Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-08-2016, 03:59 PM   #1
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/187/169-mini goal
WOE: low carb-Atkins '72
Start Date: restart- 8/9/16
Pushing The 'Reset' Button Challenge

The purpose of this challenge is for all who need to do a 'reset' with their weight loss journey, be it because you've been off plan (like me), want to start something new, or just want somewhere to go to daily for support and accountability. I have found in the past, I do my personal best when under some sort of 'challenge' so suggested to some other ladies I know on here about the possibility of us starting a new challenge to reset our goals, commitment, and personal challenge to do our best without cheats.

All are welcome as some may find that low carb does not work for them, but want the accountability and support a challenge could provide.

Last edited by shari; 08-08-2016 at 04:01 PM..
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:39 PM   #2
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
YAY! thank you for starting this Shari! Looking forward to a good reset!! Back tomorrow for day 1.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:00 PM   #3
julieboolie
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/155.4/158lbs
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Yay!!! Thanks for getting going!! Very much looking forward to resetting!!

I'm having some hypothyroid issues and have gained some weight that won't leave! Despite Juddd and low cal. So, I'm back to LC for now and shooting to once again get into and hopefully maitain the 150's. I'll be back tomorrow to set goals

How long do we want to go? Through a holiday? I do well with goals like that

Come visit me in my journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=888635
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:04 AM   #4
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies! Happy Tuesday, I'm excited to really hunker down and get my head fully back in the game. I meant to come back here to add more personal goals as well but got busy. Thanks for the birthday wishes, I had a lot of fun celebrating yesterday...really, I've been celebrating since last Wednesday when coworkers brought white chocolate cake during our team meeting to celebrate August bdays. However with all that celebrating, I'm dreading getting on the scale this morning. I'm talking 6 straight days of eating off the charts. I'll see how I feel later this morning, LOL.

Julie~I agree with having a holiday goal, maybe Christmas or until the new year. I'm leaning towards the new year because I'd love, love, love to be in the 160's again by then.

I'm sure I'm well into the upper 180's, maybe low 190's now. However the beauty of this is that it will not stay long. I'm going to do low carb for sure, leaning more toward either Atkins '72 or Stillman's. These two will get me quickly into ketosis, take away cravings and get rid of water weight.

My mini-goal is to get back to 169...I'll take 169.8, as long as I see a 1-6-something, I'll be walking on sunshine all day long.

Last edited by shari; 08-09-2016 at 04:05 AM..
Old 08-09-2016, 04:44 AM   #5
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey ladies! Happy Tuesday, I'm excited to really hunker down and get my head fully back in the game. I meant to come back here to add more personal goals as well but got busy. Thanks for the birthday wishes, I had a lot of fun celebrating yesterday...really, I've been celebrating since last Wednesday when coworkers brought white chocolate cake during our team meeting to celebrate August bdays. However with all that celebrating, I'm dreading getting on the scale this morning. I'm talking 6 straight days of eating off the charts. I'll see how I feel later this morning, LOL.

Julie~I agree with having a holiday goal, maybe Christmas or until the new year. I'm leaning towards the new year because I'd love, love, love to be in the 160's again by then.

I'm sure I'm well into the upper 180's, maybe low 190's now. However the beauty of this is that it will not stay long. I'm going to do low carb for sure, leaning more toward either Atkins '72 or Stillman's. These two will get me quickly into ketosis, take away cravings and get rid of water weight.

My mini-goal is to get back to 169...I'll take 169.8, as long as I see a 1-6-something, I'll be walking on sunshine all day long.
Sounds like you celebrated well!!!

I would love to go through the NEW YEAR also! I am hoping to lose to the 60's or even 50's if I am diligent and lucky....

I am going to start with LC less than 30 net and see where it takes me. I kind of have to stay lower fat, so not Keto but more Atkins. I want to eat to hunger and hope my hunger goes away at some point. I am starting at 30 net because it seems when I try below 20 I give up too easily.

One step at a time and one week at a time I go!!. Excited ladies!!
Old 08-09-2016, 06:07 AM   #6
sweetpoison
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 238/238/160
WOE: 12 WEEK SPRING FEVER CHALLENGE
Start Date: 01/23/2017
I so need a reset..... have been crazy this summer..... to the tune of a 12 lb. gain back Weighed this a.m at 218..... guess I will keep Tuesday as my weigh in date.

Lets go ladies.... its time to stop being miserable.

Vicki
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:13 AM   #7
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
I so need a reset..... have been crazy this summer..... to the tune of a 12 lb. gain back Weighed this a.m at 218..... guess I will keep Tuesday as my weigh in date.

Lets go ladies.... its time to stop being miserable.

