WOE: LC/HF with IF
Start Date: June 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylotte View Post
10/17 - 297.9 What?? I'll take it!
YYYYEEESSSS!! So awesome Charlotte!

Quote:
Michael - those cookies! Awesome! I'm jealous, I haven't ever ventured into cookie decorating but always wanted to. But well I guess safer for me not to. I love baking and EATING my goods so I'm avoiding anything other than making Birthday cakes for family members and holiday related treats. Next up is DHs Halloween birthday cake and some Halloween themed treats to send into the school for kids. After that I can avoid baking until Christmas. Phew. What where you making the cookies for?
Thanks! The football cookies were for a football party I went to no Sunday, the Star/Flag ones I made for my Citizens Police Academy class, and the Halloween ones are the ones we made at the decorating class I went to last Saturday. I'll probably make some more of those.

You should check around your area if you have a cake/cookie supply store and see if they have classes. The one around here is great!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2017, 08:31 AM   #302
michaeldpotter
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michaeldpotter
Stats: 283/234/200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhound View Post
Michael, your cookies look great. It's kind of fun to cook for others even when you're not eating anything (or much of anything).
Thanks! Yes, I like making them. It's kind of relaxing sitting there and doing the icing. Makes me slow down and be still. haha!
Old 10-17-2017, 08:33 AM   #303
michaeldpotter
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ-LC View Post
You too, we're twinsies! I did take my measurements though and have lost 1.5 inches in the waist and from the chest over the past month.
That is great!! I've stayed about the same on my waist measurements the last couple of weeks. I find it kind of difficult to get a real consistent measurement.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:33 AM   #304
Lylotte
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lylotte
Stats: This time around.. 355.5/281.7/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: This time around July 10, 2017
Michael - I live in a very small town.. not much industry other than the military around here. We have to go to the next town over for just about everything but.. come think of it there is a Michaels there.. maybe they do classes. My daughter would probably get a kick out of doing it with me. I'll look into it. Thanks! Also what is Citizen Police Academy class?

Started back again July 10
July: 17.1/17.1
Aug: 18.6/35.7
Sept:14.8/50.5
Oct: 17.1/67.6
Lylotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:40 AM   #305
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
Thanks, Terri and bloodhound.
It is that for 4.5 years of starting this road to health and weight loss, with some slips but not long or bad.It just took me down the bad road.I was not even going to get on scale. But I did*.3 lb gain.
So today 3-4 days of fasting. Plus,I have to reset my head and think>I have till Nov.1st for my weigh in and that will tell the story for how much i have lost for month.
I think also That maybe I'm just to fixed now on Numbers on the scale.
So all I can do is suck it up and do fasting As it works.
Also I like to Thank all for the surport as it helps{As you all know.
Thank you.
Ps. Terri, Now you have the fasting bug, Now let that bug keep biteing you and keep him. You are doing it. and as time goes on it gets easier.
Just do Not go close to that mountain and fall off like I did.
But I climbed out and ok now.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:41 AM   #306
michaeldpotter
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Also what is Citizen Police Academy class?
Here is the official description

The Citizen Police Academy (CPA) is a thirteen-week program designed to provide a working knowledge and background of the Wichita Police Department and Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office and to foster a closer relationship between our agencies and the community. It provides an avenue for community involvement and provides firsthand experience of policing.

It's been pretty awesome. I've really enjoyed learning all the different aspects, and doing the ride-a-longs. We are winding down, and I'm sad!
Old 10-17-2017, 08:53 AM   #307
Goldwingnut
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goldwingnut
Stats: 322/185/185
WOE: LCHF w/I.F.
Start Date: Dec 29, 2016
THERE ARE LESSONS TO BE LEARNED TODAY. (I hope I'm listening...)

