Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
IThinkICan
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
"Negative" Calorie Foods? Opinions?

Just wondering if anyone follows the concept behind "negative calorie foods" while on JUDDD?

I think celery is most known for this, as it supposedly takes more calories for the body to digest it than the celery actually gives you by itself. (In other words, you may consume 20 calories from a couple stalks of celelry, but your body actually burns more than 20 calories while going through the process of trying to digest these 20-calories-worth of celery.) Supposedly this is true of some other foods - like broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, spinach, onions, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, oranges, grapefruit, etc... fruits and vegetables for the most part (though not all of them).

It got me thinking that perhaps when some of us struggle with the scale, it would be more beneficial to have 100 calories worth of these fruits and veggies instead of 100 calories worth of meat or bread, at least on our DDs. Granted, many of us opt to do JUDDD to avoid worrying about what types of calories we're eating... but I just thought I'd put this out there as a thought and see if anyone has had more success they can document by eating the "negative" calorie foods... or even if some people have been able to eat more calories than before because so many of the food calories being consumed are in this "negative" calorie category.
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote