Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 05-05-2017, 07:10 AM   #481
julieboolie
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/155.4/158lbs
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Shari- wow!! Almost 10 lbs in less than a Week? Fabulous!!! I am SO happy for you!! You'll be in all your cute clothes for the trip and enjoy it so Much! Yayay!! at the wrong name! I don't recognize the right one either, but can look it up .

Deb-well, truthfully, maintenance while you figure out your next move is smart. Not jumping in and out of things and messing up your metabolism...see what fits your lifestyle. I know you and summer fruit and your pool are on the horizon... maybe WW again? Just a thought

Gracie-haooy birthday to Erin! Hope you're continuing to do well on your round!

I'm doing well, up to 157.6 but so deserved more than that! Had popcorn at the movies last night and enjoyed delicious tacos for dinner too and fully expected a bigger gain today. It seems my body likes this number, which in all honesty is pretty great, but a part of me always wants lower. Going to try to eat in moderation, and wait as long as I can all day today, and see how it goes,

Come visit me in my journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=888635
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2017, 12:09 PM   #482
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/187/169-mini goal
WOE: low carb-Atkins '72
Start Date: restart- 8/9/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
That is fantastic Julie and Shari! you are both doing awesome!!!!

Shari, what is different about this plan compared to Simeons or the others? CURIOUS! Also, do the drops have HCG homeopathic in them? Whatever it is, it is working for you!! Awesome!!!

Not much change for me.... still researching and thinking about things. Who knows where I land but I want something to STICK also!..
Hey Deb, thanks! It's not really different, it really follow the protocol, with a few exceptions...like you can mix veggies, use lotions with oils, etc. I was doing this anyway and losing in the past so no biggie. The unfortunate part is that they stopped selling hcg, of course they would when this really works , I don't know why but I'm not hungry, at all, which I love. Yes, the drops have homeopathic in them (6x, 12x, 30x 60x) too. I don't know why this feels different when it's really the same as the protocol, but I'm able to follow this when other times I tried, I failed....

Julie~hey that's an up number? I'll still take it LOL!! You're eating what you like w/o all the restrictions and still in the 150's? I call that success!!

I weighed this morning and am down another 2lbs, making total 11.2 since Sunday. I forgot to add that I am including load weight of 3.something..like .2 was what I gained loading so in total about 8lbs loss from load weight. I don't want to keep saying too much, I feel when I do I began to tire and jump ship. I know, mental games I play...
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:55 PM   #483
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: age 60, prednisone since 11/16
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: 4/2006 restart:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I'm happy to say that I stuck with it, and a down 9.2lbs from yesterday's weigh in since Sunday, and that's with TOM starting yesterday. I'm using their hcg drops along with the detox tea and am simply amazed at how well it's coming along; I'm not hungry and able to stick to plan. I started loading Friday, began doing vlc (500 cals/day) Sunday. The company stopped selling hcg drops last year but my coworker had a bottle left over. My sister is using their new drops, Resolution, in which you can eat up to 1200 cals/day and doing very well on it too! I'm going to have to take a planned interruption when we go to Miami...will do P3---should be easier, then hopefully will jump back on P2 when we return.
Fantastic Shari! WooHoo!
I went to the new rheumatologist this morning, really like her! I weighed 209! Holy Cows! I have quardrupled my beta blocker in the last two weeks and started bio identical progesterone this week in hopes that it will help me sleep, been going on about 4 hours a night, the last two days at work have slayed me.
The rain has finally stopped after it seems weeks. Need to get my butt walking the neighbor's dog around the block again. I need to cut carbs, sugar/wheat aren't enough when I am eating rice flour! 11 days until my brain aneurysm repair!

Last edited by Izzysdream; 05-05-2017 at 01:00 PM..
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 02:54 PM   #484
julieboolie

Shari-that's wonderful!! And I so get jinxing a good thing! Don't worry about why it's working, just enjoy the ride! I'm so happy for you!

Izzy-with all the meds you're on that's not bad at all! Once your surgery is done and you're fully recovered hopefully you'll be able to tackle it (and reduce your meds?). Walking is great, I need to do more of that myself!

Happy weekend! And cinco de mayo!