10/01/2017.. 198.4
10/02/2017.. 198.7
10/03/2017.. 197.9
10/04/2017.. 197.3
10/05/2017.. 199.0
10/06/2017.. 198.2
10/07/2017.. 196.0
10/08/2017.. 194.1
10/09/2017.. 196.0
10/10/2017.. 197.1
10/11/2017.. 196.2
10/12/2017.. 192.5
10/13/2017.. 189.9
10/14/2017.. 192.2
10/15/2017.. 193.8
10/16/2017.. 193.3
10/17/2017.. 193.9

I was a very, very bad boy yesterday. My eating window expanded to 5 hours and it wasn't by design.

I machine gunned cherry tomatoes so bad I'm embarrassed to think of it. I ate too many dill pickles. I ate too many of those Duke's Original Shorty Sausages, I ate an extra chicken thigh more than I'd intended. I can't count the Olives that I shamefully gorged on. And I couldn't stop thinking about food, even though I wasn't really hungry.

To only be up .6 is a miracle.

BUT!!!

There always is a Silver Lining to those who have "Eyes to See and Ears to Hear" and that is that I always keep good things around, ready to eat, all the time, most every day. So when I DO flub up...what I flub up with is what I had ALREADY PREPARED TO EAT.....not something bad for me all by itself! And that, boys and girls, is a lesson I needed to learn. (I sure hope I learn it, pretty darned soon!)

So.

The fridge is always full of good things. REAL food...food that is good for ME. (YMMV)

And the freezer is full of good things, in portions. I have a vacuum sealer and I use it. I have a smoker just inside the back door at work, and one in the backyard at home. And I know how to use 'em. I have a crockpot at work, and I use it. (My wife likes what I make.) No trips to fast food, unless its to get Iced Tea, or my wife likes Limeades, sweetened only with stevia. Starbucks is for coffee, light cream, no crapola added.

OUR DINING OUT IS PLANNED, or we eat what we prepare, period. (Me especially. The Queen is not so focused. Yet.....)

I still like to go to the convenience store, but when I do, I don't buy bad stuff. I get tea. I buy coffee. I get a stick of cheese. Maybe a bag of pork rinds, or a bag of Pistachios--which I limit myself to 10 a day. They know me by name, but my buying pattern has TOTALLY changed.

These are the lessons I somehow missed learning in my first 6 decades. Maybe by posting them here, it will help me cement them into my undisciplined gray matter.

Today will either be a fasting day, or back to Day 1 of 100% Plan Perfection, as many days as I can muster. I haven't decided yet.

Embarrassed (and frightened)....but optimistic,
Stan
Goldwingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:08 AM   #308
LJ-LC
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LJ-LC
Stats: 268.8/228.6/168
WOE: General LC
Start Date: July 15 2017
Charlotte!!!! Amazing

Don't blame the butter for what the bread did!

40 lbs lost November 13/17
30 lbs lost October 13/17
20 lbs lost September 1/17
10 lbs lost August 5/17
start July 15/17
LJ-LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:09 AM   #309
Terri B
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Terri B
Stats: 295/220/190 6'0"
WOE: LC/I.F.
Start Date: 4/26/12
Go Stan! You got this!

Charlotte! Congrats on twoterville!!

[/SIG[SIGPIC]PIC]
Terri B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:10 AM   #310
Lylotte
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lylotte
Stats: This time around.. 355.5/281.7/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: This time around July 10, 2017
Michael that sounds awesome! I googled it and looks like it is a widespread program being implemented in many cities. I wonder if this is because of the current climate of mistrust of just something that has always been around and I didn't know about it. When I was in high school I did a co-op placement with the local police in the Community Services branch and processed ride along requests. People loved it! Now my DH is a police officer and I think he would love that people can take classes like that.

