Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-13-2017, 09:40 PM   #421
julieboolie
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/155.4/158lbs
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
So good to hear from you! Boy life certainly can make it hard, can't it?

Deb-so glad Dd is doing better! and your little grandson is just a doll! Maintaining with all that stress and I know work it nutso too...that's a great win in my book!

Shari-maintaining is excellent! When your motivation is strong you'll get back to it! My plan isn't really hard, but it's like hcg, kind of boring after a while, missing the social eating thing...but if I can get securely back into the 150's? I'd be thrilled!!

I haven't lost anything this week . Yet I am feeling good and keeping on. I am still down 11 lbs in 3 weeks, so I'm not too sad. With hcg I'd be down about 15lbs by now, but miserable and moving on to stabilize. So, being content and feeling pretty good, I'm pressing on. I'd like to lose another 10 lbs, and have about 6 weeks of food to do it with . We'll see if my body will let some more fat go!!

I'd like to get back to lifting too, but not this week! We've got a cute 2yo with us this week, which is fun but adds to the general air of chaos around me! I did do some upper body dumbbell work today, which is better than nothing. It hit 90 this weekend and my arms look awful good motivation to stick with plan and get some more fat off of me! I hope my thyroid will let it go! 900-1000 cals a day has tonresult in weight loss, right?

Come visit me in my journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=888635
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2017, 09:53 PM   #422
julieboolie

Hello! I guess our challenge has officially fizzled? I know how crazy life can get, so definitely no judgement from me!!

Just checking in that I'm FINALLY back in the 150's!!! Hooray!! 159.6 this morning! Even with my stupid auto immune thyroid issues. It's been HARD,! And this medifast program is tough to stick with, I miss eating! But it's working! And not that hard, but I miss eating .

But, I would like to stick with it for a few more lbs. but I'm definitely weary of it. Maybe a weekend off doing LC would recharge me? We'll see.

Anyway, hope you're all ok! I'll try to keep up with my journal if you want to check in with me .

Old 04-07-2017, 03:17 AM   #423
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/187/169-mini goal
WOE: low carb-Atkins '72
Start Date: restart- 8/9/16
WOW, congrats Julie!!! I know you must be beyond ecstatic right now, you're commitment and sacrifice (eating less) has definitely paid off.

How's everyone else?

I haven't been making any type of progress, just up and down the same pounds which is why I haven't posted. It's just discouraging to even keep typing this repeatedly. I restarted OMAD yesterday; it's been the only thing that worked well recently with good losses. I'm going to Miama for an extended weekend vacay mid-May and could definitely stand to loss some weight. Here goes...
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:29 AM   #424
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
WOW!! Congrats Julie!!! you are stronger than I! Do what you think is best for you maybe a LC day or two would not hurt..... I can imagine wanting to "eat" again!

Shari good luck to you!!! Miami seems like a great reason to try the one meal a day again.... I have tried that and like I have said in the past I just need to eat in the morning since I get up so early. I have had some success on the Big Breakfast diet, but that rules out eating dinner...... so it is a toss up for me. You have done the OMAD before so why not give it another shot?

I see Gracie is on a round and that is awesome!! Hope you come post again Gracie!

I have not lost a pound nor gained a pound since last time I was in here. I am still eating to hunger, but I guess I am hungry enough to maintain and not lose........

Summer is coming! Pool in another month and a half or so.. Thinking I may have to do something a bit different to get the fat to go away.... Will do some thinking on what that may be. SO lets revive this thread ladies, I love hearing how you are doing!
Old 04-08-2017, 05:28 AM   #425
shari
Major LCF Poster!