Vicki
Awesome!!! love seeing folks sign up! Lets do it!
Old 08-09-2016, 06:48 AM   #8
julieboolie

love it!! Let's go ladies!! We can do it!!

Hi Vicki! Nice to meet you and look forward to losing together!!

Shari-so glad you enjoyed yourself!! That's the right way to celebrate!

Deb-you've got this! You're so busy I'm sure planning is a big part of your success!

Through the new year is great!! I'll set mini goals for myself along the way, I do better with a shorter term focus. Less excuse and messing around .

I'm doing LC, not induction, but Atkins ongoing type. Had about 50g carbs yesterday. Not awful, and didn't overeat and was pleasantly satisfied with my food. Weight was 168.6 this morning, so the right direction. I was 158 before I went to Europe in May. I want to get back there!

I'll need to wrap my head around fat levels as I go. I would love to do keto, but know I need high protein as I lift, so it won't work well for me. But I'm used to carbs now, grab a nectarine etc. I may do a carb refeed once a week as I go along. We'll see.

Goals:
Workout 3x/week (more is better, but lifting is my focus)
Eating-work on feeling satisfied and mindful, LC for now
I want my jeans to be loose. It'll be a while till its cool enough to wear them!
I'd like to be 162-163 by Labor Day.
Then 150's by Halloween.

Have a great day all!

Old 08-27-2016, 07:04 AM   #9
julieboolie

Goals:
Workout 3x/week (more is better, but lifting is my focus)
Eating-work on feeling satisfied and mindful, LC for now
I want my jeans to be loose. It'll be a while till its cool enough to wear them!
I'd like to be 162-163 by Labor Day.
Then 150's by Halloween.

Well, Labor Day is next week and I weigh 173 lbs this morning! that's WITH watching and logging and being careful and controlled. Sigh.

I have been consistent and doing great with my lifting, so that's a definite bonus!
I added carbs back, trying for starch over sugar, focusing on my lifting days. Stopping when full is going better
But the dang scale! Up almost 5 lbs in the past 2 weeks! I know my thyroid is part of the puzzle but I'm so frustrated! I still have 2 weeks until I see the endocrinologist and even then meds won't be magic right away.
So, I'll be cutting calories a bit further this week and hope that'll help. I know I gain on 1700-1800 with a high level of activity-and should be able to maintain on 2300 according to all the sites . Sigh. Just not fair!

Ok, whining aside, I look pretty good! My jeans are a bit tight, but still zip. I look leaner in the mirror and the scale says BF has gone down a bit. So, I'm not giving up and will stick with the workouts and tweak my eating a bit more this week.

Hope you're all doing better than me!

Old 08-09-2016, 06:52 AM   #10
sweetpoison
Senior LCF Member

Through the end of the year works for me.......
Old 08-09-2016, 07:58 AM   #11
sweetpoison
Senior LCF Member

Figure I will do this in 12 week intervals........ 12 weeks from now is Nov. 1...... I am aiming to have dropped 30 by then.... never to see them again This is an on going fight that must end with me the winner. Looking to drop 60 total...... to old to go much more than that since I will look like a sharpai (spelling?) the wrinkly dog.... at that point.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:22 AM   #12
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki! The more the merrier.

I braved the scale today to get a starting weight, 187.2...ugh, definitely need to go down.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:04 AM   #13
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well Shari, it is better than mine.. The older I get, the harder it is KEEP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My long keto round where I was doing so well, has found me again..... well almost, anyway. YIKES!!! I was so close to the 2's again before that round. It is coming back on so fast, just eating normal foods.

I just can't do HCG and expect it to stick any more. DARN IT!!!!!!

I seem to lose pretty well when I cut back on the calories, but it won't stay away.... it loves me too much I guess. I am going to do my best though! I want to win that fat % challenge at work, but I am going backwards....
Old 08-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #14
scrappychik
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Re-start 07/25/2016
ladies!

I would love to have some extra support on this WL journey. I was very successful doing LC back in 2008, lost 40 pounds and got to goal. THEN I had gallbladder surgery, stomach issues continued, a DX of fibromyalgia and NOW I am perimenopausal
So over these last years my weight has crept up and I have been in denial

But I have HAD it and ready to make the changes necessary to get healthy. I hit the reset button a couple weeks ago and I am back on track

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Let's do this!!!

223 re-start
1st mini goal 199 3/28

198 197 196 194 193 192 191 190...
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:30 PM   #15
esmeralda
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: esmeralda
Stats: 206/172/145
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: August 2016
I want to wear the clothes I design!

Hi everyone, I would love to join your challenge!! I'm off and on low carb constantly. I'm 53 and a year ago I left my jobby job at a University to follow my dream and go to fashion school. Now I'm working part time for minimum wage and going to school full time. Its exhausting and exciting at the same time.