Started back again July 10
July: 17.1/17.1
Aug: 18.6/35.7
Sept:14.8/50.5
Oct: 17.1/67.6

Last edited by Lylotte; 10-17-2017 at 09:12 AM..
Lylotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:10 AM   #311
michaeldpotter
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
I machine gunned cherry tomatoes so bad I'm embarrassed to think of it. I ate too many dill pickles. I ate too many of those Duke's Original Shorty Sausages, I ate an extra chicken thigh more than I'd intended. I can't count the Olives that I shamefully gorged on. And I couldn't stop thinking about food, even though I wasn't really hungry.
I love all these things!!
Old 10-17-2017, 09:14 AM   #312
michaeldpotter
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Michael that sounds awesome! I googled it and looks like it is a widespread program being implemented in many cities. I wonder if this is because of the current climate of mistrust of just something that has always been around and I didn't know about it. When I was in high school I did a co-op placement with the local police in the Community Services branch and processed ride along requests. People loved it! Now my DH is a police officer and he is so frustrated when people don't understand the role and limitations of the police and when people have misplaced distrust of police because of a few bad apples that get extreme press coverage that blows things out of proportion. Not to say there aren't bad apples though, but honestly there is in all types of employment.
I'm sure that some cities are implementing this because of the current climate, but here they have been doing this program for quite a while.

I think everyone should go do it. It is an eye opening experience. I imagine it changes a lot of people's minds when they get thrust into a real world scenario that law enforcement officers deal with every day.

As part of this program, we were able to do a video simulation and a live fire (with non-lethal ammunition) scenario. It was quite the experience!

Please pass on my gratitude to your husband for the job he does, and please accept my thanks to you for the sacrifices you make for him to do that job.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:50 AM   #313
Goldwingnut
Senior LCF Member

Lylotte?? Who's that?!?!?

Oh yeah, its that woman that left the group. Charlotte I think her name was, or something like that. Who cares.

(Just kidding. Glad to see you back and don't you ever quit again. WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE.)

Actually, no...we don't know where you live. But in Canada, how hard could it be to find you. What, is there like only 4 Charlottes in the entire frozen north? And one is married to a police officer.

Last edited by Goldwingnut; 10-17-2017 at 09:51 AM..
Old 10-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #314
Terri B
Major LCF Poster!

Stan, I hate to break it to you, but Charlotte never (really) quit us. She was just M.I.A. for a few days.

It was KitKat.

I'm probably going to track my daily weighings on my own for a while as I'm not feeling much of a connection here lately. But I hate it when posters just suddenly disappear so I thought I'd let you know I'm not giving up and hope to be able to periodically post some successes now and then. Wishing the best of long term success to you all for a lifetime!

Remember? And I think she meant it!

[/SIG[SIGPIC]PIC]
Old 10-17-2017, 10:31 AM   #315
Goldwingnut
Senior LCF Member

I DO remember. And I feel responsible somehow. Guilt is hardwired into my DNA.

This place turned into the forum version of GunTalk Radio (a show I frequent, by the way) (No surprise I guess...) and I felt responsible for it.

When I taught school I'd make some kid cry once in a while and I HATED that. Even though I think I'm sensitive about people's feelings, it probably ain't so. I mess up, and then I just feel bad.

Apply, scrub, rinse, repeat.

On the other hand, life is pretty short....waay too short to let feelings get in the way of friendship with other, well meaning sinners.

I didn't know when I started this deal, I'd get attached to you people. But sure enough.... I have....

I guess if it didn't matter, we wouldn't benefit much by posting here.

KitKat. Come baaaaaack......

And I knew about Charlotte and figgered her absence was temporary. I just was yanking her chain. Like you, she obviously has a sense of humor.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:38 AM   #316
Parisfox
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 264/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Repeat Offender!
10/01...251.6
10/02...251.0
10/03...251.8...Was on plan, but ate too much.
10/04...250.4
10/05...250.2
10/06...249.4
10/07...251.4...That's what eating a cantaloupe can do. Nibbled on it all day. Never again.
10/08...250.8
10/09...252.0...No lunch yesterday...totally off-plan dinner/dessert for a 15yr old's b-day. Probably more up tomorrow.
10/10...253.0...Totally expected. I hope I don't get even more tomorrow.
10/11...250.6...That's much better!!
10/12...249.6...Even better...
10/13...249.2...Not much, but at least it's still in the 40s.
10/14...248.6
10/15...248.6
10/16...248.2
10/17...249.6...