I agree Deb! Honestly, I'm game for anything right now. I'm at my highest weight (190's) again. I'd considered doing a round too, but it would have to be the 3.0 version to not cheat. The OMAD is good too, but it's very strict if you want to see losses...no eating but once that day. Low carb is meh for scale loss, but it does show inch loss...I want to see lower numbers. As you can see, I'm all over the map LOL. I need to find one plan and stick to it!!! I'm going to do that today.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:20 AM   #426
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I agree Deb! Honestly, I'm game for anything right now. I'm at my highest weight (190's) again. I'd considered doing a round too, but it would have to be the 3.0 version to not cheat. The OMAD is good too, but it's very strict if you want to see losses...no eating but once that day. Low carb is meh for scale loss, but it does show inch loss...I want to see lower numbers. As you can see, I'm all over the map LOL. I need to find one plan and stick to it!!! I'm going to do that today.
Boy are we on the same path......... I wish there was just one magic bullet of a plan that works, we can stick to and MAKE IT LAST!! Where are you ole magic plan????

I am also considering a round of HCG which I know works, but it is tough to stick to. Like you said LC is good for lack of hunger, but not real good for weight loss anymore. I guess this just shows us to lose the fat, and keep it off, it will take actual WORK.........

So my thinking cap is on and I will be doing lots of reading to try to find something that will allow FAT LOSS to happen, and results to stick. Hummmm
Old 04-09-2017, 05:54 AM   #427
shari
Major LCF Poster!

at ole magic plan! IKR?! I'm seriously considering a round too. I looked at the calendar and can do a nice 3 week plan before the Miami trip. On this mini getaway trip, we're planning to do some shopping for our cruise (mom and sis) that's in late September. I remember the last cruise Mom and I did together in 2010 was after I'd done hhcg for the first time. The clothes I was able to buy (size 9/10, coming from 14/16), what an AMAZING feeling! I still have those clothes from then and haven't been able to wear them for years. I'm feeling stirred again with motivation....that's a good thing because it keeps me focused. Deb, what are you thinking?
Old 04-09-2017, 09:18 AM   #428
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
at ole magic plan! IKR?! I'm seriously considering a round too. I looked at the calendar and can do a nice 3 week plan before the Miami trip. On this mini getaway trip, we're planning to do some shopping for our cruise (mom and sis) that's in late September. I remember the last cruise Mom and I did together in 2010 was after I'd done hhcg for the first time. The clothes I was able to buy (size 9/10, coming from 14/16), what an AMAZING feeling! I still have those clothes from then and haven't been able to wear them for years. I'm feeling stirred again with motivation....that's a good thing because it keeps me focused. Deb, what are you thinking?
LOL well I am thinking I can fit in a nice 3 week round also. I have to go visit with my Mom every 4 weeks, and I just had my turn, so this would be a really good time to just do it. I would have to be more strict that I have been in the past, but that is ok because Is know it will take effort to see results!! Planning starts today..
Old 04-09-2017, 02:53 PM   #429
shari
Major LCF Poster!

I'm with you! I started Eating 2.0 today as I had some drops leftover. I'm going to get stricter if needed too. I need serious losses, make the best out of this needed willpower.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:57 PM   #430
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Let's do this!!
Old 04-09-2017, 03:15 PM   #431
julieboolie

Good luck you guys! I remember that fun first weeks losses! I just have not be able to get them to stick . I don't know if I'll be able to make these new losses stick either, but I am really hoping to! I'm also thinking of taking a break and then going back on plan and trying to lose a bit more.

If you decide not to do hcg, maybe try the TSFL/Medifast plan I'm on. It's not cheap, but for about $300 you get a months fuelings and heaven knows I spend that on food anyway.
It is about 900-1100 cals a day and very easy to follow. You eat 5 of their "fuelings" each day, and do one meal (Lean and green) ex. 6 oz (cooked weight) chicken breast, salad with dressing, or broccoli, etc. it's a LOT easier than hcg for me, and although it takes a while longer than hcg, it is the ONLY thing I've found that'll work for me these days.
It's basically a low fat, low carb, meal plan but surprisingly the 5 fuelings (I like the bars and shakes the best) keep the hunger at bay and the lean and green is big enough and easy enough to eat out with. It's really easy to follow and just plain works. It's a LOT easier than hcg for me. let me know if you what to give it a try . Not pushing, just sharing since I feel your pain! You know I do!

I'm down 19lbs today-158.7!! and it'll be 7 weeks on Tuesday. I'd love to hit 20 lbs. then I plan to take a break. I miss eating more

You guys are all fired up! We all know that the motivation part is the hardest!