Old 05-07-2017, 07:40 AM   #485
shebasmudder
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 226/220/160
WOE: QWL at home
Start Date: 5/7/2016
Hi, ladies !!

Wow, Shari, this thread totally describes me - I'm hitting reset ! I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread but I will come back and do that. I need to go cut the grass while it's cool outside. It's been raining and wet so now the grass is super high and I have a lot of it !

I'm following the QUick Weight Loss CLinic protocol - I bought it like 20 years ago and did well - went from 235 to 160. Now I'm at 226 and 160 is still my goal. It's basically low carb but you get a big loss at the beginning by eating ust meats and raw green veggies for 3 days - unlimited.

I'll be back later..Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone !
Old 05-07-2017, 09:17 AM   #486
julieboolie

Good to see you Sheba! Welcome to the do over group!! Sounds like a great plan and I hope it goes well for you!!

I had a very indulgent few days and am up 5 lbs now from my fun low that I hit . I am back to my plan for a while til i get it back off. c'est la vie! I am such a fast regainer!! But, nipping it in the bud and getting back on track .

Hope you're all faring well!! I'm on vacation in less than 2 weeks! I need to save my indulgence for then!

Old 05-08-2017, 07:02 AM   #487
shebasmudder
Senior LCF Member

Hi, ladies ! I lost 2 pounds !

I'm on my way !

Julie ~ what plan or woe are you on ? Where are you going on vacation ? I can't wait to plan a trip for myself. I think I deserve it.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:55 AM   #488
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Hi, ladies !!

Wow, Shari, this thread totally describes me - I'm hitting reset ! I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread but I will come back and do that. I need to go cut the grass while it's cool outside. It's been raining and wet so now the grass is super high and I have a lot of it !

I'm following the QUick Weight Loss CLinic protocol - I bought it like 20 years ago and did well - went from 235 to 160. Now I'm at 226 and 160 is still my goal. It's basically low carb but you get a big loss at the beginning by eating ust meats and raw green veggies for 3 days - unlimited.

I'll be back later..Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone !

Hey Sheba!! So good to see you, congrats on the loss thus far!! How's your son? I can't believe he's in college now...wow.

Julie~ I know, it's a never ending challenge to keep the weight loss off. I'm with you, I ate 'off plan' Saturday and the scale stayed the same for 2 days. I know how excited you are for your family vacay, you'll be down again by then.

As mentioned, I ate off plan Saturday--- I called myself doing a good cheat day by only eating low carb, but had very high fat food, ribs and chicken wings. I was craving fat so badly, I just can not have high fat on hcg and lose weight like others...it always create a gain, that has stayed with me for 2 days! I haven't weighed today, praying scale went down some . I'm still happy though because as of Sunday, a week on plan, I was down 11.2 lbs!!
Old 05-09-2017, 10:03 AM   #489
julieboolie

Quote:
Hi, ladies ! I lost 2 pounds !

I'm on my way !

Julie ~ what plan or woe are you on ? Where are you going on vacation ? I can't wait to plan a trip for myself. I think I deserve it.
I'm on medifast take shape for life. It worked well, and I may go back on it again, but am trying to make my own version of it more cheaply.
We're heading out to Southern California for a week. We're going to the U2 Joshua Tree concert, staying at the beach and doing 2 days in Disneyland. my birthday is at the end of our trip too. It'll be such a wonderful week I'm sure, but I know I won't be eating lightly .
You're doing great! Knowing what has worked for you in the past is so good, that confidence that if you stick with it you'll be back to goal in no time!

Shari-that's pretty phenomenal first week losses even with a cheat day? woohoo!! Kutgw! Hopefully that cheat day refueled your body and commitment . Your trip is coming up soon!!

I'm not on my plan, don't want to be really. I'd like to get back down with just regular food, but am not sure it'll work. So, I'm kind of supplementing with a few fuelings a day and lighter meals. I'm at 159 even this morning after coffee with TOM, so it could be worse. I ordered some small protein bars that are nutritionally similar to the TSFL bars and will see if they'll work as well. I believe the protein and calories are why it works, so it should be similar. If it helps, great. Bonus! Either way, I feel good and look so much better than just a few months ago, so I'm not gonna be too restrictive with Mother's Day weekend then vacation. If I restrict too much I'll over indulge out so some strange deprivation reaction I triggered in juddd...so I'm learning moderation and listening to my body again. I see the endocrinologist tomorrow and got mh blood work done. T3 is low but barely in range now, but t4 is too low. Hoping she'll just up my dose on the natural thyroid as I feel so much better on it!