Stan...Don't ever take the blame for someone leaving. If they are that sensitive, they shouldn't be here anyway. LOVE.....LOVE....LOVE your posts AND your sense of humor. It is refreshing and appreciated.

"I may give in, but I'll never give up!!"...

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."

Last edited by Parisfox; 10-17-2017 at 10:41 AM..
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:14 PM   #317
Terri B
Major LCF Poster!

Oh and Stan, This

I machine gunned cherry tomatoes so bad I'm embarrassed to think of it

cracked my stuff up! The picture it created in my mind!

[/SIG[SIGPIC]PIC]
Old 10-17-2017, 01:47 PM   #318
Goldwingnut
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri B View Post
Oh and Stan, This

I machine gunned cherry tomatoes so bad I'm embarrassed to think of it

cracked my stuff up! The picture it created in my mind!
Well, I'm GLAD you thought it was soooooOoOoooo funny.

Certain duties (which shall go unnamed) this morning made me think it wasn't all that funny.

Aaaaaand on that same general topic, I hope someday...with my eating habits and all other things... (maybe when I grow up?????) I can get my Fecal Matter Consolidated, wink wink, cuz it sure hasn't happened yet.

I thought when I became an adult, I was supposed to act more....um...ADULT.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:38 PM   #319
Goldwingnut
Senior LCF Member

I'm not sure how, but I missed a SLUG of such great posts this morning! Just now caught up when I sat down to cool my jets for a few.

I nearly forgot to go to my CT Scan, that I've been looking forward to @ 8:00AM. I've been nervous about my Arterial and Cardiac Health since I've so abused my Metabolism for decades. I had my doctor order a Cardiac Calcium Score. I have 2 identifiable lesions, and received a score of 2 as near as I can tell. I'll have The Post CAC Consultation on Thrusday (I think) and we can go over my bloodwork. I just want to get a baseline for comparison in about a year and see if I'm still under warranty.

(Oh I'm so NOT under warranty!!, none of us are guaranteed tomorrow, but I digress...)

It's nearly 4:30 here and I haven't gotten around to eating anything, so I'm pulling the trigger on another Fast 48. Why not?...

Aaaaaand it's due penance for being naughty yesterday. It's better than self flagellating, plus I am such a weenie around whips and chains.

Terri said it best, Bloodhound, GO GO GO!! There is nothing more empowering than a good fast!! So I may end up doing two this week.

We'll see about that.

I hate that Charlotte had a bad fasting experience. I COMPLETELY, TOTALLY like to tell people extended fasting needs to be a skill that we kinda work up to gradually. It could be why she had troubles. I did 11 on Water Only a while back to, and it was something I actually look back on fondly. YMMV. My sister can't fast at all. (or so she thinks)

Did I already say, I'm now off my Blood Pressure Meds? Officially? (Can't remember., and I'm too lazy to go back and look)

Back to work.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:06 PM   #320
Terri B
Major LCF Poster!

So funny that I broke my fast today and feel like I cheated. So that made me actually track the calories and such. My meal consisted of 1050 calories, 65 g's of protein and 5 carbs. With a couple cups of doctored coffee, it obviously puts my calories well over my daily limit. DUH. . I knew this was my problem all along, but NOW I see it in black and white!!! My OMAD will be adjusted accordingly!!

Stan I love your spontaneity!! I think I may join you!!

Dang, this group gets more valuable daily!

[/SIG[SIGPIC]PIC]
Old 10-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #321
Bloodhound
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bloodhound
Stats: 252.2/200.4/149.0/5'3"
WOE: LC
Start Date: 11/28/2016
Quote:
I love frivolity. I play an adult at work, for the most part, but am looking forward to being an eccentric old lady. I really hope I end up a nice, fun old lady and not a mean and bitter one!