Shari-your trip and cruise are great motivation!! I'm excited for you! You'll have a blast!

Deb-yes! Pool season is just about here in AZ, so I hear that! Good motivation!

Glad you're here and fighting the fight ladies!

Old 04-10-2017, 06:03 AM   #432
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Julie, I know you must feel FANTASTIC!!! Go skinny-minnie!! To be able to wear smaller clothes again, some too loose is one of the best feelings of accomplishment. I'm so happy for you. Z is adorable. I'll definitely keep Medifast plan in my backpocket to try if necessary.

Deb~are you starting today?

I'm only down 0.6, partly because TOM's here but I also think I may have pushed rogue eating too far yesterday. I ate closer to 1000 cals, cutting back to 800 cals today. Plus will drink more water. I certainly know what to do since I've done it upteenth times. LOL.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:13 AM   #433
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow Julie, I know you must feel FANTASTIC!!! Go skinny-minnie!! To be able to wear smaller clothes again, some too loose is one of the best feelings of accomplishment. I'm so happy for you. Z is adorable. I'll definitely keep Medifast plan in my backpocket to try if necessary.

Deb~are you starting today?

I'm only down 0.6, partly because TOM's here but I also think I may have pushed rogue eating too far yesterday. I ate closer to 1000 cals, cutting back to 800 cals today. Plus will drink more water. I certainly know what to do since I've done it upteenth times. LOL.
Congrats JULIE!! I looked at your plan when you first started and although I don't have it in my budget with all the kiddos at home, I will also keep this in mind. Thanks for the info!! you are doing awesome!!!

Shari, I started yesterday but halfway through the day I was starving... (did not load well) So I am going to actually start today. I DID lose 3 pounds though eating 1300 cals... i am sure it is water weight. I do better when I am at work because I am so distracted with being busy.

My aim for today is 700 to 800 cals...... At least I am not hungry this morning!

Go ALL OF US!!!
Old 04-10-2017, 10:01 AM   #434
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on the nice loss!! Yup, I didn't load well either. I was listening on youtube about 2.0 and was reminded that losses are not as good when you don't load well. Oh well, I'll just keep this in mind if the losses don't measure to how it was before. I certainly don't want to go and load now since I started.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:33 AM   #435
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Oh boy, I was fine yesterday until I came home. I walked in the house, immediately I smelled pizza. Ugh, okay I let that go. Next, G pulls out of the freezer a carton of my favorite ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery!! He offered to put some for me in a bowl, I told him 'no', I'm on a strict low carb plan and can't divert. He says okay, but eat it in front of me...not to be mean, but just eating it normally. I then became angry (mentally); upset that I have to eat strict because I gained so much weight after losing it years ago, angry that they get to eat whatever, I can't...whine, whine, whine. But I got over it, re-framed my thoughts by remembering the goal of seeing a smaller scale number, imagined trying on my smaller clothes again and they're fitting (like Julie ), etc. I'm glad I didn't cave because I'm 2 lbs less this morning. I know my losses may not be as good as other rounds because of thyroid issues, but I'll be glad to see some scale movement PLUS the inch losses that are truly unique to (h)hcg. What helped also is I watched and when I couldn't watch I listened to YT videos....I'd forgotten how much this plan targets stubborn fat..the inch losses are amazing!
Old 04-11-2017, 05:06 AM   #436
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go Shari!!!! Wow, that is one hard thing to do, but be so proud of yourself for doing it!! congrats on your nice loss!!!

My hubby does things like that too. He also made pizza last night, but thankfully I don't like that kind...

I did well stuck to everything and less than 1000 cals but only a 1 pound loss today..... it is ok though because I had 3 yesterday.... I will just keep it up and see where it goes. I am not going to give up. I also want to feel better, my ankles hurt again and my lower back. Hate it!