Have a good day all. We've got court with baby Z tomorrow and everyone is going! It'll be nuts, and I'm brining the baby since she's supposed to meet her one step grandpa who is trying for custody too... so hard to imagine letting her go been a rough morning emotionally.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:35 AM   #490
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Julie, I really feel for you and your family. I know it must be so hard to not know what's going to happen. I pray the best works out for her. Boy is it a challenge to stay within a specific range, plus with the thyroid issue...just makes it . But you are right to reflect on how well much better you feel and look in your clothes from just a few months ago. You're doing great and I do agree with not being too restrictive; it sets us up to binge and go overboard.

Well I'm still doing hhcg; the scale stalled for 3 days at the same exact pound to ounce! I was sooo tempted to throw it all in yesterday when the boys and G got a local pizza favorite--the smell was overwhelming. Actually I was going to eat wings, G reminded me to stick with it and complimented me on how well I've been doing (I told him to do it and of course he'll listen now ). I gotta say that him acknowledging this and saying how strong I am helped tremendously. I lost 2.2lbs!! I'm going to take an interruption starting Sunday, do P3 (yeah rogue move), because I want to stabilize a few days before going to Miami later that week. I hope this works!

Deb~ I just remembered that I think the difference on this plan vs. 'regular' protocol is that I'm drinking detox tea called Iaso. It helps get rid of toxins and cleans your GI system. My sister is doing the Resolution drops (due to them no longer carrying hhcg drops) and has lost almost 10lbs as of today. She gets to eat up to 1200 cals so I may switch to that plan if I get too tired of hhcg. With the Resolution drops you start to feel nauseous if you eat off plan...some don't like that but for me, it could work as an incentive to stay on the straight and narrow.

Last edited by shari; 05-10-2017 at 08:38 AM..
Old 05-10-2017, 01:55 PM   #491
julieboolie

Shari-that's a good idea to stabilize before vacation!! Smart girl.m you've celarnky done this before . I'm in a similar boat, where I want to lose more but have back to back trips coming up and Mother's Day, so I'm just focused on slowly getting down to my lowest this year and staying there. Not too strict, but not going crazy either. Hopefully our bodies won't regain like crazy on vacation!!

I'm back to 157.8 today . I intentionally skipped inner last night and had a quest bar instead and didn't suffer too much . The Dr was pleased and a bit surprised with my weight loss . She's not happy with my numbers though and agreed to up my dose a little bit. And switched me to naturthroid instead of armour. I hope it works as well!

Not inches else going on. Court tomorrow but I'm trying to just trust in God and not worry and be anxious. Easier said than done . But worrying isn't going to change anything.

Hope Deb, Gracie, Sheba are doing well! And Izzy and her surgery! Praying for you Izzy!

Old 05-10-2017, 09:29 PM   #492
shebasmudder
Senior LCF Member

Hi, ladies !

I'm down 1 pound over the last 2 days so a total of 3 pounds in 3 days. I'm going to need some fiber supplements !

Shari ~ congrats on your losses ! I hope you have a great time in Miami ! Is everyone going ? My son is finishing his 2nd year of college in Portland. He really loves it there. I was hoping he would come home for the summer, but he's having too much fun on his own. He'll be 20 in a couple of weeks !

Julie ~ That sounds like fun ! I loved U2 back in the day ! I'm thinking of going to some old school concerts this summer - Howard Jones and the English Beat will be here in July. I hope your new med works well. I have read how hard it is to lose weight with thyroid issues - not to mention how hard it is to get diagnosed to begin with.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:51 AM   #493
shebasmudder
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Ladies !

I've lost 6 pounds since I started Sunday !

I can't wait to get into a new decade - from the 220s to the 210s ! Here I come !
Old 05-12-2017, 08:52 AM   #494
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Hi, Ladies !

I've lost 6 pounds since I started Sunday !

I can't wait to get into a new decade - from the 220s to the 210s ! Here I come !
FANTASTIC!!! you go girl!!