Goals:
199 Onderland! Last here in 2013.
179 Last here in 2010.
169 At this point I won't be obese anymore!
149 Final Goal! Last here in 2008.

Last edited by Bloodhound; 10-17-2017 at 07:42 PM..
Bloodhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:36 PM   #322
LowCarbAng
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbAng
Stats: 300/299/195
WOE: LCHF, Keto, IF
Start Date: Jan 1, 2017
Quote:
10/01 - 305.0
10/02 - 306.6
10/03 - 307.8 took a hissy fit and ran away like a 5yo
10/04 - 307.7
10/05 - 306.2
10/06 - 304.1 in laws came, ate turkey dinner, but completely on plan
10/07 - 305.3 twins had their 6th birthday, made awesome cake, ate none, on plan!
10/08 - 305.2 thanksgiving dinner again, I made it, was amazing, but I stayed on plan!
10/09 - 303.8
10/10 - 303.0
10/11 - 301.7
10/12 - 302.1
10/13 - 300.9
10/14 - OOT shopped till I dropped.
10/15 - OOT
10/16 - 300.6
10/17 - 297.9 What?? I'll take it!

Wowza!!!!! Congrats!!!!!
LowCarbAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:58 PM   #323
LowCarbAng
Senior LCF Member

9/30 295
10/1 294.4 burger, stuffed mushroom, baby-back ribs, veggies, HaloTop ice cream
10/2 292.4 shake, protein snack pack, sausage w/SF BBQ sauce
10/3 292.5 (planned) shake, rib meat w/SF BBQ sauce, broccoli, protein snack pack (Oscar Meyer), turkey/cheese, 2 grapes
10/4 292.3 pork rib meat w/BBQ sauce, zoodle spaghetti w/Rao's sauce (LC tomato sauce), 3 meatballs
10/5 292 shake, zoodle spaghetti w/Rao's sauce, 3 meatballs,
10/6 293.6 salad w/ranch, grilled seafood w/butter, 2 biscuits (bad!), 2 fried shrimp
10/7 294.5 Cauliflour pepperoni pizza, burger w/avocado and dipping veggies w/ranch
10/8 DNW (just forgot)
10/9 292
10/10 291.3
10/11 290.6
10/12 290.1
10/13 288.4
10/14 288.2
10/15 289
10/16 289
10/17 290

Slight bump from the Chinese food and pizza the other day. Expected. No cravings so that's good.

Tonight and today all clean eating. We made fish tonight. It was delish! Pan fried with some seasoning already on it. So I make tartar sauce for mine. (mayo, relish, and a drop of stevia) Our Chinese guests of course wanted to try it. Cindy LOVED it. she ate it with a spoon and rice. John didn't like it so much. He put some hot pepper flakes on his fish. So interesting watching them eat our food in their own way.

I'm in the "can't wear my pants more than once" phase. I usually can wear my jeans and heavier fabric pants twice before washing. Now, since losing some they are sorta hanging off me so by day two they look like clown pants! LOL Its a cool feeling!

Cindy I hope you are feeling better now!

Michael such fun cookies! We make these at Christmas. My sister used to make them and sell them! You could do that! They are really nice looking. Your class sounds really cool!

Charlotte I walk all over my classroom and the halls and sometimes I go for a short walk with DH and one of the dogs. If I'm on my feet all day it will sorta feel swollen at the surgical site and feels like a bruise. there's a lot of scar tissue in there. I wonder if its pressing the muscle and bruising? Getting some of this pressure (weight) off it will help. He had to cut through the tendon and stitch that up so it will take quite a time to heal I think. This is the first time I'm really walking long distances since surgery so I'm discovering some things. Its an $80 trip to see him so I'm trying to hold off.