One thing that has really held me back in school is the fact that I can't fit into the things I make. We use standardized size 8 or size 10 mannequins. Most of the women in my class are younger and thinner and they get very excited about what they are making because they can wear them afterwards. I love creating, but so far I've been more excited about drawing the clothes than making them because I can't wear them. Picking out fabric, sometimes it's like "meh" it doesn't matter because I'll never see it again once it gets graded. I don't want to feel that way.

I've been doing low carb half-heartedly. Not really counting carbs, but sort of eating whatever I want as long as it's low carb. So it's been very slow. I'm determined to do it right this time. I've been using the Atkins app to count my carbs and trying to stay under 20 for a while. It's kind of shocking how quickly they add up. One cup of coffee with Splenda and some Greek yogurt and I'm already at 9.

I've lost 5 pounds already this week, so I'm really feeling inspired. I can't do anything about getting older, but being overweight is up to me. By the end of the school year, I want to be able to wear one of my own designs. So, my personal challenge is to be a size 10 by April. I'm a size 16/18 now.
Weight:206/172/145
Size: 18/14/10

Last edited by esmeralda; 08-09-2016 at 02:39 PM..
esmeralda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:49 AM   #16
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: age 60, prednisone since 11/16
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: 4/2006 restart:
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmeralda View Post
Hi everyone, I would love to join your challenge!! I'm off and on low carb constantly. I'm 53 and a year ago I left my jobby job at a University to follow my dream and go to fashion school. Now I'm working part time for minimum wage and going to school full time. Its exhausting and exciting at the same time.

One thing that has really held me back in school is the fact that I can't fit into the things I make. We use standardized size 8 or size 10 mannequins. Most of the women in my class are younger and thinner and they get very excited about what they are making because they can wear them afterwards. I love creating, but so far I've been more excited about drawing the clothes than making them because I can't wear them. Picking out fabric, sometimes it's like "meh" it doesn't matter because I'll never see it again once it gets graded. I don't want to feel that way.

I've been doing low carb half-heartedly. Not really counting carbs, but sort of eating whatever I want as long as it's low carb. So it's been very slow. I'm determined to do it right this time. I've been using the Atkins app to count my carbs and trying to stay under 20 for a while. It's kind of shocking how quickly they add up. One cup of coffee with Splenda and some Greek yogurt and I'm already at 9.

I've lost 5 pounds already this week, so I'm really feeling inspired. I can't do anything about getting older, but being overweight is up to me. By the end of the school year, I want to be able to wear one of my own designs. So, my personal challenge is to be a size 10 by April. I'm a size 16/18 now.
I'd love to join this group! I lost almost 100 pounds in 2006 but the last 22 months gained 65 pounds back due to multiple stress life changes. Tracey, I am close to your size, sometimes 20 on the bottom and size 10 is where I was 2 years ago. But now I'm in full menopause and had lose skin then so I can't imagine being quite that small at age almost 59. I'd be happy with size 14 again!

Last edited by Izzysdream; 08-10-2016 at 08:55 AM..
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:55 AM   #17
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmiejean
Stats: 234/221/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Married 37 Years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysdream View Post
I'd love to join this group! I lost almost 100 pounds in 2006 but the last 22 months gained 65 pounds back due to multiple stress life changes. .
I lost 100 in 2003 and I've been trying to get back there!!! I hear ya on life stresses!!! Sometimes they overtake us. But I'm getting older too (54) and it's not as easy as it once was.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:10 AM   #18
esmeralda
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysdream View Post
I'd love to join this group! I lost almost 100 pounds in 2006 but the last 22 months gained 65 pounds back due to multiple stress life changes. Tracey, I am close to your size, sometimes 20 on the bottom and size 10 is where I was 2 years ago. But now I'm in full menopause and had lose skin then so I can't imagine being quite that small at age almost 59. I'd be happy with size 14 again!
Menopause is the worst! I'm choosing to hope that hot flashes burn calories.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:08 AM   #19
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Lisa! Glad you're with us, you'll reach your goal again. It sucks to regain weight lost (I know too well), but the good thing is that you know you can lose it again. We're here to support you!

Tracey! Wow, that a chance you took to follow your dream...I really admire that! I feel you on the clothes issue, not that I make clothes, but I would love to be able to go to the store, pick up a size 8 and go. I remember just getting down to a size 10 (smallest I've been in my adult life) and felt incredible! I think you have a wonderful goal to look forward to. We'll celebrate together when you put on one of your designs and model it for us!!
Old 08-10-2016, 05:14 AM   #20
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday went well. I'll hold off on weighing until I'm in a few more days of doing low carb. Today, G (boyfriend), is joining me so the additional support leaves no excuse to slip up at home.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:59 AM   #21
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome to everyone!! Glad you are here and we can all help each other.