Just keep on track today! That is my goal!
Old 04-11-2017, 06:37 AM   #437
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats to you too Deb!!! We have to remember that it all adds up to be a nice number at the end. Like you, I'm not giving up. I may have challenges along the way, but I'm on this road to stay. I pulled out some of my smaller clothes...I can see me in them now because of this plan. We're witnesses that it definitely works!!
Old 04-11-2017, 06:46 AM   #438
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Congrats to you too Deb!!! We have to remember that it all adds up to be a nice number at the end. Like you, I'm not giving up. I may have challenges along the way, but I'm on this road to stay. I pulled out some of my smaller clothes...I can see me in them now because of this plan. We're witnesses that it definitely works!!
Awesome!!!!
Old 04-11-2017, 10:40 AM   #439
julieboolie

You guys are doing great!,yay!! Off to th races!! It's hard, but when you're in the right mindset you can withstand all kinds of temptation! Wish I could bottle that mindset for when I need it! It comes and goes .

Well, after a few on and offs, the scale FINALLY said 167.8!!! That's my 20lb goal! :clap : I'm thrilled!!

So, I'm not gonna go crazy, but in gonna loosen up a little and see how I do. I want to maintain here a bit and wean off the fuelings. I'm afraid to stay on the sky for too long and need to stick this weight with real food. So, I'm treading lightly and will keep a few of the fuelings in my daily menu, but slowly add more regular food. Low carb mostly, but occasionally I'll have a treat . So, we'll see how it goes. I'm just so darned happy!! I was beginning to think I'd never get back here!!

Have a great day all!

Old 04-11-2017, 10:57 AM   #440
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
You guys are doing great!,yay!! Off to th races!! It's hard, but when you're in the right mindset you can withstand all kinds of temptation! Wish I could bottle that mindset for when I need it! It comes and goes .

Well, after a few on and offs, the scale FINALLY said 167.8!!! That's my 20lb goal! :clap : I'm thrilled!!

So, I'm not gonna go crazy, but in gonna loosen up a little and see how I do. I want to maintain here a bit and wean off the fuelings. I'm afraid to stay on the sky for too long and need to stick this weight with real food. So, I'm treading lightly and will keep a few of the fuelings in my daily menu, but slowly add more regular food. Low carb mostly, but occasionally I'll have a treat . So, we'll see how it goes. I'm just so darned happy!! I was beginning to think I'd never get back here!!

Have a great day all!
WOW Julie!!! that is fantastic!!! you stuck well with that and did so good! I am sure you mean 157.8 though right?
Old 04-11-2017, 12:14 PM   #441
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post

Have a great day all!
Wow Julie!!! Congratulations!!! I know you feel great, it's so worth the time and sacrifice you put into it!!
Old 04-12-2017, 03:34 AM   #442
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Weight stayed the same today. I'm very surprised as I stayed in the bathroom yesterday and ate light for dinner. Hmm, maybe water weight is shifting and cells are still holding water. I'll push for more water today and hopefully that'll help for tomorrow's weigh in. I'm eating higher fat, really more Atkins' style. I may have to go low fat, low carb which makes it harder.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:55 AM   #443
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hang in there Shari! you know you are doing the right thing and eating well. I am down .8 and I also stayed on plan. Mine is also higher fat and I felt kind of queasy. I just need to stay on track and maybe eat a bit lower fat. Not going all out low fat though.....

I may add a grapefruit today to break up that all meat queasy feeling I have. I just can't eat green veges raw right now, I don't know why but they actually sting my mouth and have a funny taste and smell. The only thing that does not have that smell to me is Spinach. So wierd!!!!
Old 04-12-2017, 07:01 AM   #444
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Deb for the support. Congrats on your release!! That is weird about the veggies, hmm. I forgot about grapefruit; I need to grab some too.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:54 AM   #445
julieboolie

Deb-that nausea could be a good sign! Ketosis does that to me initially. Good job losing and hope it continues and is easy to stick with. the week days are probably easier for you as I imagine you don't even have time to eat!

Shari-that scale isn't the best measure, we all know that, but I agree I like it to say nice things! You'll probably feel smaller then the scale will catch up, you're right it's that fat cell water thing...a nice whoosh must be on its way! Hang in there!

