brussels sprouts with bacon and butter. Avoided the pumpkin pie and Apple streusel and ate the sugar free pudding I brought with me. Too full, but have been OMAD lately, so that will be it for today.

Have a great Sunday all!
Great job LJ
Happy Thanksgiving
Old 10-08-2017, 02:46 PM   #149
gregsgirl
Senior LCF Member

October 2, 2017 218 pounds
October 3, 2017 216.5 pounds
October 4, 2017 213.5 pounds
October 5, 2017 210.5 pounds
October 6, 2017 209.9 pounds
October 7, 2017 210.5 pounds
October 8, 2017 209.3 pounds

Happy Sunday everyone!

It is a beautiful day here in Oklahoma. I really should get out of the house and enjoy it but I have so much to do around here. After years of being a stay at home Mom I struggle with keeping everything up around the house now that I work full time. You would think after 14 months of employment I would figure it out but I haven't. It just seems to me that weekends should be spent doing fun stuff not cleaning house, grocery shopping and all of the other adult responsibilities.

I just finished some meal prep for the week. My husband and my daughter, Sarah, are on this journey too. I am hoping this will help keep us all on track and provide us a good meal when we are on the go. (Sarah is in college and works full time, my other daughter, Sydney, and my youngest son, Shane, play sports for competitive teams) We are rarely home in the evening.

Here is what I made.

Breakfast Muffins

12 eggs
1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese (Divided between the 12 portions)
6 slices of bacon
6 slices of Canadian bacon
1 green pepper
1 can of mushrooms
Pam cooking spray
Salsa

Spray your muffin pan with Pam cooking spray.
Whisk 12 eggs in a bowl.
Microwave your bacon.
Dice green pepper and Canadian bacon and bacon.

Then, pour the egg mixture into the muffin pans.
Add your choice of bacon or Canadian bacon to each muffin cup.
Add green peppers to each muffin cup.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with salsa if preferred.

Egg Salad

12 eggs
4 ounces of cream cheese
1/2 cup of mayo
Mustard
2 stalks of celery
Optional: Leaf lettuce or low carb tortilla

Boil eggs, dice celery and once eggs are cooled, peel and dice the eggs.
Add eggs, mayo, a little mustard, cream cheese and celery to a bowl and mix.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve spread on leaf lettuce or on a low carb tortilla.

Beef Stroganoff in a Crock Pot

2 lbs round steak
1 can of beef broth
1 can of water
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp of garlic salt
1 can of mushrooms
1 cup of sour cream

Cut steak into strips, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
Add to crock pot. Pour can of beef broth and one can of water over the steak.
Cook on low for 6 hours or until tender.
Then, add the mushrooms and cook another 20 minutes. Turn off the crockpot and stir in sour cream. Serve.

Lebanon Bologna and Cream Cheese Rolls
1 pound of sliced Lebanon bologna
1 8oz block of cream cheese
Spread cream cheese on each slice of Lebanon bologna and roll up.
Refrigerate. Serve.

Hamburger Patties

1 lb of ground beef
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
1 tablespoon of Montreal Steak Seasoning
Salt and Pepper

Mix ingredients together and form into hamburger patties. Throw them on the grill.

Finally, I just sliced up some veggies for a salad and I am done!

Now, it is time to finish the laundry, which never seems to end.
And, time to talk the hubby into taking me to a movie tonight.
Has anyone seen, "The Mountain Between Us?"

I hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

***I do not take any credit for any of these recipes. They are just things I have seen and tweaked to my family's preferences or recipes in the family.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:34 PM   #150
michaeldpotter
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michaeldpotter
Stats: 283/234/200
WOE: LC/HF with IF
Start Date: June 2017
Quote:
Why was the doubled joist the one that rotted out on you? (Is that right? I couldn't tell from the picture exactly what you have there.)
It looks like what happened is that they put the double joist right next to each other, with no gap, and the water was never passing through, it would get trapped and never dry out.

When we put it back, we purposely put about a quarter inch gap between them so that the water could run right out the bottom.

Quote:
Have you gotten your reloading station set up yet? Sure is fun!
No, I'm sorry to say. I've got to allocate some time for that.

Quote:
Michael and I have laughed about how we are glad we AREN'T in each other's Bible Studies, or we would just giggle like schoolgirls about guns, KETO, and new jeans, and never get to the topic.
We don't need a bible study together to do this, 'cause we do it all the time anyway. hahahaha!