Stan, your post about the good food in your home reminds me of DH this weekend. We went to Sam's Club and he tried to slip a box of Oreos in the cart. No no no! He knows better. He hid them under the bags of trail mix he eats at lunch. I've gotten him to stop eating candy at lunch but so far I can't get the starches away from him. I don't serve rice (well I do while our Chinese guests are here) and don't buy excessive amounts of bread or pasta or any such things. I cook clean and keto. He was whining the other day that he couldn't have chips with his sandwich. I don't buy chips! What he doesn't know is I'm cutting junk from his diet slowly...one junk food at a time. Bwahaha!

Terri, Twoterville sounds like...tooterville.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:59 PM   #324
LowCarbAng
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

You are an ex-teacher. We NEVER grow up...we just know how to act really really well...
Old 10-17-2017, 09:43 PM   #325
Bloodhound
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bloodhound
Stats: 252.2/200.4/149.0/5'3"
WOE: LC
Start Date: 11/28/2016
It's 9:39 pm and I'm still fasting. I will make it until tomorrow to be sure, but I plan on eating tomorrow. After a Fast 48, however, I am craving protein, not carbs. Yay! They have delicious omelettes at work. I think that's what I'll break the fast with.

Goals:
199 Onderland! Last here in 2013.
179 Last here in 2010.
169 At this point I won't be obese anymore!
149 Final Goal! Last here in 2008.
Bloodhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:13 PM   #326
gregsgirl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gregsgirl
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: October 2, 2017

October 2, 2017 218 pounds
October 3, 2017 216.5 pounds
October 4, 2017 213.5 pounds
October 5, 2017 210.5 pounds
October 6, 2017 209.9 pounds
October 7, 2017 210.5 pounds
October 8, 2017 209.3 pounds
October 9, 2017 209.6 pounds
October 10, 2017 209.7 pounds
October 11, 2017 209.8 pounds
October 12, 2017 210.3 pounds
October 13, 2017 209 pounds
October 14, 2017 209.4 pounds
October 15, 2017 207 pounds
October 16, 2017 207.5 pounds
October 17, 2017 207.7 pounds

Just checking in! Sorry, it is so late. But, I didn't want to skip a day.

It looks like everyone is in good spirits tonight. Glad you are all doing well.

Michael, those cookies look amazing!

Good night!
gregsgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:15 PM   #327
gregsgirl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gregsgirl
WOE: Atkins Induction
: stars:

Last edited by gregsgirl; 10-17-2017 at 10:19 PM..
gregsgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:11 AM   #328
Goldwingnut
Senior LCF Member

10/01/2017.. 198.4
10/02/2017.. 198.7
10/03/2017.. 197.9
10/04/2017.. 197.3
10/05/2017.. 199.0
10/06/2017.. 198.2
10/07/2017.. 196.0
10/08/2017.. 194.1
10/09/2017.. 196.0
10/10/2017.. 197.1
10/11/2017.. 196.2
10/12/2017.. 192.5
10/13/2017.. 189.9
10/14/2017.. 192.2
10/15/2017.. 193.8
10/16/2017.. 193.3
10/17/2017.. 193.9
10/18/2017.. 192.7

An effortless day of fasting, and the best trip to the gym I've had to date. I'm trying to build back some lean body mass.

I've discovered a technique that I'm still studying. Simplified....the authors are proponents of doing a handful of INTENSE exercises ONCE A WEEK that work each targeted muscle group to TOTAL FAILURE in about a minute and a half for each motion. Body By Science is the book, and after reading the intro, and the first 2 chapters, lets just say they have my COMPLETE attention.

Who can't find 12 minutes, once a week...to improve both Fitness, AND Health....all in one Swell Foop?? That and you can supposedly match the fitness gains of people who do 4 to 6 hours of light to moderate exercise every week?? Those same dedicated skinny people who pound their joints to death, or get shin splints, or shoulder issues from repeated motion injury. Oh, and Back Injuries. Yeah, THOSE people get fit in their 6 hours (or more) every single week. But are they more HEALTHY???