Not much new here. Slowly adding more variety...slowly!! Feeling fine, but definitely hungry! All good!

Old 04-13-2017, 06:07 AM   #446
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Down 1.2 today!! I am feeling so much better this time on LC with HCG. Very interesting!!! not much time today but wanted to check in. I don't have the stomach pains I had in the past. I think you are right Julie, Ketosis has hit!!

Shari hope you had a good day!
Old 04-13-2017, 10:16 AM   #447
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies,

Congrats Deb!!! Glad you're feeling better, I agree, it seems to have been LC flu.

Julie~ wishing you much success as you transition into eating more food. Again, congrats on hanging in there and being in the 150's again!!

I got busy earlier and didn't have time to post. I'm down 0.8 today, that's after cheating and eating a peppermint patty. I was sooo stressed yesterday over office drama (I HATE drama, try my best to stay out of it, but was thrown in yesterday!! ) and that sweet moment of sugar was my relief. LOL, I'm better today, still eating LC. I'm going to just take it day by day, even with lower losses...I'll take it because I can't manage low fat.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:26 AM   #448
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey ladies,

Congrats Deb!!! Glad you're feeling better, I agree, it seems to have been LC flu.

Julie~ wishing you much success as you transition into eating more food. Again, congrats on hanging in there and being in the 150's again!!

I got busy earlier and didn't have time to post. I'm down 0.8 today, that's after cheating and eating a peppermint patty. I was sooo stressed yesterday over office drama (I HATE drama, try my best to stay out of it, but was thrown in yesterday!! ) and that sweet moment of sugar was my relief. LOL, I'm better today, still eating LC. I'm going to just take it day by day, even with lower losses...I'll take it because I can't manage low fat.
You did great! Just think of how worse it could be?? .8 is wonderful!!!

Just like you said.. take it one day at a time!! I am right there with you on that!
Old 04-13-2017, 03:55 PM   #449
Gracie514
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gracie514
Hi Everyone! Shari came and visited me at my newly warmed up journal and let me know there was activity again over here, yay!!! Looks like some of us are on a new round. So far I'm down -8.8# not included the loading weight of 4#. I used to count it but I figure it's just a formality. My goal is 20 pounds as soon as possible I want to be back in onederland this year. I have been under a lot of stress lately with DS and his senior year and college search. Then my DD Erin is making her communion this year and DD Gracie is making her confirmation. On top of working full time and traveling a lot I feel like I'm going crazy. I wake up a lot at 3 or 4 in the morning with a stomach ache and can't go back to bed. I think about all I have to get done or about Ricky leaving for college and I get so stressed!!! And to top it all off my DH decided to redo the whole kitchen (like rip out walls and everything) which led to redoing the entire kitchen, dining room, and living room!!! This is financially stressful on top of worrying about paying for communion and grad parties. Plus Ricky is going to 2 proms. The tuxes are $175 each and his tickets are $200. AND the college he picked is $46K per year but he will pay $23K per year and play football. SOOOOOO, you can all see why I'm so freaking stressed out!!! LOL Y'all are probably wishing I would've just stayed away

Anyhoo, my stomach is growling right now. I had coffee this morning and for lunch I had a 3.5 ounce piece of chicken with lettuce and a small teeny piece of tomato. I'm trying to figure out what to eat for dinner. Not having a kitchen is so hard on hcg. I'm actually on RX injections this time around.

Hope you all have a great night! I'll check back tomorrow
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:07 PM   #450
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Gracie!! you have a ton on your plate.. Just take it one step, one day at a time.. We can't help but worry and stress, but honestly.. does it help solve the problem? in my case HECK NO....

Anyway that is human nature and you know in the end everything will work out as it should..... Congrats to your son on College and getting paid for playing Football! That is awesome.. Is he going to do student loans or are you going to have to come up with that part? We did both in our family and pro's/con's either way. Good luck to him!!!

Congrats on your girls also.. growing up so fast!! You will make it through, but I commend you on doing a round with NO KITCHEN! plus travel and everything else.. that is awesome! Great job so far!!

Have a wonderful rest of the evening and hang in there!