Not much to update, maintaining!

Julie, hope all is well today
Shari, how are things going with your plan?

I am researching all of your plans and will figure something out!!
Old 05-12-2017, 10:22 AM   #495
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Nice Sheba!!! Congrats!!

Julie~ hope all's well; I know you went to court yesterday for Z.

Deb~ I understand; at least you're maintaining and not gaining. That's success.

I made a decision to stop the drops, last dosage was Wednesday due to really wanting to stabilize very well prior to Miami and be able to eat P3 for Mother's Day--I do not want to gain any weight! I intent to make this a planned interruption and jump back on again the following week. So far, I'm down 14lbs so clothes are fitting better. I hope in P3 the shrinkage continues. I weighed yesterday and today and the scale stayed the same, down to the ounce.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:22 PM   #496
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go Shari!!! Have a wonderful time on your trip!!!
Old 05-12-2017, 01:54 PM   #497
julieboolie

Shari-woohoo! That's phenomenal! If you can sick that through the holiday and vacation that's wonderful!! Good for you!!

Sheba-you're doing so well too! Love it! Portland? My dd was thinking about college there too...but is now looking at NAU in az, full ride possibly...we're going to Portland and the coast for a which mother daughter trip in July .

Deb-maintenance is tough enough! I'm struggling with it myself . When you're ready you'll do great!

I'm up a bit today, but expected it. Over ate yesterday. Back on lighter eating today...but it's Mother's Day weekend. We all know that'll not cause a loss this weekend!

I'm trying to stay in the 150's...holding on by a hair right now

Court went well, 3 months til court again. Full house though, lots of interested family members all there. Busy few days of visits for everyone. Just happy we'll have her a few more months at least .

Old 05-15-2017, 09:59 AM   #498
julieboolie

Quick check in Monday after Mother's Day! Hope you all had wonderful weekends with your kiddos! We did, but I ate generously and beyond hunger, so reigning it back in today. Not going to jump back on anything too strict, as I leave for vacation Saturday, but I do plan to stick to the 150's and am at 160.3 after coffee and zucchini bread this morning, so I'm doing ok .

Got some foster things going on this week. I put more info in my journal, but it could be pretty exciting. I'll update you when I know more. That said, my focus isn't on the scale right now .

Old 05-24-2017, 04:29 AM   #499
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Hump Day!

Wow Julie! I haven't read your journal in a few days but last I did see you're gearing up to have a permanent placement! How wonderful!! I see you on fb looking well and happy with family. Your new daughter will be surely blessed.

Izzy~ how are you? I'm assuming you had surgery, hope all's well.

Sheba~ how are you? Are you still low carbing? You're on a roll!

Deb~ hope all's well with you too.

Gracie~ I see you on fb, how handsome Ricky is! I know you're busy with graduation ceremonies. Check in when you can.

I'm doing well overall. Had a wonderful vacay in Florida with Mom and Sis. Oh how I wish we could've been there longer. They may be going back again in August, but I'm not sure I can go then...have too many other things to take care of here. I do know that I need to refocus again and lose weight! I had the best intentions to stick to low carb, after that first drink, bread basket at one of the best tasting seafood restaurants in South Beach, it was over. I just don't know if I have enough self-restraint to not 'cheat' when on vacation...so my best bet right now is to lose enough weight so that when I do go on vacation I don't return at the weight I am now. I haven't stepped on the scale since I've been home; just low carbing it for now to drop some water weight.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:30 AM   #500
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad you had a great vacation Shari!!! The pics you posted looked awesome!

Nothing new here.... gosh I just don't want to diet. Getting frustrated at myself, and kind of doing WW but kind of doing other things....

I am stabilized but not at a good weight for me.. I want more gone!. Can't have my cake and eat it too.... gosh darn it!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well! I see Julie having fun also!

I do have some news in that my Mom is going to be living with us for a bit. She broke her femur 4 months ago and has been in Rehab/ assisted living since then.

They are getting ready to kick her out, but she no longer is renting her home so we are going to host her until she decides where she would like to live and how she CAN live. She is using a walker, but this was a really bad break so it is taking a long time to heal. Assisted living is really expensive so we are not really looking at that option.