So yesterday went very well. Like you Shari, I won't weigh until Saturday at least when I can sleep longer..

I came in around 32 net, which is fine. I may do like Julie and go up to 50 IF I NEED IT.... like fruit which we know I love.

I am trying but not always successful in avoiding grains. If I do have any, it will most likely be early in the day so I can work it off. Yep, I do need to work out! Swimming it is!
Old 08-10-2016, 06:53 AM   #22
julieboolie

Good morning reset buddies!! I am so happy to have new friends here too!!

Lisa (love your screen name). You're in good company relosing and we're glad you're here with us .

Tracey! You're clearly a brave woman making such a big change in your life! How impressive and fun! I look forward to losing with you too!

Sweet-man are you right about the sharpei look!! I look gaunt and jowly if I get too thin (a problem I'm willing to work with, btw ) and recognize at my age some fat actually looks good

Shari-good job sticking it and inspiring G to join you! my dd(16) gave up sugar with me, and is considering lower carb too. It is so much easier together!

Deb- bummer . I thought it was permanently gone...but boy do I know how you feel!!! I just can't do hcg anymore. It so darned tempting because it works, and fast, but temporary. It just never stuck for me and was a waste of time and effort. But you know you, and what will work for you, and swimming is an awesome addition to your plan! did your WW losses stick? Maybe that would work better for the end of summer, fruit loving friend?

I've been back to LC for 2 days, and am feeling good. I'm not low enough for ketosis (at least I'd be shocked if I were, around 50g carbs or so) but it's done wonders for cleaning up my eating. My protein is also higher and that is so good with back to lifting. I'm off to lift this morning and hope I am plenty strong and energized even being lower carb. That's the only draw back to LC, the glycogen really helps my lifts. I may do a light carb cycling/refeed once a week...but am not ready to rock the boat just yet. I just got back IN the boat! down to 167.3 this morning, so -3 this week so far. Yay!! let's keep it going ladies!!

Old 08-10-2016, 07:08 AM   #23
sweetpoison
Senior LCF Member

Working it..... best I can today so far
Old 08-10-2016, 07:14 AM   #24
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

I'm pushing the "reset Button!" Good Morning!

Good Morning Ladies!

Amazing what trying on clothes can do for my state of mind. I think it took me realising that I had to go to the "big" shops to find anything that actually fit me!

I guess I didn't realise I was this big. AKA HUGE..... I kept thinking "I don't look that bad. Do I????" PPPFFFFTTTTT!

My Menu:
2 eggs, sausage
left over Southwest Taco Soup
fajita meat with a salad.

Yes I've joined two challenges, but I love the inspiration!
Old 08-10-2016, 07:25 AM   #25
scrappychik
Senior LCF Member

Julie~ WTG on the 3 pound loss!!!

Sweet~ I'm workin it too

Kimmie~ I have done the exact same thing... Total denial but I have woken up and doing something about it now. Taco soup sounds

Down another pound today and so grateful!!!

I'm off to drink my protein shake... Laters

223 re-start
1st mini goal 199 3/28

Old 08-10-2016, 08:01 AM   #26
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
Kimmie~ I have done the exact same thing... Total denial but I have woken up and doing something about it now. Taco soup sounds
It's Linda Sue's recipe. It is my go-to when I'm hungry.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:18 AM   #27
scrappychik
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejean View Post
It's Linda Sue's recipe. It is my go-to when I'm hungry.
LOVE Linda Sue!!! I have many of her recipes in my menu rotation. I will have to add this one... Thx

223 re-start
1st mini goal 199 3/28

Old 08-10-2016, 08:28 AM   #28
scrappychik
Senior LCF Member

Shari~Thanks for the welcome! Glad G is joining you. It will be nice to have the extra support

Deb~ I love fruit too... Peaches are in season and LOVE them. I had some from a local farm before committing to LC again. This is YOUR journey though and u find and do what works for you

223 re-start
1st mini goal 199 3/28

Old 08-10-2016, 08:37 AM   #29
scrappychik
Senior LCF Member

And Tracey.. So cool to meet a fellow creator! I make knit and crochet accessories and sell them in an Etsy shop. I can understand how frustrating it must be to create something and not be able to wear/ enjoy it... As I make mostly scarves though I can wear them no matter how fluffy I am

You can do this and it will be oh so satisfying to be able to don your lovelies one day in the near future

223 re-start
1st mini goal 199 3/28

Old 08-11-2016, 11:18 AM   #30
esmeralda
Junior LCF Member

Hey Lisa. I'd be a mess without a creative outlet. When I can't bring myself to take on a full fledged sewing project, I am always doing something with my hands. Coloring helps me to not eat!