That is a pivotal point in my reading thus far: FITNESS and HEALTH do not necessarily run on parallel tracks, but you can have both with a scientific approach to building lean muscle mass, and minimizing injuries to joints etc, AND GET EXACTLY the same resultant cardiovascular health to boot.

Sounds too good to be true, I'll stipulate.

I have much more to read, and I haven't implemented much of what I've already learnt. But I like the concept and have been trying to lift moderate weights (weenie weights for a gym rat) to exhaustion.

Stay tuned on that score....

Looking ahead, I can't see how I can get in an eating window after my Bonus Fast 48 ends @ 10:30 tonight....even OMAD. Eating at 10:30 and heading for The Rack for the night, doesn't seem to make sense.

So I'll probably just go back to a Fast 60-ish, which'll put me breaking this one Thursday PM sometime. That will make it hard to get in a 2nd Fast 48 this week.

Planning ain't my strong suit, I reckon. I might just throw in a One Day Fast on Sunday. I do that once in a while anyway.

I can't wait to see my Doc about my bloodwork and my Calcium Score, which <<<I THINK>>> isn't so terrible for someone of my age and family history. Not to mention the Colossal Dietary Catastrophe that has been the hallmark of my pathetic existence.

Have a Fabulous Hump Day, my friends!
<EDIT> My Fast 48's and etc are not precisely total fasts, because I like an iced coffee most of those days, and they include around 25-40 grams of Heavy Whipping Cream. Aaaaaand I don't care much that it's modified fasting. YMMV Yeah, its and crutch for me, and I don't really need it. But its also a TREAT! And I look forward to it.

Last edited by Goldwingnut; 10-18-2017 at 06:24 AM..
Old 10-18-2017, 06:21 AM   #329
Terri B
Major LCF Poster!

Oct 1 - 237.5
Oct 2 - 237.5
Oct 3 - 238.5
Oct 4 - 239.0
Oct 5 - 235.5
Oct 6 - 237.0
Oct 7 - 237.5
Oct 9 - 237.5
Oct 10-238.0
Oct 11-237.5
Oct 12-237.0
Oct 13-238.5
Oct 15-244.5
Oct 16-239.5
Oct 17-237.0
Oct 18-236.0

Nice! No bounce yet!

Stan, that exercise program sounds great. I havent been to the gym in two years, and I'm getting very stiff and creaky. (which happens with old age anyway).

I'm not sure if my next fast will start today or tomorrow. That's the beauty of it. You can plan not to plan, right?

Bloodhound, I'm excited to hear of your success!

Keep up the good work everyone! Keep coming here! Success or struggle, this IS the place that will help!

Happy hump day!

Stan, I agree on the coffee during fasting. I HAVE to have it. It IS my crutch, but Dr. Fung approves! He said it's not really fasting, but acceptable to encourage compliance!! So there!

[/SIG[SIGPIC]PIC]

Last edited by Terri B; 10-18-2017 at 06:23 AM..
Old 10-18-2017, 07:16 AM   #330
Goldwingnut
Senior LCF Member

Bloodhound, and Terri It looks promising for you two, and I'm excited!

Little victories can breed and reproduce, given the right environment...and that place is right here!

I've worried about you guys, but there are others. Lots of them.

I was joking with Michael the other day (probably went over his head, mostly) about the movie, "The Sixth Sense" and that GREAT line, "I See Dead People" by that cute little kid, whose name escapes me.

Well....for me....its "I See Fat People" and I wanna help them. Every last one of 'em! Not because I hate fat people...SHEESH! I ARE a Fat Peoples... but because I have the answer to their problem. (90+% of 'em, anyways)

Cuz I simply refuse to believe that this WOE won't work, IF....you work at it....for waaaaay over 90% of us.

We were NOT created to be fat, unproductive and miserable. For however many days I'll still be around this planet, I plan to be thin, active and able to maniacally torture and humiliate my family and friends whenever the heck I want. (...sticks out tongue here, and blows slobber...)