SO! 3 generations at my house now!
Old 05-24-2017, 12:10 PM   #501
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Happy Hump Day!

Izzy~ how are you? I'm assuming you had surgery, hope all's well.
Doing a quick drive by. Looks like everyone is doing good! I had my procedure on the 16th. They ended up putting two pipeline flex devices behind my right eye. When the surgeon saw that I had a nickel allergy he shot me up with 100 mg of hydrocortisone during surgery for inflammation. I've been having cramps behind/above/temple, but nothing that ice doesn't help. On no pain meds. I believe the prednisone I take for my autoimmune disorder is a blessing in disguise because the steroid is keeping my vessels in my brain from getting too inflamed. But now my PMR is flaring up, so I will have to probably do an increase on my prednisone soon. I was surprised that the surgeon said I could still rupture and I'm not in clear for 6 months when they do another brain angiogram. He said I could not do the weight machines until then also. Disappointed because it's hard to do anything else with my achilles tendonitis that keeps coming back when I'm on my feet too much (could hardly walk right before surgery trying to get everything done). Anyway, here's keeping my fingers crossed that pipelines keep diverting blood flow and the anneurysm keeps shrinking come November.

Last edited by Izzysdream; 05-24-2017 at 12:12 PM..
Old 06-01-2017, 02:56 AM   #502
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Deb~ 3 generations...nice! You must be very busy though caring for all, try to make time for yourself too. I hope your mom continues to recover well. Diet? Ugh, I'm going over in my head what to do too. Hhcg works it's magic, but it's easy to come back on as we all know. Although I'm still considering this option again, the rational part of my thoughts are saying 'no', you need to do something that's a lifestyle change and not quick...it doesn't stick! Hey that rhymes

Izzy~ "Anyway, here's keeping my fingers crossed that pipelines keep diverting blood flow and the aneurysm keeps shrinking come November." I do too I hope the procedure works, stressful that you're not in the clear until 6 mths after the procedure. Take care of yourself, hun.

Julie~ congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful daughter M!! She's adorable! I know you must be busy trying to juggle it all, check in when you can. Until then, I'll keep looking on FB for updates.

I pretty much haven't stepped on the scale since I returned from Miami. TOM is due any day now and I feel bloated so waiting until it all goes away. Plus my youngest son is graduating from 8th grade tomorrow so I'll be celebrating most of the weekend. As mentioned about, I'm still deciding what to do, diet fatigue is rearing it's ugly head but I'm trying to have a game plan in place before it settles in!
Old 06-01-2017, 03:26 AM   #503
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good to see you check in Shari! I so hear you on the diet fatigue!! As you said, I don't have time to think about myself and sometimes that is a good thing..

I am really just trying to think about what is good for everyone at this time and it the right place for my Grandson to be.. stable and plenty of love to go around. My DD is doing so much better since her meds are stabilized.

My oldest DD is still living downstairs working on her business... Now my Mom will join us tomorrow. Good thing I have a huge house!!! Also a good thing we all have our own space plus my sanctuary out back! Pool is open!!!!

So things will work out, just have to not get overwhelmed. I have not been even thinking much about my weight. It is high!! but I am just concentrating on eating real food and not worrying. I do know I have to get to a lower weight for my health though. Both my ankles are killing me daily and that is not good. SO, when we get into this new living situation for a week or so, I am going to decide on a LIFESTYLE way of eating..... for now....... nope.

Congrats on your Son's Graduation!!!! So hard to believe though!!

Julie, wow you really have your hands full also! What a great turn of events. Good luck to you!!

Izzy, hope all is well with you.

Sheba, How are you doing?

Gracie, hope things are not too crazy for you too!!!

PATI.. where are you??????????
Old 06-01-2017, 09:07 AM   #504
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Pool is open!!!!

So things will work out, just have to not get ]overwhelmed. I have not been even thinking much about my weight. It is high!! but I am just concentrating on eating real food and not worrying. I do know I have to get to a lower weight for my health though. Both my ankles are killing me daily and that is not good. SO, when we get into this new living situation for a week or so, I am going to decide on a LIFESTYLE way of eating..... for now....... nope.
I"m with you Deb on the eating! I did manage to meet a friend in the park last night (got locked out of my car and other drama ensued tyring to wake up my room mate to let me in the house lol) I iced my feet/ankles and they are not too bad today. I'm also going to apply at the ymca to get a reduced cost membership for the summer (no income this summer) to be able to swim. Can't wait to start moving my body again!
Old 06-01-2017, 09:50 AM   #505
julieboolie

Hey ladies!!

Shari-so glad you enjoyed your trip! Yay! Don't sweat the scale, it'll come back down.

Deb-wow! That's a big change for all of you! Hope it all goes well for you guys!

Yes, we're adjusting to our new little one. A bit chaotic as we all adjust...but I'm sure it'll settle down eventually. Up some from vacation, eating lightly now and back to 162-163. The other 5 may not leave before our next trip in a few weeks, but I'm trying. With so much going on I can't focus too much on it . Baby M is adorable, but at almost 2 it's a big adjustment from 7 month old focus!

Old 06-06-2017, 02:45 AM   #506
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Update for my Mom's move in......... Did not go as we had hoped. She moved in fine on Friday, but by Sunday Morning she was confused, crying not feeling well or like herself. It turned out she has a UTI from her stay in the Nursing/rehab home. So we take her to the ER and from there she was admitted.

Yesterday after much testing we found out she had a stroke and has a mass in her heart..... This is devastating for her because of course she was so happy to be out of Rehab and in our home. Now we face some real scary decisions and it is not easy. She refuses open heart surgery which at her age is of course her decision and I don't blame her.

Needless to say, I have been at the hospital constantly since Sunday morning. No care about food, and that is all on the back burner. Just wanted to update our situation.. Prayers requested
Old 06-06-2017, 04:37 AM   #507
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Deb! I'm so sorry to read this update. I totally understand her decision too, but I know as her children/family it's painful too. Sending prayers for you and your family, most of all for your mom too!
Old 06-08-2017, 03:53 AM   #508
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday Eve!!

Deb~ how's your Mom? How are you holding up?

Julie~ I know you're busy with adjusting to a schedule of a toddler and baby, your daughters are beautiful.

Izzy~ how are you doing? I hope you're still recovering well.

Gracie~ I see you're very busy with son's graduation and turning 18!! Ricky!!

Sheba~ are you still doing low carb? Hope you're doing well too.

I've been holding on; thought strongly about doing hhcg again but the wind for that sail is not strong enough right now. I'm doing my default plan (LC) after stepping on the scale earlier this week. Surprisingly, I was only up a little over 3lbs since last weigh-in....not bad, but it's still too high. I wish we could jumpstart our challenge group again, but understand timing if off due to life happenings right now.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:10 AM   #509
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just a quick check in. We have my Mom back home now and she is doing much better mentally and physically. She is on blood thinners for now, still does not want surgery for this very rare heart tumor and everyone respects that.

Sooooo, we are now trying for our new normal.... and hoping for the best. I am doing ZERO carb... haha.. I just don't want to eat anything but meat right now. So weird but it is helping me mentally cope with all there changes and I had read it helps heal so much. So here we go!!!
Old 06-13-2017, 07:13 AM   #510
julieboolie

Deb-so glad mom is doing better! My mom gets very disoriented with a UTI, so common in older folks. But so scary to see . Hope things go well during this transition!

Shari-I'd be delighted to only be up 3! Hang in there and LC will help you at least clean things up...it's all of our defaults for a reason.

Yes, life here is slightly insane! good, but exponentially busier! My weight is up 10 lbs still! I managed to drop 6 of my vataion gain, but just haven't been able to focus on it and in all honesty don't feel like sacrificing at all right now. Which stinks, since losing it takes such huge effort! But, we leave tomorrow for 8 days with dh's family in MN with both babies and teens...so I highly doubt I'll be dieting while there! Sigh. I can see the differen and don't like this, but am not able to do much about it. Gonna try to drop my carbs a bit and clean it up, maybe old shakes today..but I just can barely stay a float right now and have SO MUch to do to pack us all up!!

Baby M is adjusting well, but it's a bit tough adding a toddler with attachment and trauma to the mix...takes a lot of energy, patience, and time to settle in. But God has been so gracious to us and she's transitioning so well!

Take care all! I'll be back in a week or so, unless I get good wifi and time to check in.